Latest news:

Weather Update
Discussion started by Hampshire White (IP Logged), 13 January, 2020 14:26
Hampshire White
Hampshire White
13 January, 2020 14:26
Just checked the BBC Weather AP, and the weather looks well dodgy from what I've seen for the Watford replay. What's the view from the guys who live by PP

Muir the merrier
Muir the merrier
13 January, 2020 17:59
Hampshire.....the weather in Oxton is pretty grim at the moment and it looks a miserable forecast for tomorrow too.
Blame storm Brendan, I think it will be postponed.

davep63
davep63
13 January, 2020 18:01
Quote:
Hampshire White
Just checked the BBC Weather AP, and the weather looks well dodgy from what I've seen for the Watford replay. What's the view from the guys who live by PP
Seen pictures of the water logged pitch yesterday and it looked really bad with the rain fall due today and tomorrow I will be amazed if the game goes ahead SWA

MESSAGES->author
Elvis
13 January, 2020 18:07
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/RemarkableCreamyIslandwhistler-size_restricted.gif

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
13 January, 2020 18:16
Believe the pitch has had those 'grow lights' on it and is being kept under cover.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
13 January, 2020 19:03
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Believe the pitch has had those 'grow lights' on it and is being kept under cover.

Kerching! Could be an alternative income source in the close season. Plenty of local demand and a sure fire way of getting some fresh punters through the door (medicinal purposes only!). Might make us a little more relaxed about the prospect of relegation.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
13 January, 2020 20:46
Might explain how we can afford to turn down the betting companies...smoking smiley

Hampshire White
Hampshire White
13 January, 2020 20:56
Cheers guys, thanks for the update, and the banter 🤪 🍻

goosed
goosed
13 January, 2020 20:56
If it did get called off sure the ipswich game cud be in doubt or if the watford game goes ahead the pitch will cut up really bad for saturday

Zint
Zint
14 January, 2020 07:40
If it gets called off I imagine the problem will be rescheduling as Watford have a game next Tuesday. Wonder if we will end up drawing lots?

mill park white
mill park white
14 January, 2020 07:47
If it's called off, it will very likely be played on the 4th round date (Sunday 26th)

gary anderson
gary anderson
14 January, 2020 08:15
Our pitch looks bloody awful this season and letting those reds women play on it done it no favours .the forcast is more heavy rain will not be suprised if it's called off .we have no full time grounds man I am led to believe and it's showing it's becoming a mud bath and can see even more games off at prenton park and a future fixture pile up. Maybe Liverpool will allow us to use there ground to play on after the red women have finished ploughing up our pitch

the baldy one
the baldy one
14 January, 2020 08:20
hi lads - I was just wondering if andy quayle was still our groundsman. as I remember years ago he won a few awards because our pitch was so good. if he has left we should get him back to fix the pitch. due to the fact we have to share the pitch with the scouse women it is just making it worse and worse. it is not helping anyone.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
14 January, 2020 10:15
Quote:
the baldy one
hi lads - I was just wondering if andy quayle was still our groundsman. as I remember years ago he won a few awards because our pitch was so good. if he has left we should get him back to fix the pitch. due to the fact we have to share the pitch with the scouse women it is just making it worse and worse. it is not helping anyone.

Think he got the boot for reasons I don't know about but there are reasons for this,others may know but not generally known those who know won't tell .Which I suppose is right it's between the club and Andy.

Bit annoying really as we're all nosy.(Sm159)confused smiley

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
14 January, 2020 10:24
I'm sure the money that was wasted on the useless loan signings of Pontecelli/Lomax could have been been better spent on a full-time groundsman.

MESSAGES->author
sparky100
14 January, 2020 11:36
I actually didn't realise we did not have a full time groundsman/woman! Amazed that a 1st division football club doesn't! I wonder how many other clubs in our division don't? I presume then we have a part time fellow? If so how often does he turn up and do anything. It's obviously another club secret a bit like not keeping us updated about injuries, which by now you will realise is one of my pet hates 😂

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
14 January, 2020 11:58
How is the weather in Birkenhead this morning?..if its on then I will be getting up before 4am to hopefully get a stream for it.

Zint
Zint
14 January, 2020 12:08
Raining at the moment. No pitch inspection until 18:30 Club want to give maximum option for game to go ahead.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
14 January, 2020 12:20
Quote:
Zint
Raining at the moment. No pitch inspection until 18:30 Club want to give maximum option for game to go ahead.

ok thks zint, I have just this very minute seen a pitch update ahead of tonights match article on the club website.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
14 January, 2020 12:40
Glad I'm not travelling from Watford!

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
14 January, 2020 13:17
Keeping cover on until 6-630 and rain is forecast to have eased by then so fingers crossed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net