Latest news:

usa 13 thailand 0
Discussion started by the baldy one (IP Logged), 12 June, 2019 07:33
the baldy one
the baldy one
12 June, 2019 07:33
what a game last night in the womens world cup. usa the holders and favourites were unreal v Thailand. poster girl alex morgan got 5 goals and had 1 chalked off. they then brought on all time usa top scorer carly Lloyd and she scored goal 13. in the last world cup final in 2015 - usa beat china 5-2 and carly Lloyd got 3 including 1 from the halfway line. but last night it was 3-0 at halftime and usa got 10 goals in the 2nd half including 4 goals in 6 minutes. you cannot compare usa to England - usa have got about 10 girls who can score goals - England have got about 3. if both teams carry on winning they will meet in the semi finals - I feel sorry for England if that happens. both carly Lloyd and alex morgan have scored over 100 goals each for their country in international football so usa will definitely win it again. there is no one to touch them.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
12 June, 2019 10:50
Am I alone in thinking the girls should play on smaller pitches and have smaller goals.

The standard of football is awful.

Prenton Pirate
Prenton Pirate
12 June, 2019 11:28
I did watch the last 20 minutes of this, after watching Hungary v Wales (could have won if Bale hadn't missed a sitter), just to see how many they would get. It did nothing for women's football or Thailand for that matter. Just looked liked a bunch of schoolgirls against adults. Truly pathetic.
Watching women's football reminds me of watching an under 12's boys game. It's also good for its comedic value, the keepers look like the ones who were@#$%&at playing outfield when teams were selected at school. Some of them looked scared of the ball!

Bored rover
Bored rover
12 June, 2019 15:16
Quote:
mrGr33n13
Am I alone in thinking the girls should play on smaller pitches and have smaller goals.
The standard of football is awful.

In 2 years the goals will be made smaller

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
12 June, 2019 16:44
Watch out for the pc brigade. They will be charging over the hill any.moment.....now

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
12 June, 2019 16:47
Quote:
Uptonrover
Watch out for the pc brigade. They will be charging over the hill any.moment.....now

lol, the pc brigade aka the ministry of misery.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
12 June, 2019 18:38
I'm going to take one for the women here, well, not literally!
Going as far back as the 1938 World Cup and until recent times there's been some heavy defeats and some woeful football in the men's game.
Hungary beating El Salvador 10-1, Yugoslavia beating Zaire 9-0, Hungary beating South Korea 9-0, Sweden beating Cuba 8-0 and who can forget Germany beating Brazil 7-1!
Watching Thailand's defeat yeterday was as painful as it gets (like a kick in the gonads and yes, it's more painful than giving birth......tempted to start a poll on that one, but it'll get pulled before your Mrs has time to test the pain threshold theory!).
Mr Norwood would have been proud of a couple of those finishes yesterday!

Loyden1
Loyden1
12 June, 2019 20:31
I think the England team play better with nobbs she is a good striker and gets in behind the opposition .

Bored rover
Bored rover
12 June, 2019 20:56
[www.google.co.uk]

Interestingly i thought the US were really good, its not unusual to het Hefty score lines in group games in either the mens or women's games, that Morgan looked like shes be a good replacement for Norwood!

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
12 June, 2019 22:25
It was a total farce.

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
13 June, 2019 16:00
See they are being criticized for over-celebrating..thats ridiculous,,They can celebrate as much as they want, its the World Cup - take no prisoners..

bumhobo33
bumhobo33
13 June, 2019 16:14
Quote:
hong kong rover
See they are being criticized for over-celebrating..thats ridiculous,,They can celebrate as much as they want, its the World Cup - take no prisoners..

Here in the states the general consensus is:score as much as you want but dont be unsportsmanlike. Probably went a bit overboard on some celebrations but if you dont like it than keep the ball out of the net...

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
13 June, 2019 20:15
Remember a while back the snowflake pc brigade put forward a suggestion once a team got so many goals in a game ,they should stop scoring anymore because it might traumatise and dent the confidence of the beaten team ,for God’s sake when I was a youngster I and I think all of us took a pasting at sometime someone asked how you got on “lost 14-0” .no counselling end of subject ,vowed to try and do better next game .not unexpected score ,the Americans once they decided soccer was the new thing they just threw money at it get the best people in ,yanks are winners ,they get the best of everything .like the Aussies,who will probably play ,swim whatever to win .poor Thailand probably came by third class ,bare facilities .its a complete mis match but it’s the World Cup ,you pays your money you takes your chance not impressed with England last 3/4 times I have watched them 3/4 th spot for them I think but I will probably be wrong as usual

the baldy one
the baldy one
14 June, 2019 08:54
can I just say - the way usa women played v Thailand they would of beaten mens teams like southport or chester they were outstanding. come on usa.

mrGr33n13
mrGr33n13
14 June, 2019 21:11
They were recently beaten by an under 15 boys team, so I doubt that is true

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.