Discussion started by goosed (IP Logged), 17 January, 2020 09:02
goosed
goosed
17 January, 2020 09:02
See a 3-1 to Ipswich here norwood getting at least one

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
17 January, 2020 10:03
They've rediscovered a bit of form lately and Norwood's started scoring again. But we'll win 2-1. Maybe.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
17 January, 2020 10:06
1-0 to us Norwood OG he had touch of memory loss.(Sm26)

If he did polite applause only(Sm152)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/01/2020 11:58 by BELMONT.

DevonExile
DevonExile
17 January, 2020 12:37
It would be no disgrace to take nothing from this game but because we have thrown away so many points against teams in the lower third we have to win at least some of the games of this sort

Zint
Zint
17 January, 2020 12:51
I don’t think we will get anything from this game. We will pick up two more points this month against Sunderland and Blackpool. The

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
17 January, 2020 13:19
They were recently winless in 7 games and speculation began about Lamberts future, but he then signed a contract to keep him at Portman Road till 2025 and results have improved a bit, a good draw at Wycombe ( Nors scored ) then they had a good home win vs Accrington ( Nors scored ) and then picked up a decent away point at Oxford the other night, I noticed that Norwood was subbed on 70 mins at Oxford, not sure if this was tactical or if he took a knock..did anyone see the water on Oxfords pitch in the first half? they had to stop the game for 18 mins to clear away all the surface water, the game was in danger of being abandoned..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/01/2020 13:55 by hong kong rover.

the baldy one
the baldy one
17 January, 2020 13:31
even though Ipswich town beat Accrington 4-1 at home last week - they are still on a run of one win in their last 15 games which is relegation form. but for some reason they are in 3rd place. as I said about 3 months ago - paul lambert is the 2nd worst manager in league one, the worst manager is sol campbell of southend united.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
17 January, 2020 13:34
I think that's a tad unfair to say that Sol Campbell is the worst manager, the 2 clubs he has managed at are both in desperate dire straits..he has taken on impossible jobs.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
17 January, 2020 13:36
Lincoln put 5 past them, lets heap the pressure on Lambert!
I hope our Paddock lads near their dug out will give him plenty of encouragement (Sm100)

"Lambert you're not very good" .. or industrial words to that effect

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

the baldy one
the baldy one
17 January, 2020 13:46
sol campbell is a strange person. if anyone remembers he signed for notts county as a player when sven goran Eriksson was boss, made his debut and walked out on the club after one game - very weird. he most probably thought notts county was notts forest and relised he made a big mistake. and now what can you say about sol campbell the manager - not much except to say as a manager he is about as much good as a car with no wheels.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
17 January, 2020 14:29
Tomorrows other League one fixtures we need to keep an eye on...

Accrington v Southend
Wimbledon v Peterborough
Bolton v Portsmouth
MK v Sunderland
Wycombe v Rochdale

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
17 January, 2020 15:15
Sol Campbell did an almost impossible job at Macc last season keeping them in the FL, it would appear without being paid, if he is still owed180K.

Decent start this season, bailed out when it would appear same problems arose. regarding non payment of players etc.

Surprise appointment at Southend, as yet thankfully, not had the same impact or we could be in even deeper poo.

As usual, baldy's comments/opinion extremely wide of the mark.

Kentexile
Kentexile
17 January, 2020 15:34
Going for a win this week.
I'm sick of being a pessimist and getting it right.

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
17 January, 2020 18:26
Tend to think that Nors will score in a 3-1, or 3-2 Ipswich win,...after all he knows how to score in OUR goals...!!!!

Bored rover
Bored rover
17 January, 2020 19:39
I’ll take any result, and will be all the merrier if we get one and the traitor doesn’t score! Only joking fair play to him, just hope he doesn’t score!!

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
17 January, 2020 22:26
At least if our defence goes awol again we can rely in him to miss the one on one! A trait which hasn't gone unnoticed by Ipswich fans.

MESSAGES->author
Elvis
17 January, 2020 22:55
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
At least if our defence goes awol again we can rely in him to miss the one on one! A trait which hasn't gone unnoticed by Ipswich fans.

lol

fingers crossed

MESSAGES->author
Elvis
17 January, 2020 22:58
As much as I liked Norwood, I hope he has a terrible game.

Ferrier FTW

2-1 Rovers

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
17 January, 2020 23:33
Ipswich, Watford, Man Utd.............@#$%& me, It's like the good old days; I'm drinking to that, but the league table's upside down!
It'll be good for us sinners to briefly have the Lord back in our lives, but I'm sure we'll be turning our back on him once the whistle blows.
A creditable draw would suit me.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
18 January, 2020 00:30
He 'll get a great welcome back but after that I hope he has a stinker.2-1 rovers SWA

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere
18 January, 2020 10:49
We will win 2-0. Nors will miss 2 one on ones with our keeper. He'll miss a penalty also. He won't be ridiculed. We have too much respect for that.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 January, 2020 14:25
Scott Davies back in goal.... Norwood on the bench...

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 January, 2020 14:26
Cmon the Rovers!

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
18 January, 2020 15:23
Quote:
hong kong rover
Cmon the Rovers!
we seem to be doing ok at the moment HKR
come on rovers lets get an early goal(Sm152)

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 January, 2020 15:36
Quote:
Shaumbra
Quote:
hong kong rover
Cmon the Rovers!

hi shaumbra, yesssss 1 up get in Rovers...see if we can keep this lead!

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
18 January, 2020 15:36
33' | GGGGOOOOOOAAAAALLLLLLLL!!!

Manny with a towering header! GET IN!

1-0

Get in there......... Come on Rovers

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
18 January, 2020 15:37
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Shaumbra
Quote:
hong kong rover
Cmon the Rovers!

hi shaumbra, yesssss 1 up get in Rovers...see if we can keep this lead!
yes at least til half time
we can do this.....come on lads

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
18 January, 2020 16:06
We've played some really good football dispute the pitch. Ipswich do have a bit more about them, but wev've had the better chances and Perkins and woodyard have been excellent.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 January, 2020 16:17
Damn! they've equalized.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
18 January, 2020 16:24
Quote:
hong kong rover
Damn! they've equalized.
we'll get the winner with 10 mins left to play

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
18 January, 2020 16:36
banks is on now, hopefully he can produce some magic in the final third

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
18 January, 2020 16:43
79' | Goal for Ipswich. Jackson breaks through and lifts the ball over Davies.

1-2

not good

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 January, 2020 16:45
2-1 down....f*ck, p*ss, sh*t, tw*t and bollox!

Bored rover
Bored rover
18 January, 2020 17:02
It’s not strikers we need it’s defender(s) we went 1-0 that should be enough at home, played pretty decent but can’t hold our own water at the back.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
18 January, 2020 17:02
Battled well but they had the class. Norwood doing a sheringham impression for their winner. We were clapped off the pitch. Sometime you've got to take your medicine against a better team

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 January, 2020 17:03
Wimbledon win
Southend win at Accrington
Bolton lost
MK lost
Rochdale lost

Tranmere pete San Francisco.
Pete SF
18 January, 2020 17:31
A great first half. Second half Ipswich were the better team. Should have bought on cory blackett taylor much earlier. Another disappointing afternoon.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
18 January, 2020 17:32
Mixed feelings really. Didnt offer anything upfront but Ipswich looked nervous first half. Second half Ipswich were much better and we persisted in lumping high balls into the middle to Ferrier on his own who was always surrounded by three massive Ipswich players. Not hard to spot yet we continued doing it. Caprice one trick pony, leg it down the right, ALWAYS do a step over then cross to nobody, very frustrating. Plus side was Woodyard looks a great addition. CBT did shite all again so dont get the calls for an earlier introduction

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/01/2020 17:35 by Uptonrover.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
18 January, 2020 17:45
Quote:
Shaumbra
Quote:
hong kong rover
Damn! they've equalized.
we'll get the winner with 10 mins left to play
Just the one crucial word wrong.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi
18 January, 2020 17:58
2 shots on target

3 yellow cards

Really positive first half, ipswich came out for second half, some really positive moments from
rovers, we need some
momentum and a wins now.

Zint
Zint
18 January, 2020 18:02
I wasn’t convinced at half-time but happy enough with the lead.

Ipswich came out all guns blazing 2nd half and used the width more. Danns going off was partly because him and Perkins had both been booked.

Never thought we would get owt today, new guys looked decent. Let’s get 3 points against Sunderland.

Uglybob
Uglybob
18 January, 2020 18:12
Not a lot else to add really . Better team first half but let them in second half .
Agree with Uptonrover , why oh why do we just keep playing those balls up to Ferrier who is all alone with the 2 centre backs to keep him company , it is never going to work .
Why don't we play a straight 4-4-2 with the same back 4 as today , Banks , Woodyard , Morris & Jennings in mid with Ferrier and Mullen up front . We can't just keep leaving Ferrier on his tod feeding off scraps all game - it's not working .

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 January, 2020 18:19
Just the one win from our last ten league games...How was the pitch today? Any improvement? What was the attendance today? Why is it that the majority of clubs reveal their attendances but we don't?

Bored rover
Bored rover
18 January, 2020 18:25
At least we battled and put up a fight, I can accept relegation if we give it a go and loose out purely in the fact we aren’t good enough, but some performances have been woeful but on the plus these are the most expensive side in the league and we have it a go kept them out for almost an hour scored first. I just hope we are still in touch by the time the new signings and return from injuries settle in. Plus to our situation is game on hand on most, two on MK is it and no one really pulling away. A good final third to the season will see us safe if we can get their in touch.

ADD
ADD
18 January, 2020 18:27
Quote:
hong kong rover
Just the one win from our last ten league games...How was the pitch today? Any improvement? What was the attendance today? Why is it that the majority of clubs reveal their attendances but we don't?
Hi HKR, Pitch was absolutely awful to look at though playable. Having to possibly play 2 games on it in 3 days will be a tough ask mind you although that said there is apparently no rain forecast before Thursday and we will have 2 sunny days although obviously will be cold...
Tranmere did release the attendance on Twitter. Not sure where else they do. Was 7921 with 1148 from Ipswich.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
18 January, 2020 18:34
Cannot fault the effort and Woodyard was very good today, Clarke looked more assured today and was talking to the defence.

We were definitely under pressure second half and once they equalised I was expecting us to change to 442.

Less said about the officials the better, summed up by the award of a corner when obviously came off CBT, who threw the ball to the Ipswich keeper, the referee then changed his decision.

What a plonker.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
18 January, 2020 18:41
Some decent individual performances but not really playing well as a team.Good first half but as usual couldn't keep it going for 90 minutes.I thought that Danns was particularly effective but Perkins is struggling. Also good to see the returnees.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 January, 2020 18:42
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
hong kong rover
Hi HKR, Pitch was absolutely awful to look at though playable. Having to possibly play 2 games on it in 3 days will be a tough ask mind you although that said there is apparently no rain forecast before Thursday and we will have 2 sunny days although obviously will be cold...
Tranmere did release the attendance on Twitter. Not sure where else they do. Was 7921 with 1148 from Ipswich.

Many thks, ADD.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
18 January, 2020 18:53
Just been reading Lambert's take on the game, bit one sided and not factually correct IMO

What do others think?

Kennel
Kennel
18 January, 2020 19:32
Davies was by far the busiest keeper.....Perkins and Caprice and Harris too lightweight on the muddy pitch,trying flicks and drawbacks then losing posession.Why does Caprice insist on trying to go round the defender instead of a first time cross? Woodyard our best player by a mile today...felt sorry for Ferrier who ran his heart out for the cause,Micky must give him support.

Yiggo
Yiggsy
18 January, 2020 20:28
Just seen the highlights on Sky.

The amount of sand on that pitch reminded me of the walk from West Kirby to Hilbre.

Seems like we can only get a game on when the tides out!

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
18 January, 2020 20:45
Groundsman deserved a sanding ovation for getting the match on

stek26
stek26
18 January, 2020 21:03
Always look forward to the difference opinions on the game.....

First half good performance,we just about edged it and deserved our lead. Kept them quiet and if Clarke finished in the bottom corner maybe a different story!

Thought Caprice was good especially first half.

Perks was good first half then faded.

Woodyard - MOTM. Very aggressive, gets about and is good on the ball. Better in the middle today instead of on the left of the 3, as he was against Southend.

Ferrier ineffective. Partly due to the long balls, but I don’t think he even had a shot. That’s 11 starts - 4 goals ......same stat as Payne.
He needs help, think he will better in a 2 (with a target man) or coming in from wing.

Danns, imo is a passenger. No room for both him
and Perks in the starting lineup.

Wheels come off from the start off the second half, why the game was so open I will never know.
Mickeys wel have a go tactic is worrying, why not just make us hard to beat. Keep it tight, hit them on the counter.
Could see a defeat coming a mile off after 10 mins into second half of end to end, only when we go 2-1 down does he change it up.

Zint
Zint
18 January, 2020 21:28
To be fair, they came out at the start of the 2nd half firing on all cylinders. Their quality was totally above ours.

stek26
stek26
18 January, 2020 21:45
Quote:
Zint
To be fair, they came out at the start of the 2nd half firing on all cylinders. Their quality was totally above ours.

They did, but us making the game open and end to end played into their hands.

We do not have the quality to compete these teams. I remember going to Sunderland and trying to have a go...as MIckey puts it - see where we’re at.

For a team in the relegation zone we are not a defensive minded team and we do not park the bus, a tactic we need to learn especially when we have something to hold onto!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 January, 2020 21:54
That Prenton pitch would be a great filming location for some of those classic desert movies..

Lawrence of Arabia
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
Walkabout

Anymore desert films chaps?

warren r
Wozza
18 January, 2020 21:55
There better class of players showed as the 2 nd half went on It felt inevitable they would get the win Unfortunately I can’t see us winning a game between now and the end of the season we knew it would be hard but it feels like we’re going out with a bit of a wimper and a tinge of inevitability

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
18 January, 2020 23:37
I just wanted to echo the comments about Woodyard, he and Clarke look like really positive acquisitions. I'm not too disheartened after today; if you think back to the first half against Rochdale for the opening home game of the season, they tore us apart. We look much improved against better opposition and there were fine margins between us picking something up from the game and the eventual outcome. Don't get me wrong, it hurts when we lose and in hindsight, we may have done some things differently, but we were definitely competitive throughout the game and limited Ipswich to few chances.
There does seem to be a lot of trepidation in the crowd and the chants seem more sporadic and with less gusto. Perhaps we've all got a part to play in getting behind the team and pushing them on, despite the position we're in and how difficult this may be. I'm confident on today's showing that we can turn it around, but it's going to be a tough ride; do we do it any other way!
HKR, how about :
The Hills Have Eyes (there's no getting away from the fact that the lads are being watched with some ill intention)
Abbot and Costello in the Foreign Legion (apt with some of our comedic defending in some games)
Resident Evil: Extinction (sounds to prophetic though!)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/01/2020 23:49 by Phil65.

Zint
Zint
19 January, 2020 04:02
Middle of the night thought

We have been able to influence games all season but we lack the ability to control games. This is crucial. This may be the difference between survival and relegation and has been there since w e played Rochdale.

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
19 January, 2020 10:58
Went into the Ipswich forum and comments from there side was it was there best performance of the season.
If that’s the case we’re not too far away of where we need to be.

Tommy Egg
Tommy Egg
19 January, 2020 11:00
They're not giving me sleepless nights yet .I thought Clark and Woodyard do improve the team and having Banks coming back will help particularly to relieve Dan's and Perks after say 60 minute mark to ease him back in .
Obviously pitch not helping our skillful ball carriers like Morris ,CBT & HBurn M so in that sense it isn't really a leveller. On the whole I think we will survive ,just! Maybe with better away performances on better pitches .

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
19 January, 2020 14:00
Quote:
Phil65
I just wanted to echo the comments about Woodyard, he and Clarke look like really positive acquisitions. I'm not too disheartened after today; if you think back to the first half against Rochdale for the opening home game of the season, they tore us apart. We look much improved against better opposition and there were fine margins between us picking something up from the game and the eventual outcome. Don't get me wrong, it hurts when we lose and in hindsight, we may have done some things differently, but we were definitely competitive throughout the game and limited Ipswich to few chances.
There does seem to be a lot of trepidation in the crowd and the chants seem more sporadic and with less gusto. Perhaps we've all got a part to play in getting behind the team and pushing them on, despite the position we're in and how difficult this may be. I'm confident on today's showing that we can turn it around, but it's going to be a tough ride; do we do it any other way!
HKR, how about :
The Hills Have Eyes (there's no getting away from the fact that the lads are being watched with some ill intention)
Abbot and Costello in the Foreign Legion (apt with some of our comedic defending in some games)
Resident Evil: Extinction (sounds to prophetic though!)

Nice one Phil, another great old desert movie was, 'Bad Day At Black Rock.'... That was a good old film.

Yiggo
Yiggsy
19 January, 2020 14:05
Quote:
Uptonrover

Very good! smiling smiley

Another good desert film was Tommy Lawrence of Arabia.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
19 January, 2020 14:07
Quote:
Yiggsy
Quote:
Uptonrover

Very good! smiling smiley

Another good desert film was Tommy Lawrence of Arabia.

lol, and 'Mad Max' Power...

Zint
Zint
19 January, 2020 14:13
Watching Burnley v Leicester, weird green stuff all over the place. What is it?!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
19 January, 2020 14:14
Quote:
Zint
Watching Burnley v Leicester, weird green stuff all over the place. What is it?!

lol

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
19 January, 2020 14:49
More great desert movies with a Rovers connection...

The Goodison, The Bad and The Ugly.
Gunfight at The AntOny Kay Corral.
How The Gordon West Was Won.

Yiggo
Yiggsy
19 January, 2020 18:46
Who needs Mallorca? Set up some deckchairs, an overground pool and a calypso bar and we will be minted... I'm available Mark and Nicola if you need an ideas man! smiling smiley

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
19 January, 2020 23:12
Some of the most memorable films and TV include:

The Vickers of Dibley

It'll Be Aldridge On The Night

Teale and Sympathy

Nevin Say Nevin Again

The Greenacre Mile

Babb Boys, Babb Boys II, and Babb Boys For Life

Graham Alien 1, 2, 3, Resurrection and Versus Preditor

Goodison Night Sweetheart

Edds And Tails

The Dannsbusters

Ready, Steady Cook

Frost , Nixon

The Saint John

The Sound Of Muirsic

To Morrow Never Dies

Howarth The West Was Won

Worthington Beer Ads

Rogers Rogers

Neil McNab's Tour Of Duty

Kevin Ellison and Perry Go Large

The Dagnall Wears Prada

Curran And Chips

Grange Clint Hill

Tiryaki And June

George Barker and Mildred

Some Like It Otsemobor

Jailhouse Ricketts

Monty Python And The Holy McGreal

Joe Hart To Hart

Dadi Day Care

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/01/2020 23:26 by Matt34.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net