Latest news:

FA Cup 3rd round draw..Who will we get?
Discussion started by hong kong rover (IP Logged), 02 December, 2019 07:44
MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
02 December, 2019 07:44
Hoping for one of the biggies, but reckon we will get something like Charlton Ath at home...

Imaginary situation...FGR win their 2nd round replay at Carlisle so we go down to their place for 3rd round..Scoreless at half time but early in 2nd half their key player is unfairly sent off, thus leaving Mark Cooper absolutely livid..The game remains goalless until 96th min and then Rovers are awarded a highly controversial penalty..we convert it and the final whistle blows..Cooper is seething with rage and with his blood at boiling point he runs on to the pitch to confront the ref, but as he does this he slips on the turf, does his ankle and ends up in hospital..Meanwhile, Rovers head back up to the Wirral with their name going into hat for 4th round and 135,000 quid better off..Cooper is then interviewed from his hospital bed and lashes out at the ref and the FA, and is then hit with a hefty fine..Happy Days...

Sorry chaps, its miserable Monday at work, have to amuse myself somehow!

TimmySoft
TimmySoft
02 December, 2019 08:04
I’d like Norwich City, only because they’re the closest team to me that isn’t bloody Peterborough!!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
02 December, 2019 08:05
Quote:
TimmySoft
I’d like Norwich City, only because they’re the closest team to me that isn’t bloody Peterborough!!

Lol

the baldy one
the baldy one
02 December, 2019 08:38
under no circumstances do I want us to get Tottenham hotspur in tonights draw. they have beaten us 4-0, 4-0, 4-0, 7-0. talk about getting hammered but that is crazy. for some reason every time we play spurs we fall to pieces. also I do not want everton as it would be to easy like last time. if we were to get a big team I would like it to be arsenal. they have just sacked their manager and have not won for 8 games so you never know. also I know arsenal are not at highbury anymore but here is a fact for all Tranmere fans everywere - TRANMERE ROVERS ARE THE ONLY BRITISH FOOTBALL TEAM TO HAVE A 100 PER CENT RECORD AT HIGHBURY - PLAYED 1 AND WON 1. so I say bring on the sorry gunners.

TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay
TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay
02 December, 2019 10:03
Bound to be bloody Peterboro.

Away.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
02 December, 2019 10:12
Don’t forget Baldyone ,spurs beat us 9-1 in 52/53 season in a cup replay after 1-1 draw at PP that’s the game I watched Sir Alf Ramsey play in ,so definitely not Spurs

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
02 December, 2019 10:21
Hoping for Man Utd away/at home but in reality with our luck tough away trip to a league 2 side

dicko111
dicko111
02 December, 2019 10:52
We are number 50 in the draw tonight .Give us your team fifty might be worth a flutter

the baldy one
the baldy one
02 December, 2019 11:54
just for a bit of a laugh - I know we are all saying who we want in the draw tonight but what do people think the worst draw for us would be. I think if we got either Exeter city or Hartlepool united away that would be possibly the worst we could get.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
02 December, 2019 12:01
Luton away baldy, hardly the romance of the cup is it? Same for Newport or Bristol Rovers/plymouth away

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
02 December, 2019 12:31
Nothing exciting Dicko ,have a horrible feeling for Fleetwood

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
02 December, 2019 12:48
Everton away part 2 please

Zint
Zint
02 December, 2019 12:58
Man Utd away, don’t think we have played at old Trafford for about 40 years?

the baldy one
the baldy one
02 December, 2019 13:00
just for a bit of a laugh - I would love to see us play v Barcelona. I wonder how many goals lionel messi would score.

Hampshire White
Hampshire White
02 December, 2019 13:00
Anyone at home please, Southampton would do, a chance to wind up a few friends ⚽️⚽️⚽️⚽️//⚽️⚽️⚽️

Uglybob
Uglybob
02 December, 2019 13:19
I'd love Liverpool away . Not much travelling , full house , great experience for the lads to play there and huge payout .

TimmySoft
TimmySoft
02 December, 2019 13:33
I guess it would be better for us to get a non league team in the 3rd, then in the 4th get a nice big one! More money in the pot!!

Uglybob
Uglybob
02 December, 2019 13:38
That's providing we get past the Non-League team !

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
02 December, 2019 13:44
I was there for the one and only game we've ever played competitively against Man U. Away at old Trafford, we got beat 5-0. Although I do remember Ronnie Moore having one good dig at their goal. Cant say going to any big club and getting hammered is pleasant with the exception of the money generated. Come to think of it I went to the 4-0 defeat at Anfield aswell.

dicko111
dicko111
02 December, 2019 14:58
Fifty, Fleetwood it is and Barton gets arrested again as he looses his bottle with the SWA having a dig at him for 90MINS .MM broken nose this time

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
02 December, 2019 15:04
I don’t know why ,Fleetwood keeps coming into my head ,probably not, but even when results came in .I just thought there next ,👽

FloodlitFridays
FloodlitFridays
02 December, 2019 16:11
I've seen a couple of shouts for Everton again, but I'd prefer to avoid them as surely we won't be allowed to be so spoiled twice in a row... besides, we've had the bragging rights for nearly 20 years now and I'd prefer to keep them for at least 100 (Sm126)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2019 16:12 by FloodlitFridays.

Kentexile
Kentexile
02 December, 2019 16:36
If it's not a home game then selfishly I'd like something down here in the southeast that I can get to!

Either way, either a big money-spinning club or failing that something winnable so we can grab some more prize money and dream about the 4th round draw...

MESSAGES->author
sparky100
02 December, 2019 16:38
No logic in this but gut feeling says Gillingham away!

Muir the merrier
Muir the merrier
02 December, 2019 17:14
I'll go for Spurs away.....let's give them a good 7-0 hammering in their own backyard.
The pain from last year still hurts !!!

Muir the merrier
Muir the merrier
02 December, 2019 17:16
I'll go for Spurs away.....let's give them a good 7-0 hammering in their own backyard.
The pain from last year still hurts !!!

dnors
dnors
02 December, 2019 17:24
Stick my neck out and say we WILL get Eastleigh/Crewe, win that tie at home and then get Liverpool away in the fourth round

dnors
dnors
02 December, 2019 19:21
Watford away! Not bad

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
02 December, 2019 19:23
Watford away, by the time we meet them they will be on their third manager of the season..Rumours that Chris Hughton could be the new manager for the Hornets...My best mate here in HK is a Watford fan.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
02 December, 2019 19:26
Liverpool v Everton

SeeJayKay
SeeJayKay
02 December, 2019 19:27
Should we play a weakened side to go for the draw and then have a televised replay at PP - would add a few quid to the coffers

Zint
Zint
02 December, 2019 19:30
I reckon Watford is winnable, but don’t think it will be televised

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven
02 December, 2019 19:32
Worth about £250,000 to us, 45% of a 20,000 gate, win win situation for us regardless of result.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
02 December, 2019 19:35
My Watford supporting mate here in HK watches the Hornets every weekend, he tells me that their defence is woefully abysmal..

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
02 December, 2019 19:38
Not the most inspiring draw, but my brother-in-law's a Watford fan, so big bragging rights on this one. I guess they'll treat it with some apathy, so reckon there'll only be anywhere near 20,000 if we take 10,000.

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
02 December, 2019 19:44
Could have been considerably worse. Like away to Posh or home against Fleetwood in front of 4 and 1/2 thousand at PP. At least we get some publicity and attention drawing a Prem club no matter how lowly. And lets face it its a nothing to lose game.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
02 December, 2019 19:45
Not forgetting that Watford reached the FA Cup final last season, where they got ripped apart by Man City..

ming05
ming05
02 December, 2019 19:45
The away allocation looks like its usually 2500. Will probably sell out the away section.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
02 December, 2019 19:46
It will be Watford reserves. As they'll be putting all their effort into staying up. Winnable, maybe after a replay.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
02 December, 2019 19:46
They got less than 20,000 for last season's quarter final against Palace.
And this'll be their third home game in a week.
Can't see more than 10,000 at this....although our heroic performance will attract many millions to Match of the Day!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
02 December, 2019 19:51
Managerial instability at Watford MIGHT work in our favour…. Could be Chris Hughton in the Watford hot seat by the time we meet them..he looks like the big favourite to be their new boss..

aktrfc
aktrfc
02 December, 2019 19:53
Quote:
ming05
The away allocation looks like its usually 2500. Will probably sell out the away section.

I think in the cup, we can have up to 25% as long as the police agree

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
02 December, 2019 20:29
Quote:
ming05

Cup games have to be 10% of capacity for away fans so should be more. A disappointing draw for me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2019 20:30 by Uptonrover.

Loyden1
Loyden1
02 December, 2019 20:36
With virgin losing franchise a trip from lime st is going to be around 3an half hours not good for away day by train

TimmySoft
TimmySoft
02 December, 2019 20:37
Can’t wait to sh*thouse a draw at vicarage road. I hate Elton John and all of his songs.

misterecoli
misterecoli
02 December, 2019 20:46
Quote:
Loyden1
With virgin losing franchise a trip from lime st is going to be around 3an half hours not good for away day by train

Times aren’t any different to the Virgin service.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2019 20:47 by misterecoli.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
02 December, 2019 20:51
Quote:
misterecoli
Quote:
Loyden1

Times aren’t any different to the Virgin service.

You beat me to it!
They don't stop at Watford, so you'd have to go into and back out of London or switch at Milton
Keynes for a connection. That's where the extra journey time goes.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
02 December, 2019 21:35
Quote:
TimmySoft
I hate Elton John and all of his songs.

I can understand if some people don't like his music, but why is he hateful? It's not like he sympathises with fascist dictators and is a card carrying EDL member confused smiley.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
02 December, 2019 21:47
Just watching Solihull Moors pasting Rotherham 3-0 definitely not the team we pasted 9-0 .all the stadium been modernised new stands etc , very impressed ,must say dear old PP looked very impressive on tv Sunday ,I for one will really be upset if we move , we play better away lately so Watford away tough, but could get a draw ,but money wise not a good draw if we lose ,the FA Cup is great up to round 3 ,then loses its appeal when the big clubs send out the reserves ,just watch the gates ,won’t be good compared to a League game , don’t believe it ,Solihull done a Chichester and ran out of steam 4-3 to Rotherham bossed the game for 75 mins then collapsed iheki scored for Rotherham, what a game

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
02 December, 2019 23:57
Watford may not be the most glamorous of ties, but it should earn us a bit more money and the chance of avoiding being hammered by a really top team. In addition we may even stand an outside chance of nicking a draw there and get ourselves a really nice replay out of it. So, all in all , not too bad a draw in my opinion.

FloodlitFridays
FloodlitFridays
03 December, 2019 00:27
Quote:
LongStandingFan
Watford may not be the most glamorous of ties, but it should earn us a bit more money and the chance of avoiding being hammered by a really top team. In addition we may even stand an outside chance of nicking a draw there and get ourselves a really nice replay out of it. So, all in all , not too bad a draw in my opinion.

An outside chance of nicking a draw? Surely a win wouldn't be beyond the realms of possibility given their situation. It wouldn't rank as one of the all-time third round shocks if we did pull it off.

WirralWonders
WirralWonders
03 December, 2019 03:49
Quote:
TimmySoft
Can’t wait to sh*thouse a draw at vicarage road. I hate Elton John and all of his songs.

Agreed, what a vile character he is, overrated and sanitized by the media.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
03 December, 2019 07:53
Quote:
WirralWonders
Quote:
TimmySoft

Agreed, what a vile character he is, overrated and sanitized by the media.

I remember the 1984 FA Cup final Everton v Watford and all the Everton fans were singing In adulation to their hero, Peter Reid...

He's fat,
He's round,
He's worth a million pound,
Peter Reid, Peter Reid,
He's fat,
He's round,
He's worth a million pound,
Peter Reid, Peter Reid...

Then they all started singing to Elton John who was in attendance in the Wembley directors box..

He's queer,
He's bent,
His a*se is up for rent,
Elton John, Elton John,
He's queer,
He's bent,
His a*se is up for rent,
Elton John, Elton John.

Absolutely no chance of arresting thousands upon thousands for homophobic abuse back in them days, lol.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/12/2019 08:23 by hong kong rover.

Kentexile
Kentexile
03 December, 2019 08:38
Very happy with that. Nice away day. Premier league, and better than an away draw at a small but good Championship or L1 club (Oxford, Peterborourgh, Brentford...) and with a bit of luck they might field a weakened side.
And most importantly it's less than 2 hours drive for me!!

Muir the merrier
Muir the merrier
03 December, 2019 09:08
Watford isn't a bad draw, we all would have taken this 3rd round draw after the 2-2 home result v Wycombe and then being 1-0 down and with 10 men in the replay in a heartbeat.

The F.A. Cup always provides the unexpected and unpredictable, look at our first half performance v Chichester !!

By hook or by crook we'll get past Watford and into the hat for the 4th round....then Spurs away !!

Live the dream, it's not beyond us. We have a proud history of F.A. Cup heroics.

MESSAGES->author
Gilbert's Fridge
03 December, 2019 10:14
It shows my ignorance of the Premier League. When we were drawn against Watford, my first thoughts were, oh no, a team in mid-table in the Championship!! I looked up the table and couldn't find them ... then checked the PL, and there they were at the bottom!!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
03 December, 2019 11:28
That was some comeback from Rotherham at Solihull last night, 3-0 down with 14 mins remaining and they win 4-3...

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
03 December, 2019 18:59
Quote:
hong kong rover
That was some comeback from Rotherham at Solihull last night, 3-0 down with 14 mins remaining and they win 4-3...
Class come back, Well played Rotherham
[www.youtube.com]

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
03 December, 2019 19:42
Classy finish by Michael Ihekwe for one of the goals (second I think)

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
04 December, 2019 12:18
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Classy finish by Michael Ihekwe for one of the goals (second I think)
yeah that was a quality goal from him-
but what was the solihull defender doing when the cross came in for Rotherhams first goal
absolutley shocking(Sm135)

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
04 December, 2019 12:24
Ihiekwe also did really well to keep the ball in play right by the corner flag for Rotherhams final goal..

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.