Latest news:

ex striker jake cassidy
Discussion started by the baldy one (IP Logged), 14 January, 2020 14:19
the baldy one
the baldy one
14 January, 2020 14:19
i see our former loan signing jake Cassidy has in the last few days signed for league 2 Stevenage. if anyone remembers we had him on loan 3 times and I must say he turned out to be one of our best ever loan signings. I think altogether he scored about 25 goals over his 3 loan periods. but he is now another striker we have missed in this transfer window along with Bruno Andrade. no one on this earth is telling me that Stevenage have got better scouts than us - so why did we not relise he was available. Cassidy is only 26 years old so he would of been a great signing.

Cybertron
Cybertron
14 January, 2020 14:22
I don't think we've missed out on signing him, I've seen him play a couple of times for Hartlepool and Maidenhead....NL sadly is about his level.

misterecoli
misterecoli
14 January, 2020 15:35
Yeah I think saying we missed signing him suggests 'we had the chance and he would have been a great addition' Not sure this is true in this case.

Him ending up at a league below doesn't fill me with confidence he'd have done anything for us

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2020 16:08 by misterecoli.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
14 January, 2020 15:39
He has done s*d all since that good time he had with the Rovers, all he has ever done since then is jump from club to club, hardly scored any goals, has suffered too many injuries and seen his chances with Wales at international level completely disappear.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2020 15:57 by hong kong rover.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
14 January, 2020 15:40
and he hasn't played in the footy league for about 4 years now.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
14 January, 2020 15:50
on the subject of former strikers, if Cole Stockton were to ever come back then I think a lot of us would just give up on the club.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2020 16:01 by hong kong rover.

Muir the merrier
Muir the merrier
14 January, 2020 15:50
Baldy, I asked you in another thread to name a striker or strikers and a cost and so far you're only name is Jake Cassidy.....not sure you'll be recruited by Mr Palios for scouting duties !!

davep63
davep63
14 January, 2020 17:51
Quote:
the baldy one
i see our former loan signing jake Cassidy has in the last few days signed for league 2 Stevenage. if anyone remembers we had him on loan 3 times and I must say he turned out to be one of our best ever loan signings. I think altogether he scored about 25 goals over his 3 loan periods. but he is now another striker we have missed in this transfer window along with Bruno Andrade. no one on this earth is telling me that Stevenage have got better scouts than us - so why did we not relise he was available. Cassidy is only 26 years old so he would of been a great signing.
Badly are you on drugs the best ever loan signing my @#$%& he scored most of his goals in a couple of good games then sod all after that SWA

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
14 January, 2020 22:30
Quote:
hong kong rover
He has done s*d all since that good time he had with the Rovers, all he has ever done since then is jump from club to club, hardly scored any goals, has suffered too many injuries and seen his chances with Wales at international level completely disappear.

Yes hkr, tend to agree with you,...the lad sadly seems to have faded into indifference........I wouldn't rush to have him back myself.

the baldy one
the baldy one
15 January, 2020 06:13
davep63 - your answer is laughable. please read what I said- you have not understood what I printed. what I meant about jake Cassidy was - over the past 30 years or so Tranmere rovers have signed loads and loads of strikers on loan who have been as much good as a mince pie. but for jake Cassidy to score 25 goals is not bad. if you disagree - can you please tell me another striker who we signed on loan who scored more than 25 goals. I cannot think of one.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
15 January, 2020 07:39
For the record Jake played 55 games over 3 different loans and actually scored 17 times.

the baldy one
the baldy one
15 January, 2020 08:16
jack of all trades - thanks for them stats. I remember a match at prenton park v Colchester I think. jake Cassidy got a hattrick and we won 4-0 and were top of league one under Ronnie moore. if I am correct- at one point we were 7 points clear in 1st place Ronnie moore won manager of the month twice but we ended the season in 11th place.

Kentexile
Kentexile
15 January, 2020 08:34
May have been a great signing, who knows?

But he couldn't cut it at Hartlepool and has scored just 5 goals in 28 games in the National League this season. Imagine the meltdown if we'd signed him with those stats.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
15 January, 2020 09:44
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
For the record Jake played 55 games over 3 different loans and actually scored 17 times.
And nearly all of those games came in his first spell, when he was - admittedly - fantastic. And did look as good a loan signing as I can recall. The subsequent spells proved that he couldn't sustain that scoring record and he added little to the team when he wasn't scoring. That first loan spell seems to have been a massive outlier in an otherwise NLN level career. I don't think we've missed anything here.

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
15 January, 2020 11:18
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
And nearly all of those games came in his first spell, when he was - admittedly - fantastic. And did look as good a loan signing as I can recall. The subsequent spells proved that he couldn't sustain that scoring record and he added little to the team when he wasn't scoring. That first loan spell seems to have been a massive outlier in an otherwise NLN level career. I don't think we've missed anything here.

Yes, he was good in his first loan spell, but didn't he get injured and was out for a while, and never really seemed to regain that early promise ?

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
15 January, 2020 11:37
Quote:
LongStandingFan
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Jack of all Trades

Yes, he was good in his first loan spell, but didn't he get injurted and was out for a while, and never really seemed to regain that early promise ?

Quite possibly, I think the injury wasn't with us but when he was recalled by Wolves so I'm not sure how serious it was. The situation was eerily similar to that of our last impact loanee though, who was great when full of confidence initially but got injured and looked like nothing after. Possibly goes to show how fine the margins between success and otherwise are in pro football.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
15 January, 2020 12:11
In Cassidy's first loan he still had a chance of making it at Wolves. He was young, hungry and felt he had a chance of the big time.

Once he knew he want going to make the grade, he lost something. His later spell at PP was just a stopping off point on a downward trajectory that ended up in non-league football.

His story is far from unique.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere
16 January, 2020 16:41
And he did well in a team that was playing well. How well would he do in a poor team?

Tranman
Tranman
16 January, 2020 19:32
His brother Butch would score more goals, and he might bring along his mate with him!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/01/2020 20:04 by Tranman.

Kentexile
Kentexile
17 January, 2020 16:03
Quote:
Tranman
His brother Butch would score more goals, and he might bring along his mate with him!

If his mate can do his sun-dance thingy that could really help with our pitch.

Tranman
Tranman
17 January, 2020 17:44
Quote:
Kentexile
Quote:
Tranman

If his mate can do his sun-dance thingy that could really help with our pitch.

Yes, indeed.

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
17 January, 2020 18:21
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
LongStandingFan
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Jack of all Trades

Yes, he was good in his first loan spell, but didn't he get injurted and was out for a while, and never really seemed to regain that early promise ?

Quite possibly, I think the injury wasn't with us but when he was recalled by Wolves so I'm not sure how serious it was. The situation was eerily similar to that of our last impact loanee though, who was great when full of confidence initially but got injured and looked like nothing after. Possibly goes to show how fine the margins between success and otherwise are in pro football.

Yes I agree,...some players just do not come back the same.

Zint
Zint
18 January, 2020 07:58
Quote:
davep63
Quote:
the baldy one
Badly are you on drugs the best ever loan signing my @#$%& he scored most of his goals in a couple of good games then sod all after that SWA

Agreed. Pat Nevin was our best ever loan signing. He then joined permanently at the end of the loan period.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
19 January, 2020 13:30
See that Cassidy scored on his Stevenage debut yesterday in their very impressive away win at Cambridge...Was recently reading the comments of Stevenage boss Graham Westley,.. 'We are aiming for the Championship.'...Have to admire his ambition and enthusiasm if nothing else.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
19 January, 2020 14:34
I see Westley still has his own management consultancy, Aimita. Stands for 'attitude is more important than ability.' In other words a professional bull spitter...

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
19 January, 2020 15:05
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
I see Westley still has his own management consultancy, Aimita. Stands for 'attitude is more important than ability.' In other words a professional bull spitter...

Lollers

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net