nicer fellow.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
01 May, 2019 10:01
Quote:
prentonpete1
Congrats to Ryan Lowe it couldn't happen to a
nicer fellow.

Wait now for the @#$%& to hit the fan(Sm157)

martyd12
martyd12
01 May, 2019 10:08
I understand That Mayor is the first player to be sold. Off to Lincoln on £8000 a week!
A mere drop in the ocean if they are £14 million in debt. Yes they are up but they will come back down again particularly if they get a hefty points deduction which is likely if they go into administration .

jal jal
jal jal
01 May, 2019 10:13
Quote:
martyd12
I understand That Mayor is the first player to be sold. Off to Lincoln on £8000 a week!
A mere drop in the ocean if they are £14 million in debt. Yes they are up but they will come back down again particularly if they get a hefty points deduction which is likely if they go into administration .

I wish it was true Marty, but DC would not want to pay him that much or we would be in the same position as Bury are in (Sm22)

Itsalldownhillfromhere
Itsalldownhillfromhere
01 May, 2019 10:20
Mayor was their standout player last night. It just shows the iniquity in the way clubs are run.... Massively in debt, then into administration, a new buyer gets a clean slate and the promotion stands all be it with a points deduction the next season. So much for financial fair play.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi
01 May, 2019 10:51
@OnePodBeyond on twitter
Makes a good point
Doesn’t sit right at all, this. Bury owe the taxman £250k and players were only paid thanks to a loan from the PFA. Can’t afford your squad? You shouldn’t be promoted, simple as that. @EFL should be enforcing fairplay, not celebrating promotion bought on the never never.

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere
01 May, 2019 11:08
I feel most sorry for the team that finish 4th - and it will be either Mansfield or MK Dons. They will be seething with Bury's promotion.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
01 May, 2019 12:10
Quote:
trfc-boi
@OnePodBeyond on twitter
Makes a good point
Doesn’t sit right at all, this. Bury owe the taxman £250k and players were only paid thanks to a loan from the PFA. Can’t afford your squad? You shouldn’t be promoted, simple as that. @EFL should be enforcing fairplay, not celebrating promotion bought on the never never.

Totally agree. The way points deductions and punishments are handled for clubs in financial difficulties are a complete farce.

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
01 May, 2019 12:16
Its the likes of Leicester that annoy me, build a lovely new stadium then go into administration so in effect get it for free.

hong kong rover
hong kong rover
01 May, 2019 12:34
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
trfc-boi
@OnePodBeyond on twitter
Makes a good point

Totally agree. The way points deductions and punishments are handled for clubs in financial difficulties are a complete farce.

+2

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
01 May, 2019 12:36
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
trfc-boi
@OnePodBeyond on twitter
Makes a good point

+2

+3

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
01 May, 2019 13:29
Quote:
martyd12

A reaction on the Bury site to your post Marty:-

''My sides are still aching from seeing a post from an ITK, (aren't they all), Tranmere fan saying Danny will be first out of the door this summer. Reckons he's definitely off to Lincoln on £8000 a week, don't know which is funnier him signing for Lincoln or that they're in a position to pay £8000 per week.''

Borough Roaderd
Tranmere69
01 May, 2019 17:48
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
trfc-boi
@OnePodBeyond on twitter
Makes a good point

+2

+3

+4

gary anderson
gary anderson
01 May, 2019 18:47
Quote:
Tranmere69
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
trfc-boi
@OnePodBeyond on twitter
Makes a good point

+2

+3

+4

gary anderson
gary anderson
01 May, 2019 18:47
Quote:
gary anderson
Quote:
Tranmere69
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
trfc-boi
@OnePodBeyond on twitter
Makes a good point
Doesn’t sit right at all, this. Bury owe the taxman £250k and players were only paid thanks to a loan from the PFA. Can’t afford your squad? You shouldn’t be promoted, simple as that. @EFL should be enforcing fairplay, not

celebrating promotion bought on the never never.

+2

+3

+4
+5and very 2ell said and so true

DevonExile
DevonExile
01 May, 2019 19:28
I agree that the whole Fair Play regulations are insffectual. But is there any evidence that Bury have been paying more in wages than other clubs with the same turnover?
Poor owners can run a club badly,or filter money out of a club without paying players over the odds. Should the punishment for Bury be higher than if they had finished say 4th and lost in the play offs. That seems illogical.The same is true of a ten point deduction it hurts some teams but not others.
It may seem draconian but I would rather see a situation where any club that fails to pay wages or goes into administration is docked 30 points. That would deny promotion to those at the top and pretty well assure relegation to any outside the top spots.
It is not a matter of being punitive on supporters but it is about discouraging bad practice. Likewise any owner in such a situation should be banned from involvement in football for at least ten years.

Viking Tranmere
Viking Tranmere
02 May, 2019 09:39
The EFL should do what the SFL did to Gretna, simple as that.
What we saw on Tuesday was nothing short of a farce.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark
02 May, 2019 10:28
The Bury situation is very different to Gretna.

Under the older owners it was more similar to Hull and Luton - investing millions on something on something utterly unsustainable unless there is a major change of fortune. That is not financial planning, ambition or creative working - it is gambling with other people's money and shouldn't be allowed.

Under the new owners, they've tried to stay within their means, but the lasting problems from the previous gamble not paying off will have many unexpected issues. You can buy a club with an expectation of how much you'll get from a catering contract, but if the previous owners have burnt bridges with the local companies you won't get a fraction of that.

I don't see Bury as having spent heavily to win promotion - they aren't signing League One players at League One prices to get up. They have some players they were stuck with on large contracts, but had a good manager put together the right squad and, since last summer, have tried to live within their means - however hard that is.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi
22 May, 2019 21:40
Bury's unpaid players have called on chairman Steve Dale to sell the club before he brings it "to its knees
Players have not been paid for 12 weeks and want the chairman to walk away

DevonExile
DevonExile
23 May, 2019 12:43
If the players have not been paid regents does it not follow that the club has broken its contract meaning that players are in fact free agents and the club cannot therefore gain the benefit of a fee?

gary anderson
gary anderson
23 May, 2019 13:18
Something about this bury costastrophy stinks players not paid for 12 weeks owe taxman £1600000.how can a club get away with not paying wages for 12 weeks it's all a bit fishy to me .another bad run club like Bolton the mac .and a few others all in deep money problems .maybe it's time the efl made a example and throw them out of the league .clubs must be made to run within there means not being allowed to spend money they have not even got cos in the end it's the fans that suffer and all becouse these idiots buy these clubs and run them into the ground .it's got to stop these owners need to be held account for there actions

paulbyron
paulbyron
23 May, 2019 14:43
bangor fc docked 42 pts for financial irregularities amongst things

Kentexile
Kentexile
23 May, 2019 14:57
While I'm disgusted at Bury who should be punished, I don't think Ryan Lowe's to blame for any of this - it's a mess he inherited. In the meantime he was just doing his job and doing it very well given the circumstances. I've got more time for him after his recent punditry on Sky - he sounded like a Tranmere fan.

gary anderson
gary anderson
23 May, 2019 15:04
Agree with you no way was it lowes fault or the players .it's these so called owners who coused all these problems but these greedy selfish crooks just walk away and look for there next victims leaving the club in a mess and threat of winding up or even town out the league these greedy stupid owners need to be made to pay for the mess and and held account .I feel sorry for the fans of these clubs .Bolton and bury in a mess due to idiot owners playing big time Charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/05/2019 15:05 by gary anderson.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi
23 May, 2019 21:48
Chairman now says he has incurable illness

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
23 May, 2019 21:59
Yes it's called fiscal dementia, where you cannot remember how much or what you can legitimately spend and just spend any old amount on stuff.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

bheadlad
bheadlad
24 May, 2019 04:04
If bury are wound up would that mean the fourth from bottom L1 gets a reprieve

martyd12
martyd12
24 May, 2019 09:43
Or could it mean that the runners up in the Play Off final would gain promotion!? And what happens if Bolton fold too. Perhaps unlikely but possible! And have Coventry resolved their ground problems? I assume they have but don't know as I have just returned from the Outer Hebrides where there is little or no internet!

ADD
ADD
24 May, 2019 15:50
The last team relegated would be spared is how it how it has worked as far as I am aware...

Brenk
Brenk
25 May, 2019 08:22
Ryan Lowe obviously not impressed. About to be signed up by Plymouth Argyle apparently.

Import
Import
25 May, 2019 08:59
Quote:
ADD
The last team relegated would be spared is how it how it has worked as far as I am aware...

That's how it works up until the conclusion of POs, after which L1 will operate with 23 clubs.

ADD
ADD
25 May, 2019 10:29
Quote:
Import
Quote:
ADD

That's how it works up until the conclusion of POs, after which L1 will operate with 23 clubs.
Ok thanks for clarifying Imp... BTW thanks for the kind words on the match thread!!

trfc-boi
trfc-boi
30 May, 2019 18:22
Bury boss Ryan Lowe has agreed a deal to become Plymouth manager.

aktrfc
aktrfc
30 May, 2019 18:35
Well Micky best not go anywhere, because Lowe would have been a good replacement. Are Plymouth not in league 2? Step down

coltran
coltran
30 May, 2019 18:40
At least he'll get paid at Plymouth

aktrfc
aktrfc
30 May, 2019 18:42
Well if MM does move on, Lowe will be kicking himself

Tom Bombadil
Tom Bombadil
30 May, 2019 18:43
Quite a well supported club Plymouth. Despite him jumping ship with us, I think he showed his true colours during the play off semis and final about how he felt about Tranmere. Who knows perhaps he may become a Tranmere manager one day.

trfc-boi
trfc-boi
30 May, 2019 18:44
Bury financial crisis deepens amid pressure over £4.2m loan
• Loan is from former owner Stewart Day’s property company
• Club face winding-up petition and owner says debt is £8m

Promoted to League One last month, Bury have a series of loans from a company, Capital Bridging Finance Solutions, taken out during Day’s tenure at the club, which Dale says now total £3.7m and carry interest of almost £1,500 a day. In 2014, one of Day’s companies took out a £1m loan, guaranteed by the football club and secured on Gigg Lane, at 10% interest a month, a cumulative 138% annually. That loan is recorded as having been satisfied and new loans were subsequently taken out, secured on Gigg Lane, including the outstanding one.

aktrfc
aktrfc
30 May, 2019 18:53
I’m just surprised he signed now, not doubt he’s a bloody good manager to get a team like bury with all there troubles promoted. Thought he might have held out for a higher league. All the best to him though, he asked for a 2 year contract with us and our old mate jezer would only offer him 1, so he went. Not his fault and I feel that had he stayed, we would not have gone into the decline we did.

Don’t shoot me for this, but I think he was a better striker than Nors. I’ll take cover now.😮

martyd12
martyd12
30 May, 2019 18:58
The reason the judge was prepared to adjourn the proceedings until June 22nd was that there are apparently " three expressions of interest " in purchasing the club! I imagine the judge will require some concrete evidence on the next occasion that some party has the wherewithal to pay off the debts and start afresh. Otherwise liquidation is a very real possibility.

DevonExile
DevonExile
30 May, 2019 19:34
Judges are rightly loathe to see a football club liquidated. Administration is often a better option,as at Bolton but I think that it is only the owner that can put a club into administration and Dale has so far shown no inclination to do so.The Bury saga shows yet again how poor the EFL is in vetting potential owners. It is reported that Dale bought a dozen or so businesses and took all of them into administration.
The more I read of other clubs the more I am grateful for the integrity of MP

AndyMase
AndyMase
30 May, 2019 20:15
Quote:
aktrfc

Don’t shoot me for this, but I think he was a better striker than Nors. I’ll take cover now.😮
Certainly a better finisher

4ever_Yardley
4ever_Yardley
30 May, 2019 20:38
If Bolton and Bury start the season with points deducted (how can you deduct what you don’t already have?!) that could mean there will only be one relegation spot to contest.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
30 May, 2019 21:15
It simply means if you have been deducted 12points you only start to accrue points once you have acquired 12points .so when you have 13 points you have in fact 1

Loyden1
Loyden1
30 May, 2019 23:23
Quote:
martyd12
The reason the judge was prepared to adjourn the proceedings until June 22nd was that there are apparently " three expressions of interest " in purchasing the club! I imagine the judge will require some concrete evidence on the next occasion that some party has the wherewithal to pay off the debts and start afresh. Otherwise liquidation is a very real possibility.
wouldn't you think all these proceedings should be finished before the fixtures are released

ADD
ADD
30 May, 2019 23:48
Quote:
Loyden1
Quote:
martyd12
wouldn't you think all these proceedings should be finished before the fixtures are released
Doesn't matter now - if Bury are liquidated there will be 23 teams in L1 next season...

Bored rover
Bored rover
31 May, 2019 07:48
Bury wont be liquidated, administrators and points deducted. But should they be liquidated there is also the Bolton fiasco to contend with: Bolton will start with less than minus 12 as its a minimum minus 12 for going into administration could be up to 15, they are still yet to face punishment for failing to complete the fixture list which could be a large fine and points deduction conceivable that maybe -30 points in total, or I believe Bolton can be excluded from the league for failing to fulfil a fixture list but cant see that. It could be the case that come 31st of August there are are only 3 relegation places with Bolton starting 20-30 points behind with no money so an effective 2 relegation places only.

gary anderson
gary anderson
05 June, 2019 17:02
I see adams has left bury think a few more will follow soon that club are in such a mess they have no money they owe over 8 million soon they will have hardly any players points deduction more than likely at start of seson could even be wound up and thrown out the efl .how on earth was it allowed to get so far out if control

trfc-boi
trfc-boi
05 June, 2019 18:21
Strange they where so happy getting promoted, great celebration scenes at PP

DevonExile
DevonExile
05 June, 2019 18:35
Their owner has a history of buying up businesses and then liquidating the company. Administration is the usual,route in this situation but it An owner does not want to go down that route then liquidation is highly likely.
With just ten days to go before a court hearing the chances of anew owner coming in reduce by the day

paulbyron
paulbyron
05 June, 2019 18:55
adams signs for northampton

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
14 June, 2019 15:26
Noticed Bury have signed Ryan Horne for a further twelve months to keep him there till June 2020 as they prepare to build up their squad, but don't they have to pay players first think they would hang fire till they see what happens next first.

Edit wrong Bury, it's Bury Town mind you didn't there was another team.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/06/2019 15:29 by BELMONT.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.