Latest news:

FGR
Discussion started by Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged), 23 October, 2018 09:50
Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
23 October, 2018 09:50
I am going for a 1-0 win on this one ,have to play better than Saturday so quietly confident ,but will be happy with a draw

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
23 October, 2018 09:59
FGR not been beaten at home yet. Hopefully we can come away with all 3pts. FGR just seem to draw draw draw at home.

the baldy one
the baldy one
23 October, 2018 11:10
To be honest with everyone- due to the fact that forest green rovers only escaped relegation from league 2 on goal difference last season and then selling their best player and top scorer Christian doidge to Bolton wanderers I thought they would finish bottom of the league this season. but as we speak they are actually doing better without him than with him which is very strange. they have only lost once and that was 2-1 away to Northampton town in the 98th minute. but seeing nearly half our team used to play for FGR - james norwood, many monthe, mark ellis, drissa Diallo, I am going for a 1-0 win for us with johnny smith getting the goal.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
23 October, 2018 11:24
I see that FGR were recently awarded the accolade of being the worlds most eco-friendly football club..Are their plans for a brand new all timber stadium still on hold or has it been scrapped? I wonder what culinary delights are on offer on their snack bar menu tonight? Veggie burgers? Lentil Soup? Nut cutlets? Rice cakes? Cow manure patties?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/10/2018 11:31 by hong kong rover.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
23 October, 2018 12:20
Waste of time you turning up HKR .not a pie in sight not heard anymore about new stadium but I am sure it will happen .its more a question we’re to Locate it for the best encatchment area

chrisprover
chrisprover
23 October, 2018 12:24
Forest Green seem to be playing well I don't know why but a 2-2 draw for this Banks and Norwood.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
23 October, 2018 12:57
The new stadium, in an unpopulated area next to the M5, is still a go-er. No idea on timescale though.

Our two previous games at FGR have been good ones. Plus we owe them one for Wembley, so we should be well up for this. Tough game but I fancy us to at least get a draw.

SeeJayKay
SeeJayKay
23 October, 2018 13:41
Can’t go tonight but will be interesting to see/hear if they are still the same horrible team they were in the NL.
I hope we smash ‘em 4-0

Loyden1
Loyden1
23 October, 2018 15:49
Can't go so paid £10 to watch ifollow for ist time.nice bowl of stew iready

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
23 October, 2018 16:02
Way to go Loyden 👍

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
23 October, 2018 16:08
Hi Loyden, its FGR tonight, it better be a veggie stew lol..Dale Vince wont be happy if it isnt. Meat free zones watchin' his sides.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/10/2018 16:26 by hong kong rover.

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons
23 October, 2018 16:50
Might bite the bullet for ifollow, how much do the club get?

Hardly Irons
Hardly Irons
23 October, 2018 16:50
Also 1-1 Norwood

paulbyron
paulbyron
23 October, 2018 17:02
as with every game this season I haven't a clue as to the score we score 4 at Morecombe beat Lincoln then struggle to beat macc, so just hope we get a result of some sort but also improve on Saturdays performance

paulbyron
paulbyron
23 October, 2018 19:19
posts on the other forum say harris in for banks not sure if it's injury or suspension hope he last's 90 mins

Uptonrover
Uptonrover
23 October, 2018 19:24
Banks got his fifth yellow v Yeovil so suspended

jonesy792
jonesy792
23 October, 2018 20:32
Totally outplayed first half. Hopefully we can do better second half sad smiley

rossb07
rossb07
23 October, 2018 20:35
Quote:
Uptonrover
Banks got his fifth yellow v Yeovil so suspended

Upton has it spot on.

Like i've posted on the other forum i feel that they've dominated so far (to be expected as the home team) and been first to all the second balls with a little stroke of luck thrown in for good measure.

A little shake up in midfield could potentially save us this game, or throw another forward minded player on for Harris.

aktrfc
aktrfc
23 October, 2018 21:40
For me it’s zoom and bucko that we are missing. Without them we are just not at the races. 2 bloody terrible games.

Loyden1
Loyden1
23 October, 2018 21:46
Quote:
Loyden1
Can't go so paid £10 to watch ifollow for ist time.nice bowl of stew iready
stew was nice but ifollow didn't go on .sounds like I've lost £10

jonesy792
jonesy792
23 October, 2018 21:50
Well that was painful to watch!

FGR the better team by a mile. The difference was they had an attack that was quick, could complete passes on the ground in our final third and really stretched our defence.

Our attack , except for a 10min spell in second half, was woeful. Lumping up hopeful long balls was our attacking game and we were not troubling their defence or goalkeeper. Smith and Jennings offered little, Norwood resuming normal service of missing several goal at your mercy chances.

Our only real attacking threat came from Caprice.

Really poor. Can see why we’ve only scored 1 goal in three games.

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
24 October, 2018 00:11
Disappointing stuff.

To be fair, FGR looked a useful side and had us chasing shadows for much of the first half. The one positive was that we somehow stayed in the game then made a game of it, but the result was fair in the end.

Caprice played well and put in one superb cross in the second half that was crying out for someone to get his head on. But in general the creativity was lacking and, while Nors can play the lone striker role in the National League, he'll need much better support from the midfield to do it at this level.

Good to see a healthy away following, 465 I think in a total crowd of 2,100 or so, but not a lot to shout about unfortunately.

Cybertron
Cybertron
24 October, 2018 00:53
It looked very disjointed in midfield, missed Banks in the middle, and too may changes in the backline. While FGR did have a level of control in midfield, they were a little fortunate to be 2 up, they first was a breakaway goal, that came from our free-kick, maybe one of our midfield should have made sure their player didn't get the opportunity to break. The second from a penalty which was saved but their player got to the re-bound. Norwood had a couple of 1 on 1s which were well saved and there was a terrible handball miss that should have given us a penalty. Cole and Tollitt played brief cameos and Cole in particular looked a good option to include in the starting lineup. We missed many of the players who are injured or suspended, with Zoom / Buxton, Banks and Stockton it could have been a different result, even so on a good day when things went for us we could have got something from the game. Oh well....on to the next game...

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon
24 October, 2018 03:20
No suprise lookind 2nd best away to good side and we had the chances to come away with something. No doubt though we were a bit off par and the all round performance was a bit dissapointing. Passing was poor and they looked a lot more hungry to win the 2nd balls. Big improvment needed for saturday

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
24 October, 2018 07:20
I've just seen Mark Coopers post match interview on you tube and he described Tranmere as 'Outstanding' last night and he then went on to say that 'No team has played against us like that this year, and the game could have gone either way'.. Is he being generous and too polite?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2018 07:24 by hong kong rover.

stairwaytoheaven
stairwaytoheaven
24 October, 2018 07:59
Looking for excuses really. Don't think the league has helped us, 2 away fixtures in 4 days , both long trips, don't know whether the team stayed overnight, whereas FGR had 2 home games in 4 days.
We looked tired in the 1st half, chasing shadows, thought FGR were excellent, we could easily have been 3 down by half time.
Nors on his own up front just isn't working, we looked more of a threat when Mullins came on. Thought Connor looked tired and Smith. Jay off the pace and Macca bossed by their forwards.
Manny wasted at left back, he is starting to show some deft touches, much prefer him in the middle of defence, thought Scotty was superb, brilliant penno save, Jake also put in a decent shift.
Changes needed for Saturday, if we are going to continue with one up front then I would rest Nors though I'm sure Micky will go back to 4-4-2.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
24 October, 2018 08:12
Quote:
hong kong rover
I've just seen Mark Coopers post match interview on you tube and he described Tranmere as 'Outstanding' last night and he then went on to say that 'No team has played against us like that this year, and the game could have gone either way'.. Is he being generous and too polite?

Too generous if you ask me. FGR deserved their win; better across the park than us. McNulty isolated for the 1st goal and penalty; they definitely use this tactic to their advantage as per Wembley. Steve's been great, but made to look ordinary at times last night; didn't help that Sutton was awol for both. FGR passing was sublime at times, whereas we looked jittery or sent too many aimless balls through and were very wasteful with our final ball/crosses. We could have got something from the game, but that would have been an injustice in my eyes. Having said that, I was livid about the handball where we should have had a penalty. FGR have a hoodoo over us!

rossb07
rossb07
24 October, 2018 08:16
Disappointing as we didn't really turn up completely until the 70th minute but we can take some positives away with us. We've missed 2 chances that would've put us ahead and then level and that Scotty has saved every pen he's faced this season.

Take each game as it comes and 3 losses from 15 is something not many expected and certainly not to be sniffed at.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
24 October, 2018 08:32
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
hong kong rover

Too generous if you ask me. FGR deserved their win; better across the park than us. McNulty isolated for the 1st goal and penalty; they definitely use this tactic to their advantage as per Wembley. Steve's been great, but made to look ordinary at times last night; didn't help that Sutton was awol for both. FGR passing was sublime at times, whereas we looked jittery or sent too many aimless balls through and were very wasteful with our final ball/crosses. We could have got something from the game, but that would have been an injustice in my eyes. Having said that, I was livid about the handball where we should have had a penalty. FGR have a hoodoo over us!

Cheers Phil, how were the veggie burgers? What time did you get back home?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
24 October, 2018 09:00
Lincoln stuttering a little, 2 home draws for them in the space of 4 days..MK Dons hitting some form now, think thats 5 wins on the bounce for them.

ADD
ADD
24 October, 2018 12:10
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
hong kong rover

Agreed Cooper playing games to big up his side.. I thought we were very poor last night admittedly against a much better side than Yeovil. Early on completely out thought and outplayed. We were lethargic, second to every ball and our passing was awful with pass after pass misplaced. We also for probably the first time this season were massively exposed at the back - their pace was much too much for us and Sutton and McNulty were struggling all game. Sutton incidentally I thought should have been rested and Ellis played instead as too much to expect him to play 3 games in such a short space of time after a long layoff.
Despite many on this forum not rating him it seems clear to me that the lack of a hold up player (previously Stockton) up front is causing us issues with no way of relieving the line. No coincidence in my book that Norwood has struggled in last few games and last night he looked very unhappy and demotivated, although yes he has had chances I know.
All in all to me after a better than expected start to the season the last 3 games have been a reality check. We only beat Macclesfield thanks to a great individual effort from Gilmour, we played for a point at Yeovil who in my view are a team we should be able to beat and did not look great and last night we were outplayed for the majority of the game and looked very average. I feel that MM for the first time this season has some thinking to do. Yes Buxton and Zoum coming back will help matters but the who to play upfront and what formation needs some thought IMO. Maybe give Franklyn a start with Norwood? Finally good to see Tollitt come on but he didn't do much - not sure what the plan is but surely he should be sent on loan to rediscover his best form in a less pressured environment?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2018 12:12 by ADD.

jonesy792
jonesy792
24 October, 2018 12:27
Spot on

Aldo'smuzzy
Aldo'smuzzy
24 October, 2018 13:59
Re the penalty shout, from where I was (in the main stand, opposite our fans) it looked like the defender was too close to the cross to do anything about it hitting his hand, a bit like Clarke's at Wembley in that sense. Didn't think anything more of it at the time but, given the comments on here, wouldn't mind seeing a replay of it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2018 15:32 by Aldo'smuzzy.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
24 October, 2018 19:59
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
hong kong rover

Confession time: I did have a veggie burger, but a gourmet one in the Wetherspoons in Stroud! Ironic that they had a Quorn advertisement board in the ground when Quorn products are mostly just vegetarian and some have only recently been transformed on to the vegan bandwagon, but that's just splitting hares (I'll leave you to visualise that gruesome sight!). Also funny, if perhaps not original, to see the guys dressed as hot dogs! Most amusing of all was when the FGR fans chanted to the ex-FGR players, Norwood and Monthe, "You used to play for a big club, play for a big club". Did anyone else get a thorough frisking from the female steward at the gate? She was too thorough for my liking, taking an age and getting too close to the nether regions for my liking! On the subject of the female stewards, there was another one I noticed on the way out who I'd earlier seen in Wetherspoons worse for wear with her family almost coming to blows; class! My son did comment on how friendly the natives were, but I'll have to drum that diplomacy out of him! Oh yeh, what time did I get home! It was 1 a.m. on the dot. Drove home without stopping, although it was a painful journey with the M5 roadworks, the M6 closure, diverted on to M56 and that was bloody closed; what muppet came up with that! I did travel there on the A41/M5, but decided to take the "quicker" route back!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 24/10/2018 20:35 by Phil65.

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan
24 October, 2018 21:02
We’ve always been a club with a bogey team, it’s FG in recent times, I’m putting it down to that so not to get to upset.

Loyden1
Loyden1
24 October, 2018 21:32
Hey Phil nice wetherspoons in Stroud. 4of us in our 50s and 60s got thrown out after the 2.0 win for over enjoying ourselves !what shame

Hoots Mon
Hoots Mon
25 October, 2018 09:12
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
hong kong rover

Confession time: I did have a veggie burger, but a gourmet one in the Wetherspoons in Stroud! Ironic that they had a Quorn advertisement board in the ground when Quorn products are mostly just vegetarian and some have only recently been transformed on to the vegan bandwagon, but that's just splitting hares (I'll leave you to visualise that gruesome sight!). Also funny, if perhaps not original, to see the guys dressed as hot dogs! Most amusing of all was when the FGR fans chanted to the ex-FGR players, Norwood and Monthe, "You used to play for a big club, play for a big club". Did anyone else get a thorough frisking from the female steward at the gate? She was too thorough for my liking, taking an age and getting too close to the nether regions for my liking! On the subject of the female stewards, there was another one I noticed on the way out who I'd earlier seen in Wetherspoons worse for wear with her family almost coming to blows; class! My son did comment on how friendly the natives were, but I'll have to drum that diplomacy out of him! Oh yeh, what time did I get home! It was 1 a.m. on the dot. Drove home without stopping, although it was a painful journey with the M5 roadworks, the M6 closure, diverted on to M56 and that was bloody closed; what muppet came up with that! I did travel there on the A41/M5, but decided to take the "quicker" route back!

A female steward frisking male supporters? Is that allowed? I thought it had to be male for male and female for female.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 October, 2018 13:48
We weren't the only away team to lose 3-1 down in the West Country on Tuesday night..Did anyone read the Gillingham chairmans comments about the Gills 3-1 defeat at bottom of the table Plymouth? He was so disgusted with Gillinghams performance that he has promised free entry into a forthcoming Gills home game for the 254 fans that travelled to Home Park. Paul Scally's words - ' Everyone at the club was shocked and embarrassed by the performance and nobody should have to pay to watch that.'

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
25 October, 2018 14:16
Gillingham, like the Rovers, are already out of the Checkatrade.. They've lost both their games so far and their final upcoming Checkatrade group game is at home vs Crawley, which will be completely meaningless. If Scally offers those 254 fans free tickets for that game, then I think they will be a tad p*ssed off, lol.

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
25 October, 2018 17:10
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Phil65
Quote:
hong kong rover

A female steward frisking male supporters? Is that allowed? I thought it had to be male for male and female for female.

Yes, you would think so Hoots. I'm sure the male steward wouldn't be able to pat down any females. We were at Forest Green, so she could have been a genetic mutation! I shouldn't complain; in future, I'll just relax and enjoy it!

MESSAGES->author
Phil65
25 October, 2018 17:12
Quote:
Loyden1
Hey Phil nice wetherspoons in Stroud. 4of us in our 50s and 60s got thrown out after the 2.0 win for over enjoying ourselves !what shame

Lol Loyden! Good to see the TRFC "crew" are alive and kickin'!!

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
25 October, 2018 19:28
3rd League defeat of the season is it, to a team targeting promotion who are unbeaten at home, not bad going really.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net