Latest news:

Mellon's Quandary ?
Discussion started by LongStandingFan (IP Logged), 06 November, 2019 00:36
LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
06 November, 2019 00:36
After MM's inspired move to put RHM as (effectively) our "out and out" striker last Saturday, what do you think he will do on Saturday for the Wycombe game ?
Will he continue with the same team and formation, or will he jiggle things around ?
Would he risk changing things ?

Bored rover
Bored rover
06 November, 2019 06:24
Pretty sure its not a quandary rmh will play up front

the kav
the kav
06 November, 2019 07:23
Never change a winning team....... bill shankley

Kentexile
Kentexile
06 November, 2019 08:28
MM also tends to stick with winning teams.
In any case, there's an opportunity to experiment and give other players a chance on Tuesday against Salford.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
06 November, 2019 09:02
Pace scares defenders to death and RHM has this in abundance and also showed the skill of clinical finishing.

The other pleasing aspect for me, was we kept the ball on the floor for the most part and it didn't keep coming back at us every time, unlike some recent games.

As stated, keep the same team winning is a great habit.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
06 November, 2019 20:49
Quote:
the kav
Never change a winning team....... bill shankley

Presumably then he never picked new signings in the middle of a season if they signed after a won game and presumably then he picked players injured in training after a win.

A bit tongue in cheek I know, but sometimes in the right circumstances it is necessary or makes sense.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Cybertron
Cybertron
06 November, 2019 21:23
Quote:
LongStandingFan
After MM's inspired move to put RHM as (effectively) our "out and out" striker last Saturday, what do you think he will do on Saturday for the Wycombe game ?
Will he continue with the same team and formation, or will he jiggle things around ?
Would he risk changing things ?
Its difficult to see RHM being put on the bench, and difficult to justify any other changes, unless due to injury.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
06 November, 2019 22:02
Might any of our loan players be prevented by their parent clubs from getting cup-tied?

jim rockford
jim rockford
06 November, 2019 22:51
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Might any of our loan players be prevented by their parent clubs from getting cup-tied?
I suppose its possible but can not see any of them breaking into the parent clubs first teams yet and all of them apart from Wilson are here till the end of the season so i would have thought it unlikely.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
06 November, 2019 23:07
When I see the word ''quandary'' I always think of the immortal lyrics of the Kursaal Flyers' hit ''Little does she know'' from 1976:-

''When she finished her laundry, she was all in a quandary, and made for the street like a hare. Her escape was so urgent, she forgot her detergent, and dropped all her clean underwear''

smiling smiley

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
06 November, 2019 23:13
Ah OK, wasn't sure whose deal ends in January or who might be recalled in January, and knowing how some of the bigger clubs like to give their youngsters a game in the cup.
Fingers crossed anyway.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
07 November, 2019 07:19
Woods at RB? Tough on Caprice though.
Ferrier to partner RHM? Jenno or Morris would have to drop to the bench though as can't drop Wilson.
Would like to see Borthwick Jackson down the left wing



TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] ๐Ÿ‘Š๐Ÿ‘Š

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
07 November, 2019 08:07
Quote:
Hoots Mon
When I see the word ''quandary'' I always think of the immortal lyrics of the Kursaal Flyers' hit ''Little does she know'' from 1976:-
''When she finished her laundry, she was all in a quandary, and made for the street like a hare. Her escape was so urgent, she forgot her detergent, and dropped all her clean underwear''

smiling smiley

Lol, nice one hoots...One of my fave limericks..

There was a young dentist, Malone,
That had a young lady patient alone,
But in his depravity,
He filled the wrong cavity,
God, how his practice has grown!

the kav
the kav
07 November, 2019 10:13
Quote:
Matt34
Quote:
the kav
Never change a winning team....... bill shankley

Presumably then he never picked new signings in the middle of a season if they signed after a won game and presumably then he picked players injured in training after a win.

A bit tongue in cheek I know, but sometimes in the right circumstances it is necessary or makes sense.

Dunno mate . You need to ask shankly he said it! But then he knew a bit more about it then me and you

ADD
ADD
07 November, 2019 12:02
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Ah OK, wasn't sure whose deal ends in January or who might be recalled in January, and knowing how some of the bigger clubs like to give their youngsters a game in the cup.
Fingers crossed anyway.
Ponticelli is also only until January I believe - let's hope so anyway.....

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
07 November, 2019 12:23
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Hoots Mon
When I see the word ''quandary'' I always think of the immortal lyrics of the Kursaal Flyers' hit ''Little does she know'' from 1976:-
''When she finished her laundry, she was all in a quandary, and made for the street like a hare. Her escape was so urgent, she forgot her detergent, and dropped all her clean underwear''

smiling smiley

Lol, nice one hoots...One of my fave limericks..

smiling smiley

There was a young dentist, Malone,
That had a young lady patient alone,
But in his depravity,
He filled the wrong cavity,
God, how his practice has grown!

Kentexile
Kentexile
07 November, 2019 12:25
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Ah OK, wasn't sure whose deal ends in January or who might be recalled in January, and knowing how some of the bigger clubs like to give their youngsters a game in the cup.
Fingers crossed anyway.
Ponticelli is also only until January I believe - let's hope so anyway.....

Yes, pretty sure Ponticelli is until Jan

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
07 November, 2019 13:11
If Ponticelli does go back to Cov let's hope he doesn't come back to haunt us on New Years Day. He might be the striker they've been lacking, including against us.
(Might..)

Kentexile
Kentexile
07 November, 2019 13:42
Still not ready to write that fella off - a poor debut says nothing (Nelson had a disastrous loan debut with us if I remember rightly, but I think he's a brilliant signing). Since then, only seen him in the Villa U-23 game and while he didn't set the world on fire he didn't look out of his depth either.

Apart from the evidence of Micky not using him, I just don't think we've seen enough to have a strong view either way.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
07 November, 2019 13:49
I agree Kentexile. Though he has also struggled to nudge his way up from 4th choice striker (though tactics and formation can play a part in that).

On a separate note the club has just said Ferrier is available for Saturday.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
07 November, 2019 14:32
Thatโ€™s great news ,just hope he stays fit ,definitely needed

Kentexile
Kentexile
07 November, 2019 15:40
It is fantastic news. But would be very harsh on Rushian if he loses his CF spot.

martyd12
martyd12
07 November, 2019 18:51
I would have thought there was room to play both of them. Could be electric!

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
08 November, 2019 13:46
Ferrier will be on bench almost certainly.


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.