Latest news:

Saturday's game will it be on?
Discussion started by BELMONT (IP Logged), 07 November, 2019 19:04
BELMONT
BELMONT
07 November, 2019 19:04
Again it's been almost non stop rain for the period of overnight last night and all day today, forecasted some rain tonight. Then a bit of a dry spot tomorrow but more heavy rain for Saturday.

Given the pitch's history and the waterlogged state of the area in general could this match be off?

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
07 November, 2019 20:57
Could well be off, .wont be shocked if it is off , Frodsham /Helsby fields flooded again ,not a good sign

MESSAGES->author
ElvisTRFC
08 November, 2019 02:06
Regardless if the game is off or not, I'll be at the drive-in movies "watching" Dirty Dancing after the game. I'll see you guys there, 7.30pm sharp.

[woodsidedrivein.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2019 02:08 by ElvisTRFC.

Bored rover
Bored rover
08 November, 2019 07:16
Snow forcecast saturday

the baldy one
the baldy one
08 November, 2019 08:16
just a thought - if there is any doubt over the game going ahead - we have got 3 home games in the next week - then the pitch can only cut up and get worse.

Zint
Zint
08 November, 2019 09:10
I think the problem will be if there is a frost. The kop end will not thaw quickly enough and any moisture in the pitch will be retained. Maybe we could reschedule for next Saturday and then play the League game on the Sunday 😀😀

TimmySoft
TimmySoft
08 November, 2019 13:22
Could we do a combination game, for 3 points and progression to the next round of the cup.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
08 November, 2019 17:29
How about we play at the Deva Stadium to guarantee the game being on and getting a full house at the same time. Any "neutral" natives might appreciate a high level football match on their turf for once.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.