Latest news:

Price of fleetwood over65 stand tickets
Discussion started by Prenton oldpup (IP Logged), 04 November, 2019 20:54
Prenton oldpup
Prenton oldpup
04 November, 2019 20:54
Cannot get over the price Fleetwood are charging over 65s for their home match against us.
Hope rovers will be charging the same when they they visit Prenton Park. Over £40 if we use the coach.

Loyden1
Loyden1
04 November, 2019 23:06
It's no wonder there gates are low,don't know if the home end cheaper

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
04 November, 2019 23:16
I think the adult prices are approaching taking the mick aswell. Even the kids £10 when we charge £2-£5. And the bizarre under 25 price category?! Do you suddenly become more wealthy over 25?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2019 23:19 by Uptonrover.

MESSAGES->author
ElvisTRFC
04 November, 2019 23:58
Yup, I'm going.

Prenton oldpup
Prenton oldpup
05 November, 2019 11:50
Well, perhaps Elvis you can afford that amount of money. I wonder whether you will be lucky enough to be able to do the same when you reach your late 70s.?
.God knows what the prices will be by then.
Hope you enjoy the game.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
05 November, 2019 14:46
It’s easy to be happy if you have the money ,not a dig at Elvis ,just life in general .glad I don’t do away games anymore ,could end up in the place my mother was terrified of ,,the workhouse ,she had as much chance of that happening as rovers winning the European cup ,travel is not cheap which can add to an expensive day out ,car share is the best .i travelled everywhere mainly 3/4 in the car only trouble is I always did the driving because I was the only one who knew the way 😁

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
05 November, 2019 18:55
Elvis is living off the royalties of some crackin' tunes. I'll be buying two first thing tomorrow with my royalties (sorry, pocket money from the wife). Possibly a reminder of non-league days with us matching the home support numbers; would have outnumbered them if we had more tickets!

Bored rover
Bored rover
05 November, 2019 19:26
Big wage budgets to pay for, don’t forget we are spoiled at Rovers out entry prices are some of the lowest about even when we where in the NL

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2019 19:27 by Bored rover.

Loyden1
Loyden1
05 November, 2019 20:38
Quote:
Phil65
Elvis is living off the royalties of some crackin' tunes. I'll be buying two first thing tomorrow with my royalties (sorry, pocket money from the wife). Possibly a reminder of non-league days with us matching the home support numbers; would have outnumbered them if we had more tickets!
I'm treating the wife 2nights in Blackpool and I can jump the tram sat lunchtime to match

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
05 November, 2019 23:36
I can't fully remember but I think I was once told that their pricing for OAPs was linked to the fact that the local population has quite a high proportion of folks who move to the area in retirement. Not the stinking rich but the type who've, say, paid off their mortgages or have comfortable pensions.

MESSAGES->author
ElvisTRFC
06 November, 2019 03:32
Quote:
Prenton oldpup
Well, perhaps Elvis you can afford that amount of money. I wonder whether you will be lucky enough to be able to do the same when you reach your late 70s.?
.God knows what the prices will be by then.
Hope you enjoy the game.

The prices are silly expensive nowadays. And if I don't start watching my spending, I'll likely not be able to afford Christmas this year, let alone when I'm in my seventies. I could bank transfer you money for another away game of your choosing. I didn't mean to gloat that I was going. And any away game is very much considered a treat.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
06 November, 2019 07:57
Looks like they're sold out already. Went on first thing this morning and now no option to buy. Expletive, expletive!

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
06 November, 2019 08:55
I think Joey Barton is making an appearance at Sheffield Crown Court today..

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
06 November, 2019 09:24
There back on sale Phil, at least the seats are anyway, only a few left though

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
06 November, 2019 10:06
I really admire the SWA away support even the furthest trips and there is always at least 700 .,the away game I never enjoyed going to was Southend ,I usually got the coach for that one ,a bit of a drag driving even for me.the only downside was if you got on coach 1 you would get the dark Vada stare off Audrey for not buying tea/ coffee 🤖 a long day that trip

warren r
Wozza
06 November, 2019 16:57
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I really admire the SWA away support even the furthest trips and there is always at least 700 .,the away game I never enjoyed going to was Southend ,I usually got the coach for that one ,a bit of a drag driving even for me.the only downside was if you got on coach 1 you would get the dark Vada stare off Audrey for not buying tea/ coffee 🤖 a long day that trip
remember going to Southend around 91 by mini bus I was on crutches after Achilles op there stewards took pity on my an got me free tickets for my an mate think we lost 2-1 was a long day especially being with a load of p...heads

Loyden1
Loyden1
06 November, 2019 17:00
Quote:
Wozza
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
remember going to Southend around 91 by mini bus I was on crutches after Achilles op there stewards took pity on my an got me free tickets for my an mate think we lost 2-1 was a long day especially being with a load of p...heads
crown and cush mini bus always a good day out on the pish

Zint
Zint
06 November, 2019 17:06
Find the online ticket booking system overly clunky and slow. Is this just me?

warren r
Wozza
06 November, 2019 17:41
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
Wozza
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
crown and cush mini bus always a good day out on the pish
i was only 14 ish so couldn’t participate

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
06 November, 2019 19:33
Quote:
Uptonrover
There back on sale Phil, at least the seats are anyway, only a few left though

Cheers Upton. Tried on my IPad early this morning and it stated "coming soon" even though they'd been available for sale yesterday to OSC members, so put two and two together and made five. Tried at lunchtime in work on my PC and they were available, but still asking for OSC membership number. Gave up and rang the ticket office and managed to buy two standing tickets over the phone. The only issue is that they had my wife's e-mail address as their default (bloody changed it over the phone and don't know how that's happened; don't know about big brother watching every move, more like big sister!) so the confirmation has gone to her before I've even thought of a cunning plan/excuse to be going. I'm gonna have to do some serious nice guy time to sweeten her up or just get golden boy son to give her the puppy dog eyes and say what a good dad I am treating him to such cultural experiences. Failing that, a couple of bottles of wine and anything goes!

Prenton oldpup
Prenton oldpup
06 November, 2019 20:23
We all say the wrong thing sometimes without thinking and non more than myself when I
was younger.
Thanks for your kind offer Elvis to bank roll me for an away game of my choosing. I might take you up
on that offer the next time Rovers get to wembly. Your hearts is in the right place mate.
Enjoy your away day at Fleetwood, Rovers win, and we don't end up loosing by a "Flukie" goal!!!

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
06 November, 2019 23:24
Talking of flukes ,does any of the older gentlemen on here remember the Hoylake fluke man selling fluke from a box affixed to his bike ,,superb fish ,had it many a Friday night

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
07 November, 2019 07:46
From over-priced tickets to eating a fluke.....gotta love the deviation on threads (or is that deviants 😀)

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
07 November, 2019 09:27
A bit of both Phil a few deviants on here .to me the deviants are the ones that never tasted Hoylake fluke off a bike out of a wooden box 🐟

Hampshire White
Hampshire White
07 November, 2019 12:50
The Hoylake guy selling the fish used to be at the end of Chaple Road, his name was Mr Kiffyn I think.... I'm getting old. Arond the early 70's

Kentexile
Kentexile
07 November, 2019 13:38
Quote:
Zint
Find the online ticket booking system overly clunky and slow. Is this just me?

yes here too, and it seems to make a big difference which device you use. I couldn't buy tickets for MK Dons away on my PC the other week, but then it worked fine from my Samsung phone.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
07 November, 2019 18:17
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
A bit of both Phil a few deviants on here .to me the deviants are the ones that never tasted Hoylake fluke off a bike out of a wooden box 🐟

Love the anecdotes on here, but by your criteria that makes me a grade A deviant (not that some weren't thinking that already!😀)

Loyden1
Loyden1
07 November, 2019 20:08
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I remember a guy used to go in the pub toilets and wrap them up in newspaper and sell them

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
07 November, 2019 20:51
Hampshire white ,My next door neighbour used to live in Hoylake and I asked him who it was and it was indeed Mr Kiffyn and by a fluke of nature is still alive ,swimmingly good fish ,on a scale of ten 10/10

the baldy one
the baldy one
08 November, 2019 08:21
I think I know the reason why Fleetwood town tickets cost so much. it is to help joey barton pay his court costs when he appears before the courts for whacking the ex Barnsley manager Daniel stendal.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
08 November, 2019 09:48
Probably the club will pay his fine for him covertly .

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
08 November, 2019 12:12
With his previous for assault, if found guilty, it's jail time.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
08 November, 2019 13:05
Now apparently set for 1st June 2020.

the baldy one
the baldy one
08 November, 2019 13:51
here is a joke for all Tranmere fans - what have joey barton and Bolton wanderers got in common - they are both going down.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
08 November, 2019 17:42
I would change that to ,might be going down Baldyone ,preferential treatment for both

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
09 November, 2019 11:33
Joey Barton has today pleaded not guilty to attacking a rival footie manager
District Judge Joanne Hirst told him that the allegations were too serious to be dealt with by magistrates and sent to the case for trial before judge and jury at Sheffield Crown Court
He will now face Sheffield Crown Court on November 6.
If convicted, Barton could face a maximum of five years in prison if his case is sent to the Crown Court

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
09 November, 2019 12:02
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I would change that to ,might be going down Baldyone ,preferential treatment for both

Preferential treatment? In what way?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.