Latest news:

Micky doesn’t understand...
Discussion started by This is sh1t (IP Logged), 16 January, 2020 18:39
This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
16 January, 2020 18:39
One of our common posters who will remain nameless...

“I would be astounded if there was a person out there thinking that I can go and pluck good players from the top end of League One.”
“It’s what has always happened at Tranmere, so it’s always a real surprise to me that people don’t remember that.

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
16 January, 2020 22:10
Quote:
This is @#$%&
“I would be astounded if there was a person out there thinking that I can go and pluck good players from the top end of League One.”
“It’s what has always happened at Tranmere, so it’s always a real surprise to me that people don’t remember that.

It's only fair to give MM till the end of the season, as he has done well to get us back to L1 in such a short space of time. I think we were pretty lucky to go up last season given our league position. Guess we will have to just make do with what we can get at this time, and consider who would want to come to a club in the relegation zone of L1 ? Not that great a pull for quality strikers ?

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
17 January, 2020 09:08
I always ridicule clubs that sack managers who have got them promoted if they struggle the following year. Helped them, in some cases been largely responsible for, that success then ditched at the first sign of trouble. And it some cases helped them get to a level they have never been at before. Do we really want Tranmere to be another one of those clubs? I sure don't.

pez
pez
17 January, 2020 10:29
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
I always ridicule clubs that sack managers who have got them promoted if they struggle the following year. Helped them, in some cases been largely responsible for, that success then ditched at the first sign of trouble. And it some cases helped them get to a level they have never been at before. Do we really want Tranmere to be another one of those clubs? I sure don't.

I fully agree.

If Micky had the finances which some league one club's have, then he'd assemble a very decent side.

Unfortunately he's having to gamble with what we can afford, but unfortunately, the gamble seems to have failed this season.

If he manages to keep us up, then a massive rethink and clear out is essential for next season.

He cannot keep riding his luck and the owners need to find investment or sell to someone who can.

That's not me having a go at Mark & Nicola Palios, it's an observation that they love the club, but are financially limited as to how far they can take the club.

Without investment, were not going to move forward, and the signs are already there with poor recruitment and the dreaded pitch fiasco.

There's no doubting the owners love for Tranmere , and I'm sure if the funds were there, they'd be giving Micky what he needed.

The reality is that were just not equipped at present to get to the next level.

League 1 survival is undoubtedly our main aim, hopefully the long term absentees coming back in may just be what we need to get there!

Zint
Zint
18 January, 2020 08:00
Quote:
LongStandingFan
Quote:
This is @#$%&

It's only fair to give MM till the end of the season, as he has done well to get us back to L1 in such a short space of time. I think we were pretty lucky to go up last season given our league position. Guess we will have to just make do with what we can get at this time, and consider who would want to come to a club in the relegation zone of L1 ? Not that great a pull for quality strikers ?

Even if we get relegated I would stick with Micky. It’s worked at Burton with Clough.

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
18 January, 2020 09:13
Agree Zint.

Some stability is needed - and he’s a good manager.
People will always question decisions, since he put Steve on in the final last year ( I’m sure almost everyone questioned that ) I don’t question anymore...

We can do far worse, Barnes / Edwards - that’s not too long ago...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/01/2020 09:13 by This is @#$%&.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
18 January, 2020 19:16
Even if Tranmere got reelgated which I think they won't, keeping Micky would be shrewed. Burnley did it with Shun Dyche and it worked and Blackpool did it with Holloway and he had them in a playoff final after that and then 3 from 3 at the start of the following season before the Palace move.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

mogsysmullet
mogsysmullet
18 January, 2020 20:56
If we went down I’d keep MM simple as. Yes it’s been said he struggles in league one but his record in league 2 is exceptional no brainier for me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net