Latest news:

Davies signs new contract
Discussion started by Uptonrover (IP Logged), 09 October, 2019 19:55
Uptonrover
Uptonrover
09 October, 2019 19:55
2 1/2 years. Hopefully he can now concentrate a bit better now his short term future is more secure

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2019 19:57 by Uptonrover.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan
09 October, 2019 21:20
Hopefully new haircut

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
09 October, 2019 21:32
Good news.Best keeper we've had for some time.

jim rockford
jim rockford
09 October, 2019 22:56
Quote:
Tranmere69
Good news.Best keeper we've had for some time.
Only keeper we have had for some time.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
09 October, 2019 23:29
Excellent news. A legend like Nikko.
Should hand over captaincy to Neil Danns though

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

kennyspint
kennyspint
09 October, 2019 23:31
Best since Johnny Achterberg imo

the baldy one
the baldy one
10 October, 2019 08:31
made up scotty has signed new contract. he is our best goalie since the big E. also one of my favourite ex Tranmere goalies is scotty endersby. I thought even though he was not that tall he was a cracking goalkeeper. I now believe he is working as a qualified chef in a restaurant down south.

Kentexile
Kentexile
10 October, 2019 08:53
Great news!!
Is he really 32? (BBC article..) for some reason I thought he was late 20s...

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
10 October, 2019 09:05
There's one or two posters in here that probably won't be happy at this news...

ADD
ADD
10 October, 2019 10:40
I am neither happy nor unhappy... it makes sense to lock in Davies as we can relax a bit now that we don't have him leave in June on a free ... now if we have the money we need to find a keeper who can genuinely challenge him for the jersey as that isn't Pilling....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 10:40 by ADD.

BELMONT
BELMONT
10 October, 2019 16:13
Quote:
the baldy one
made up scotty has signed new contract. he is our best goalie since the big E. also one of my favourite ex Tranmere goalies is scotty endersby. I thought even though he was not that tall he was a cracking goalkeeper. I now believe he is working as a qualified chef in a restaurant down south.

Think possibly it was John Achterberg who for me was the best keeper since big E between the sticks not knocking Davies but Achhterberg controlled the penalty area especially in the air(big E did as well) and with both Achterberg and Eric we had keepers that owned the penalty area and the defence knew it.

Having said that glad Scotty signed on longer he just needs some one else to snapping at his heels to keep him on his toes.

Might have been down to both being taller as far as balls in the air this would be an advantage over Davies.

Oh yes there is a two part article in the Liverpool Echo tonight(and Tomorrow) about Achterberg being Goalkeeper coach for Liverpool for the last ten years(boy that times gone since he left us)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2019 16:19 by BELMONT.

the baldy one
the baldy one
10 October, 2019 17:26
also one of my favourite all time Tranmere rovers goalkeepers was welsh international legend and former everton keeper dai davies. I have actually got a copy of his autobiography it is called NEVER SAY DAI - and there is a full chapter on his time at Tranmere rovers etc. I am not sure how many Tranmere fans have read it but he really opens up about his time at prenton park. it is very interesting.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere
10 October, 2019 18:12
Quote:
TranmereFan
Hopefully new haircut

????

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
10 October, 2019 19:53
We will never bring in anybody to challenge our number 1 (barring finding a wonderkid at the campus). Mostly as we wouldnt be able to justify the expense of having one high paid player on the bench. Id have thought most clubs at this level have their number one then a kid or a journyman pro

davep63
davep63
10 October, 2019 20:27
Quote:
TranmereFan
Hopefully new haircut
Haha I always think if you stuck a muzzie on him he would look like Adolf SWA

Bored rover
Bored rover
11 October, 2019 17:22
Quote:
Uptonrover
We will never bring in anybody to challenge our number 1 (barring finding a wonderkid at the campus). Mostly as we wouldnt be able to justify the expense of having one high paid player on the bench. Id have thought most clubs at this level have their number one then a kid or a journyman pro
All the players at this level are journeyman pros!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.