Latest news:

The Club.
Discussion started by prentonpete1 (IP Logged), 24 June, 2019 09:23
prentonpete1
prentonpete1
24 June, 2019 09:23
I and my colleagues are a little concerned about
what's happening at the club rumours are rife here I believe a statement is imminent watch this space it's about time the powers that be came out
and quashed all these rumours and people should
not bury there heads in the sand.

ADD
ADD
24 June, 2019 09:48
Don't keep us in suspense PP....

prentonpete1
prentonpete1
24 June, 2019 09:52
Take over the 5 year plan has come to fruition that the Palios had we are now in the division one.

gary anderson
gary anderson
24 June, 2019 09:55
Let's face it we are always kept in the dark what's going in at our club and that's why rumours start .if the club where just to keep us informed what's going on good or bad then there would be no rumours just straight talking truth .it's frustrating but I would not worry to much I do t forsee a major disaster coming just wish the club would keep us informed better

rossb07
rossb07
24 June, 2019 10:50
The club keep us very informed with what’s going on when it’s finalised or happened.

Be rather silly for them to come out before anything has been done. It’s the same for every club that wants to maintain a good standing anyway.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
24 June, 2019 11:02
Rumours are everywhere in football and clubs rightly ignore them - as soon as you reply to one rumour you'd have to start responding to them all. You'd never get anything else done!

Palios recently said the next stage in the plan is to bring in outside investment. We can probably assume he's working on that. If and when there's anything else to say I expect he will.

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
24 June, 2019 14:07
And Rafa has just left Newcastle. New director of football TRFC. Or is that just another rumour.

What the Paliosi have done (as well as directed our return from hell) is put us in a very good position when touting for investment. Can you think of many other EFL1/EFL2/National league club having better credentials at the moment? Perhaps some of the bigger clubs in EFL1, but they can be a bigger risk than us in many ways in terms of wages and contracts.

The Paliosi have made us into a much more saleable club than we ever have been.

BELMONT
BELMONT
24 June, 2019 17:32
Quote:
Tom Bombadil
And Rafa has just left Newcastle. New director of football TRFC. Or is that just another rumour.
What the Paliosi have done (as well as directed our return from hell) is put us in a very good position when touting for investment. Can you think of many other EFL1/EFL2/National league club having better credentials at the moment? Perhaps some of the bigger clubs in EFL1, but they can be a bigger risk than us in many ways in terms of wages and contracts.

The Paliosi have made us into a much more saleable club than we ever have been.

Rumour is Rafa is heading for China £12million a year for top Chinese club for three years but again might be rumour

aktrfc
aktrfc
24 June, 2019 18:11
I’ve heard that MP has sold a buck chunk of his shares to a foreign company involved in batteries. This has come from a good source and been bubbling for a couple of months.

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
24 June, 2019 18:20
Ever Ready? Tesla? Duracell?. Probably the ones from the pound shop.

DevonExile
DevonExile
24 June, 2019 18:46
Rumours without a provenance are mere speculation. It is perfectly possible that MP is always on the look out for a buyer for he has always made it clear his is a rescue strategy and not an indefinite involvement but why in heavens name would a commercial negotiation be put in the public domain before anything was agreed. That might satisfy curiosity but it is not the best way to do business.
As for selling a big bunch of his share would not that mean that he had lost his controlling majority and would that not soon be a matter of record rather than rumour?

aktrfc
aktrfc
24 June, 2019 19:07
From what I’ve been told, it is just short of the controlling share, so MP remains in the driving seat.

prentonpete1
prentonpete1
24 June, 2019 19:38
See we actually signed somebody today.
I knew something was in the wind more to come I believe.
I can't take the accolades thou must be coincidence about time we wait imminently.

ADD
ADD
24 June, 2019 19:49
Quote:
aktrfc
From what I’ve been told, it is just short of the controlling share, so MP remains in the driving seat.
Makes sense the old 51%/ 49% shareholding split...wonder how the shares have been valued - is there enough value to be invested into the club or does it merely repay/ reduce the bank debt and the Palios' investment?

BELMONT
BELMONT
24 June, 2019 20:06
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
aktrfc
Makes sense the old 51%/ 49% shareholding split...wonder how the shares have been valued - is there enough value to be invested into the club or does it merely repay/ reduce the bank debt and the Palios' investment?

I will hold on to my shares they might be needed in a power fight between the main two shareholders.(Sm100)

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
24 June, 2019 20:19
Quote:
aktrfc
I’ve heard that MP has sold a buck chunk of his shares to a foreign company involved in batteries. This has come from a good source and been bubbling for a couple of months.

Should send us charging to promotion.

Kentexile
Kentexile
24 June, 2019 23:23
I don't understand the frustration. Why should MP announce something before it's agreed? He's made no secret of the fact that he's looking for investment. I would think that's about as open as he could reasonably be about something like that.

MoanerLesser
boredwiththewhingerssobyebye
24 June, 2019 23:57
[quote gary anderson]Let's face it we are always kept in the dark what's going in at our club and that's why rumours start .if the club where just to keep us informed what's going on good or bad then there would be no rumours just straight talking truth .it's frustrating but I would not worry to much I do t forsee a major disaster coming just wish

i dont knoew of any business that spends time giving its customers regular status reports on negotiations. nothing is ever certain until all parties have signed.

lets face it, theyd be damned if they informed us before anything happens and damned if they don't.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
25 June, 2019 10:57
Don’t expect any announcement in investment till it’s signed off ,as it should be ,but just wish the club would announce who is going to be offered new contracts .has been offered but thinking about it etc

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
25 June, 2019 11:16
Surely if the player has not been released then they have at least been offered a contract/are thinking about what they have been offered/in negotiations?

rossb07
rossb07
25 June, 2019 14:42
Same with players contracts, the club don't have to announce who's signed/leaving until the end of their contracts at the end of the month.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.