Latest news:

Danny Mayor
Discussion started by Tom Bombadil (IP Logged), 25 June, 2019 11:39
Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
25 June, 2019 11:39
Being mentioned again in the media as a target for Tranmere.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi
25 June, 2019 12:24
Think he’s going to Lincoln

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/06/2019 16:18 by trfc-boi.

DevonExile
DevonExile
25 June, 2019 12:25
All the indications are that he is joining Lowe at Plymouth

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
25 June, 2019 12:33
His contract with Bury ends on Sunday. He is likely to go somewhere he'll get his wages paid on time. If he doesn't want to upticks we may be in with a shout.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
25 June, 2019 13:22
I agree with Devon ,put my money on Plymouth with Lowe .Lowe was very popular with his players so it could be a case of “better the devil you know “

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
25 June, 2019 16:17
I would love to see him here. He had a brief loan spell at PP from Preston, more of an winger then, if memory serves me.

Danny has become a very good Div1/2 footballer but, no doubt will have many offers probably in a similar position to Nors out of contract and may attract a signing on fee.

jonesy792
jonesy792
25 June, 2019 16:39
He’d be a fantastic signing

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
25 June, 2019 16:51
No doubt about it he would require a signing on fee. Seen in a few places we are “in talks” with him. Easy to write but also id hope we would at least make an enquiry. Players will see what we have done with Norwood and wonder if they have an outstanding season with us perhaps they too can get a big move

rossb07
rossb07
25 June, 2019 18:17
Mayor already had his outstanding season last term and being just a month younger than Nors, I’d imagine had about the same scope (if slightly less) for improvement.

That being said, I wouldn’t turn my nose up if we did seriously go in for him as he can certainly do a job. Would maybe need a switch up of tactics but that’s something MM has done successfully over the last 2 years.

paulbyron
paulbyron
25 June, 2019 20:55
bury forum suggesting he,ll come here hope it comes off

DevonExile
DevonExile
25 June, 2019 22:40
Would be amazed if he came here. He has been linked with championship clubs and many will be after him.Would be great signing but he must surely get more than we can pay.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
25 June, 2019 22:54
Been told he was at solar campus yesterday (monday). Maybe just having a look but heres hoping

DevonExile
DevonExile
26 June, 2019 20:20
Reports suggest that tomorrow he will be announced as a Plymouth signing.Pity would have been a class signing

Bored rover
Bored rover
26 June, 2019 21:00
Quote:
DevonExile
Reports suggest that tomorrow he will be announced as a Plymouth signing.Pity would have been a class signing

Thats not a done deal, he's visiting another club tomorrow, theres a few clubs after him, I reckon we are in with a shout.

Goodison's Bicycle Kick
Goodison's Bicycle Kick
26 June, 2019 22:21
He's had a medical down in Plymouth today. Also spotted being shown around with his partner.

Bored rover
Bored rover
27 June, 2019 09:27
Quote:
Goodison's Bicycle Kick
He's had a medical down in Plymouth today. Also spotted being shown around with his partner.

He is visiting another Non North West Club today, not something you'd do if you've agreed terms and are about to be unveiled, probably shopping around.

ADD
ADD
27 June, 2019 10:16
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
Goodison's Bicycle Kick

He is visiting another Non North West Club today, not something you'd do if you've agreed terms and are about to be unveiled, probably shopping around.
Unfortunately Matt Jones says he has heard nothing about Mayor re Tranmere....would love it but I suspect out of our price bracket.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
27 June, 2019 10:42
Quote:
Bored rover
Quote:
Goodison's Bicycle Kick

Most likely Bolton they may have the same pay policy as Bury.

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
27 June, 2019 13:51
Ipswich now in the frame for Mayor.

gazza102
gazza102
01 July, 2019 14:19
Signed today for Plymouth.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
01 July, 2019 15:25
Unambitious move

DevonExile
DevonExile
01 July, 2019 16:26
Why? It is a club with a big fan base and the potential to well with a good manager and Mayor will know the qualities of Lowe. The destination was always a no brainer

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
01 July, 2019 16:45
As I said ,the devil you know, every time ,good club ,good manager ,and he will get paid .

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
01 July, 2019 16:55
Partially said tongue in cheek but Why? To step down a league from Bury to play the safe (and probably better paid option) when the likes of Ipswich were rumoured to be interested. Pushing 29 surely the aim is to play as high as possible for as long as possible. No guarantees Plymouth will be promoted. Lowes had one good season . Doesnt make him a good manager at least not yet. And yes im jealous!

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2019 17:00 by Uptonrover.

misterecoli
misterecoli
01 July, 2019 17:03
Maybe his ambition was just to get paid?

If someone had turned down a (rumoured) higher division club to join us we’d all be lauding him for loyalty to an ex manager, for not being drawn by the money, for putting regular football above being well paid on the bench etc .. etc..

As I see it, a rival are weakened by his departure, and he didn’t go to another team in this league

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
01 July, 2019 17:06
Danny Mayor signed by Plymouth 12 month contract with an option for extra year.

Viking Tranmere
Crazylegs Cranebird
04 July, 2019 22:48
Quote:
DevonExile
Why? It is a club with a big fan base and the potential to well with a good manager and Mayor will know the qualities of Lowe. The destination was always a no brainer

Tranmere's a club with a big fan base and tremendous potential!

MoanerLesser
AccountLogicsllDeleted
04 July, 2019 23:18
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Quote:
DevonExile

True, Plymouth have a smaller ground capacity until upgrade which still only takes it to 18k.

aktrfc
aktrfc
05 July, 2019 06:18
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Quote:
Viking Tranmere
Quote:
DevonExile

True, Plymouth have a smaller ground capacity until upgrade which still only takes it to 18k.

It’s got to be the same old story, all about the money.

ming05
ming05
05 July, 2019 07:19
Melon likes to play one up front with Jennings supporting them, it will be Mullin who will be main striker for me. And I think Mullin could do a job for us.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
05 July, 2019 09:43
Plymouth's actual and potential fan base is significantly bigger than ours and their stadium capacaity was only reduced because the old stand side was being redeveloped. They're a serious underachiever, relegated from League 1 (again) on average crowds of 10k, and the 35k they've taken to Wembley for each of their playoff finals shows what a successful side could tap into.

Geography helps with their support base but probably counts against them in attracting and keeping decent players, though. It'll be interesting to see if Lowe - a rookie who's now moving out of his comfort zone - can get some forward momentum into the club. I can see the attraction for the Bury boys but to stay in League 2 as a big fish in a small pond does put a slight question mark against their hunger to be the best they can be. Time will tell.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
05 July, 2019 18:50
Quote:
ming05
Melon likes to play one up front with Jennings supporting them, it will be Mullin who will be main striker for me. And I think Mullin could do a job for us.

Alternatively he could.

1. Use Jenning's upfront and play someone else behind.

2. Use someone like Taylor-Blackett upfront.

3. Bring in another striker.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

ming05
ming05
06 July, 2019 08:28
As said in comment , i said mullin could do a job for us. With jennings supporting him like did with Norwood.
Mullin for me is better than Taylor Blackett.

Odds aren't high for getting a proven striker in before season starts.
Rather not splash the cash on players and end up like bury and Bolton.

DevonExile
DevonExile
06 July, 2019 17:55
As. Already posted Exeter got Ajose this week and I doubt that they pay more than us

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/07/2019 17:57 by DevonExile.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.