Latest news:

Bristol Rovers (A)
Discussion started by hong kong rover (IP Logged), 18 August, 2019 08:53
hong kong rover
hong kong rover
18 August, 2019 08:53
They havent got off to a good start and hopefully we will be buoyed by the Bolton result..If Stefan Payne features on Tues I wonder what kind of reception their fans will give him? Dont think they liked him very much..

Hampshire White
Hampshire White
18 August, 2019 11:12
Payne has a point to prove, how many former players score against their old team ⚽️⚽️⚽️

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
18 August, 2019 12:52
Difficult game but an opportunity for 3 points

the kav
the kav
18 August, 2019 12:57
Take 1 if offered now

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
18 August, 2019 21:46
Tend to think a draw could be a possible on Tuesday, but it certainly could be an interesting game.

smithy43
smithy43
19 August, 2019 00:53
Would take a point there and run. They'll probs see us as a good opportunity to kickstart their season and get their first goals, especially with it being a home game for them. So its imperative to cut out any mistakes, keep it compact in the midfield and tight at the back & don't give the ball away cheaply. If we do that I'll be confident we'd pick up a decent result.

Do wonder if the Perkins/Morris Saturday spat will influence the team selection - I know MM sees Perks as the outfield leader so wonder if he'll be tempted to play someone else instead but will have to wait and see. Also great to see Hepburn-Murphy ban is over as should give us another dimension, & would like to see Maddox given a place on the bench at least over Ponticelli, who must have won a competition out of a cereal box to play for us for 6 months.

Suspect it'll be our last game for 11 days as the Bury game (17th August) will be called off tomorrow so would be great to go into this mini break on the back of decent result!!

gary anderson
gary anderson
19 August, 2019 08:22
The side still has a lot to learn this season and it will under mm so I will go for a draw .

DevonExile
DevonExile
19 August, 2019 12:59
A draw away from home is always an acceptable outcome and this is a good time to be playing Bristol Rovers. I suspect that we will only play one up front and that is more likely to be Ferrier.. Is there any news on the fiiness of Maddox yet for he could strengthen our options in midfield?

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
19 August, 2019 13:06
No problem with a spat on the field ( within limits of course ) sure all has been resolve now.
Good that the players show they are not happy and communicate that with another player, much better than nothing being said, shows commitment

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
19 August, 2019 13:24
Don't know much about how Bristol Rovers play but I'd back the 4-5-1 approach we took at Pompey to do them - but with Ferrier starting in the middle and possibly CBT rather than Connor starting on the left. Central midfield three of Potter, Perks and either Connor or Banks just behind Ferrier.

Either way you'd hope at least a point should be achievable.

Wouldn't bet against Payne either scoring or getting a red card (or both!), even if he does start on the bench!

Kentexile
Kentexile
19 August, 2019 13:57
Definitely more than happy with a point, but I'd like to see us trying to win down there.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
19 August, 2019 14:22
Quote:
DevonExile
A draw away from home is always an acceptable outcome and this is a good time to be playing Bristol Rovers. I suspect that we will only play one up front and that is more likely to be Ferrier.. Is there any news on the fiiness of Maddox yet for he could strengthen our options in midfield?

Maddox was getting quite a vigorous workout on the pitch from the fitness guy pre match sat so i would guess he is not too far away

paulbyron
paulbyron
19 August, 2019 14:32
as we are still finding our feet I would be made up with a point

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
19 August, 2019 14:44
There seem to be quite a few disgruntled Pirates fans saying that their team is no good and that relegation is on the cards for them this season..Cmon Tranmere! Lets have em! A nice sneaky little 1-0 away win..

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
19 August, 2019 14:53
Stefan Payne with the only goal of the game to further enrage their fans.

MoanerLesser
boredwiththewhingerssobyebye
19 August, 2019 15:06
In last 6 meetings, Tranmere have W4 D1 L1 which is better than i thought as i had always seen them as a bit of a bogey team.

prior to that W6 D5 L14.....

Kentexile
Kentexile
19 August, 2019 15:27
Quote:
hong kong rover
Stefan Payne with the only goal of the game to further enrage their fans.
How sweet would that be, and what a boost for him!

Zint
Zint
20 August, 2019 08:39
I’ll settle for a draw. Going tonight, but it will be a nervous affair.

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
20 August, 2019 18:57
Cmon the Rovers! lets have this Bristol lot!

rossb07
rossb07
20 August, 2019 20:01
Hoping Manny doesn’t add another card to his collection, looking very casual and over-physical so far. Looking like a good game at the moment!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/08/2019 20:02 by rossb07.

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker
20 August, 2019 20:16
Bristol rovers starting to build pressure, manny not having the greatest game. Pretty evenly matched overall.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/08/2019 20:21 by Tranmere Tinker.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
20 August, 2019 20:37
Was holding our own until their goal although prior to the goal they had a totally free header so perhaps should be 2-0! Far too many free kicks being given away around the area and had a feeling one would cost us.

ming05
ming05
20 August, 2019 20:43
Loads space up front we need partner with ferrier

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
20 August, 2019 20:49
First goal of Bristol Rovers league season,..and it's against us !!!!!! Still seem to be some issues in our defence,..but we need to put some pressure on their goal, they have let in 4 in their first 3 league games. C'mon Rovers..!!!!!!

ming05
ming05
20 August, 2019 20:53
What a ass , 3 match ban

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
20 August, 2019 20:53
Cbt sent off. Pushed their player in the face to the ground for no apparent reason. Not good

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
20 August, 2019 21:01
2 red cards WTF!

Tranmere Tinker
Tranmere Tinker
20 August, 2019 21:02
Discipline problems galore

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
20 August, 2019 21:03
Banks stupidly getting second yellow and then refusing to go off the pitch. Heads have gone

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
20 August, 2019 21:04
Quote:
hong kong rover
2 red cards WTF!

This is so bad,..totally unprofessional...get a grip !

gary anderson
gary anderson
20 August, 2019 21:05
Oh well write this one off then .maybe we are gonna struggle this season

dnors
dnors
20 August, 2019 21:07
Possibly understand CBT as he's just a kid but what's Banks playing at the daft lanky spice boy when we're already down to ten and all, @#$%& me lads write off!

nwindsor
NickNotTheGreek
20 August, 2019 21:22
WTF, 2 players now out for 3 games plus throwing this game away.

Thanks a bundle.

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
20 August, 2019 21:26
Going to snatch a draw ?

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
20 August, 2019 21:27
Norwood scores to make it 1-1 ow yer wrong team :-(

This is @#$%&
This is sh1t
20 August, 2019 21:29
Peno to them - are we playing for them ?

jonesy792
jonesy792
20 August, 2019 21:31
Definite penalty. Stupid challenge

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
20 August, 2019 21:31
Idiotic challenge by ray for a penalty to bristol 2-0

goosed
goosed
20 August, 2019 21:37
Think mellon has to go sorry but he does......put mike jackson in charge

misterecoli
misterecoli
20 August, 2019 21:38
Quote:
Uptonrover
Banks stupidly getting second yellow and then refusing to go off the pitch. Heads have gone

First yellow for banks was mistaken identity, should have been Wilson so can imagine he’s confused

MoanerLesser
20 August, 2019 21:39
Quote:
Uptonrover

And I was thinking there would be a ray of hope....

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
20 August, 2019 21:41
Quote:
Uptonrover

and yet Nelson isn't good enough to start,...Ray seems like he is a weak link at the moment.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
20 August, 2019 21:41
Quote:
misterecoli
Quote:
Uptonrover

First yellow for banks was mistaken identity, should have been Wilson so can imagine he’s confused

Not too sure on that. I initially thought Wilson would be getting the yellow too but it was Banks that made the challenge that caused their player to fall, Wilson was just by him as he fell (i think anyway)

gary anderson
gary anderson
20 August, 2019 21:44
I have not been impressed with ray or banks this season nelson far better than ray and banks is not a league one player he does nothing in midfield far to many fouls and gives ball away to often mm needs to get this sorted a 's a p .

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
20 August, 2019 21:45
Quote:
goosed

I can understand how you feel goosed, but we are inexperienced at this level at the moment. I do think some of the summer signings have been a risk, and tonight we really should have done better if 11 players had stayed on the pitch.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
20 August, 2019 21:46
Cant really be too harsh on the players that stayed on the pitch. We were up against a very home friendly ref. Cant argue with the sendings off but some of the Bristol challenges that you would expect a yellow for went unpunished. Need to get Nelson back in the side. We had a decent go at Bristol in the second half and Manny should have made it 1-1.

kennyspint
kennyspint
20 August, 2019 21:50
Quote:
gary anderson
I have not been impressed with ray or banks this season nelson far better than ray and banks is not a league one player he does nothing in midfield far to many fouls and gives ball away to often mm needs to get this sorted a 's a p .
Struggled against Bolton kids until Ollie scored. Always like to see Sid playing. Opinions

1983SWA
1983SWA
20 August, 2019 21:56
I agree, Nelson deserves a chance with Manny. I hope the kid from Chelsea comes in for Banks and makes things happen in midfield

MoanerLesser
20 August, 2019 22:03
Only four games in and as Micky keeps saying, still learning. Not being relegated has to be main target this season. Plenty of games left . As for "Mellon out" , Sheesh.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
20 August, 2019 22:04
Quote:
goosed

No, but I agree there is an issue with attitude, from outside looking in I think theres some jostling for too dog now Nors has gone. I know there was an issue with Mullins attitude last season. We just need to win one in every 3.

dnors
dnors
20 August, 2019 22:08
Mellon out is bloody ridiculous of course but if we're playing like this in ten games time we may be in serious trouble

goosed
goosed
20 August, 2019 22:09
Im bot sayin mellon hasnt done great but he has took us as far as he can.......we need to stay up and think mellon cant do it......but we will sew prove me wrong plz

rossb07
rossb07
20 August, 2019 22:15
4 games in, we're still above the drop-zone but you say he can't keep us up.

I thought we played a lot better than the scoreline suggests, unfortunately you don't get 3 points for a decent display. But, we aren't being smashed off the park by any team so far as some would have us believe.

goosed
goosed
20 August, 2019 22:20
Wait till we play sunderland

mill park white
mill park white
20 August, 2019 22:33
Quote:
goosed

Ridiculous! We have a Div 2 squad playing above our level. It will take a little while yet to establish ourselves and evolve the team.
If Mickey ever got us to the Premiership, and we lost our first few games, there would be the same few individuals on here calling for his head before the end of August.
Even if we do go down, we are still in the Football League, and with our best manager for 20 years.
Back off!

Muir the merrier
Muir the merrier
I'm thinking Manager of the Month is out of the question !!
On a plus note, nobody has had a dig at poor old Rides yet.

Cybertron
Cybertron
Quote:
mill park white
Quote:
goosed

Ridiculous! We have a Div 2 squad playing above our level. It will take a little while yet to establish ourselves and evolve the team.
If Mickey ever got us to the Premiership, and we lost our first few games, there would be the same few individuals on here calling for his head before the end of August.
Even if we do go down, we are still in the Football League, and with our best manager for 20 years.
Back off!
+1

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
20 August, 2019 22:42
Is there any redress if Banks was incorrectly shown the first yellow?

goosed
goosed
20 August, 2019 22:52
Quote:
mill park white
Quote:
goosed

Back off!

Back off or wot ?

Yiggo
Yiggsy
20 August, 2019 23:07
Good performance.. apart from 2 reds, an idiotic penalty and a free header we played well.

We can hold our own in this division.

Zint
Zint
20 August, 2019 23:25
A bad performance. Very worried about our ill discipline. We played with more conviction when we were down to 9 men. CBT was out of sorts all evening, now we have to pay him three games for sitting on his Larry.

Ferrier worked his backside off. The ref was useless, but we were also our own worst enemies.

smithy43
smithy43
20 August, 2019 23:37
Davies - 6 : Couldn't do much for goals and good save at end

Wilson - 7 : Good energy throughout, one of the standout players
Ray - 5 : Looking out of his depth, penalty challenge was more fatigue to be fair
Manny - 6 : Defensively much more strong but should have scored (likewise at Pompey)
Rides - 5.5 : Defensively better than recently but delivery is so so poor

Morris - 5.5 : Awful first half, picked up when down to 9 men but gives it away so easily
Banks - 3 : Can't even pass the ball 5 yards anymore, stupid challenge even if not on a yellow
Perks - 7 : Relentless running again especially doing Banks' running for him! MOTM
CJ - 7 : Average first half but excellent when down to 9 men, worth a try in CM?
CBT - 3 : Anonymous throughout and should know so much better, especially after RHM red

Ferrier - 7 : Superb running but absolutely no support, feel sorry for him at times

----

RHM - N/A : Not on long enough

--------------------------

Overall we were awful especially in that first half. No idea why we didn't make more changes especially at 1-0, some of the lads looked dead on their feet. Ferrier was shot after 70 mins, why not bring on some fresh legs (Mullin) upfront to chase everything? Needed more energy in the midfield too, so making 1 change just on the wing too was a bit odd. Need more support up front, Ferrier would pick up the ball and the nearest player would be 15 yards away.

I'd be livid if I was Sid and MM picks Ray next game. Don't know what Sid did to warrant being dropped from CB - his partnership with Manny was outstanding in the play offs and Ray looked average in pre-season, no idea why on earth MM is persisting with Ray and Monthe, especially as 10 goals have gone through them already (including Hull). However it seems MM has his favourites so fully expecting Ray to keep his place. Same with Morris. At least we've got 11 days to work it out!

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
20 August, 2019 23:40
I was disappointed by our performance but the spirit shown by the nine men was first class - we'll need that spirit this season. Ferrier was immense but has little support, either from the midfield or from a strike partner.

We knew goals would be a problem this season but again for me it's the lack of guile in midfield that leaves us drawing blanks, not the performances of the strikers. They're not getting the service. Be interesting to see how we address that area with the suspensions kicking in...might even be a turning point, who knows.

The ref was infuriating, blew at the slightest thing every time, but we needed to wise up to that much quicker than we did and stop conceding silly fee kicks in our own half.

Can't argue with the result but Bristol were no better than average and a point should have been within our capabilities. Frustrating.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/08/2019 00:44 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Dupak
Dupak
21 August, 2019 00:07
Agree with most points on here, except Goosed of course. The only thing not mentioned was that Bristol were a very poor team, yet still beat us. Thought we were awful in the first half, but came alive after the 2nd sending off, when Ferrier ran his socks off, Morris suddenly seemed to be everywhere and oddly, the defence seemed more composed once they'd taken about 5 minutes to realise that they had to stop hoofing it out back to the Bristol midfield. I thought that Wilson should have been booked for bringing down their number 9, not Banks. It looked to me as though Banks tried to take him out, but couldn't catch him and missed, only for Wilson to show Banks how it should be done. I could easily be wrong though, as it did happen very quickly. The less said about the sending off, the better. CBT will hopefully learn. Banks clearly never will. Very disappointing overall, but at least tempered by a real fighting spirit after the 2 sendings off. Oh and Rides had a good game as well.

humbug
humbug
21 August, 2019 07:27
Quote:
smithy43
Davies - 6 : Couldn't do much for goals and good save at end
Wilson - 7 : Good energy throughout, one of the standout players
Ray - 5 : Looking out of his depth, penalty challenge was more fatigue to be fair
Manny - 6 : Defensively much more strong but should have scored (likewise at Pompey)
Rides - 5.5 : Defensively better than recently but delivery is so so poor

Morris - 5.5 : Awful first half, picked up when down to 9 men but gives it away so easily
Banks - 3 : Can't even pass the ball 5 yards anymore, stupid challenge even if not on a yellow
Perks - 7 : Relentless running again especially doing Banks' running for him! MOTM
CJ - 7 : Average first half but excellent when down to 9 men, worth a try in CM?
CBT - 3 : Anonymous throughout and should know so much better, especially after RHM red

Ferrier - 7 : Superb running but absolutely no support, feel sorry for him at times

----

RHM - N/A : Not on long enough

--------------------------

Overall we were awful especially in that first half. No idea why we didn't make more changes especially at 1-0, some of the lads looked dead on their feet. Ferrier was shot after 70 mins, why not bring on some fresh legs (Mullin) upfront to chase everything? Needed more energy in the midfield too, so making 1 change just on the wing too was a bit odd. Need more support up front, Ferrier would pick up the ball and the nearest player would be 15 yards away.

I'd be livid if I was Sid and MM picks Ray next game. Don't know what Sid did to warrant being dropped from CB - his partnership with Manny was outstanding in the play offs and Ray looked average in pre-season, no idea why on earth MM is persisting with Ray and Monthe, especially as 10 goals have gone through them already (including Hull). However it seems MM has his favourites so fully expecting Ray to keep his place. Same with Morris. At least we've got 11 days to work it out!

Zint
Zint
21 August, 2019 07:33
I thought in the First half we looked like a team that had been sent out to play for a 0-0 draw. Nobody emerged with credit, albeit Ferrier was getting no service up front so hard to criticise him.

When was the last time Banks put in a decent shift? He is lackadaisical with his passing and behaves like the ‘big I am’. At this level he is more like ‘the lanky wtf!?’ He needs a kick up the @#$%& before this gets out of hand. Perkins was relentless but he can’t perform as a 1 man midfield.

Whilst people are saying that CBT is young he is also a professional. Professional footballers don’t react in the way he did. Most 6 year olds would have been embarrassed by his hissy fit.

Didn’t get the subs either. Reckon Payne would have psychological traumatised the Bristol Rovers defence at 1-0 and Mullin would have also provided a different output.

Shout out to the SWA though, loud, proud and lots of laughs.

Yardleys Cat
Yardleys Cat
21 August, 2019 07:54
Quote:
goosed
Quote:
mill park white
Quote:
goosed

Back off!

Back off or wot ?

I guess he means something like ‘Back off because you are making a fool of yourself and are making yourself look very, very silly’. I could be wrong but that’s how I would interpret it. Hope that helps.

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven
21 August, 2019 08:36
Quote:
Zint
I thought in the First half we looked like a team that had been sent out to play for a 0-0 draw. Nobody emerged with credit, albeit Ferrier was getting no service up front so hard to criticise him.
When was the last time Banks put in a decent shift? He is lackadaisical with his passing and behaves like the ‘big I am’. At this level he is more like ‘the lanky wtf!?’ He needs a kick up the @#$%& before this gets out of hand. Perkins was relentless but he can’t perform as a 1 man midfield.

Whilst people are saying that CBT is young he is also a professional. Professional footballers don’t react in the way he did. Most 6 year olds would have been embarrassed by his hissy fit.

Didn’t get the subs either. Reckon Payne would have psychological traumatised the Bristol Rovers defence at 1-0 and Mullin would have also provided a different output.

Shout out to the SWA though, loud, proud and lots of laughs.

Good post zint, thought we would be good for a point in the second half but what happened with those 2 put a stop to that.
CBT will learn and move on, he has the talent but will now have to fight to get back into the side, Ollie may never get back, looked OK against the kids of Bolton but not against experienced League 1 players, other sides will see straight through him.
We didn't create a decent chance last night, even with 11 on the pitch, between Manny and Perks for my m.o.m think Manny will get snapped up in the next transfer window, Perks needs more support in midfield.
Beginning to warm to Ferrier, chased everything, needs some support up front, they always had 2 players on him but he never stopped trying.

Kentexile
Kentexile
21 August, 2019 08:44
Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
mill park white
Quote:
goosed

Back off!
+1

+2

ADD
ADD
21 August, 2019 09:19
Quote:
misterecoli
Quote:
Uptonrover

Nicola said that last night but looking at where the free kick was taken it was nowhere near where Wilson made his challenge and right by where Banks made his so I am not so sure...

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
21 August, 2019 09:42
Looking at the “highlights” and Ferrier appears to be having a right go at CBT when he gets sent off. Good on him. As said previously he may be young/inexperienced but he knows the rules of the game

ADD
ADD
21 August, 2019 09:48
I deliberately didn't post last night as I wanted to calm down . It says a lot when our best spell was 10 minutes when we were down to 9 men! We did not have 1 shot on goal and our only decent chance was when Monthe headed it way over. That was it. Ferrier upfront alone is simply not going to work - MM has to change it. Also why on earth did we make only 1 change and leave Mullin/ Payne on the bench??
Please nobody either blame the referee. Yes he was fussy but our players should be bright enough to understand that and adapt - we committed so many silly fouls it was unreal. As for the 2 sendings off well I hope they are fined big time - CBT especially should be read the riot act - I looked at it again this morning and their player did absolutely nothing. Banks will be a blessing in disguise as MM will have to play Potter or Gilmour in his place for a game which should help.
I fully expected us to struggle in this League but the start has been far worse than expected. Bristol were so average it was unreal and they look like certain relegation candidates to me but unless we pull ourselves together quickly we will finish below them for sure. Truly awful.

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
21 August, 2019 11:07
Why isnt Sid Nelson playing? From what I have seen of him, he should be first choice.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
21 August, 2019 12:19
+1 HKR

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
21 August, 2019 12:43
Absolutely, George Ray has been a disappointment so far, whilst I appreciate it's early doors Sid played a significant part in last season's triumph and IMO is a better central defender.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
21 August, 2019 14:36
Lynch me if you must I have never been a big Fan of MM yes he got us promoted twice but more by good luck it could easily have gone either way ,our luck was in its as simple as that ,at the moment he is clueless and making an absolute pigs ear of the season so far ,,he has signed this bunch ,it’s mostly his team and he still does not know his best team ,why leave Nelson out ,brilliant at the end of the season ,give Mullin at least 3/4 games to find his feet ,can’t do any worse .pick his what he thinks is the best side and give them at least 4games to see if they gel ,it’s like musical chairs ,fear Mellon has got us as far as he can ,we will get minced if he stays ,done a good job but I fear he is out of his depth ,it’s his team no one else to blame .as I said about Bolton game ,it said more about Bolton than us ,

rossb07
rossb07
21 August, 2019 14:56
How is it like musical chairs? We have a squad for a reason and the management staff pick the 18 from said squad that they believe will play the setup that they want and will go out and get a result.
If you want him to tinker more (which he hasn’t at all imo) then you’re contradicting yourself in that you want changes and do t want the team that he has been putting out to gel.

It’s a results business yes but we’re not as bad as you’d think. Conceded 4 very good goals in the league that we could do nothing about and not been dominated in any stretch of the imagination.
Stay up, enjoy the ride and go again next season. In Micky I trust.

DevonExile
DevonExile
21 August, 2019 15:04
Except for some resolve when we went down to nine last night was depressing. Teams can struggle without looking shambolic but that is what we were. Bristol Rovers are a poor side and not noticeably better than seven or eight of last year's Div 2 sides. For me there is the run, I think that our current starting eleven is weaker than the side we had in the last third of last season.
CBT was dire last night even before a outburst of petulance which probably owes more to character than to lack of experience.Banks was abysmal. The referee was not impressive and should have booked Wilson rather than Banks but the result was not down to him but to our own performance.At half time the need for change was obvious and top of that list was the two that were later sent off. Bristol Rovers were poor enough that with eleven we could still have got a draw.
Unlike recent seasons we are a team lacking character. The was in the past a sense of bonding that lifted supporters but that seems to have gone.The Brabin originated players that have left look better than their replacements

ADD
ADD
21 August, 2019 15:32
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Absolutely, George Ray has been a disappointment so far, whilst I appreciate it's early doors Sid played a significant part in last season's triumph and IMO is a better central defender.
Really - I would say Manny has also been very poor thus far this season - last night constant fouling! Yes it was funny watching the young Bolton lad bounce off him but he has been poor so far this season trying to still play leisurely and bully attackers with his bulk but being found out for pace at this level.
Our defence is poor full stop.

AndyMase
AndyMase
21 August, 2019 23:19
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
Jack of all Trades
Really - I would say Manny has also been very poor thus far this season - last night constant fouling! Yes it was funny watching the young Bolton lad bounce off him but he has been poor so far this season trying to still play leisurely and bully attackers with his bulk but being found out for pace at this level.
Our defence is poor full stop.
Agreed, leaking way to many goals, not really creating much, not handling set pieces well, currently we are looking like the 3rd relegation team, Bristol poor but they must be thinking well we are going to finish above tranmere, bolton and bury

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
22 August, 2019 00:31
I agree that a number of the players MM has brought into the squad this season have not, as yet, been a great success, and sadly, although it is still very early season, we do need to start getting our act together. On the bright side however, we have not always started off a new season that well, and have indeed called for MM to go as a result, only for him to get the team turned round, and get promoted ! I don't think MM is really the type of manager that whispers sweet nothings into his players ears when they let him down, so I think we should see what happens in the next few league matches before wanting him out .
My concern is around the performances of Ray, Ponticello?, Banks, Potter and Morris. I have left out Payne as he hasn't really done anything that poor yet.
Ferrier is coming along and seems to have some get up and go in him, but the real strength in the side appears to be coming from Perkins. He really has the work rate and attitude for the game and the club.
Staying up is our aim for this season, and MM will give the lads a reality check over the next week or so.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
22 August, 2019 02:26
Quote:
LongStandingFan
My concern is around the performances of Ray, Ponticello?, Banks, Potter and Morris.

Not sure what the concern is with Potter - he played well in his only start at Pompey.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/08/2019 02:27 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Kentexile
Kentexile
22 August, 2019 08:10
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
Lynch me if you must I have never been a big Fan of MM yes he got us promoted twice but more by good luck it could easily have gone either way ,our luck was in its as simple as that ,at the moment he is clueless and making an absolute pigs ear of the season so far ,,he has signed this bunch ,it’s mostly his team and he still does not know his best team ,why leave Nelson out ,brilliant at the end of the season ,give Mullin at least 3/4 games to find his feet ,can’t do any worse .pick his what he thinks is the best side and give them at least 4games to see if they gel ,it’s like musical chairs ,fear Mellon has got us as far as he can ,we will get minced if he stays ,done a good job but I fear he is out of his depth ,it’s his team no one else to blame .as I said about Bolton game ,it said more about Bolton than us ,

I don't think musical chairs is right. He picked the exact same starting 11 at Bristol Rovers as the last game against Bolton, despite RHB becoming available.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.