Discussion started by ming05 (IP Logged), 14 January, 2020 13:41
ming05
ming05
14 January, 2020 13:41
On twitter tonight's game off, not real shock

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
14 January, 2020 13:54
Ah well! I won't have to get up in the middle of the night now..

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
14 January, 2020 14:03
Attempting to get a groundsman for 12 quid an hour is a joke.

It's already cost us, hopefully the rearranged game is televised though

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
14 January, 2020 14:05
Why make an annoucement that to give the game the best possible chance they would do an inspection at 6 and keep the covers on till then? I get it would be mean on the watford fans but once again contradicting themselves. The pitch is a complete embaressment and the management of the ground staff a shambles.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
14 January, 2020 14:06
Some Hornets fans had already set off but turned back home at Northampton upon hearing the news that the game is off, not too bad for them I suppose, its better than having to turn around at Chester, lol.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
14 January, 2020 14:11
Only good thing to come out of this is their fans are not put out. I believe they are looking at a new date around 2022 when we have got our act together

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
14 January, 2020 14:13
Quote:
Uptonrover
Only good thing to come out of this is their fans are not put out. I believe they are looking at a new date around 2022 when we have got our act together

lol

the baldy one
the baldy one
14 January, 2020 14:23
lets all start a petition to get andy quayle back. when he was here - he was the best groundsman in the lower leagues. our pitch is the pits.

prentonpete1
prentonpete1
14 January, 2020 14:37
It about time the club was taught a lesson and fined it might employ a quality groundsman the only way is fined or a points deduction which would be disastrous. It's always penny pinched going way back.

Zint
Zint
14 January, 2020 14:38
Quote:
Uptonrover

So soon? 😁😁😁

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
14 January, 2020 14:45
They got in the MacLeod Pitch Covering System that has a very good record both in this country and worldwide to try and get the game on.

The down side is they should perhaps have got it in last week cancelled the Liverpool Ladies game (before it was actually called off)it may have done the job but they seemed to get in only yesterday not enough time to air dry the area.

Now they have it keep it on for Saturdays match and of course the new date for the FA Cup game.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
14 January, 2020 14:52
feel as though that tonight would have been our best chance of beating them, the pitch would have been bad, they had only just played at Bournemouth 48 hrs ago and Pearson was gonna play a weakened side...the rescheduled match, the pitch MIGHT be a bit better and Pearson could possibly play a stronger side.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
14 January, 2020 15:01
Good job it wasn't on telly (Sm159)

misterecoli
misterecoli
14 January, 2020 15:33
Quote:
prentonpete1
It about time the club was taught a lesson and fined it might employ a quality groundsman the only way is fined or a points deduction which would be disastrous. It's always penny pinched going way back.

I don't disagree on having a full time groundsman, but not sure in this instance it would have made a huge difference if there is a fundamental drainage issue with the number of games being played on it and bad weather making it worse?

Zint
Zint
14 January, 2020 15:41
It’s not raining where I am, also quite blowy which would have help dry out the pitch 🙄

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
14 January, 2020 15:45
Perhaps the money we receive from this cup run would be best used on sorting the pitch out in the summer and employing a full time groundsman rather than investing in players.This is probably one of many postponements between now and the end of the season. I really hope we have a mild winter.🙏🙏🙏

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
14 January, 2020 15:47
The club already has plans to upgrade the pitch in the summer though I don't think it's said what that will entail.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
14 January, 2020 16:43
Grass seed?

Yiggo
Yiggsy
14 January, 2020 17:34
Quote:
BELMONT
They got in the MacLeod Pitch Covering System that has a very good record both in this country and worldwide to try and get the game on.
The down side is they should perhaps have got it in last week cancelled the Liverpool Ladies game (before it was actually called off)it may have done the job but they seemed to get in only yesterday not enough time to air dry the area.

Now they have it keep it on for Saturdays match and of course the new date for the FA Cup game.

Who forgot to pay the "guaranteed next day delivery" fee?

Bored rover
Bored rover
14 January, 2020 17:48
Think we all knew this would be the case, In surprised it wasn’t called off earlier

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
14 January, 2020 18:44
Quote:
misterecoli
Quote:
prentonpete1

I don't disagree on having a full time groundsman, but not sure in this instance it would have made a huge difference if there is a fundamental drainage issue with the number of games being played on it and bad weather making it worse?

It is a problem about the drainage not about how many games are played on it but underlying problems as for not having a groundsman we have three fulltime groundsmen, a head groundsman
plus two other groundsmen.

Now at least we know the underlying problems as shown in the statement from the club's website.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
14 January, 2020 19:27
Two of the”groundsmen” are grounds boys on a YTS or whatever they call it nowadays

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
14 January, 2020 20:13
Quote:
Uptonrover
Two of the”groundsmen” are grounds boys on a YTS or whatever they call it nowadays

Probably in post because they've got an in-depth knowledge of the local grass landscape.

prentonpete1
prentonpete1
15 January, 2020 08:53
I totally apologise for my last post about the pitch now we know the facts apparently there are three full time groundspeople here but seems to be fighting a losing battle. The owners have explained very well what the problem is.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net