Latest news:

micky mellon will not leave
Discussion started by the baldy one (IP Logged), 09 September, 2019 19:13
the baldy one
the baldy one
09 September, 2019 19:13
I have just read on the thread regarding danny cowley going to Huddersfield town that a few Tranmere rovers fans think micky mellon might go to Lincoln city to replace him. I honestly believe that micky is not the kind of manager who would walk out on Tranmere. the amount of times micky has said that he loves the club etc since he came back I have lost count. even if the worst happened and we got relegated this season I still think micky mellon is the perfect fit for Tranmere. he played for us for 5 years so knows how the club should be run etc. I will guess now that micky mellon will be our manager for at least the next 3 years.

Zint
Zint
12 September, 2019 09:48
I tend to agree, but football management isn’t the most secure of jobs. In a short period, usually only a few weeks, a manager can go from being a hero to being a villain. In the circumstances you couldn’t blame someone for going. Football management careers should carry the same warning as political careers, they all end in failure. In that respect the Crowley’s have been clever, they have always got out before things have turned bad. The other factor is that Micky isn’t getting any younger.

He’s Blackpool based, my only concern would be if the Preston or Blackburn jobs came up. Might be tempting to have a shorter journey. However, like you I think he will be here for a good few seasons.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.