Latest news:

Aldershot not Messing about
Discussion started by trfc-boi (IP Logged), 15 August, 2017 21:33
trfc-boi
trfc-boi
15 August, 2017 21:33
After tonights results Aldershot 7 points better off than Rovers. After last seasons heart ache of playoff defeat they have been ruthless upto now. Plenty to play but great start.

kennyspint
kennyspint
15 August, 2017 21:38
According to Wirral to the team that won the first three games haven't been promoted hmmmmmmm

trfc-boi
trfc-boi
15 August, 2017 21:43
Aldershot conceed late goal 1-1 ha ha

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
15 August, 2017 21:57
Whilst they have made a good start, we won 5 and drew 1 of our first 6 games last season.

If only!!!!

kennyspint
kennyspint
15 August, 2017 22:22
Yup

aktrfc
aktrfc
16 August, 2017 06:25
4 games in and we are already looking at other results. That doesn't sit well.

roger mellie
roger mellie
16 August, 2017 09:04
We won the first 4 games of last season; and 6 out of the first 7, and it didn't do us any good. They will implode and we will sail past them. Keep the faith.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
16 August, 2017 09:57
Quote:
roger mellie
We won the first 4 games of last season; and 6 out of the first 7, and it didn't do us any good. They will implode and we will sail past them. Keep the faith.

Better start telling the players to start rowing the ⛵ boat then .

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
16 August, 2017 14:04
ive noticed that Mensah has yet to make an appearance for shots so far this season. pretty sure he is still at the club and doubt waddock has dropped him. guessing he might be injured.

roversoffspring
roversoffspring
16 August, 2017 19:42
Forrest green won the 1st 9 games a few seasons ago means nothing smaller squads will come stuck round Christmas when we'll be in top form with tolitt back

DevonExile
DevonExile
16 August, 2017 20:29
Quote:
roversoffspring
Forrest green won the 1st 9 games a few seasons ago means nothing smaller squads will come stuck round Christmas when we'll be in top form with tolitt back
I agree that no combination of result quarentees anything but nor does it mean nothing.FGR stayed in contention and most teams with just a return of five points from four games against mediocre teams do not end up champions.
Regardless of points we are not playing like potential champions and that may mean a temporary loss of form or a need to tweak but it could also mean that it is a squad in decline.After another half dozen games it will be clearer which applies

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
28 August, 2017 19:02
Aldershot did have a great start but, now are only two points ahead of Rovers, albeit a better goal difference thanks to the six they put past Guiseley.

No one IMO, on the evidence of the initial games, is going to win the league by a mile. Too many teams are already taking points off each other Aldershot being the prime example having won their first three games?

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
29 August, 2017 07:41
Torquay look in a bit of a mess, could be a long old season for them. Hammered 4-1 at woking yday but the gulls solitary goal was a beauty. top drawer goal.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
29 August, 2017 09:37
Are leyton orient going to surprise us all? Even though they were recently hammered at bromley they still find themselves sitting 3rd in the table. Early early days but I think they made a few decent signings just before start of season and if they can start to gel and find their feet pretty quickly then I have a sneaky feeling that they will be unfazed about dropping into the NL and could be there or thereabouts come seasons end. If they do find themselves back in the footy league next season, then that will be some achievement considering the complete 100% utter shambolic mess the club was in as little as 3 months ago. Early days yet, but if they do get promoted back to footy league at the first attempt then I think we should all just give up. Lol.

DevonExile
DevonExile
29 August, 2017 16:18
The table does not tell you much at this stage but we have beaten no one in the top half and have played all the bottom three with only one win from that cluster.
It is fortunate that no one has raced away but at some point a team will go on a run of form. We still look like a team where the manager is not sure about the best starting eleven. Changing from game to game may be justified so far but it is then difficult to tell if the outcome is the consequence of the changes or the quality of the opposition.Yesterday was an example. The conundrum is that we need a run of results, but do we also need to settle on a team and system and giving it a run to bed in?

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
29 August, 2017 22:40
In fairness to him though he is without Wallace, Tollit and Waring, so what he can currently do versus what he might like to do, in terms of tactics used may not be the same thing.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

DevonExile
DevonExile
30 August, 2017 14:20
Without Wallace may well be a common occurance and I doubt that Waring was ever meant to be more than cover. A fully fit Tollitt would widen MM options.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
30 August, 2017 20:36
Quote:
DevonExile
The table does not tell you much at this stage but we have beaten no one in the top half and have played all the bottom three with only one win from that cluster.
It is fortunate that no one has raced away but at some point a team will go on a run of form. We still look like a team where the manager is not sure about the best starting eleven. Changing from game to game may be justified so far but it is then difficult to tell if the outcome is the consequence of the changes or the quality of the opposition.Yesterday was an example. The conundrum is that we need a run of results, but do we also need to settle on a team and system and giving it a run to bed in?

I don't know about settling on a team, but Alabi aside there is no doubt about it they are under performing at the moment as a team and as individuals. Who knows the financial situation, and if anything I do think the squad is weaker than last season, which is pretty ridiculous really because just look at the players on the bench in the past two games and the 3 injuries we've got in Tollit, Wallace, Kirby, all played league football and quality players, it's early days but we should be steam rolling this league, who else can start players such as Cook and Mangan and replace them with Norwood and Jennings, or whatever can we adapt to it, who knows. I only hope MM is giving the others a head start.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
30 August, 2017 22:26
I'm not wholly convinced that the squad is weaker. Yes Stockton and Ihiekwe have moved on but Norburn and McEveley have joined. So for me it's about the same standard but the goals just need to start coming a bit more and the form will return.

Without checking I imagine Lincoln's questionable start last season didn't mirror that of the previous season and comparisons between both squads may have been made by some of their supporters, but they overcame this situation and promoted themselves as a squad capable of turning things around and becoming victorious.

Tranmere in theory have the same capacity to me and the last result shows promise for the seeds of a turnaround.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net