Latest news:

Peterborough
Discussion started by prentonpete1 (IP Logged), 17 September, 2019 15:03
prentonpete1
prentonpete1
17 September, 2019 15:03
Hope I'm wrong but I think Davies will be suffering from backache after tonight's game.

Eric01 Tranmere
Eric01 Tranmere
17 September, 2019 15:45
We'll at least get a draw

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
17 September, 2019 16:03
In recent seasons a bloody good hiding at home has done us the world of good..

November 2017 - Tranmere 0-5 Peterborough - after this we went on a great run and got promoted.
January 2019 - Tranmere 0-7 Tottenham - not long after we went on an amazing run of results and were also promoted.

Hope we get tonked tonight - September 2019 - Tranmere 0-6 Peterborough - we then proceed to start picking up many points, ending the season well clear from the relegation zone and finishing above mid-table.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
17 September, 2019 16:43
I have just viewed Peterboroughs 6 goals vs Rochdale last Saturday on you tube..at least 3 of them were absolute gifts from the Dale keeper and defence..the 1st goal goal, OMG.

prentonpete1
prentonpete1
17 September, 2019 16:52
Totally agree with HKR we can't be that bad surely .

jonesy792
jonesy792
17 September, 2019 17:08
On paper, Peterborough will be licking their lips for a comfortable away win.

Let’s hope we go in with a game plan that we can effectively execute.

ADD
ADD
17 September, 2019 17:34
Watched Darren Ferguson's pre-match interview and impressed by his knowledge of Tranmere as he rattled off the names of our main players - we never hear such in depth analysis of the opposition from MM.
He also pointed out that we had used 4 different formations in the last 4 halves of football we have played, and went thru them all- unfortunately he didn't identify which one we should stick with smiling smiley
He obviously doesn't want his squad to get over confident as he thought we would give them a really hard game....
Think this will go two ways - we will implode and get hammered and embarrassed or we will finally find some form and beat them to get our season properly underway.

FloodlitFridays
FloodlitFridays
17 September, 2019 18:49
We “never hear it” because he probably saves it for the changing room where it belongs. Furthermore, you don’t mastermind two successive promotions on a modest budget without being somewhat savvy to what your opponents are all about.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2019 18:50 by FloodlitFridays.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
17 September, 2019 20:29
a good start from the boys, hope we can keep this up, and keep them out
all we need is a goal before half time and build on the confidence
cant believe portsmouth are 2 vs 1 down at home against Burton

rossb07
rossb07
17 September, 2019 20:35
Before the 2nd half, were on top against these and again not overawed by this league.

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker
17 September, 2019 20:38
They've done well first half, pretty even overall in the first half, banks has played some nice balls

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
17 September, 2019 20:39
Quote:
rossb07
Before the 2nd half, were on top against these and again not overawed by this league.
it would be nice to get 3 points at home against the posh
COME ON SWA

rossb07
rossb07
17 September, 2019 20:43
Is it just me or is Maddison really just a gob on legs? reminds me of Lloyd when we last played these, so he’ll go on and bag a hat-trick in the second 45.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
17 September, 2019 20:45
0-0 half time,,, well done Rovers!

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker
17 September, 2019 20:58
How did we leave them 3 on 1 there, none of our players even close

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
17 September, 2019 21:01
oh bollox, 2 down to 2 early 2nd half goals.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
17 September, 2019 21:01
come on rovers for fudge cake(Sm148)

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

rossb07
rossb07
17 September, 2019 21:03
Really disappointing only due to how well we’ve played for the 1st 55 mins

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker
17 September, 2019 21:04
Lack of goal threat upfront is costing us this season, we can hold our own against teams but just can't score

rossb07
rossb07
17 September, 2019 21:09
This ref, wow

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
17 September, 2019 21:09
yes, we have pulled a goal back, Cmon the Rovers!

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
17 September, 2019 21:12
Tranmere Rovers FC
@TranmereRovers
66' | After what was an absolute age, Peterborough kick off. Micky Mellon is then sent off by the referee.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
17 September, 2019 21:13
65' | GOALLLL!!

Potter crosses to Mullin who throws himself at the ball to produce a spectacular diving header. GET IN!

1-2

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
17 September, 2019 21:14
2-2 yessss get in Rovers! COME ON!

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
17 September, 2019 21:14
Tranmere Rovers FC
@TranmereRovers
70' | GGGGGOOOOOOAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!

OH MY WORD OLLIE BANKS. 30 YARD VOLLEY.

2-2

“Physical reality is actually a mirror: Your physical reality is just a reflection of what you most strongly believe to be true. And like a mirror, physical reality will not change unless you change first”

rossb07
rossb07
17 September, 2019 21:16
That goal, wow

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
17 September, 2019 21:33
Quote:
rossb07
That goal, wow

cant wait to see it in the highlights

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
17 September, 2019 21:34
Tranmere Rovers FC
@TranmereRovers
90' | Six added on

2-2

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
17 September, 2019 21:43
2-2 well done Rovers! hopefully this will give us some confidence to move up the table... got about 4 hrs sleep now then up for work..

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
17 September, 2019 21:43
Quote:
hong kong rover
2-2 well done Rovers! hopefully this will give us some confidence to move up the table... got about 4 hrs sleep now then up for work..

sleep well Mate

jonesy792
jonesy792
17 September, 2019 21:46
Brilliant performance in both halves.

Micky gets the team selection and formation spot on. Some great link up play, fluid passing and movement.

Banks made a BIG difference in midfield. Brilliant goal. Other stand out performances from Morris- he’s improved massively. And Ray was excellent at the back.

Blackett Taylor looked a real danger when he came on and surely worth a return to the first XI, perhaps ahead of either Payne or Mullin.

On to Burton !

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
17 September, 2019 21:52
[twitter.com]

Ridiculous goal

dnors
dnors
17 September, 2019 21:57
Wow what a roller coaster game! I can just imagine the half time team talk "Right lads keep it tight we're playing well don't do anything stupid like give away a penalty or get sent off, rides and banksy I'm looking at you" half an hour later we've conceded two, Micky's been sent off himself, rides has bagged one and banksy has scored a screamer of a volley to level it up. Couldn't write it. Don't get me wrong hammering National League sides, and getting promoted out of league two through sheer power of will were some fun times, but this is what it's all about, battling back against the dreaded posh on a Tuesday night at Prenton Park against all odds. Never fall out of love with this club, end of story.

guar1885
guar1885
17 September, 2019 22:13
Benchmark set
Win lose or draw they would’ve got a standing ovation tonight. 100% effort from minute 1 to 96

trfc-boi
trfc-boi
17 September, 2019 22:15
Outstanding effort, first half bosses the game, the difference in league one is how clinical teams are on the attack, all credit to the lads, keep going, class & effort, would be great to just take the lead for once, cracking performance 👏🏻👏🏻🙌🏻

Zint
Zint
17 September, 2019 22:20
That was like a cup game. Coming back from 2 down was a real achievement given how good Peterborough were. I would have given Mullin the MOTM. He showed Norwood-like work rate and was a dynamo.

Referee was useless. We could have won it at the end too 👏👏👏

Jimsteel
Jimsteel
17 September, 2019 22:26
Reminds of that moment in Rocky film when the bell rings and all of a sudden its game on. We have to maintain that level of intensity now. We should of beat them easily just a bit too gung ho at times. They were desperately trying to waste time. Payne and Mullins work rate was incredible Norwood-esque. And the fans really got going second half. More of the same Saturday and we'll be fine.

jal jal
jal jal
17 September, 2019 22:48
Excellent result they were the first goals Peterborough had conceded in 6 games, this result is probably the result Rovers needed to kick start their season.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
17 September, 2019 22:49
Jeez, that was a pulsating second half and value for money! Even enjoyed the first half as thought it was a decent contest. We turned the posh to peasants, grateful for anything by the end of the game; you'd have thought it was them desperate for points with some of their antics. Ref, words fail me, but how about absolute dog sh#t. Peterborough clearly have a lot of class players, but decided to deviate to their cost; poetic justice and all that. Also thought their "support" was non-existent, not even singing when they were winning; just feels good to steal some of their thunder for once! Proud of every last player in a white shirt tonight, with everyone putting in a shift and earning the right to wear the shirt. Another last gasp header that doesn't hit the back of the net; add Rotherham and Rochdale to that and our points tally could be so different. Respect for the way we went for the win and didn't settle for the point. Both teams were absolutely shattered at the end.
Banks goal...wow!
The scarf is staying up!

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
17 September, 2019 22:54
Brilliant battling performance.Payne and Mullin were a handful and all the boys deserved the applause at the end. Keep this up and the doom and gloom merchants will suddenly disappear.Any thoughts Goosed etc ?

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
17 September, 2019 23:16
Quote:
Shaumbra
65' | GOALLLL!!
Potter crosses to Mullin who throws himself at the ball to produce a spectacular diving header. GET IN!

1-2

Great cross to Ridehalgh who gets the goal still same result though.

Yiggo
Yiggsy
17 September, 2019 23:38
Quote:
BELMONT
Quote:
Shaumbra
65' | GOALLLL!!

1-2

Great cross to Ridehalgh who gets the goal still same result though.

Just seen the highlights on Sky... wtf was Rides doing there in the first place? smiling smiley

smithy43
smithy43
17 September, 2019 23:43
Davies 8

Sid 8
Ray 7.5
Manny 6.5

Morris 9 MOTM
Potter 8.5
Banks 7
Perkins 7.5
Rides 8

Mullin 8
Payne 7

Thought Morris was the standout player today and Rides had his best game for a while. Challenge now is to keep up that level of performance, maybe a bit of competition is what they need.

Disagree (to an extent) with comments on Banks and Payne. Thought Banks gave the ball away too much, got caught for pace a couple of times and was the weak link in the midfield, though that goal was unreal. Potter was excellent, recycled possession well and made some useful challenges. Team looked very well balanced until he jaded at the end, and if he stays fit we'll be fine.

RE Payne, for 60 mins he was poor and didnt look all that interested and wasn't running around much at all. He needed to do better with the header from that good Banks ball, that should be meat and drink for all strikers (all you need to do is head it downwards). He also squandered a great chance after a lovely dink from Ray and with chances at a premium you have to do better there. That being said after 60 mins his work rate was excellent and put them under real pressure with some great pressing. Also agree he is much better with the ball at his feet and if he plays like he did in the last half hour more often, we'll pick up a load more points.

However I dont know if the way we play is suited to Payne all that much. He isn't a target man and will only win 1 out of 10 long balls. He isn't a striker who plays off the defender's shoulder like Nors did and can run in behind & get goals that way. He isn't a focal point at crosses as his leap isn't great and doesn't direct headers towards goals. The problem is our play basically is those 3 examples - we do look to go over the top a lot and we do put in a lot of crosses each game. I think Payne is more suited to getting the ball at his feet, then either turning and shooting or laying it off to the wingers/strike partner. However up until now we dont play the way that exploits Payne's strengths hence his return has been poor. Decision for MM would be to continue with how we play (we have scored a lot..) or focus more on Payne's strengths

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
18 September, 2019 00:07
Really good performance .we need more of the same ,the problem is consistentce what team will turn up Saturday that’s the trouble ,the makings of a good team is there, just need to do it more often .

kennyspint
kennyspint
18 September, 2019 00:09
Great performance from the lads and the SWA.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 September, 2019 05:03
Quote:
mrGr33n13
https://twitter.com/E_Sure91/status/1174054348583854084?s=09
Ridiculous goal

What a goal! defo a contender for goal of the season..i had a mate who was at the game last night and he sent me a pic of a stunning sunset over Prenton last night, taken from the JK stand,,Shepherds Delight!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 September, 2019 05:42
Why was Micky sent to the stands last night?

Loyden1
Loyden1
18 September, 2019 07:58
Quote:
hong kong rover
Why was Micky sent to the stands last night?
a row with the 4th official apparently for throwing the ball to 1of their players when it was our throw in

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
18 September, 2019 08:30
Micky gave an interview saying the ref was aggressive in his face and he moved the ref out of his face. Guess it was that too

Bored rover
Bored rover
18 September, 2019 08:55
Great result, still conceded 2 but given the number of goals they've scored this season thats a bit like a clean sheet, players have shown they can do it for Micky now and it’s imperative they replicate it week in week out, standard has been set.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
18 September, 2019 09:34
We need another good performance Saturday from Phll65s suction cups ,Burton funny old side can beat anyone on the day ,you really don’t hear much about them ,Clough very quiet ,not a chip off the old block ,never liked Brian Clough far to arrogant thought he walked on water and the way he actually hit people ,imagine it these days .

MoanerLesser
AccountLogicallyDeleted
18 September, 2019 09:37
temporarily back in just to say "great goal from Banks.* and superb effort from the team.

Notice how a certain individual hasn't posted anything on this thread - never mind complimentary -about the game?

ciao

jal jal
jal jal
18 September, 2019 09:56
Phew I don't think that's me then grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/09/2019 09:56 by jal jal.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 September, 2019 10:25
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
We need another good performance Saturday from Phll65s suction cups ,Burton funny old side can beat anyone on the day ,you really don’t hear much about them ,Clough very quiet ,not a chip off the old block ,never liked Brian Clough far to arrogant thought he walked on water and the way he actually hit people ,imagine it these days .

Brian Clough should have been England manager, he wanted the job and the general consesus was that he would have done well..But as they have always done, the crusty old FA gave the job to a complete yes man in Don Revie..Revie failed miserably.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 18/09/2019 10:29 by hong kong rover.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
18 September, 2019 11:09
I will go half way on that one HKR ,put him down as a twisted genius ,I think because he was controversial they wondered what he would do or say next ,and definitely not the England manager slapping people in public ,his own worst enemy ,why he was never done for assault I don’t know only happened about 3times but not good .it was a case of he hee it’s only good old Cloughie

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 September, 2019 11:34
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
I will go half way on that one HKR ,put him down as a twisted genius ,I think because he was controversial they wondered what he would do or say next ,and definitely not the England manager slapping people in public ,his own worst enemy ,why he was never done for assault I don’t know only happened about 3times but not good .it was a case of he hee it’s only good old Cloughie

I agree fifty, he was arrogant and cocksure and controversial at times, but there is no doubt that he was one of the greatest club managers of all time..He took a modest second division club in Nott'm Forest to English first division champions and European Cup champions ( twice ) in no time at all..He would have made a great England manager..

TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay
18 September, 2019 11:51
Cloughie did a great job at Brighton...

...er!

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 September, 2019 12:18
Quote:
Cloughie did a great job at Brighton...

...er!

He should never have gone to Brighton..I suppose the next thing you will be saying is that he failed at Leeds Utd! He never failed at Leeds, from day one he was never given the chance coz the likes of Billy Bremner and Johnny Giles rebelled against him and wouldnt play for him..Those Leeds players couldnt accept the fact that Revie had deserted them to take on the England job and they wouldnt adhere to Cloughies new training methods, his managerial style and him wanting to stamp his style on the club..Shame on Bremner, Giles and the rest of them for acting like this..Not sure if you have seen the film 'The Damned United' with Michael Sheen playing the part of Clough and the superb Tim Spall as Cloughs right hand man, Peter Taylor, the movie gives a fairly true reflection and account of Cloughs very short 44 days at the club.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 September, 2019 12:30
And Brian Clough was a superb player too..his strike record was PHENOMENAL..in 296 career games he scored 267 times before his playing days were cut short by a serious injury..he was a truly great player that became a truly great manager..A giant of English football..We dont have them anymore, we have foreigners.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 September, 2019 12:49
Jim Broadbent was superb playing the part of the gruff Derby chairman in 'The Damned United'... the days when working class locals came good and successful in business and ran football clubs that they supported and loved.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
18 September, 2019 14:35
Like Peter Johnson 👍

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 September, 2019 14:58
Looking back at 1974 when Bremner n Giles got together and had the other players join them and rebel and stand up against managers, would this have been the advent of 'player revolt?' or has there been a history of it in earlier times? No matter what or when, player revolt is disgusting..

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
18 September, 2019 19:27
Banks goal Superb, and what a great near post diving header from Rides, very much in the mould of Bob Latchford or Brian Kidd..

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
18 September, 2019 20:58
Well if Tranmere are going to score twice ot pull off a draw, then last nights efforts are the way to go. No half measures just quality net ripplers.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Shaumbra
Shaumbra
19 September, 2019 16:33
[www.youtube.com]

GoPro Goals | Tranmere Rovers v Peterborough
Just Tranmere Goals

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
19 September, 2019 16:55
Quote:
Uptonrover
Micky gave an interview saying the ref was aggressive in his face and he moved the ref out of his face. Guess it was that too

It was the fourth official. But when the ref came over,he just accepted the 4th officials version without listening to Micky's. I presume that there were witnesses.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net