Latest news:

MM dons away
Discussion started by Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged), 31 October, 2019 00:02
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
31 October, 2019 00:02
Start this one off with the new positive outlook ,see how this pans out. 2-0 to the Rovers ,best performance of the season ,and I hope Hoots gets the best seat in the house 👍SWA

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
31 October, 2019 00:03
Still the same but against MK Dons 🙄🙄

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
31 October, 2019 05:33
Rovers to scrap out a 1-0 win, thus heaping a load more pressure on Tisdale..

TimmySoft
TimmySoft
31 October, 2019 08:17
Who’s going?

I’m taking the wife, she wants to go to ikea!

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
31 October, 2019 08:46
Who will enjoy the better day ?😁

Yiggo
Yiggsy
31 October, 2019 10:19
MM dons.... Are they from Melton Mowbray? ... pies should be good! winking smiley

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
31 October, 2019 12:57
To be fair, as we've already seen on here, MK isn't the easiest to spell... (Sm154)

No such thing as a must win game in November but this is a good opportunity and would be a good one to win.
Sounds like Tisdale might be in last chance saloon so I expect they'll be up for it.
If Potter and Ferrier are back, I fancy us to sneak it. But I'll go for 1-1.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
31 October, 2019 18:33
Just seen an article from MK paper 2000 zombies are descending on the town Saturday .are the SWA taking that many ? 😁

DevonExile
DevonExile
31 October, 2019 19:06
A big test. MK have not been playing well and so these are the sort of games that we need to get something from. A draw would not be a bad result. Perversely, I would be happy with a postponement so that we can get more fit and even have the rearranged game after January signings

stek26
stek26
31 October, 2019 22:31
MK are winless in 8 league games losing 7.
We need the win but I was optimistic against Southend and we were poor.
So am going for a 0-0, MK to win if Ray starts!

Kentexile
Kentexile
01 November, 2019 08:26
Quote:
DevonExile
A big test. MK have not been playing well and so these are the sort of games that we need to get something from. A draw would not be a bad result. Perversely, I would be happy with a postponement so that we can get more fit and even have the rearranged game after January signings

Not sure I agree Devon, thin as we are up front I'd rather play MK away while they're in terrible form. I'm sure they'll try to improve their squad in January as well.
I'll be there with my lad. No idea what to expect. Trying to manage his expectations - told him we'll dominate for 20 minutes then concede against the run of play then go on to lose by 2 or 3 in line with most of our away season so far. Secretly hoping for 3 points though.

north end
north end
01 November, 2019 22:56
Will it be easy enough to get a ticket on the day, just decided I'm going with my daughter.

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
01 November, 2019 23:12
Would take a draw 0-0, but think 0-1, or 1-2 is a possibility....or is that just wishful thinking on my part,....lol..????

Bored rover
Bored rover
02 November, 2019 12:42
Micky Mellons Dons 🤣

Summerlander
Summerlander
02 November, 2019 14:03
Going for 2-2 today. Jennings and Danns overdue for agoal each..

ADD
ADD
02 November, 2019 14:12
strange team selection - Wilson starts I assume in back 5? Ray dropped for Nelson and Mullin dropped? RHM and Jennings up front???? Maddox on bench again..

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
02 November, 2019 15:22
1 nil come on Rovers

Bored rover
Bored rover
02 November, 2019 15:30
SWA, watching Geoff just said MK haven’t scored in 8, hopefully we don’t do a Rovers and instead extend that record

Bored rover
Bored rover
02 November, 2019 15:44
Nope its a Rovers 😬

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
02 November, 2019 16:04
Quote:
Bored rover
SWA, watching Geoff just said MK haven’t scored in 8, hopefully we don’t do a Rovers and instead extend that record

They have now.(Sm10)

Dan SWA
Dan SWA
02 November, 2019 16:28
RHM hat trick!! Get in there lads!

Bored rover
Bored rover
02 November, 2019 16:31
Up to 18th now with game in hand SWA if we keep in front

Bored rover
Bored rover
02 November, 2019 16:35
Looks like a good game up in Blackpool 4-3

Bored rover
Bored rover
02 November, 2019 16:53
Must win did win. Interested to hear how we looked at the back with Nelson in!

MESSAGES->author
Elvis
02 November, 2019 16:58
SUPER SMASHING GREAT!

Loyden1
Loyden1
02 November, 2019 16:59
Murphy Magic

warren r
Wozza
02 November, 2019 17:09
Only watched 2nd half out with the wife shopping for the 1st half 🙈 albeit against 10 men I was impressed with are passing 2 great finishes by Murphy onwards an upwards

jonesy792
jonesy792
02 November, 2019 17:11
Away attendance ?

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
02 November, 2019 17:43
Lovely passing game today

Wilson was immense. Rush unplayable

Another Mellon tactical masterclass.

When we have ferrier and potter back we will be.a very dangerous side.

Two points behind Lincoln and a game in hand. Close to being ahead of all the teams that went up above us.

Again, our job is not to panic. The team will do the rest.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi
02 November, 2019 17:53
SWA !!!!!! get in !!!!!
Theres reports MKD have sacked Paul Tisdale, SportsPeteO twitter reports,
Wimbledon 92' goal might done it

Loyden1
Loyden1
02 November, 2019 18:13
Quote:
jonesy792
Away attendance ?
621 Jones. . . This thread must have the least comments since last time we won . . .funny that

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
02 November, 2019 18:18
a very lucky result. we still have an adam mekki shaped hole in the side.

when will mellon learn...

Dan SWA
Dan SWA
02 November, 2019 18:20
Micky out!!! Terrible performance,crap signings etc etc. Oh what,we won, never had any doubt 🤪🤫😂

trfc-boi
trfc-boi
02 November, 2019 18:24
MellonOut on twitter is very quite 😳🤣🤜🏻😱

Tranman
Tranman
02 November, 2019 18:43
The sending was the bit of luck that we needed.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
02 November, 2019 18:45
Looking forward even more to next week when Ferrier and Woods are rumoured to be available...

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
02 November, 2019 18:47
a much needed win and a hat trick as well ,Southend only 5 pts now ,don’t write off Bolton yet ,won today ,to those that went would we have still won if they had not gone down to 10 men not a dig just an honest question to see how we performed good Nelson was back ,,next week Wycombe another stiff test ,,certainly no easy games

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
02 November, 2019 18:59
we played the better football first half, but defensively caused ourselves problems

link to first goal:

[twitter.com]

first goal was a beaut. cannot wait to get ferrier and woods back invovled in this

TimmySoft
TimmySoft
02 November, 2019 19:05
We still made lots of very silly errors, but on the whole we were much better. RHM, took every opportunity he could and against a slow clumsy MK Dons defence he was excellent. Danns was superb in midfield and Wilson, is the most talented footballer we’ve had in a Tranmere shirt for a long time.
Good match, terrible burgers

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
02 November, 2019 19:12
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
a much needed win and a hat trick as well ,Southend only 5 pts now ,don’t write off Bolton yet ,won today ,to those that went would we have still won if they had not gone down to 10 men not a dig just an honest question to see how we performed good Nelson was back ,,next week Wycombe another stiff test ,,certainly no easy games

Sorry you weren't there fifty but we really did play well particularly in the second half. Hepburn Murphy was a revelation. They couldn't cope with his pace. He actually should have had four and also laid a sitter on a plate for Jennings at 1-0 which Connor hit straight at the keeper. Wilson was excellent on both sides of the pitch too but no one had a poor game.

mill park white
mill park white
02 November, 2019 19:18
Quote:
trfc-boi
MellonOut on twitter is very quite 😳🤣🤜🏻😱
+1.
The Mellon out brigade were also paid up members of the Brabin out, Moore out, Parry out, Little out, Kingy out etc etc groups.

Zint
Zint
02 November, 2019 19:19
Just what we needed after Sunderland. Well played lads 👏👏👏

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
02 November, 2019 19:24
Kane Wilson impressed before his injury, where did he play today?

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
02 November, 2019 19:29
Left wing back first half. Right wing back in second till our second goal. Caprice then subbed so Kane slotted effortlessly into right back.

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
02 November, 2019 19:31
Cheers Hoots, just the sort of versatility we need, great to see him back.

the kav
the kav
02 November, 2019 19:42
Tisdale got the tin tack straight after the game

Bored rover
Bored rover
02 November, 2019 20:29
Just watched the goals on sky, 3 great goals. RHM appears to be everything we’ve been missing all season, first near post run we've made all season and he scores, power, pace and quality, if he keeps that up he will score hat fulls for us, only question why haven't we played him up front before today!

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
02 November, 2019 20:30
Excellent win, regardless of MK Dons current position. Especially satisfying due to the patronising forecasts and comments from MK Dons fans on how terrible we are and if they can't beat us Tisdale deserves to go. Well, be careful what you wish for and also strange that they couldn't beat our terrible team last season either. Plastic wannabes (low shot, adds equilibrium).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/11/2019 20:32 by Phil65.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
02 November, 2019 20:32
Well done lads. Great game, particually second half

Cybertron
Cybertron
02 November, 2019 21:50
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Kane Wilson impressed before his injury, where did he play today?
He started on the left and then switched to the right....made a mistake in the first half, but got in a critical covering tackle. looked very good on the left and worked well with Morris, some great passes from both of them.

stek26
stek26
02 November, 2019 21:55
Superb performance today, what a difference the 2 loan players made. I hope when MM decides CBJ & Maddox are ready to play, they are as good as Wilson & RHM.

From the top....
Controlled the game for the first 30 mins, should of went 1 up when RHM Murphy showed power & pace and most of all desire....breaking from in our half he run down the RW outmuscled there defender and laid it on a plate for Connor, a sign of things to come.
Perks was back to his usual self being a nuisance and linking up play, Danns was solid bringing the ball down and playing, bringing a calmness to the team we haven’t had lately.
Our left side was tearing them to pieces - Rides, Morris, who kept going over and in particular Wilson - he was fantastic. The 1st goal come from good play down the left.
I thought we defended well when we had to(less for the goal, he was unmarked and had loads of time/space) and as such, Scotty didn’t have much to do.
Red card for them obviously helped but it can be hard to break down 10 men. They came out second half and put us under pressure and wanted to attack. I think this played onto our hands and we dominated from our second goal onwards.

Ratings

3 5 2 or 5 3 2

Davies 6 - Not much to do, had a right go at the defence in first 10 mins. needs to release the ball faster to start counter attacks at times.

RWB Caprice 6 - Decent first half, made his usual runs down the wing but didn’t have an impact as he can.

RCB Nelson 7 - unspectacular but solid. So happy he started in place of Ray and must keep him out.

CB Manny 8 - Back to his old self, tacking, shielding the ball, turning out and playing it.

LCB Rides 7 - Solid, started a lot of the good play down the left and joined in.

LWB Wilson 9 - Excellent when LWB, everything was coming through him first half. Equally as good when switched to the right, confident & powerful on the ball.

CAM Morris 8 - Assist, persistence in trying to make things happen. Better drifting from a central position to wings rather than be the winger.

CM Perks 7 - Back to his old self, combative, linked up play. Looked sharp and didn’t hold onto to it to long.

CM Danns 7 - Solid, Passed it out well and controlled the game. Loved seeing him bring it down and play when it was getting a bit messy. His best performance for us.

ST/CAM Jennings 8 - Best game in a while, made good runs and had a couple of chances, should of scored. Good assist and again was persistent in trying to make things happen.

ST RHM 10 - Superb, not just his goals but his work rate aswell. Wanted the ball, run with it, drew fouls, turned defence into attack. Showed why he’s at a premier league club.

Not getting carried away, but we needed this and we won it. Best performance of the season for me. Will be difficult for anyone to break into to this line up if they play like that.
Think 3 at the back is the way forward and MM got his tactics spot on. Biggest thing for me was the energy and pace brought by Wilson & RHM. Morris and Jennings play better with pace around them.
RHM showed his class today and certainly changed my opinion of him. i can’t remember a better striker performance- yes even Norwood! He just needs a chance now and to do it on a consistent basis, like Norwood got.
I just hope he doesn’t put Payne back in and shift him somewhere else!

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
02 November, 2019 23:23
Thanks for input guys ,good to hear 👍

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
03 November, 2019 00:53
Great win for Rovers...Tisdale gets the bullet.

stek26
stek26
03 November, 2019 09:34
Just watched RHM post match interview. Smiling from ear to ear, great to see from the kid.

Mid interview, the MK Dons Chairman interrupts to congratulate Rush on his his trick, a touch of class, give it a watch.

Rush also gives a shout out to the travelling SWA!

🎼Russian Hepburn Murphy....do...doo..doooo🎼

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
03 November, 2019 09:38
We need to get Kane's loan extended, I believe he is only on loan until January?

Originally signed due to Jake's injury.

aktrfc
aktrfc
03 November, 2019 09:44
3 good goals yes, but MKs issue is getting goals and it showed yesterday. In the first 20 minutes they had a couple of clear cut chances, even easier than jenos miss. Could have been a totally different result. Wilson for me made the difference in the first half with his runs down the wing, he was a different class. Second half, what can you say, one man made the difference. RHM show what we have been hoping for. Play him up top every game if he can finish like that.

Is he 1 goal behind Payne? What are the minutes on pitch comparison.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
03 November, 2019 10:23
Quote:
aktrfc
3 good goals yes, but MKs issue is getting goals and it showed yesterday. In the first 20 minutes they had a couple of clear cut chances, even easier than jenos miss. Could have been a totally different result. Wilson for me made the difference in the first half with his runs down the wing, he was a different class. Second half, what can you say, one man made the difference. RHM show what we have been hoping for. Play him up top every game if he can finish like that.
Is he 1 goal behind Payne? What are the minutes on pitch comparison.

Wilson also made a great goal saving tackle on their player [on the penalty spot] who was clear and about to shoot after about ten minutes.i

FloodlitFridays
FloodlitFridays
03 November, 2019 11:46
The “chances” they had were denied by top-drawer last-ditch defending and were hardly clear-cut like the Jennings one. They enjoyed periods of sustained pressure, particularly the first few minutes of the second half and for about 10 minutes after our first goal, but they barely created an opportunity of note for me.

ADD
ADD
03 November, 2019 12:02
Well pretty much all has been said already. RHM did great yes abut as others said Wilson also was superb - a real quality player at this level. Hope he stays fit as well as RHM.
That said, we did play against 10 men for a long period and Jennings could have been sent off. No replay shown in the highlights but a swinging elbow can be red on another day.
Would we have won if it had been 10 v 10 who knows . Considering MKD can't score goals they scored today with abysmal defending - no one near him at all he had loads of time to shoot. Also unlike Floodlit F I thought they had a number of very good chances which could have gone in on another day so I do feel we need to temper our enthusiasm in that MKD were awful yet we still had a few moments at the back.
Nevertheless the players looked so much more confident today and not hoofing balls up is the way to go - even Rides played a few balls along the floor today! Getting that bit of space away from the relegation zone is critical especially as we should not 100% right off Bolton - as I said before the season starts if they are only 10 points or so off safety by Christmas they will likely spend big in the transfer window since they will feel they have a realistic chance of staying up..

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
03 November, 2019 13:46
Could have closed them down better for their goal if being critical and watching the replay Jennings should have gone i think- we would feel hard done by if it was against us. But well done anyway

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
03 November, 2019 14:00
After all that's been posted on here over the last week it turns out we do have a goalscorer after all. And he only signed for us the day before the season started.
Maybe MM did the rest of his summer recruitment too early... (Sm157)

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
03 November, 2019 14:24
Quote:
ADD
Well pretty much all has been said already. RHM did great yes abut as others said Wilson also was superb - a real quality player at this level. Hope he stays fit as well as RHM.
That said, we did play against 10 men for a long period and Jennings could have been sent off. No replay shown in the highlights but a swinging elbow can be red on another day.
Would we have won if it had been 10 v 10 who knows . Considering MKD can't score goals they scored today with abysmal defending - no one near him at all he had loads of time to shoot. Also unlike Floodlit F I thought they had a number of very good chances which could have gone in on another day so I do feel we need to temper our enthusiasm in that MKD were awful yet we still had a few moments at the back.
Nevertheless the players looked so much more confident today and not hoofing balls up is the way to go - even Rides played a few balls along the floor today! Getting that bit of space away from the relegation zone is critical especially as we should not 100% right off Bolton - as I said before the season starts if they are only 10 points or so off safety by Christmas they will likely spend big in the transfer window since they will feel they have a realistic chance of staying up..

Jennings did not swing his elbow-it just accidentally caught their player who made the most of it to try and get him sent off.

Bolton still have to get points penalties for the Doncaster game they called off earlier this season and the Brentford match from the end of last season.

ADD
ADD
03 November, 2019 15:56
Jennings did not swing his elbow-it just accidentally caught their player who made the most of it to try and get him sent off.

Bolton still have to get points penalties for the Doncaster game they called off earlier this season and the Brentford match from the end of last season.[/quote]
Thanks Hoots Mon as I said I didn't see a replay of it so that's good to know.
Re Bolton they do indeed yes but I am probably not the only one who thinks it won't be that many points deduction... they will probably get away with this season's game as it is health and safety and called off by the administrator himself as I recall?? At the moment they are 15 points from safety but I still feel they will likely be less than 10 by the time we get to January if they only get (say) a 3 points deduction.

kennyspint
kennyspint
03 November, 2019 23:43
I cant find any where what the sending off was for. Can you help SWA.

Loyden1
Loyden1
04 November, 2019 00:02
Quote:
kennyspint
I cant find any where what the sending off was for. Can you help SWA.
it was a foot into danns not getting the ball could of been bad injury.can't tell ist time u watch but slow it down

Kentexile
Kentexile
04 November, 2019 08:54
Not much more to add to those summaries. Obviously the red card helped, but at 11 vs 11 through the first half we were clearly the better side. Even without the red, I would have been disappointed not to win it.

Our options going forward suddenly look quite interesting. RHB's finishing was top-drawer, no lucky goals there. We have Ferrier coming back and CBT is there as well. From wondering where our goals would come from with Payne suspended and Mullin struggling for form, it looks like MM now has a bit of a selection conundrum. The Salford game now has some importance for whomever is selected - a chance to make a point with forward places wide open.

And at the back, Woods will have to fight for a place - Caprice and Rides don't deserve to be dropped and now we have Wilson turning out a MoTM-like performance like that. Ray should have to wait now too - I think Nelson did enough to keep his place.

Funny how the outlook can switch from doom and gloom so quickly.

FloodlitFridays
FloodlitFridays
04 November, 2019 16:36
Again, I can't really recall them having any clear shots on our goal other than the one they scored themselves and another right at the end which was sliced horribly into row Z, while we had two excellent chances to go further ahead in the first half. So again, we'll agree to disagree! However, I will agree that the defending for the equaliser was extremely slack.

stek26
stek26
04 November, 2019 20:01
Quote:
Kentexile
Not much more to add to those summaries. Obviously the red card helped, but at 11 vs 11 through the first half we were clearly the better side. Even without the red, I would have been disappointed not to win it.
Our options going forward suddenly look quite interesting. RHB's finishing was top-drawer, no lucky goals there. We have Ferrier coming back and CBT is there as well. From wondering where our goals would come from with Payne suspended and Mullin struggling for form, it looks like MM now has a bit of a selection conundrum. The Salford game now has some importance for whomever is selected - a chance to make a point
with forward places wide open.

And at the back, Woods will have to fight for a place - Caprice and Rides don't deserve to be dropped and now we have Wilson turning out a MoTM-like performance like that. Ray should have to wait now too - I think Nelson did enough to keep his place.

Funny how the outlook can switch from doom and gloom so quickly.

+1

Was the first performance were I was excited when we went forward.

RHM has to start, Gove him a run of 5 games through the middle see how he does,like Payne has had. I will be absolutely fuming if Payne comes back in.

Also Ferrier, Wilson or CBT on the wings. Morris & Jennings are to slow to play on the wings, they play so much better operating from central positions when there is pace around them.

Keep 3 at the back and stick with it, I think it suits our players.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
05 November, 2019 16:09
loved all three of his goals at MK, and that third goal was very Michael Owenesque!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/11/2019 16:12 by hong kong rover.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net