Latest news:

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Coventry City (a)
Discussion started by ElvisTRFC (IP Logged), 09 October, 2019 12:08
MESSAGES->author
ElvisTRFC
09 October, 2019 12:08
A 12 o'clock kick-off always seems to be more of palaver. I don't like finding my seat just as the whistle goes. I like to arrive so I have at least an hour mooching about beforehand. And then find my seat just as the game kicks off. There is actually a difference, even though I'm still only just making the start of the game/the missing the first five minutes. If were a 3pm kick-off, it wouldn't be encroaching Friday night plans. You can probably bet your last dollar, there will be at least an hour faffing around before setting off. If someone were to say to me, "I'll pick you up at 8", I'd be good to go. I wouldn't have a to-do list of so-called "important" things, like drop off a kid, or having to wait in for forty minutes until the missus gets back because she's waiting for a washing machine repair man (or some other bunkum) That's just bad away day etiquette. Shave your bloody balls the night before! Shave 'em in the car, if you really have to. Just be bloody ready!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2019 12:11 by ElvisTRFC.

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
10 October, 2019 09:15
I will be able to watch this live on Sunday, and at a respectable hour too..if this was a pools panel result then I am afraid i would have to say Home Win, but saying that, are Coventry at their real home lol...Mind you, if the Coventry defence are as generous as what they were at Rotherham last weekend, then we have a chance..all 4 of those goals were, laugh a minute and the 4th goal was Pure Comedy..

Loyden1
Loyden1
10 October, 2019 23:24
Coventry forum celebrating Mr drysdale appointment as ref on Sunday. Anyone know why

rossb07
rossb07
10 October, 2019 23:42
He was the ref at Grimsby away last season. Not a clue why the real reason could be though...

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
10 October, 2019 23:59
He's their lucky charm. They never lose when he's in charge (until late last season) and he regularly dishes out red cards to their opponents. He also disallowed a perfectly good Notts County goal when Cov beat them in the playoffs and allowed a dubious Cov goal in the same game.

Their luck with him has to change soon!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2019 00:20 by Aldo'smuzzy.

davep63
davep63
11 October, 2019 11:54
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
He's their lucky charm. They never lose when he's in charge (until late last season) and he regularly dishes out red cards to their opponents. He also disallowed a perfectly good Notts County goal when Cov beat them in the playoffs and allowed a dubious Cov goal in the same game.
Like on sunday👍SWA

warren r
Wozza
11 October, 2019 17:16
With Perkins banks injured Jenno suspended Danns called up to his national side how are we going to line up midfield wise we are literally down to the bare bones thoughts?

the baldy one
the baldy one
11 October, 2019 17:25
I am not sure how many Tranmere rovers fans have got a good memory - but if you remember quite a few years ago we wanted to sign the Coventry city manager mark robbins while he was so called in his prime. but the big headed ******** said he would only sign for us if we gave him a goal bonus payment for every goal he scored. who the hell does he think he is. quite rightly we never went ahead with the transfer. we need to put him in his place on sunday.

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
11 October, 2019 18:18
Quote:
the baldy one
I am not sure how many Tranmere rovers fans have got a good memory - but if you remember quite a few years ago we wanted to sign the Coventry city manager mark robbins while he was so called in his prime. but the big headed ******** said he would only sign for us if we gave him a goal bonus payment for every goal he scored. who the hell does he think he is. quite rightly we never went ahead with the transfer. we need to put him in his place on sunday.

Don’t hold a grudge then ? With a memory like that is the baldy one a woman ?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
11 October, 2019 20:26
What the heck is baldy on. Strikers are entitled to ask for goal bonuses, the same as midfielders and they are both entitled to ask for assist bonuses, just like goalkeepers are entitled to ask for clean sheet bonuses.

If the guy had asked for his car insurance and phone bills to be paid, then he would have been a cheeky sod, but he wasn't asking for something unreasonable. It's standard practice on almost all playing contracts these days.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
11 October, 2019 22:07
Wasnt there a Coventry player that Ronnie Moore tried to sign for us a few years back that refused to come unless we bought him a house and other daft things? Transfer collapsed and he never amounted to much anyway?

rover87
rover87
11 October, 2019 22:21
Would like to see Gilmour CBT and Heburn Murphy all given starts, think we desperately need to shake thiings up abit surely cant leave gilmour and corey out after midweek and id have HM in place of Mullin

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
12 October, 2019 02:58
Liked what Gilmour and CBT brought into the team on Tuesday. Those two and Audrey HB add a lot of pace to the side, which is what we've been lacking.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
12 October, 2019 08:19
Quote:
Prenton Pirate
Liked what Gilmour and CBT brought into the team on Tuesday. Those two and Audrey HB add a lot of pace to the side, which is what we've been lacking.

Agree totally!
Speaking to a mate of mine who goes to all Rotherham's games - he said Coventry were very poor last week (Rotherham hammered them 4-0) so we may have a chance here.
Despite his 2 mistakes (penno against Burton and that throw in on Tuesday) Borthwick Jackson I think is also very good - he can just glide past opposition players and can deliver a good cross. Reminds me of Clarkey on the right 2 seasons back.

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Tommy Egg
Tommy Egg
12 October, 2019 11:15
Quote:
rover87
Would like to see Gilmour CBT and Heburn Murphy all given starts, think we desperately need to shake thiings up abit surely cant leave gilmour and corey out after midweek and id have HM in place of Mullin

Isn't that about all we've got particularly if Banks can't play . If Mullin's is replaced by H M , he will have to put a shift in to replace Mullins chasing down if one paced and defending at corners .I'll take a draw and hope Southend and Wimbledon draw .

Tommy Egg
Tommy Egg
12 October, 2019 11:15
Quote:
rover87

Isn't that about all we've got particularly if Banks can't play . If Mullin's is replaced by H M , he will have to put a shift in to replace Mullins chasing down if one paced and defending at corners .I'll take a draw and hope Southend and Wimbledon draw .

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
12 October, 2019 11:45
bad injury list for Rovers, plus suspensions and international call ups going into the Coventry game..i see that there are a couple of league 1 games and one league 2 game that are off today coz of international call ups, and the Kidderminster v Farsley game in the NLN is off too coz Kiddy have 3 players on international duty.

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
12 October, 2019 11:54
Today...

Rochdale v Accrington
Southend v Wimbledon

I think it will be 2 caretaker managers in charge at Roots Hall today...Southend still managerless, so I think Waddock is still Southend caretaker and Wimbledon boss Wally Downes suspended coz of gambling breaches.

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
12 October, 2019 17:08
Southend 1-4 Wimbledon..We are now in the relegation zone..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2019 17:19 by hong kong rover.

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
12 October, 2019 17:17
have just been reading that Coventry will be wearing a new specially designed 2-tone kit for tmrws live game, the kit inspired by the Coventry band, The Specials..

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
12 October, 2019 17:21
Going for 3-0 Coventry ,they had a bad 0-4 at Rotherham last week so will be out to make amends

Tranmere pete San Francisco.
Pete SF
13 October, 2019 03:03
I am hoping for our first away win 2.1 to tranmere. Will have to get up at 4am to watch it in San Francisco.

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
13 October, 2019 11:28
Cmon the Rovers!

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
13 October, 2019 11:47
F*ck this 2-tone Coventry sh*te, their dumb ass new mod shirts and The Specials...Its all about the Rovers, Half Man Half Biscuit and HMS Birkenhead...Cmon Tranmere!

Bored rover
Bored rover
13 October, 2019 12:19
Decent start, bit naive perhaps, look much better 4 4 2 imo, Gilmour a-lot livelier than Banks or Jenno, but one of those who is a little naive needs games to loose that though

Zint
Zint
13 October, 2019 12:49
Poor 1st half, even allowing for injuries. We are lucky to go in on level terms.

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
13 October, 2019 12:49
Think we have done ok in that first half, Coventry look a very good passing side and they pass it around well with good movement but we have coped quite well with them..CBT coming down the left seems as though he could cause a few probs and we should try and get him into the game a bit more in the 2nd half.. Hopefully Mullin going off isn't too serious.

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
13 October, 2019 12:51
0-0 I will take this at full time.

bumhobo33
bumhobo33
13 October, 2019 12:57
Not so much a critique but an honest observation: we look outclassed. Seems like we have no plan with the ball in midfield beyond panicking into a turnover. No one can honestly think Davies kicking it long is going to work, we wont score with that strategy if this game lasts a year. We are lacking creativity and it seems like we have no intention to play on their side of the pitch. I dont get a chance to physically watch too many games but if they all look like this I worry about staying up.

SWA heard loud and clear, however...keep it up!

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
13 October, 2019 13:01
Coventry have had a lot of possession and they pass it around well, but considering we have an injury depleted side we haven't done too badly.., we are going to get one chance all game and that will be Stefan Payne netting on 80 mins and we come home with all 3 pts..

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker
13 October, 2019 13:10
Thank god Godden keeps missing

Bored rover
Bored rover
13 October, 2019 13:14
Quote:
bumhobo33
Not so much a critique but an honest observation: we look outclassed. Seems like we have no plan with the ball in midfield beyond panicking into a turnover. No one can honestly think Davies kicking it long is going to work, we wont score with that strategy if this game lasts a year. We are lacking creativity and it seems like we have no intention to play on their side of the pitch. I dont get a chance to physically watch too many games but if they all look like this I worry about staying up.
SWA heard loud and clear, however...keep it up!

We absolutely have a plan to make it difficult and frustrate an excellent footballing side. Going long to Payne is no issue at all, his partner just needs to get closer along with either Morris or CBT, hes won every ball in te air, think hes been excellent so far.

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker
13 October, 2019 13:22
5 very good chances for Godden that he will feel he should have scored

goosed
goosed
13 October, 2019 13:24
We are poor rubbish and somethin needs to happen at this club

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
13 October, 2019 13:25
Oh my god, this is agonizing to watch
How are we not losing

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
13 October, 2019 13:26
Quote:
Tranmere Tinker
5 very good chances for Godden that he will feel he should have scored

yes, this Godden lad sure has had some chances, lets just hope its gonna be one of them days for him where it just won't go in..Cov are starting to create more chances early in this 2nd half

Bored rover
Bored rover
13 October, 2019 13:31
Quote:
goosed

Only Lpool have done better than these at home 0-0 would be a great result and a defeat wont define out season

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
13 October, 2019 13:34
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
goosed

Only Lpool have done better than these at home 0-0 would be a great result and a defeat wont define out season

I agree, 0 vs 0 would be a good result looking at how the match is going, but we're all hoping for that golden chance, come on Rovers

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
13 October, 2019 13:35
the camera has just focused in on Mark and Nicola...Nicola looked like she had defo been 'kipping on the kop' lol.. I believe she is kipping on the kop to help highlight the problems of homelessness,, she did look tired..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 13:37 by hong kong rover.

rossb07
rossb07
13 October, 2019 13:44
Quote:
goosed

Oh yeah....

Bored rover
Bored rover
13 October, 2019 13:44
Quote:
bumhobo33
No one can honestly think Davies kicking it long is going to work, we wont score with that strategy if this game lasts a year.

Im sorry you where saying

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
13 October, 2019 13:45
Quote:
hong kong rover
Coventry have had a lot of possession and they pass it around well, but considering we have an injury depleted side we haven't done too badly.., we are going to get one chance all game and that will be Stefan Payne netting on 80 mins and we come home with all 3 pts..

yessssss what a strike get in Rovers,,, we only need that one chance,...

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
13 October, 2019 13:45
Oooooooooo what a goal yeeeeessssssss

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
13 October, 2019 13:46
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
hong kong rover

yessssss what a strike get in Rovers,,, we only need that one chance,...

Theres that golden chance i was on about hkr lol
Get in there

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
13 October, 2019 13:51
JESUSSSSS Payne should have buried that

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
13 October, 2019 13:53
Oh wow, should of scored

Bored rover
Bored rover
13 October, 2019 13:55
Payne can have his MoM now!

Zint
Zint
I’ll take that. Don’t care that we were crap. A win is a win.

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS,, GET IN ROVERS....MoM = the back four, we kept them at bay...our first away win and their first home loss.....WOOO HOOOO

Pitou
Pitou
hell yes Blackett Taylor , Tranmere with the smash and grab

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
Quote:
Bored rover
Payne can have his MoM now!
Agree, been superb today

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
13 October, 2019 13:58
Lets have Southend next and start moving up that table

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
hong kong rover
JESUSSSSS Payne should have buried that
Yes but he put in a hell of a shift today. Cracking result.

bumhobo33
bumhobo33
Glad to take the 3 points but no one here can say it was deserved... however 3 points is 3 points though! Happy to be proven wrong!

Bored rover
Bored rover
13 October, 2019 13:59
Quote:
Zint

We weren't crap, lucky yes, crap no. They are a very good side who we can not compete with on a footballing level this season. Game plan worked a treat

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere
13 October, 2019 13:59
We did what we needed!!! Excellent victory!!

Bored rover
Bored rover
13 October, 2019 14:01
A billion percent imperative we follow it up on Friday with-a win,, put some daylight in between us and bottom 3

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
13 October, 2019 14:01
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
Zint

We weren't crap, lucky yes, crap no. They are a very good side who we can not compete with on a footballing level this season. Game plan worked a treat

+1

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
13 October, 2019 14:02
Quote:
bumhobo33
Glad to take the 3 points but no one here can say it was deserved... however 3 points is 3 points though! Happy to be proven wrong!
Disagree. Setting up to be hard to beat and frustrating the opposition is part of the game. It's a valid tactic away from home especially. Doing this successfully is playing well, not badly.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
13 October, 2019 14:10
Smash and grab maybe but that's what away wins with a makeshift team against bigger opponents look like.

Great organisation, work rate and spirit compensated for missing the spine of the team. Enormous result, rode our luck a bit to weather the 20 minute storm but our reward was fully earned.

And hats off to the 869 fans who travelled.

Bored rover
Bored rover
13 October, 2019 14:11
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
bumhobo33
Disagree. Setting up to be hard to beat and frustrating the opposition is part of the game. It's a valid tactic away from home especially. Doing this successfully is playing well, not badly.

+1

Also you make your own luck we never gave them a clean chance there was either a goalie in their face or someone snapping at heels. Our best performance of the season bar none, stepped upto the fight today doing the dirty work as you say, something we have lacked all season so far

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
13 October, 2019 14:14
we were superb in defence and they really protected Scotty

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
13 October, 2019 14:22
Quote:
goosed

So that statement aged well

bumhobo33
bumhobo33
13 October, 2019 14:22
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
bumhobo33

Doogie- no way on earth we deserved 3 points. Would have considered us lucky to finish 0-0. Glad it turned out the way it did but we never looked a threat and were fortunate not to be behind on multiple occasions.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
13 October, 2019 14:23
Classic smash and grab away performance. Yes Coventry had many chances - but not many on target. Tactics worked a treat. Swa

TimmySoft
TimmySoft
13 October, 2019 14:28
A team that we’re technically better than us, looked more threatening and played some good football, just got absolutely sh*t housed!

Well done lads, CBTs goal was a thing of beauty. I didn’t think we were good in any part of the park, the defence were beaten 4/5 times and it was only our good luck that kept us in it.

We definitely looked short in the midfield, not a lot of creativity or options to change the play and our forwards continue to drop too deep to stand a chance to affect the game.

A tough win, with a lot of negatives but the major positive of 3 points. I celebrated by doing some washing up.

Summerlander
Summerlander
13 October, 2019 14:46
Yeah, it was hard to watch. They played some real nice football and put us on the back foot all the game. Kinda reminded me of Rope-a-dope. Hope Mullin isn't going to join our injury team.

dnors
dnors
13 October, 2019 14:47
Not a vintage performance by any stretch of the imagination, but a huge three points all the same. What a moment too for CBT kid from Villa scoring the winner away at St. Andrews ,admittedly not for Villa and not against Birmingham but still! Thought he was excellent today along with Payne. Special mention too for the fans over 800 there isnt bad at all but they made a great din throughout I thought, sounded like a home game at times.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
13 October, 2019 14:57
Quote:
dnors
Not a vintage performance by any stretch of the imagination, but a huge three points all the same. What a moment too for CBT kid from Villa scoring the winner away at St. Andrews ,admittedly not for Villa and not against Birmingham but still! Thought he was excellent today along with Payne. Special mention too for the fans over 800 there isnt bad at all but they made a great din throughout I thought, sounded like a home game at times.

If you don't take your chances, you don't win matches!!
Absolutely brilliant atmosphere. I was just saying to the guys next to me that CBT had done little in the second half when he did that. What do I know?

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
13 October, 2019 15:06
To everyone who says we were 'crap and lucky', what would you be saying if we produced Coventry's performance today? Something like 'crap and deserved what we got' is my bet. Two sides of the same coin.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 15:12 by Aldo'smuzzy.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
13 October, 2019 15:15
Talk about chasing your blues away; that's the kind of CBT that'll help you look your demons in the eye and knock them out! (Make that available on the health service!). Absolute top class finish and we should all be bouncin' with the three points, regardless of circumstances (I know I am!). Perspective: Coventry could have gone joint second (sounds better than third!) with a win and we were in the bottom three before kick off. It was always going to be a backs to the wall performance, particularly when you add in the missing players. Yes, we may have had some luck on our side, but if anyone thinks we weren't due any is mean-spirited and that's putting it mildly. The table looks sweeter now! Just enjoy!

dnors
dnors
13 October, 2019 15:16
Agreed Hoots and Aldo, lucky or not much better teams than us will go to Coventry this season and get turned over! I for one take only positives from today we're going to need win ugly this season especially with an injury list like ours.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
13 October, 2019 15:49
Quote:
dnors

Aye, 800 when the game was live on telly was fabulous.
CBT superb technique - he took the shot early when the keepr wasnt expecting

TRFC is #8 on Wirral's new Viking Trail
[www.facebook.com] 👊👊

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
13 October, 2019 15:49
Watched the game on the telly with the Missus. Cant say she was that impressed. But as soon as Coventry hit the post I told her there could only be on outcome, a win for the Purplewhites. She now thinks I am a football guru of the highest order. Second only to master tactician Micky Mellon.

goosed
goosed
13 October, 2019 16:02
Quote:
Uptonrover
Quote:
goosed

So that statement aged well

Well maybe i jinxed the win sayin this so i am to blame for us winning im taking that

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
13 October, 2019 16:02
if Coventry can get their hands on a potent goalscorer who knows where the net is, then they should be there or thereabouts at the end of the season..

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker
13 October, 2019 16:19
Not a deserved win, they had several clear chances they should have scored, 5-0 wouldn't have flattered them. However we have to accept that they were a far superior team and we did what we needed to do, we defended well and hoped they couldn't find their shooting boots. We were lucky they didn't score, our goal was well taken though. Sometimes that is what you need to do, accept that they are much better and dig in hoping for a draw or sneaky goal against the run of play. Coventry will be gutted with the number of chances they missed.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
13 October, 2019 16:21
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
He was also the ref when we won 1-0 at Bradford on a Sunday a few seasons ago when Phil Parkinson lost it big time after Mr. Drysdale did not send Goodison off. That was a bit of a smash and grab though not as much as todays

DevonExile
DevonExile
13 October, 2019 16:21
We looked outclassed for most of the game but credit has to go to the concentration and resilience of the team. They hung in, rode their luck and if only for that deserved to win.
To be fair if we had an away team at PP that played the way that we did we would have many that would have complained about the tactics and the result.
In a season like this I do not care how ugly we win.If we survive it will be a great outcome and a springboard for better.
Defensively, I can see the case for Payne as man of the match but I think that there is a strong case for Caprice. When the defence was being stretched he showed real determination and quality and coming forward also looked our best outlet. He has come on in leaps and bounds since arrival

Yiggo
Yiggsy
13 October, 2019 16:31
tbf how many times did we get smash'n'grabbed in National League? FGR spring to mind.

That finish by CBT was worthy of any level of football.

... and finally... GTFI YES! Thanks to those who travelled. SWA

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
13 October, 2019 16:33
Can think of at least 3-4 games last season where sides did that to us at Prenton Park and the opposition were praised for winning lucky! Few more of them i wouldnt complain although mightnt be good for the blood pressure

jal jal
jal jal
13 October, 2019 17:11
Doesn't matter how well or how poorly you play as long as you don't lose. Play poorly and win that's excellent.

rover87
rover87
13 October, 2019 18:54
Definition of a classic smash and grab. Terrible finishing from Coventry cost them but its about time we got a bit of luck this season fantastic finish from Corey Stefan Payne motm for me how on earth he missed the chance at the end il never know but he worked his socks off and won everything

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
13 October, 2019 20:14
Great finish, even if was against the run of play. The Southend game is an imperitive otherwise the gains made from this result could all be for nothing and Southend are a team Tranmere are expected to compete with, so there has to be a victory otherwise bonus results like the Coventry one will seem like a damp squib.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

MESSAGES->author
ElvisTRFC
13 October, 2019 20:37
[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 20:38 by ElvisTRFC.

rover87
rover87
13 October, 2019 20:48
Quote:
ElvisTRFC
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqZ8428GSrI
😂 love it do u remember the good old days before the ROVERS

MESSAGES->author
ElvisTRFC
13 October, 2019 20:58
I'm gonna get 'em to play this at the Southend Meet Up lol

MESSAGES->author
ElvisTRFC
13 October, 2019 21:05
MM and the boys pulled a rabbit out of the hat. League 1, we are here to stay!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/10/2019 21:09 by ElvisTRFC.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
13 October, 2019 21:47
It would be bad manners, in fact complete madness, not to pay homage to the selecter of today's team Mr MM, who took us one step beyond relegation today.
In homage to Coventry's woeful finishing and the weepin' an' a wailin' 'from their fans:
[www.youtube.com]

Cybertron
Cybertron
13 October, 2019 22:01
Great result, sometimes you have got to sh!thouse your way to a result. Thought the ref was reasonable today, did well to leave us with 11 on the pitch, you could clearly see him telling RHM, you are 'this close' to going off.
Essential we get something from the Southend game now.

Zint
Zint
14 October, 2019 09:38
I thought our best away performance this season, so far, was at Rotherham. Yesterday we had nowhere near the fluency but we won. I’d take winning ugly any day of the week. Hopefully the 3 pts will boost the lads confidence on their travels.

dicko111
dicko111
14 October, 2019 13:31
Why did Scotty keep punching the ball from crosses after we scored and hand it back to the opposition ? ,Surely catching the ball from crosses was more of a time waster ?

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
14 October, 2019 15:32
Robins is whingeing like a two year old in the press. Deffo hand ball, deffo sending off for Payne, deffo foul in build up to goal, deffo time wasting by keeper.

And his team deffo didn't score any goals.

You make your own luck and yes we rode it on Sunday. We've had it done to us on occasion and just took it on the chin.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
14 October, 2019 16:08
Quote:
dicko111
Why did Scotty keep punching the ball from crosses after we scored and hand it back to the opposition ? ,Surely catching the ball from crosses was more of a time waster ?
It's the modern way. A ball that moves around much more, crosses coming in with more velocity to take advantage of this and greasy conditions. Better safe than sorry.

Kentexile
Kentexile
14 October, 2019 16:10
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
dicko111
It's the modern way. A ball that moves around much more, crosses coming in with more velocity to take advantage of this and greasy conditions. Better safe than sorry.

And the balls are much lighter than 20 years back, they swerve all over the place these days.

dicko111
dicko111
14 October, 2019 16:15
Or maybe not that confident in catching a cross ?? At least he didnt fumble a shot but how many did they have on target ?

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
14 October, 2019 16:24
I think the Coventry newspaper is making it worse than it was. Robins is a manager whose team had dominated a game but lost-so he won't be happy.

Cybertron
Cybertron
14 October, 2019 22:08
Quote:
Kentexile
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
dicko111

And the balls are much lighter than 20 years back, they swerve all over the place these days.
I like a keeper that punches clear provided they get good distance. I don't recall him doing much of this in the past so maybe its something that has been worked on by the coaches. It is all fine and good saying catch the ball, but how many times have we seen him try and catch the ball and present it to a striker in the 18 yard box.

rossb07
rossb07
15 October, 2019 10:55
Interesting to see the Coventry forum has been in meltdown since the game.
Yes they lost but they’re a good side and if the roles were reversed I’d be disappointed but not hysterical.

For the record, you could see we were stifling them from the off, dropped off them to allow them to mess around at the back and hit them if we managed to get anything decent going up top. It worked as it has against us in the past.

It should give us an edge in the Southend game too as if they think we’ll play like that then they’re going to have a torrid time under the lights!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/10/2019 10:56 by rossb07.

Kentexile
Kentexile
15 October, 2019 12:30
I don't know what they're whining for, they had more than enough chances to win the game comfortably. Looked a very good side to me, and I haven't seen us so comprehensively dominated across 90 minutes like that in any other game this season (not Portsmouth, nor Oxford, nor Ipswich).

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.