Latest news:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Chichester FA cup
Discussion started by Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged), 29 November, 2019 09:50
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
29 November, 2019 09:50
They will give us a scare as usual ,but will tire in the second half in the PP mud so 3-1 to the whites

the baldy one
the baldy one
29 November, 2019 10:57
I honestly think this game will be a mismatch. we will win very easily- I will go for at least 6-0. Chichester will tire very easily and we will take advantage of that. so onwards to round three and hopefully a big club in round three.

Uglybob
Uglybob
29 November, 2019 12:46
4-0 win and Liverpool away in round three will do fine .

TimmySoft
TimmySoft
29 November, 2019 13:38
We have to be resilient for the first 20 minutes, because they will give everything they have. I’m hoping we get to see a few squad players that’ll come out and show some real hunger. I’m sure CBT & RHM would tear them apart, I’d play those two up top and let them grab a hat full up to 60 minutes, then drop Mullin in the mix too. I’m going for an optimistic 7-0

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
29 November, 2019 13:49
We never play well on tv or on a sunday. That said i dont see too many problems but we are Tranmere!

DevonExile
DevonExile
29 November, 2019 15:24
By any logic it should be a comfortable win. I think that we should pick a side that can put the game out of sight and then blood some younger prospects

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
29 November, 2019 15:32
Hopefully a comfortable win for the Rovers then I will have to stay up till 3am ( HK time ) Monday for the 3rd round draw live, will be buzzing with excitement like a big kid, lol...

Tranmere Rovers v Manchester United....Yesssssss GET IN! OR
Luton Town v Tranmere Rovers....Oh! Bloody hell!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/11/2019 15:35 by hong kong rover.

Temple Road
Temple Road
29 November, 2019 15:43
A good game and a large Sunday crowd ,combined with a fine footballing display no red cards and injuries would be very nice.

Keep the Faith

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/11/2019 15:45 by Temple Road.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
29 November, 2019 17:18
Peterborough v Tranmere would be a better game HKR 😡

Dan SWA
Dan SWA
29 November, 2019 21:45
Judging by the Maldon and Tiptree v Newport game,we shouldn’t take anything for granted! Brilliant performance so far! Ahh shite, Newport just scored! 10-0 Rovers!!

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
29 November, 2019 22:28
If we get through, which we really, really should by a reasonable margin, we could get FGR away,......yuck...!!!!

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
29 November, 2019 23:27
Yes Maldon&Tiptree a very good side ,got a few players worth looking at ,better on the night than Newport ,not a good a side that we beat in the playoff .was surprised how good the none League were

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
30 November, 2019 11:14
Anyone reckon that the Chichester manager, Miles Rutherford looks a bit like Ian Holloway?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
30 November, 2019 11:39
Two Sussex clubs up on Merseyside this weekend with Brighton at Anfield today and the much bigger and important game at Prenton tmrw, Rovers v Chichester...

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
30 November, 2019 11:48
If you wonder why Tiptree are called the Jammers ,Tiptree is the home of Tiptree jam ,just some more of my useless information 🙄

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
30 November, 2019 12:29
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
If you wonder why Tiptree are called the Jammers ,Tiptree is the home of Tiptree jam ,just some more of my useless information 🙄

Nice one Fifty....I have just been taking a look at some clubs rather unusual nicknames and came across the nickname for Hayes and Yeading United FC, which made me laugh...They actually have 2 nicknames, the first being the very unoriginal 'United,' but their other nickname is 'The Mushrooms', the reason behind this is due to the fact that the club's board keep the club's supporters in the dark...lol.

Loyden1
Loyden1
30 November, 2019 13:40
Quote:
hong kong rover
Anyone reckon that the Chichester manager, Miles Rutherford looks a bit like Ian Holloway?
as long as he doesn't look like his granny Margaret!

gary anderson
gary anderson
30 November, 2019 14:16
It's the FACUP full of twists and turns and always throws out a shock or two .this is there cup final and they will give it everything in the first half .but if we got anything about us we will show professional attitude get the job done and fingers crossed for a big or prem cub at home full house and TV .so I will go for 3.1 .

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
30 November, 2019 16:47
Going to go for a 4 plus-1 score line, but hoping for better....

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
30 November, 2019 17:46
Let’s hope your being awake half the night pays off HKR 👍 just a thought MM keeps us in the dark pre season about recruitment ,we could be half mushroom half fan ,doesn’t have the same ring as SWA. “ Sorry appalling “ sounds like a well known group 🙄

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
30 November, 2019 17:54
ive been reading that win,lose or draw, the Chichester players are planning a night out in Liverpool on Sunday night after the game and will travel back home on Monday..

Zint
Zint
30 November, 2019 18:27
A heavy frost tonight, I wonder if the game will be in doubt?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
30 November, 2019 18:37
Chichesters biggest game in their entire history and they sure are making a weekend of it..today they trained at the St Georges Park National football centre, will stay tonight in a hotel somewhere in the North West, then the game tmrw and after that a night out in Liverpool and will travel back home on Monday..

Dan SWA
Dan SWA
30 November, 2019 20:38
I would love to win tomorrow,draw Liverpool in the next round at Anfield and beat them! I could go to my grave knowing I’ve seen the Whites at Wembley,beat the toffees on their own patch and put one over the current European champions! If only Carlsberg did football!!!

mb53trfc
mb53trfc
30 November, 2019 20:48
If we start with the right attitude we should be ok but they will scrap every inch of the way so our extra bit of class will hopefully see us through. Might not be decided until the final 20 mins.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
30 November, 2019 21:49
Watched Crewe nearly come a cropper at Eastleigh 1-1 but could have gone anyway some good non league sides about these days ,some good players about ,Rovers need to cast their net wider instead of fishing off the local pier .!Chichester nothing to lose

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
30 November, 2019 23:33
Rip into them from the first whistle and don't let them gain any confidence. And, if somehow we haven't wrapped it up by the hour, don't panic.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
01 December, 2019 08:10
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Rip into them from the first whistle and don't let them gain any confidence. And, if somehow we haven't wrapped it up by the hour, don't panic.

+1....Cmon Rovers! No messin' about today, get the job done...

Zint
Zint
01 December, 2019 08:47
Quote:
Dan SWA
I would love to win tomorrow,draw Liverpool in the next round at Anfield and beat them! I could go to my grave knowing I’ve seen the Whites at Wembley,beat the toffees on their own patch and put one over the current European champions! If only Carlsberg did football!!!

That would be great.

Personally I would rather we got drawn against one of the bottom three in the Premier League for the next round, particularly Southampton given our last encounter with them, then a tnice home tie against a Championship club and then Liverpool in 5th round. 👍☘️

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
01 December, 2019 09:40
With ticket sales being shy of 3,000, looks like it'll be a low attendance, which is a shame for Chichester's biggest ever game and also the significance of a win giving us the opportunity to meet one of the big boys. I've managed to persuade 5 extra bodies to attend, so I've done my little bit to boost the numbers. If you're contemplating going, then stop your mulling and get down there! Let's not mirror the apathy of the football royalty towards the cup. Yes, it's on BT, but there's nothing better than being there in the flesh; the sun is shining and it's much warmer than it looks! It's not topless weather, but it's bordering on t-shirt and shorts (perhaps a cardigan for those of a nesh disposition).

ADD
ADD
01 December, 2019 09:57
Looking forward to this one - we should of course win easily but I would like us to show dominance from the get go and not let them get their tails up!
I would start Woods instead of caprice and i would like Walker-Rice to get meaningful minutes either as a starter or as an early second half sub assuming we are not losing of course!!

coltran
coltran
01 December, 2019 11:18
I'm sure Micky and the players won't under-estimate Chichester particularly as we didn't exactly excel against non-league opposition last year in the first two rounds.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
01 December, 2019 12:02
Ticket sales up to 3269 as of an hour ago with 460 away tickets in that. If you can't bring yourself to go because of Chichester's heroics (we'd have won the cup if we'd have progressed as far as they have, including winning the final on a bye!), then do it in respect for the terrific effort that the boys put in to beat Wycombe. If I can persuade my Mrs to attend, then bizarre, unbelievable and even nightmarish things can occur; Trump as President of the USA, Johnson as Prime Minister......."I have a dream", but that ain't it! So give it a shot!

TimmySoft
TimmySoft
01 December, 2019 14:04
Looks like a full strength squad!!

dnors
dnors
01 December, 2019 14:04
Just arrived at the clipper for pre game beer! Got to say credit the Chichester lot, taken the pub over all having a good laugh and making a good noise! Love the cup.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
01 December, 2019 14:13
Quote:
TimmySoft
Looks like a full strength squad!!

Good to see....at last!

No prisoners today. It might be their cup final but they're standing in the way of what might be our cup final. Straight from the off, boys!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
01 December, 2019 15:17
Good opening 15 mins from Chichester.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
01 December, 2019 15:49
0-0 half time...Well done Chichester, they have done excellently so far, and Rovers have been really poor..Whether Chichester can keep this up for 90 mins remains to be seen, but they have looked more like a league one side than we have..

rossb07
rossb07
01 December, 2019 15:51
I mean they haven’t, it just happens to be their cup final and any mis-placed pass will be jumped upon.

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
01 December, 2019 15:52
Goaless at half-time,..great for Chichester but a little disappointing for the Rovers.........

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
01 December, 2019 15:58
Micky to have a bit of a word at half time and we come out 2nd half and romp home 3-0 winners!

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
01 December, 2019 16:04
second half underway.....come on rovers let get an early goal (Sm152)

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
01 December, 2019 16:04
Imagine Aldo and Nevin and that squad playing this lot it would perhaps been 4 -0 up by now job done second half just run the time out,but this lot today pure @#$%& just not good enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2019 16:05 by BELMONT.

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
01 December, 2019 16:11
Quote:
BELMONT
Imagine Aldo and Nevin and that squad playing this lot it would perhaps been 4 -0 up by now job done second half just run the time out,but this lot today pure @#$%& just not good enough.
Certainly a disappointing HT scoreline BELMONT......

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
01 December, 2019 16:19
good danns is coming on

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
01 December, 2019 16:21
yessss get in

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
01 December, 2019 16:23
yyyeeesssssss 2 nil

FERRIER get in there my son

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
01 December, 2019 16:24
yesss 2 up , massive mix up in Chichester defence...Cmon Rovers, lets romp home now!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
01 December, 2019 16:31
3 up, great goal from Ferrier, another mix up in the Chichester defence from the high ball..

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
01 December, 2019 16:33
Fitness levels showing now..

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
01 December, 2019 16:35
4-0 Ferrier hat trick

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
01 December, 2019 16:36
Quote:
hong kong rover
4-0 Ferrier hat trick
(Sm160)(Sm152)

jonesy792
jonesy792
01 December, 2019 16:37
Caprice and Ferrier the difference

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
01 December, 2019 16:44
5-0

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
01 December, 2019 16:48
Lets hope the 3rd round draw is kind to us tmrw...We don't want Spurs, they are not big enough, lol...we want Liverpool or the Mancs…. How about The Toffess at Goodison?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
01 December, 2019 17:01
They deserved their consolation goal.... But Rovers got the job done in the 2nd half...

dnors
dnors
01 December, 2019 17:21
Applauded their consolation and their team at the end of the game as did a good number of the kop, proud of the fans more than anything today. Think we've made them more welcome and been gracious in victory.

DevonExile
DevonExile
01 December, 2019 17:23
Quote:
hong kong rover
They deserved their consolation goal.... But Rovers got the job done in the 2nd half...
They did indeed and wouldn't it just have to be from set piece. I wonder how many more points we would have had this season if we could but defend set pieces

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
01 December, 2019 17:29
Chichester very good first half ,throughout the game can’t believe how many 50/50 balls Chichester won .a good win in the end ,they ran out of steam as was expected .poor goal to concede ,what was Monthe doing at the far post wrestling with one of their players Nelson poor today ,better when Jennings came on made things happen .but shown today we are a poor side ,ok in the end but if that had been a good League side ,who knows it’s going to be a scrap to stay up

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
01 December, 2019 17:33
Jennings coming on at half time helped us and it changed things, we got the ball wider in the 2nd half, but Chichester running out of steam also helped us as did their mix ups with their central defenders..Ridehalgh n Caprice hardly got up the pitch in that 1st half..much better in 2nd half..

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
01 December, 2019 17:34
They threw everything at us for 30 minutes and were much better than us. Should have been one up early on. After that they started to tire and we controlled the game. Once we scored there was only one way the result was going to go. They got their deserved consolation and had a good day out, but fitness and quality told in the end. The subs improved us a lot.

jonesy792
jonesy792
01 December, 2019 17:36
Positives: We’re through ! Ferrier’s finishing; Caprice’s assists; Blackett Taylor got better

Negatives: 1st half, that was our strongest side getting comfortably outplayed. Nelson was poor throughout and it was his man for their goal. Potter sloppy. Rides normal service. He’s better as a centre back. Hepburn Murphy disappointing. Mullin poor when he came on.

Future: Need an experienced centre half, a left back, a central midfielder, and a decent centre forward (the only one we have is Ferrier)

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
01 December, 2019 17:41
I hope the Chichester lads enjoy their night out tonight, whether that be on the Wirral or over the water on the Wrong side!

Bored rover
Bored rover
01 December, 2019 17:42
Never outplayed us at all, they ran alot and had a bit of ball but never created anything other than the surfers header. I never felt we were under threat and we certainly had other gears was just a case of net letting them get a goal and head of steam, we dominated second half. Biggest question is do we want UTD or liverpool at home or a winnable game, maybe Everton 🤣

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
01 December, 2019 18:06
For an hour, until the first goal, a neutral would have been hard pressed to know the difference in the status in the league pyramid of each team. Inevitably they tired, with one or two individual errors creeping in and we took advantage in a controlled and professional manner. That will do Ferrier the world of good. Chichester should walk tall after their performance and another game that highlights the beauty of the FA cup, with the underdogs rightly having their moment in the spotlight. Let's hope the third round draw is kind to us with a money-spinning tie, not Peterborough!!

kennyspint
kennyspint
01 December, 2019 18:22
Death, taxes, and Peterborough away in the Cup

jonesy792
jonesy792
01 December, 2019 18:29
Quote:
Bored rover
Never outplayed us at all, they ran alot and had a bit of ball but never created anything other than the surfers header. I never felt we were under threat and we certainly had other gears was just a case of net letting them get a goal and head of steam, we dominated second half. Biggest question is do we want UTD or liverpool at home or a winnable game, maybe Everton 🤣

Blimey you were watching a different game to me first half. The Jones header, the stone wall penalty, their breaking up of play, and joy down the flanks? I think that’s being outplayed, mate

SmartRover
SmartRover
01 December, 2019 18:37
Really poor performance from our team today, up until the goal it was really hard to tell who were the professional outfit, no desire, no urgency or anybody wanting to take the game by the scruff and make a massive statement, our passing and build up play is so slow any team can put bodies behind the ball and defend like City, spoke with their team who stayed at The Village, Bromborough last night, they knew once they hit the 60 minute point they would struggle with their fitness and ultimately that proved the turning point, play like that in the league and we will be prime candidates for relegation, well done to the City fans who made it their Cup Final and to the team enjoy your night out in Liverpool tonight you deserve it.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
01 December, 2019 18:41
Chichester were excellent in that first half..

dnors
dnors
01 December, 2019 18:50
Currently having a drink with the Chichester squad in the clipper what a nice buncb, credit their club.

DevonExile
DevonExile
01 December, 2019 18:57
Jennings made a difference and the passing improved with his arrival and that of Danns Some of our passing in the first half was unbelievably sloppy
Also agree about how poor Nelson was. For a central defender he is poor defending crosses. He is better than Ray but that is more of an underlining of how much we could do with a better central defender.Ofcourse that might be Ellis but it is hard to know either how well he will recover from his injury or whether the step up will be too much for him.

Bored rover
Bored rover
01 December, 2019 19:14
Quote:
jonesy792
Quote:
Bored rover

Blimey you were watching a different game to me first half. The Jones header, the stone wall penalty, their breaking up of play, and joy down the flanks? I think that’s being outplayed, mate

No, just don't think we were ever in trouble, they clearly weren't going to keep it up, they huffed and puffed alot and we made it easy as the two villians were really light weight up top

Loyden1
Loyden1
01 December, 2019 19:31
Quote:
hong kong rover
I hope the Chichester lads enjoy their night out tonight, whether that be on the Wirral or over the water on the Wrong side!
they came in the tent and got a round of applause spoke to a few of them .they are staying in village Bromborough and going out to lpool later tnite all together except the boss who's driving back for work tmrw.

jimrod
jimrod
01 December, 2019 19:47
Credit to Chichester for their first half performance. Their supporters were less than gracious . Surely chanting to back your team should be the priority rather than "Dirty Northern b*stards" or the universal sour grape Southern chant "We pay your benefits". Tranmere are a club who give credit where it's due and applaud a side who give a decent performance. I just wonder if that mob today are representative of the people of Chichester. If so, aren't we lucky to live where we do?

Zint
Zint
01 December, 2019 20:03
Quote:
jonesy792
Positives: We’re through ! Ferrier’s finishing; Caprice’s assists; Blackett Taylor got better
Negatives: 1st half, that was our strongest side getting comfortably outplayed. Nelson was poor throughout and it was his man for their goal. Potter sloppy. Rides normal service. He’s better as a centre back. Hepburn Murphy disappointing. Mullin poor when he came on.

Future: Need an experienced centre half, a left back, a central midfielder, and a decent centre forward (the only one we have is Ferrier)

Cup money will give us cash for that

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
01 December, 2019 20:39
does anyone know how much cup money plus tv money we'll get for todays cup game

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
01 December, 2019 21:14
We won £54k prize money for beating Chichester, on top of the £36k we won for beating Wycombe. We also earned £75k for being live on TV today.

Victory in the next round will earn us another £135k in prize money.

Wouldn't mind Arsenal in the next round. But we're due a bad draw. Peterborough wouldn't be much fun but surely can't happen again, so I'm guessing we'll end up away at someone like Ipswich or Pompey.

Bored rover
Bored rover
01 December, 2019 21:17
Isn't the 75k divided by both sides?

Yiggo
Yiggsy
01 December, 2019 21:23
Job done.

If we do draw Everton in the next round then the losing manager should get the sack imo!! smiling smiley

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
01 December, 2019 21:34
Quote:
Bored rover
Isn't the 75k divided by both sides?

No it's per club. Both the BBC and FA have referred to Chichester earning that (plus prize money) in recent articles.

Bored rover
Bored rover
01 December, 2019 21:34
Quote:
Yiggsy
Job done.
If we do draw Everton in the next round then the losing manager should get the sack imo!! smiling smiley

That’ll be two managers sacked in a month for the Toffees then!

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
01 December, 2019 22:11
First half was quite frankly embarassing.They were always going to come at us and have nothing to lose but come on! Total lack of motivation. Thank god for the half time team talk and progression to the third round

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
01 December, 2019 22:50
Typical Tranmere get to 4-0 up seeing the game out then they score the fifth goal and let in one towards the end couldn't just have not scored the fifth then just let in the one they did in the end.

But no score 5 and completely ruin my 4-1 predicted score in the prediction league.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
02 December, 2019 09:08
Good job it was not Malden&Tiptree we played , went for 90 minutes against Newport a very impressive side ,could have beat Newport

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
02 December, 2019 10:18
Quote:
dnors
Currently having a drink with the Chichester squad in the clipper what a nice buncb, credit their club.

Shame their “fans” were all bad tramps

Kentexile
Kentexile
02 December, 2019 12:45
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Good job it was not Malden&Tiptree we played , went for 90 minutes against Newport a very impressive side ,could have beat Newport

Agree Malden did well, but I thought Newport were dreadful the whole game - much worse even than our poor first half (granted the bobbly Malden pitch didn't do them any favours).

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
02 December, 2019 13:05
I noticed that the first dozen rows of seats in the Kop were not used yesterday, guessing that after the recent hoo-ha with the Wycombe keeper, we wanted to give a good impression to our 8th tier opponents by not having anyone shout abuse at them from the front rows...

Btw , Did any Bury fans turn up in the away end?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2019 13:07 by hong kong rover.

Loyden1
Loyden1
02 December, 2019 13:08
Quote:
hong kong rover
I noticed that the first dozen rows of seats in the Kop were not used yesterday, guessing that after the recent hoo-ha with the Wycombe keeper, we wanted to give a good impression to our 8th tier opponents by not having anyone shout abuse at them....
the bottom walkways where still frosty hkr no other reason .apparently there where a few bury with there bury phoenix hats saddos

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
02 December, 2019 13:10
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
hong kong rover
I noticed that the first dozen rows of seats in the Kop were not used yesterday, guessing that after the recent hoo-ha with the Wycombe keeper, we wanted to give a good impression to our 8th tier opponents by not having anyone shout abuse at them....
the bottom walkways where still frosty hkr no other reason .apparently there where a few bury with there bury phoenix hats saddos

ok thks Loyden.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
02 December, 2019 13:11
Quote:
hong kong rover
I noticed that the first dozen rows of seats in the Kop were not used yesterday, guessing that after the recent hoo-ha with the Wycombe keeper, we wanted to give a good impression to our 8th tier opponents by not having anyone shout abuse at them from the front rows...

They said it was too dangerous mate. It had rained and turned to ice overnight. JK stand was the same, but only a few rows. Might well have just been a convenient excuse though.

Edit - too late as usual!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2019 13:12 by Doogie'sGhost.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
02 December, 2019 13:13
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
hong kong rover

They said it was too dangerous mate. It had rained and turned to ice overnight. JK stand was the same, but only a few rows. Might well have just been a convenient excuse though.

ok thks doogie.

Edit - too late as usual!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
02 December, 2019 13:15
ok thks doogie

ADD
ADD
02 December, 2019 16:32
We were terrible in first half - should have been behind. Commentator was 100% right we were so disappointing with awful passing.
Second half yes more movement - better passing etc. etc. - reality though is that fitness was the main reason we won so easily in the end...
Another goal from a set play so disappointing.
Delighted we are in the next round and hoping for a big payday draw tonight but being brutally honest if we play like that in L1 every week from now on we will go down!

Kentexile
Kentexile
03 December, 2019 09:05
Got a different perspective from a neutral colleague (Newcastle fan) who watched it on telly - he was surprised when I said we were awful first half. He thought we just looked a bit nervy at first then breezed it second half.

rossb07
rossb07
03 December, 2019 09:25
Always liked Newcastle fans!

FloodlitFridays
FloodlitFridays
03 December, 2019 10:39
Quote:
ADD
We were terrible in first half - should have been behind. Commentator was 100% right we were so disappointing with awful passing.
Second half yes more movement - better passing etc. etc. - reality though is that fitness was the main reason we won so easily in the end...
Delighted we are in the next round and hoping for a big payday draw tonight but being brutally honest if we play like that in L1 every week from now on we will go down!

We were very poor in the first half but we shouldn't have been behind, that good chance they had was blatantly offside in the build-up. They didn't really have any other moments of note apart from the goal. And to be frank, who cares about conceding one measly consolation when already 5-0 up? I wish people could just give the team a bit of credit sometimes.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
03 December, 2019 11:31
A Chichester twitter message.... 'A big shout out to Tranmere Rovers FC for making us all feel so welcome. Good luck in this seasons FA Cup and for the rest of the season.'

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
03 December, 2019 11:47
Quote:
FloodlitFridays
Quote:
ADD

We were very poor in the first half but we shouldn't have been behind, that good chance they had was blatantly offside in the build-up. They didn't really have any other moments of note apart from the goal. And to be frank, who cares about conceding one measly consolation when already 5-0 up? I wish people could just give the team a bit of credit sometimes.

Agreed. And 5-1 was better than many of the pre-match predictions on here.
Mind you as we reached the hour mark at 0-0 I was starting to get twitchy! And our first goal looked offside in the build up too.
Comfortable enough, job done and an EPL side in the next round - can't complain about that.

Kentexile
Kentexile
03 December, 2019 12:28
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Agreed. And 5-1 was better than many of the pre-match predictions on here.
Mind you as we reached the hour mark at 0-0 I was starting to get twitchy! And our first goal looked offside in the build up too.
Comfortable enough, job done and an EPL side in the next round - can't complain about that.
Fair that. I had us down for 3-0 before the game, and that would have done me just fine.

ADD
ADD
03 December, 2019 15:17
Quote:
FloodlitFridays
Quote:
ADD

I care FF - and more importantly MM cares!! He has been banging on about how we must keep clean sheets for weeks now and yet once again we concede a goal from a set play.
Look I am not here to be controversial but the reason I personally don't give credit to the team's performance on Sunday is because we were awful first half and frankly it was difficult to tell who was the L1 team. True we won easily in the end but most (not all) of that was down to the far superior fitness levels. I stand by my assessment that that performance overall was not good enough...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.