Latest news:

Ash Taylor or Sid Nelson?
Discussion started by theonewiththeflask (IP Logged), 18 May, 2019 08:11
theonewiththeflask
theonewiththeflask
18 May, 2019 08:11
Just interested in this one. Sid been quality since came into the side but will he want to make move permanently North? Ash Taylor been made available for transfer...definitely move North. I know hes been a tool when playing against us but surely a quality centre half at this level and him and Manny be unbelievably secure back pair. Worth a punt?

Bored rover
Bored rover
18 May, 2019 08:29
Nelson everyday of the week, far superior player

Uglybob
Uglybob
18 May, 2019 08:29
Quote:
theonewiththeflask
Just interested in this one. Sid been quality since came into the side but will he want to make move permanently North? Ash Taylor been made available for transfer...definitely move North. I know hes been a tool when playing against us but surely a quality centre half at this level and him and Manny be unbelievably secure back pair. Worth a punt?
No . Deffo Sid ( Or Ellis when fit ) .

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere
18 May, 2019 09:10
If Manny goes the answer is simple.. BOTH!

Those 2, plus Mark Ellis would cover all eventualities.

Still fond memories of the Taylor-Gibbo partnership

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
18 May, 2019 09:49
Sid....wouldnt mind shaun pearson from wrexham if available.

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
18 May, 2019 10:27
Sid all the way.

Itsalldownhillfromhere
Itsalldownhillfromhere
18 May, 2019 10:43
Sid and Mark Ellis looked very relible with good pace and strength in the air.

DevonExile
DevonExile
18 May, 2019 15:54
I would not even consider Ash Taylor we have fat better options.Even at his peak he was no more than average. As a general principle I prefer not to see ex players come back for few rarely make an impact

pez
pez
18 May, 2019 15:59
Ash Taylor is a no from me!

When he left here, it's a wonder he could fit his head through the door.

He was one of those players who thought he was better than he actually was.

Let's not keep suggesting that we go for every ex Rovers player, they usually turn out to be total failures, and we end up paying them to sit on the bench every week.

Bored rover
Bored rover
18 May, 2019 16:19
Quote:
pez
Ash Taylor is a no from me!
When he left here, it's a wonder he could fit his head through the door.

He was one of those players who thought he was better than he actually was.

Let's not keep suggesting that we go for every ex Rovers player, they usually turn out to be total failures, and we end up paying them to sit on the bench every week.

Agree and let’s be honest any ex Rovers player still knocking about was just part of our decline and therefore not good enough, we’re on the way up and need input.

paulbyron
paulbyron
18 May, 2019 16:42
Quote:
DevonExile
I would not even consider Ash Taylor we have fat better options.Even at his peak he was no more than average. As a general principle I prefer not to see ex players come back for few rarely make an impact
FAT better options you mean steve then devon!!!!!

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
18 May, 2019 16:43
Sid Nelson no doubt if we had to choose only one from these two.

mill park white
mill park white
18 May, 2019 18:06
Ash Taylor was one of the worst passers of the ball ever to wear the white shirt. Could defend a bit though.

We always get excited when ex players become available. It hardly ever works out well when they return.

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
18 May, 2019 18:35
Sid, Manny and Ellis will do me

Uglybob
Uglybob
18 May, 2019 19:05
Quote:
mill park white
Ash Taylor was one of the worst passers of the ball ever to wear the white shirt. Could defend a bit though.
We always get excited when ex players become available. It hardly ever works out well when they return.
Ash Taylor's defence policy was ' HOOF ' . I think he found Borough Rd more times than he found a White shirt !

Prenton oldpup
Prenton oldpup
18 May, 2019 20:28
Ash Williams leaving Everton this season

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
18 May, 2019 22:08
Considering he can play midfield and defense, he could be useful, but I think it would make sense to bring in Taylor and Nelson, rather than Taylor instead of Nelson.

As for players being part of the decline, Tranmere had a 19 / 20 goal player in Ryan Lowe that was part of a relegation season, who was then slagged off because the club wouldn't extend his deal and I don't see too many people wishin Fon Williams had left after that relgation season.

Tranmere's decline was down to several things, including a previous owner not doing enough to bring in the partners and sponsors to help finance better players, like the Palios' have done and also the things in the final league one season, that included two players and a manager accused of financial misconduct and a players illness, that were supposedly affecting team mentality and performances and then after relgation a couple of managers who were not right.

There may have been one or two other things, but some of the players incolved in the decline were good enough, it's other factors that got in the way of Tranmere having good some better players or the good existing players making more impact.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Uglybob
Uglybob
18 May, 2019 22:44
Quote:
Matt34
Considering he can play midfield and defense, he could be useful, but I think it would make sense to bring in Taylor and Nelson, rather than Taylor instead of Nelson.
As for players being part of the decline, Tranmere had a 19 / 20 goal player in Ryan Lowe that was part of a relegation season, who was then slagged off because the club wouldn't extend his deal and I don't see too many people wishin Fon Williams had left after that relgation season.

Tranmere's decline was down to several things, including a previous owner not doing enough to bring in the partners and sponsors to help finance better players, like the Palios' have done and also the things in the final league one season, that included two players and a manager accused of financial misconduct and a players illness, that were supposedly affecting team mentality and performances and then after relgation a couple of managers who were not right

There may have been one or two other things, but some of the players incolved in the decline were good enough, it's other factors that got in the way of Tranmere having good some better players or the good existing players making more impact.
You're second paragraph is spot on Matt about Lowe and I've flight his corner in conversations a number of times . Ryan Lowe was a great player for us bagging ( I think ) 21 goals for us in his last season . I seem to remember that for family and personal security he was holding out for a 2 or 3 year deal from us - we offered him 12 month contract . He sought that security elsewhere - Bury . I was at the first away game at Gigg lane after leaving and jeez did he get some stick from some , you'd swear he'd ate their first born ! Chants of ' There's only one greedy bast@rd ' rang around . What the hell did these people want ?! It still ranks with me now . He gave his all for our club and moved on because we couldn't give him the security he needed . Unfortunately I can't feel the same about Ash . He was young , got an offer , moved on , and of .

kennyspint
kennyspint
19 May, 2019 01:22
Agree about Lowe very brave committed player. Went for a far post header and put his head where the defender had his elbow. Big smack on the head. Can't remember the game but in front of the Kop

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
19 May, 2019 02:07
Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
mill park white
Ash Taylor's defence policy was ' HOOF ' . I think he found Borough Rd more times than he found a White shirt !

Lol

ADD
ADD
19 May, 2019 10:56
Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
mill park white
Supposedly going back to Aberdeen...good hoof to reach Borough Road from there....

Uglybob
Uglybob
19 May, 2019 11:43
Quote:
ADD
Quote:
Uglybob
Quote:
mill park white
Supposedly going back to Aberdeen...good hoof to reach Borough Road from there....
Ha Ha , nice one ADD smiling smiley

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
04 June, 2019 18:07
Ash Taylor has rejoined Aberdeen.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
04 June, 2019 18:17
Thank god for that ,but what about Nelson ,I know he wants to stay and he would be a good signing ,can only get better ,sign him up

DevonExile
DevonExile
04 June, 2019 18:26
Has the club announced its retained list together with those being offered new contracts?Last year there was an announcement very soon after the play offs

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
05 June, 2019 00:27
Nothing official ,you would think it would be sorted by now ,I think MM knew who he wanted weeks ago ,very slow announcing ,at least the players need to know ASAP how they stand

AndyMase
AndyMase
05 June, 2019 10:27
I assume the players we want to keep have been offered and are thinking them over or negotiating the deal. Cant expect anything to be announced until a decision made and agreed

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.