Latest news:

tranmere rovers v wycombe wanderers - get your stats out for the lads
Discussion started by the baldy one (IP Logged), 08 November, 2019 14:06
the baldy one
the baldy one
08 November, 2019 14:06
just to set everyone up for the next two weekends - our all time record v Wycombe wanderers is played 12, won 7 , drew 1 and lost 4. the last time we played each other was season 2014-2015 - we won 0-2 at adams park early in the season but lost 1-2 at prenton park later on in that season. seeing that the chairboys are currently in 2nd place in league one I think both games will be very tough. for tomorrows game I will go for a 2-1 win to Tranmere with Rushie getting the winner after his treble last week.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
08 November, 2019 15:10
Id like Danny walker- rice to get at least some game time tomorrow and CBJ too

dicko111
dicko111
08 November, 2019 16:04
Going 1-1 both games and winning in the replay 2-1 .We will conceed in all 3 games due to there experience in league 1. Still hope its a learning curve for the SWA

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere
08 November, 2019 17:19
2-1 tomorrow. They'll be taking it easy thinking because we are at opposite ends of the table it'll be a stroll. Little do they know!!

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
08 November, 2019 18:21
1-1 but will lose the replay 0-2 ,their really on a high

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
08 November, 2019 18:25
This will be the first time the 2 clubs have met in any of the knockout cup competitions. All previous meetings have been in the league..Remembering the 2000/2001 FA Cup when Rovers got to the quarter finals and Wycombe reached the semi finals, with both clubs losing to eventual winners Liverpool..

Q. Who was the Wycombe manager then? No cheating chaps..

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
08 November, 2019 19:15
Lawrie Sanchez

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
08 November, 2019 19:18
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Lawrie Sanchez

Correct, well done Jack!

dnors
dnors
08 November, 2019 19:21
3-0 Rovers they'll field a weakened team I reckon, take us lightly and regret it Hep and Morgs off the bench plus a monthe header. Assuming the game is on that is.

kennyspint
kennyspint
09 November, 2019 01:16
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Lawrie Sanchez
FA Cup winning goal against Liverpool

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
09 November, 2019 07:36
Quote:
kennyspint
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Lawrie Sanchez

Deffo

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
09 November, 2019 08:37
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
kennyspint
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Lawrie Sanchez

Deffo

Lol..nice one Phil...That 1988 final crazy gang v culture club was Deffo one of the all time biggest shocks..

Bored rover
Bored rover
09 November, 2019 09:59
Must win game again. Although a cup tie it’s against a divisional rival, Two wins in a row will do the lads confidence a world of good, plus there will be No Doubt the club need the money a cup run generates. Glad we have a decent side to face we never do well against underdogs and seem to fair better as said dog

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
09 November, 2019 13:27
In the 5th minute there'll be a minutes applause by Wycombe fans for ex-Wycombe player Paul McCarthy. If you're there I'd urge you to join in to show our respect too.

Bored rover
Bored rover
09 November, 2019 17:51
Good result, unbeaten in 2, still in the cup having played an inform side score 5 good, conceded 3 not so good.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
09 November, 2019 19:10
Goals just starting to come ,.its the defence letting us down week in week out ,needs sorting in January

jal jal
jal jal
10 November, 2019 18:39
Hi Everyone
I've not posted for a while but have read a lot of the posts, that was a good result against Wycombe you seem to be finding a bit of form now & City only sit one place above you, if we don't soon get going we will be in the bottom three, looking up to see where Rovers are.
It will be a good game again between us on Dec 14, I hope you bring as many as last season & are as noisy as you were then, Lincoln Fans voted you as the best set of Supporters that visited Sincil Bank last season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.