Latest news:

Doom or Gloom?
Discussion started by stek26 (IP Logged), 14 December, 2019 09:57
stek26
stek26
14 December, 2019 09:57
There are 5 league games between now and New Year’s Day, (Lincoln, Wimbledon, Burton, Blackpool, Coventry).

Who predicts we will pull away from the bottom 3 or be firmly rooted in the relegation zone?

I will go for routed in the bottom 3, as I see MK Dons improving and with our poor form at home, in particular failing to take 3 points against teams in & around us!

Come Jan, we can refer back to this thread and call each other out on our prediction and how we see the team moving forward/backward.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
14 December, 2019 10:21
Firmly in the bottom 3 for sure we might get something off Wimbledon ,our saviour has always been our home form but not this year ,unless something drastic happens we will go down which is a shame but we all knew it would be tough .a bridge to far I suspect

DevonExile
DevonExile
14 December, 2019 11:13
I tend to the gloom side but although I expected and continue to expect a tough season there is no particular reason to assume that we would be relegated especially in a season where one time starts well behind others and one less team will go down. We had enough-out of contract at the end of last season to reshape the side. Two or three inew players in Jan could make a Hugh difference. For the moment the priority is to keep pace with those around us

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/12/2019 11:14 by DevonExile.

Temple Road
Temple Road
14 December, 2019 11:15
I think the team is getting better but we have had a lot of injuries . If we can get a few more points out of the next couple of games, we should be fine and we all expect MM to bring in some new blood in the January window.We all knew it was going to be a tough season, but that's what it means to be a Tranmere fan.

Keep the Faith

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
14 December, 2019 12:17
Quote:
DevonExile
I tend to the gloom side but although I expected and continue to expect a tough season there is no particular reason to assume that we would be relegated especially in a season where one time starts well behind others and one less team will go down. We had enough-out of contract at the end of last season to reshape the side. Two or three inew players in Jan could make a Hugh difference. For the moment the priority is to keep pace with those around us

Who's Hugh new C/B or midfield play maker?(Sm6)

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
14 December, 2019 13:53
Hoping we pull away from the bottom 3 but probably not until we have new signings and fewer injuries. SWA

paulbyron
paulbyron
14 December, 2019 16:49
horrible feeling we won,t survive micky has got us out of the mire before but don,t even when the injured players are back can I see us being good enough, we have not played well for weeks yet you can name the same old faces each week hope I,m proved wrong though

Bored rover
Bored rover
14 December, 2019 16:54
As it stands we are out of the bottom 3 only on goal difference. We have had a nice run of games mainly against clubs around us whilst the others had tough games against high fliers. Thus making it our opportunity to pull away and make ourselves safe. We haven't done that, without significant investment in the squad in January we will go down for sure.

goosed
goosed
14 December, 2019 17:02
Doom as we just are not good enough ....we need a better squad which we cant afford

Bored rover
Bored rover
14 December, 2019 17:09
Big gap opened up now between our little bunch and the rest couple of games ago we were only a win off midtable, its 3 wins away now

stek26
stek26
14 December, 2019 17:54
I was still optimistic up until end of November time and not panicking.....
Now I am, we have got the majority of the squad fit now and they have had a decent run off games but we are still not performing.
People keep saying when we get our fit players back wel do ok, the only first team we currently out injured is Banks, who would be my first choice CM. But the rest won’t add anything and that includes Ellis, being out for so long I don’t think hel come back in and manage 2 games a week, and that if he comes back soon.
As eluded to, I don’t think we have the money but we need to improve the squad.
Especially in the middle of the park a 37, 36 ,34 year cannot play this amount of games at that intensity.
Experienced CB priority & energy in midfield to fix our spine.
Usually in January at this level, better players are available for loan as they haven’t had enough playing time and are happy to go out on loan and clubs will want to improve their own squads pushing fringe players further down.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/12/2019 17:57 by stek26.

MESSAGES->author
Elvis
14 December, 2019 19:53
In answering the thread's title, I'd likely opt for an interim of 'gloom' - the upside being, "Where there is faith there is light and strength" ruling out very firmly any question of 'doom'

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/12/2019 19:55 by ElvisTRFC.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
14 December, 2019 20:18
Quote:
Bored rover
without significant investment in the squad in January we will go down for sure.

Whilst relegation remains a possibility, investment has been secured to some extent already, but not in time to spend during the summer, however there could or potentially should be room to increase the wages of any incoming players and with money freed up from Maddox's exit it will remain to be seen who comes in if anyone does and what impact they make on outfield performances

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Bored rover
Bored rover
14 December, 2019 20:40
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
Bored rover
without significant investment in the squad in January we will go down for sure.

Whilst relegation remains a possibility, investment has been secured to some extent already, but not in time to spend during the summer, however there could or potentially should be room to increase the wages of any incoming players and with money freed up from Maddox's exit it will remain to be seen who comes in if anyone does and what impact they make on outfield performances

I dont mean investment in terms of extra funds, I mean treating the acquisition of players in the same way as the acquisition of an investment and acquiring a player because they will add something to the side and suit the style of play. As opposed to our current view of betting on players who may get fit, stay fit, come good, be a prospect or could be better because they once played for a good club or scored a screamer and then on top of that bash their square heads into round holes.

ADD
ADD
15 December, 2019 00:14
Doom for sure - we simply aren't good enough. January investments will be critical but even then that may not be enough as everybody will look to bolster their squad... plus let's be honest MM's decision making is starting to baffle me.... he is clearly feeling the pressure and seems unsure how to turn this around...

Zint
Zint
15 December, 2019 08:24
It’s neither doom nor gloom just the reality of the position we are in. We missed Ferrier yesterday.

The time for doom and gloom is towards mid March, if we are then adrift. That doesn’t mean I am complacent, unconcerned or delusional. There is still time to climb to safety starting with the game next Saturday.

Keep the faith.

aktrfc
aktrfc
15 December, 2019 08:34
So when MP said a couple of months ago, we were the envy of many clubs thanks to the very large investment from Indonesia. What has happened to that money? Not a penny has been spent on the team, nothing on the ground. When will we be a football club again and not an education centre. For me, it’s now all about making money and not the club. These are sad time yet again.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
15 December, 2019 12:49
What about all the China ,Mongolian connection ,not sure if the Indonesian money is connected ,but no sign of a young Son (spurs ) coming through any time soon ,is it worth the hassle ,if money comes from it that’s good ,but it seems very quiet on that front ,I don’t doubt MP knows what he is doing , but flogging a dead horse ?

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
15 December, 2019 13:53
Quote:
aktrfc
So when MP said a couple of months ago, we were the envy of many clubs thanks to the very large investment from Indonesia. What has happened to that money? Not a penny has been spent on the team, nothing on the ground. When will we be a football club again and not an education centre. For me, it’s now all about making money and not the club. These are sad time yet again.

I think you are confusing making money with being self sufficient and maximizing all available money streams, revenue from football only isn't enough any more.

From memory, wasn't it stated the Indonesian money would be used to lower the overall debt, new 3G pitch at solar campus (another financial stream) and possible additional playing budget (unfortunately the investment was finalized after the transfer window closed).

If these are sad times, what may I ask were the periods before PJ took over and our fall into Non League?

No one can deny on the playing side we are struggling, on the financial side we are at least keeping our heads above water, unlike various clubs not too many miles from here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/12/2019 14:04 by Jack of all Trades.

Bored rover
Bored rover
15 December, 2019 14:47
3g pitch isn't going to affect things on the pitch. Theres no issue with having debt its when that debt is uncontrollable. Its no good having a self sufficient business if whats at the core isn’t functioning otherwise very shortly it wont be a self sufficient business. Its a fine line and Im not 100% sure the owners are the correct side of it at the moment.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
15 December, 2019 14:54
Any relegation is a disaster and getting promotion is bloody hard work and takes a huge amount of effort...WE DO NOT WANT TO GO DOWN.., Mr Palios did state that only a small percentage of this new Indonesian money will be available to strengthen the playing budget, with the majority of it being used to help the club off the pitch eg, helping to reduce some of the losses the club made in those 3 years in the NL, strengthening facilities at Solar Campus etc...I would describe Rovers as being a progressive club and over the past few years the club has set these 3 year, 5 year, 10 year plans and agendas as to where they want the club to be aiming for, and I am SURE that relegation is certainly not part of these plans...Relegation would be a big big setback for a club that is advancing and progressing and even though Mr Palios is a genius and our saviour, and he is making sure that the club will not be in a mess such as Bury, Bolton, Macc, Southend and others, I still think he will have to use more of this Indonesian money than he intended to when January comes around to bring in some new players and keep us in league one and keep us progressing...Someone stated in another post that it seems as if this season we are trying to stay up on the cheap, and its not working,,i agree with that...First and foremost is the stability of the club, which is what Mr P has done but I do think he might have to reconsider where the distribution of this new Indonesian money is going and spend more on some new players to keep us up...I believe we can stay up without overspending, but if we don't spend then relegation is a distinct possibility..Some clubs have proved in recent times that they can immediately bounce back after a relegation eg Rotherham, Barnsley, MK Dons...but at the end of the day relegation is a disaster and WE DO NOT WANT TO GO DOWN..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/12/2019 14:57 by hong kong rover.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
15 December, 2019 14:56
Read the whole post, how can we put money into the team outside of the transfer window which, was closed.

I would be very surprised if there are not a number of additions in the January

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
15 December, 2019 20:34
From what I understand the investment was going to offset some non-league debts, be used for a 3G pitch and a few other things, and the remainder was going into budget.

I would expect however that when that level of investment comes again next year, which i would presume the investment deal to involve, any money no longer needed for improvements to things or debt recovery could be purely siphoned into budget like Sean Dyche said in the past the money no longer needed to support a new training facility build project was.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
Elvis
16 December, 2019 16:47
https://i.imgflip.com/3jme4h.jpg

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker
16 December, 2019 18:21
It was always going to be a tough season, we are where I expected we would be. I think the Palios' are doing a great job and securing the future of the club at this level. I don't think we will be relegated but I imagine we will be lingering in the bottom group of teams all season. You have to invest off the field to generate the funds required to be a success on the field. Keep up the good work Palios'

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net