Latest news:

Sutton United .. What to expect
Discussion started by DanSUFC (IP Logged), 12 September, 2016 11:28
DanSUFC
DanSUFC
12 September, 2016 11:28
Hope lots of TRFC supporters make the trip to Sutton on Saturday & im sure your team will enjoy the 3G pitch... See you at the weekend!!! Watch the video if you have a few minutes!!⚽️⚽️⚽️[youtu.be]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/09/2016 11:40 by DanSUFC.

mini_andy
mini_andy
12 September, 2016 12:22
This will be my first 'live' (that's not been on telly) game of the season, so I'm looking forward to it!

martyd12
martyd12
12 September, 2016 14:49
Looking forward to the match and a new ground but not looking forward to getting on the coach at 5.45am!! Still we should be back for the X Factor!!

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
12 September, 2016 17:20
Jeez ,back for the X factor ? Rather be stuck on m6😁👍

martyd12
martyd12
12 September, 2016 17:27
So would I!! It was said tongue in cheek!

Cybertron
Cybertron
12 September, 2016 22:21
Being an exile this is quite a close game for me so I'll be going. Never seen a game on a 3G pitch so it will be something different.

aktrfc
aktrfc
13 September, 2016 05:20
Got to be honest, if we score a few against York I think I'll go, if we don't sorry but it's tv for me

Johntyponty
Johntyponty
13 September, 2016 07:48
After Saturday I'm relieved I've already planned my trip down to Sutton to see friends otherwise I'd be scrapping the trip.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2016 07:49 by Johntyponty.

the kav
the kav
13 September, 2016 13:19
Quote:
aktrfc
Got to be honest, if we score a few against York I think I'll go, if we don't sorry but it's tv for me

Im the same

the kav
the kav
14 September, 2016 07:50
Battle of the 2 out of form teams sutton 0/9 rovers1/9

pez
pez
14 September, 2016 10:11
At least Brabin has the 3G pitch to blame if we lose!

Makes a change from blaming everything else apart from his bad tactics.

aktrfc
aktrfc
14 September, 2016 17:01
Sorry, but it's Tv on Saturday for me. For what I'd spend going down I could get a couple of easy jet flights for me and the Mrs for a weekend aboard. Now I've said it we will probably get a bag full and I'll be well gutted.

the kav
the kav
14 September, 2016 17:35
I think your pretty safe there aktrfc

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
14 September, 2016 19:18
Go for the easy jet tickets aktrfc

DanSUFC
DanSUFC
14 September, 2016 22:54
Sod easy jet weekend always, you won't play us next season!!! Have a weekend in our great Capitol city & cheer your team on!!!! Lol lol

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
15 September, 2016 06:22
What to expect? 3 pts for the rovers, simple as! Doesnt matter whether its on an artificial surface, a mudbath or desert sands..if we are to drop even more points this saturday then that automatic spot is gradually becoming less likely. There is still a helluva long way to go in the season and if it is to be the play offs then lets hope its rovers that are the form side going into those play offs. Its not always the recipe for play off success but generally good end of season form and a little bit of the old 'donald duck ( luck )' can often get you over the line.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2016 06:40 by hong kong rover.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
15 September, 2016 09:48
Another draw: Brabin, We made plenty of chances, there keeper was great, the players dealt really well with the awful surface, they've never played competitively on a 3G before, We still belive where right in it and the lads are looking to put it right next week, I've had a word with the lads up front and told them what's expected, yer know we're still confident we can beat anyone, just takes time, we deserved more but overall I'm happy.

Or

We win: Another great display, we would like to have scored more but we got the 3 points, I've had a word with the lads up front and told them what's expected, Om still looking to strengthen the squad attacking wise to address the goals, but it's difficult at this level, we've turned the corner they're a good side who will climb the league and they made it tough.

martyd12
martyd12
15 September, 2016 11:20
A defeat of course is unthinkable! God knows what he would come out with if that happened!! I don't believe it will come to that and I predict 2-1 to ROVERS!

aktrfc
aktrfc
15 September, 2016 16:48
Quote:
DanSUFC
Sod easy jet weekend always, you won't play us next season!!! Have a weekend in our great Capitol city & cheer your team on!!!! Lol lol

So you're going up or down Dan, coz I think we will still be here mate☹️

DanSUFC
DanSUFC
15 September, 2016 16:56
You're going up!!!⚽️⚽️

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
15 September, 2016 17:28
Dan, you've heard of Ticci Tacca, well on Saturday your going to see Gary Brabins version, it's a bit like chess, it's played at the same speed and the PEICES are pretty much the same, our Centre halves, Ihewkie is the Queen, McNulty is the King equally as gifted as the Queen but Ultimatley can only move one space at a time both largely stay in reserve at the back. Ridehalgh and Vaughan are the fullbacks, they are the rooks, just move up and down the flanks in straight lines occasionally move sideways, Maynard, Jennings and Harris are the pawns, they just move forwards but get stuck when they meet an opponent because they can only move one step sideways to go past, Norwood and Connor Jennings our attacki midfielders are the bishops, try quite hard run very fast and the only ones who pose any real threat, Cook he's the Centre Forward and a bit like the Knight, Holds everything up and provides a base for attack but pretty toothless as his movement is limited. Gary Brabin is in control of the pieces, when asked if he understands chess, he confidentially says Yes, I'll be white, he knows where all the pieces go and how the move about, he makes a couple of fortunate decent plays takes a few prawns and the odd Horse prolonging the game, at first you think This guy is the Dee's Bees at this game, then a few moves later becomes apparent that the man had only planned one move ahead, you've now got both his horses and rooks in your pocket, he's left his middle 3 prawns in front of the King and Queen in some vein attempt as a Last line of defence, he knows if moves them forwards they can't go back and his King and queen are wide open, he's now just relying on his Bishops to flash about the board from side to side hoping the opponent will loose concentration and he stumbles across a check mate. All of the pieces hang there heads in their hands and think I wish Gary Kasparov was in caharge in stead.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
15 September, 2016 17:53
this weekends chess match to be played on a state of the art 3G board, lol.

Amber SUFC
Amber SUFC
15 September, 2016 18:08
Quote:
Higgosboots
Dan, you've heard of Ticci Tacca, well on Saturday your going to see Gary Brabins version, it's a bit like chess, it's played at the same speed and the PEICES are pretty much the same, our Centre halves, Ihewkie is the Queen, McNulty is the King equally as gifted as the Queen but Ultimatley can only move one space at a time both largely stay in reserve at the back. Ridehalgh and Vaughan are the fullbacks, they are the rooks, just move up and down the flanks in straight lines occasionally move sideways, Maynard, Jennings and Harris are the pawns, they just move forwards but get stuck when they meet an opponent because they can only move one step sideways to go past, Norwood and Connor Jennings our attacki midfielders are the bishops, try quite hard run very fast and the only ones who pose any real threat, Cook he's the Centre Forward and a bit like the Knight, Holds everything up and provides a base for attack but pretty toothless as his movement is limited. Gary Brabin is in control of the pieces, when asked if he understands chess, he confidentially says Yes, I'll be white, he knows where all the pieces go and how the move about, he makes a couple of fortunate decent plays takes a few prawns and the odd Horse prolonging the game, at first you think This guy is the Dee's Bees at this game, then a few moves later becomes apparent that the man had only planned one move ahead, you've now got both his horses and rooks in your pocket, he's left his middle 3 prawns in front of the King and Queen in some vein attempt as a Last line of defence, he knows if moves them forwards they can't go back and his King and queen are wide open, he's now just relying on his Bishops to flash about the board from side to side hoping the opponent will loose concentration and he stumbles across a check mate. All of the pieces hang there heads in their hands and think I wish Gary Kasparov was in caharge in stead.

We play football like Hurricane Higgins played snooker, unfortunatley we can't find the pockets!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/09/2016 18:24 by Amber SUFC.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
15 September, 2016 18:16
Gonna be a rip roaring game then by the sounds of it!

aktrfc
aktrfc
15 September, 2016 18:25
On a possative note, 2 return flights to the south of France for a long weekend in nice in October £130. Jobs a good one. Couldn't even get decent train tickets down to the smoke for Higgos chess game at that price.

deathrovers
dr.death
16 September, 2016 21:31
were is the best place to park?

DanSUFC
DanSUFC
17 September, 2016 00:02
Hamilton ave ..,sm3 9dt ... 7 min walk to the ground and a pub en-route!!!⚽️⚽️

aktrfc
aktrfc
17 September, 2016 14:02
That's why I went for easy jet, try not to laugh yourself to sleep tonight Dan.

MESSAGES->author
hong kong rover
17 September, 2016 14:07
Quote:
Higgosboots

we lost the chess game today, how would we describe our defeat.. fools mate, scholars mate, smothered mate or Arabian mate? lol.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net