Latest news:

Liverpool Ladies match off
Discussion started by BELMONT (IP Logged), 12 January, 2020 11:08
MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
12 January, 2020 11:08
Today's Liverpool's Ladies match off today at PP waterlogged pitch if you go to Liverpool Ladies Twitter Page there's a picture of the pitch, it doesn't look good.

goosed
goosed
12 January, 2020 11:16
I told u all so about this ....tuesdays game im doubt now if rain continues

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge
12 January, 2020 13:37
Not looking good for Tuesday. Heavy rain forecast for both tomorrow afternoon and for Tuesday from about 1pm onwards.

goosed
goosed
12 January, 2020 15:11
Have you seen the pitch......just seen a picture on twitter and looks bad

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker
12 January, 2020 15:42
Anyone got a link to the pic?

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
12 January, 2020 16:32
[previews.123rf.com]

As requested Tranmere Tinker

MESSAGES->author
Elvis
12 January, 2020 16:51
lol

Owainsleftglove
Owainsleftglove
12 January, 2020 17:07
Never mind Tuesday being off I can see Ipswich on Saturday being off too...in fact if we get average rainfall I can't see us playing any games on it in the immediate future.

goosed
goosed
12 January, 2020 17:33
[twitter.com] hope this is the link of picture of pitch

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker
13 January, 2020 23:39
Cheers Goosed

gary anderson
gary anderson
14 January, 2020 08:27
The Liverpool ladies should be off all together ruined our pitch 3 games in 8 days in awful weather what a joke .look at the state of our pitch now .so I say bye bye Liverpool. Ladies go play at anfield instead

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
14 January, 2020 09:24
Quote:
gary anderson
The Liverpool ladies should be off all together ruined our pitch 3 games in 8 days in awful weather what a joke .look at the state of our pitch now .so I say bye bye Liverpool. Ladies go play at anfield instead

Ridiculous to suggest they're the problem.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
14 January, 2020 09:30
Our pitch, compared to all those classic 1970s pitches, you would have to say is in reasonably good nick.

gary anderson
gary anderson
14 January, 2020 15:12
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
gary anderson

gary anderson
gary anderson
14 January, 2020 15:17
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Quote:
gary anderson

You have your opinion Mr I am always right muzzy .and other people have there's .a few swa fans say the same Liverpool lady's games should never have gone ahead and now look a major factor our pitch looks even worse .but of course Mr I know it all no one can have a opinion but you .and god help us if they don't agree with you

the kav
the kav
14 January, 2020 15:25
Clearly the overuse of the pitch is the problem it's a disaster for a footballing team like us as the pitch will be cut and bobbly now.

For a few shillings extra revenue we will get relegated due to this

rossb07
rossb07
14 January, 2020 15:28
Contradicting yourself by saying someone says their opinion is always right but then having your own (which id say you also say is correct).

The money we got from them could’ve been what was used to fund the Ferrier deal, it’s all water under or overflowing the bridge in our case.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
14 January, 2020 15:29
Oooh touchy.

Any EFL pitch should easily be capable of hosting a few women's games, even many non-league clubs manage to host them without much difficulty.

The problem clearly lies in the pitch itself - whether it was the way it was laid, or whether it was cheap seed/fertiliser or whatever that was used, whatever it's lack of proper upkeep and maintenance, who knows - rather than the amount of usage it's getting (or, these days, not getting).

Reneging on a deal to host a women's super league team would only be another embarrassment. Is it even being discussed by the clubs?

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
14 January, 2020 16:26
As with Liverpool U23's, there will be a contract in place between the parties and no doubt, a financial penalty for us if we choose to walk away. Unless, in the unlikely event, someone on our side had it written into the contract that we could terminate the contract ,should the excessive use affect our First Team.

Surely this should take precedent over any other team's use of our pitch, irrespective of the fees we receive.

whoops another pink pig flew past!!!!!!!

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
14 January, 2020 16:42
There's also the women's league's rules to think about and whether they allow teams to just up sticks halfway through a season, especially in the top division. I don't know if they do. But Liverpool must have some security of tenure for the season rather than run the risk of being left homeless halfway through it. Not sure moving to Anfield - or anywhere else for that matter - midway through a season would be as simple as it sounds.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/01/2020 16:44 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net