Latest news:

Tol Omotala - Report from Witton Albion
Discussion started by Koppette (IP Logged), 02 October, 2016 11:17
Koppette
Koppette
02 October, 2016 11:17
Teenage front man Tolani Omotola, on loan from Tranmere Rovers, scored twice against opponents managed by former Albion boss Scott Dundas.
It increases his tally for the term to seven goals from only eight starts.
“I’m made up for Tol,” said Macauley.
“We definitely missed him during the FA Cup games against Stalybridge when he was out injured.
“He’s come back in and made an impact.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
02 October, 2016 19:06
Good for him. It might get him closer to some first team action in the NL

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Koppette
Koppette
31 October, 2016 12:35
Another *bump* as I must have missed the news that he had extended his loan at Witton Albion for another month (from Oct 14th).

He currently has 12 goals from 15 appearances for Witton which suggests to me that he can do better than Evo-Stik First Division (South) - Tier 8.

What I hadn't realised previously was that Gary Brabin was a former assistant manager at Witton Albion and so was clearly doing his old club a favour when offering them Tol on loan.

Now that the connection to Brabin has gone perhaps after this loan expiry the club should be a bit more hard nosed and bring him back. Only to offer him out on loan again immediately, if as seems likely he isn't going to figure in the first team picture, to Paul Carden and Warrington Town who at least play a division higher. It's possible that a National League North club would take a chance on him if he was offered and even North Ferriby could do worse than accept an offer from us of Tol on loan!

In the absence of a reserve team I think it is important that young loan players test themselves at the highest level they can and I think Tol is being sidelined a little at Witton's level.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/10/2016 12:37 by Koppette.

jim rockford
jim rockford
31 October, 2016 23:09
Omatola was only sub on Saturday which seems strange he did get on and as the game was in the FA Trophy makes him inelligible for us in that competition it also seems to indicate that he will staying at Witton for the foreseeable future.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
31 October, 2016 23:17
I think he could play at NL level on that basis. Yes the standard is higher, but we're not comparing league 2 to Premier league and with some of the highest quality players at NL standard behind him, not some decent but low budget semi pro's, that lack the promotion chasing edge, I reckon even if he could get 40% of that amount, you'd be looking at close to a 1 in 3 average, which if he was being used for around 75 minutes a game on average, due to his age, would be a solid return especially with assists.

mini_andy
mini_andy
31 October, 2016 23:26
I would like to see him moved to somewhere like Stockport, a bit more expectation there.

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
31 October, 2016 23:33
True enough, plus the Odejayi connection, who might be on first name terms with him perhaps.

Claytonne&Clark
Claytonne&Clark
01 November, 2016 11:12
If he's scoring goals then leave him where he is until January, at least. Finding the net in competitive games is an important skill for a striker. He would benefit from playing against higher quality defenses, but if that's at the reduction of his strike rate then it's not the right trade off.

When we dropped through the leagues we had a habit of having strikers with very few goals in their careers. At his age it's not important whether or not he's playing at the highest level, but that he's regularly finding the net, building up confidence and building up experience of how to finish. I'd rather have him stay at Witton for the season and bring him in next season rather than rush him up to the highest possible level.

warren r
Wozza
01 November, 2016 11:21
Just been recalled 👍

warren r
Wozza
01 November, 2016 11:22
Scratch that no he has not 👍

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon
01 November, 2016 11:47
Quote:
Claytonne&Clark
If he's scoring goals then leave him where he is until January, at least. Finding the net in competitive games is an important skill for a striker. He would benefit from playing against higher quality defenses, but if that's at the reduction of his strike rate then it's not the right trade off.
When we dropped through the leagues we had a habit of having strikers with very few goals in their careers. At his age it's not important whether or not he's playing at the highest level, but that he's regularly finding the net, building up confidence and building up experience of how to finish. I'd rather have him stay at Witton for the season and bring him in next season rather than rush him up to the highest possible level.
fully agree, I was thinking the exact same as I was reading through the topic. Ok he will eventually have to be tried and tested at a higher level but at the moment it sounds like he's doing well at a club that sit 4th in their respective division.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net