Latest news:

Summer transfer 2019
Discussion started by Rovers90 (IP Logged), 13 June, 2019 20:00
Rovers90
Rovers90
13 June, 2019 20:00
Let’s keep a thread going for incomings, outgoings etc.

Seems to be on the quiet side so far at PP. Fully understand that players are away but a lot of clubs still doing business and not long to go until pre-season

Any realistic rumours then post them below!

Incomings -

Outgoings - J.Norwood (Ipswich) Free, C.Stockton (Morecambe) Free, S.McNulty (released), P.Wharton (FC United) Free, B.Tollitt (released), J.Devine (Released)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2019 20:07 by Rovers90.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
13 June, 2019 23:06
Ryan Edwards - quite a few clubs after him, Bristol Rovers,Blackpool, Fleetwood and Rovers. Blackpool looking favs.

MoanerLesser
letthestatstellthetruth
13 June, 2019 23:43
Nowt so far

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/06/2019 15:06 by FredUrmson107in333.

pc1968
pc1968
14 June, 2019 14:11
as far as I know we have 7 players signed on until June 2020

1 Scott Davies
2 Mark Ellis
3 Jake Caprice
4 Harvey Gilmour
5 Conor jennings
6 David Perkins
7 Ollie Banks

Plus one until June 2021
8 Manny Monthe

I believe Mark Ellis wont't be fit until nearer christmas
and you could say Harvey Gilmour is a "fringe" member of the squad

I know there's a chant "we only need 10 men" but I think it will be difficut wth 7
a bit of rebuilding to do !

Kentexile
Kentexile
14 June, 2019 22:31
Quote:
pc1968
as far as I know we have 7 players signed on until June 2020
1 Scott Davies
2 Mark Ellis
3 Jake Caprice
4 Harvey Gilmour
5 Conor jennings
6 David Perkins
7 Ollie Banks

Plus one until June 2021
8 Manny Monthe

I believe Mark Ellis wont't be fit until nearer christmas
and you could say Harvey Gilmour is a "fringe" member of the squad

I know there's a chant "we only need 10 men" but I think it will be difficut wth 7
a bit of rebuilding to do !

So how about "10 more, we only need 10 more"

Rovers90
Rovers90
15 June, 2019 07:41
Tranmere target Ryan Edwards joins Blackpool on a 2 year deal

MoanerLesser
letthestatstellthetruth
15 June, 2019 10:43
Quote:
Rovers90

Went there as a last resort?

Loyden1
Loyden1
15 June, 2019 11:09
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Quote:
Rovers90

is he towering defender rock solid

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
15 June, 2019 11:32
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Quote:
Rovers90

is he towering defender rock solid

He will illuminate Blackpool

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
15 June, 2019 11:36
On the other hand, he could turn out to be a right donkey

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
15 June, 2019 16:57
Height wise,he's supposed to be the Big One.

Rovers90
Rovers90
16 June, 2019 17:51
Rotherham keen on Connor Jennings... Tranmere have already stated that he is not for sale. Hope these teams get the fecking message smiling smiley

Bored rover
Bored rover
16 June, 2019 18:38
We have been linked with Jack Hindle at Barrow and rumours that Andy Mangan has spoken to Micky

bheadlad
bheadlad
16 June, 2019 20:24
Quote:
Bored rover
We have been linked with Jack Hindle at Barrow and rumours that Andy Mangan has spoken to Micky
Andy has spoken about what?

MoanerLesser
letthestatstellthetruth
16 June, 2019 20:45
Quote:
bheadlad
Quote:
Bored rover
Andy has spoken about what?

Guidance on how to score a goal in open play? 😁

Tranmereinsider
Tranmereinsider
16 June, 2019 23:06
Quote:
Bored rover

Andy mangan will not sign for a 3rd time. I promise you that.

Jack Hindle just slight interest- can’t see us signing him

Goodison's Bicycle Kick
Goodison's Bicycle Kick
17 June, 2019 01:25
Angelo Alessio unveiled as Kilmarnock FC's new manager.

Thank god for that!

DevonExile
DevonExile
17 June, 2019 09:49
This is not a rumour more speculation about the type of signing that MM might make. Mat Sadler ex Shrewsbury captain may just fit his profile. He is known by Mellon and although a veteran is two years younger than McNulty and could just give the cover needed in the absence of Ellis

MoanerLesser
letthestatstellthetruth
17 June, 2019 09:53
Quote:
DevonExile
This is not a rumour more speculation about the type of signing that MM might make. Mat Sadler ex Shrewsbury captain may just fit his profile. He is known by Mellon and although a veteran is two years younger than McNulty and could just give the cover needed in the absence of Ellis

Think it may be simpler to say 'any available player' who had previously been managed by MM or who has been made available by a club MM has managed in the past.

DevonExile
DevonExile
17 June, 2019 10:18
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Quote:
DevonExile

Think it may be simpler to say 'any available player' who had previously been managed by MM or who has been made available by a club MM has managed in the past.

I agree but Sadler meets a very specific need for an experienced central defender to provide cover for just this year.Gumbs is untested at league level and may not even be fit

MoanerLesser
letthestatstellthetruth
17 June, 2019 11:50
Quote:
DevonExile
Quote:
FredUrmson107in333
Quote:
DevonExile

I agree but Sadler meets a very specific need for an experienced central defender to provide cover for just this year.Gumbs is untested at league level and may not even be fit

true. better a sadler than to be saddled....

Rovers90
Rovers90
17 June, 2019 13:22
Macaulay Bonne has joined Charlton on a 2 year deal... pretty certain I noticed something on the Facebook groups that we was interested.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
17 June, 2019 14:13
Lol immediately disregard anything that requires a fee!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/06/2019 14:14 by Uptonrover.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
18 June, 2019 07:57
If it says were interested it won’t happen 👍

MoanerLesser
letthestatstellthetruth
18 June, 2019 09:28
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
If it says were interested it won’t happen 👍

The only thing that will attract Tranmere's interest is its savings account

Rovers90
Rovers90
18 June, 2019 16:04
Evan Gumbs & Liam Ridehalgh sign new deals at Tranmere

Man in the Midlands
Man in the Midlands
18 June, 2019 16:27
Pleased about both. Liam gives 100% and Gumbs gas great potential

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
18 June, 2019 17:40
I like Gumbs ,but 9 months before he is fit ? 😳 will he get fit ,

Bored rover
Bored rover
18 June, 2019 18:18
Don’t get Gumbs he never plays and wasnt good enough to be considered in NL. I can only assume we pay him in Mars bars and get some sort of academy funding by keeping him on otherwise just a waste of wage we could boost an iffer yo a proper pro with

Tommy Egg
Tommy Egg
18 June, 2019 18:47
Very pleased Rides has signed .Had very good season when he came back from his injury and also pleased we have stood by Gumbs , hopefully when fit it , will repay
MM 's faith in him .He was very complimentary in Lincoln post match interview as we're many fans on posts after that match .

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
18 June, 2019 18:53
i dont think rides has it at this level.

hope i'm proved wrong, but was hoping we were going to strengthen the left back position

rossb07
rossb07
18 June, 2019 19:17
By signing Rides we have strengthened the LB position as we had no-one there signed up before today.

The lad gives his all for the club and that’s enough for me to want him to stay around.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
18 June, 2019 19:18
by strengthen i meant improve on rides.

love the lad, but i'm not sure he's where it's at at this level.

DevonExile
DevonExile
18 June, 2019 19:31
Agree Ross about his commitment and his value to the squad but his defensive qualities could be stretched beyond his ability. I would hope that we will look to bring in someone that is better in this department. As for Gumbs we have seen very little of either at national or div 2.level that shows his value. He is no longer a youth player and this must be a make or break season for him to demonstrate his value to the club. He has been unlucky with injury but it is also a long time since his debut with little sustained impact

MoanerLesser
letthestatstellthetruth
18 June, 2019 20:30
Quote:
DevonExile
Agree Ross about his commitment and his value to the squad but his defensive qualities could be stretched beyond his ability. I would hope that we will look to bring in someone that is better in this department. As for Gumbs we have seen very little of either at national or div 2.level that shows his value. He is no longer a youth player and this must be a make or break season for him to demonstrate his value to the club. He has been unlucky with injury but it is also a long time since his debut with little sustained impact

i trust MMs judgment and ability to get best out of the players.

pez
pez
18 June, 2019 20:42
Haven't we got a League obligation to have one accademy developed player on the bench?

I'm sure I read or heard that somewhere?

That would account for Gumbs getting another 12 month contract.

Goodison's Bicycle Kick
Goodison's Bicycle Kick
18 June, 2019 20:46
Surprised Gumbs wasn't released a long time ago. Barely good enough to get on the bench even when he's fully fit. Got absolutely nothing to his game.

rossb07
rossb07
18 June, 2019 21:09
I doubt he has nothing to his game on the basis that those who get to decide on his contract have deemed he does.

I honestly couldn’t tell you what type of CB he is due to having not seen him recently, I won’t hold that against the lad though as injuries comes part and parcel with the game.

Goodison's Bicycle Kick
Goodison's Bicycle Kick
18 June, 2019 21:58
Bang average in every department IMO.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
18 June, 2019 22:04
If Gumbs himself says he is going to be out for 7-9 months from now, then i doubt he has been given a contract to fulfill a developed player on the bench.

MoanerLesser
letthestatstellthetruth
18 June, 2019 23:10
Quote:
Goodison's Bicycle Kick
Bang average in every department IMO.

based on what games you have seen him in?

Bored rover
Bored rover
19 June, 2019 07:16
I didn’t realise Gumbs was long term injured explains the contract as a gesture of goodwill i would think

Kentexile
Kentexile
19 June, 2019 07:41
Haven't seen enough of Gumbs to have a view, but Rides was a no-brainer for me. Did little wrong since January and has the right attitude for MM to work with. Fully deserves a contract.
He's taken some@#$%&as well from some fans over the last couple of years and still stays positive. Plus he's the only member of our squad who's ever played for us in League 1.

LongStandingFan
LongStandingFan
23 June, 2019 17:36
What about Buxton, Zoom, McCullough (may have spelt that wrong?), Miller, Dagnall and loan player Smith ? What is their position on contracts and comings and goings,..anyone know please ?

Tranmereinsider
Tranmereinsider
24 June, 2019 10:38
Quote:
Rovers90
Let’s keep a thread going for incomings, outgoings etc.
Seems to be on the quiet side so far at PP. Fully understand that players are away but a lot of clubs still doing business and not long to go until pre-season

Any realistic rumours then post them below!

Incomings -

Outgoings - J.Norwood (Ipswich) Free, C.Stockton (Morecambe) Free, S.McNulty (released), P.Wharton (FC United) Free, B.Tollitt (released), J.Devine (Released)

George Ray will arrive from Crewe In the next few days

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
24 June, 2019 13:12
If were honest George Ray and James Vaughn would both be very good additions.

ShaunCH45
ShaunCH45
24 June, 2019 14:04
Wiki Already has him as a Tranmere Player!! says signed a 2 year deal

dicko111
dicko111
24 June, 2019 14:18
Who Ray or Vaughan ??

rossb07
rossb07
24 June, 2019 14:30
Quote:
ShaunCH45
Wiki Already has him as a Tranmere Player!! says signed a 2 year deal

That’ll just be because someone has seen a rumour and changed it. Wiki is only as reliable as the random person changing the print.

ADD
ADD
24 June, 2019 17:15
Not a rumour now - all official...

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
24 June, 2019 19:07
Dagnall linked with Wrexham according to their forum.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
24 June, 2019 19:38
Quote:
pez
Haven't we got a League obligation to have one accademy developed player on the bench?

I think there's an EFL ruling that you have to have 3 home grown contracted players on the staff. That would be Pringle, Gumbs and ??
As for Liam Ridehalgh weren't we in Div 1 when we loaned him from Huddersfield? We then signed him on the strength of his displays in Div1, so therefore he has proven himself in Lge1 previously.

Goodison's Bicycle Kick
Goodison's Bicycle Kick
25 June, 2019 00:16
Here's a shout... James Weir. Ex-Man U youth, signed for Hull City in 2017. Has barely played at all since he turned professional. Left-wing. Eye for a pass. Decent pace and movement.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
25 June, 2019 01:20
Notice Jake Cassidy has signed for Maidenhead.

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
25 June, 2019 04:27
Will Jake ever get settled anywhere for a decent amount of time? He is forever moving from club to club.

Bored rover
Bored rover
25 June, 2019 06:37
Quote:
Prenton Pirate
Notice Jake Cassidy has signed for Maidenhead.

I think he would do well here under Micky, he has the basis of a good player just needs bringing on

gary anderson
gary anderson
25 June, 2019 07:23
You may be right I don't know but cassidy has not realy settled at any club and now finds himself at a part time NL club .showed a lot of promiss but never realy kicked on .but agree if any one could bring out the best in a player it's mm .but what ever I wish the lad well and hope he can show his early form

ADD
ADD
25 June, 2019 08:09
Quote:
Prenton Pirate
Quote:
pez

I think there's an EFL ruling that you have to have 3 home grown contracted players on the staff. That would be Pringle, Gumbs and ??
As for Liam Ridehalgh weren't we in Div 1 when we loaned him from Huddersfield? We then signed him on the strength of his displays in Div1, so therefore he has proven himself in Lge1 previously.
We offered contracts to 2 youth players so assuming they sign we have 4?

martyd12
martyd12
26 June, 2019 11:29
Jack Byrne from Shamrock City latest name in the frame. A midfielder he was at Man City's academy.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
26 June, 2019 19:09
Some decent potential being brought in, but I feel a little more balance could be achieved. So far it's either over 30's or people with less than 5 full seasons. A couple of 150-250 game players in the mid to late 20's would add a bit mroe balance, because if injuries occur, would Tranmere be fielding mostly under 23's and 2-3 over 30's?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
26 June, 2019 21:49
Do you know what. To-day must have been a serious blow for the whingers. Two promotions a ruck of potential in the squad, forward momentum, decent management increasing gates.

It must be sheer hell for them.

(and for long may it continue because we had enough time struggling)

Kentexile
Kentexile
26 June, 2019 22:07
Good day's business today! Happy with that lot!

Goodison's Bicycle Kick
Goodison's Bicycle Kick
26 June, 2019 22:14
Niall Ennis. Watch this space...

martyd12
martyd12
27 June, 2019 08:48
Ennis is a very good player but presumably he would only come on loan!

gary anderson
gary anderson
27 June, 2019 11:09
Would be a good signing even on loan .there is for sure a buzz round prenton park at moment long may it continue

bheadlad
bheadlad
27 June, 2019 22:37
So did Pringle go to another club Or did he receive an offer from MM and hasn’t signed
Surprised they didn’t mention Mc Cullough unless they don’t want him
Is there such an arrangement that they can have him on the books while he recovers or just reassess when he is fit and he is out of contract

dicko111
dicko111
28 June, 2019 07:44
As i have said prevoiusly when i asked Luke if he were still a Tranmere player he adamantly said yes although he had had a few at the time

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.