Latest news:

Who would be a better option than GB?
Discussion started by DCTRFC (IP Logged), 10 September, 2016 20:50
DCTRFC
DCTRFC
10 September, 2016 20:50
If he goes and I heard pre season his position was being reviewed after the first 3 months who could take the job.
I believe he should have gone and Cowley should have stepped in after his outstanding job at Braintree. I say offer it to Challinor. He seems to have done well at Fylde and knows non league well enough. GB has to go sooner rather than later as we will drop away and fans will stay away

MESSAGES->author
sparky100
10 September, 2016 21:00
Mickey bloody Mouse.......rant over!

mini_andy
mini_andy
10 September, 2016 21:02
No chance of challinor, Flyde have way more money then us!

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
10 September, 2016 21:11
Donald Trump

the kav
the kav
10 September, 2016 21:25
Paul jewell... Sell it to him as the ideal place to rebuild his reputation.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
10 September, 2016 21:28
Really don't know ,just some one who is tactically aware and can change things if it's going pear shaped some people reckon you need lower League experience not League as in 1 and 2 as it's totally different .we need somebody quick after all the work done by MP it would be a shame to see crowd fade away over 5.000today

DCTRFC
DCTRFC
10 September, 2016 21:35
Just been reading up about Fylde they have an incredible (albeit small) new ground. Those guys and say Salford coming up is bad news if we don't go up. Brabin will be gone as soon as MP has identified a replacement I feel. Failure isn't an option this season

Johnos Hackers
Johnos Hackers
10 September, 2016 23:09
Nigel Atkins ...Has the pedigree and has managed at a far higher level ex player and in my opinion the number one choice ...Affter recent performances I fear Brabins days are numbered ..

DCTRFC
DCTRFC
10 September, 2016 23:15
I would say that is a great shout. I have a friend who is a Tranmere fan. Not the most clued up. He went back to the motherland in the summer and his dad is friends with 'a tranmere coach' and he was told GB had 3 months to have us top and firing or very close to it or he was gone. I asked him who the coach was and he said he wasn't sure it was an ex player. I said was it Shaun Garnett and he said yes. Come on MP pull the trigger

hespo
hespo
11 September, 2016 02:34
Mickey Mellon if he would leave Shrewsbury. Atkins, Jewell Jones anyone really don't care. Everyone with half a brain knows Brabin isn't the man for us.

aktrfc
aktrfc
11 September, 2016 07:07
I'd give Ray Mathias another go. He's available, loves the club and knows about tactics. Or at least let him assist and advise as I'm still just outside the sack GB line, but only just now.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
11 September, 2016 07:50
3 months is too long, by that time we could be well out the race for top spot. I really thought with the signings made we would bevw different side and it has to be a real danger for GB career wise if he doesn't do it this year, who else will ever give him a management role, sacked from Cambridge, Luton failed here if thats how it goes. Its a big few months for him and he must embrace change or maybe he just simply isn't cut out for management some players arent.

mini_andy
mini_andy
11 September, 2016 08:09
I would see how we are at the end of next week. By then we would have played 11 games, so roughly 1/4 of the season.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
11 September, 2016 08:34
Some good suggestions Nigel Atkins or Mickey Mellon for me ,but would they come ? The stadium/facilities new academy, owners, support ,all geared for championship football ,we just need THE managers

MESSAGES->author
TranmereFan
11 September, 2016 09:19
Think it's a bit early to panic just yet, we have been poor of late but still completely in the race. If we are not within 6 points of top by end of October then I'd say he's had a fair chance.

MESSAGES->author
BELMONT
11 September, 2016 11:04
My Mrs

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
11 September, 2016 11:13
The dog on your profile Belmont might be a better option 😡 He looks alert might see were the trouble Lyes

Kenny_Crons
Kenny_Crons
11 September, 2016 11:19
Quote:
mini_andy
I would see how we are at the end of next week. By then we would have played 11 games, so roughly 1/4 of the season.

Good shout, Andy.

Full pre-season and a quarter of the season is enough to make a decision.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon
11 September, 2016 11:49
Quote:
Kenny_Crons
Quote:
mini_andy
I would see how we are at the end of next week. By then we would have played 11 games, so roughly 1/4 of the season.

Good shout, Andy.

Full pre-season and a quarter of the season is enough to make a decision.
No matter what happens by the end of next week we will still be in touch. It would also take an absolute disaster for us to lose touch with a play off spot so I think it's down to where the owners expect us to be. A few sub 4,000 gates may make them panic a bit. I hope Brabin can turn it round and get us back on the winning trail.

coltran
coltran
11 September, 2016 13:17
Too early yet to change the manager unless you really think that a new person would have us winning every week. WE are third at the moment so still very much in the promotion frame.

MoanerLesser
AccountLogicallyDeleted
11 September, 2016 13:45
Barnet went up when losing 11 in a season. However, they won 31. Draws will be no good. We will have to see how the next two games go. Two wins and we will be back on track. Look at Dagenham. W 6 L 3 and one point below Tranmere, 3 below Lincoln.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon
11 September, 2016 13:49
Quote:
coltran
Too early yet to change the manager unless you really think that a new person would have us winning every week. WE are third at the moment so still very much in the promotion frame.
i agree. I suppose being 3rd without actually playing that well can be a good thing. If the team can 'click' we will be challenging no doubt. There's absoulutely no doubt though that we've got problems and fact that we don't score enough goals has been going on for to long and will end up costing us again.

velico
velico
11 September, 2016 14:25
Get rid now , we will still be talking the same topic after 20 or 30 games if he is left in charge.

warren r
Wozza
11 September, 2016 17:15
I starting to agree with brabin out tactics or lack of playing strikers on the wing wingers in the middle buying a winger hardly playing him he doesn't know how to adapt during games

DCTRFC
DCTRFC
11 September, 2016 18:36
Little in the way of pro Brabin posts are there

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
11 September, 2016 21:35
Regarding the comment about Brabin at Luton, he failed to get promotion because hie team lost to Torquay on penalties in a playoff final.

As for league managers, I don't see that as a barrier, as non-league shouldn't need to be different, the only difference between a team in NLN and League 2 both playing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, is the levels of skill and therefore some minor differences are whether you go long ball or not and press high or not, but there is not such thing as 4-4-2 non-league version.

Quote:
hespo
Mickey Mellon if he would leave Shrewsbury. Atkins, Jewell Jones anyone really don't care. Everyone with half a brain knows Brabin isn't the man for us.

I completely disagree. Right now he is the man or he wouldn't be here and most people weren't complaining when it was 5 from 5, but suddenly a patch of indifferent form and not wishing disrespect to anyone, people scuttle out to stick the knife in and then just start suggesting managers with championship and past or potentially premier league pedigree, who could probably get higher level, better paying jobs and Mellon wouldn't be likely to come just because he is ex-Tranmere.

Although I'm okay with Brabin as it stands, a more pertinent suggestion could be Carl Darlington, who is 34 and currently has won all 6 of his games in the WPL, holds a pro license, allegedly likes 4-4-2 and had a brief spell managing Wrexham as their interim coach getting well over 1.5 points a game average.

Another could be Andy Morrison who is currently second in the same division with a 2 point average and has plenty of league playing experience, including Man City and Huddersfield, so his contacts book would be pretty interesting.

Simon Weaver of Harrogate. 3rd in the NLN with 21 points from 10 games, as many as Salford City and a little bit of league playing experience mixed in with a lot of non-league playing experience, so he knows non-league well.

Another could be Ben Futcher. Development coach at Bury, who is 35, plenty of league playing experience and some non-league experience, who might be looking for his first management job.

Ian Baraclough of Oldham. Assistant manager, with experience managing Scunthorpe, Motherwell and Sligo Rovers, winning the league title with Sligo. No non-league experience, unless you count Sligo, but was at QPR and Leicester, so his contacts book from playing and managing could include Scotland, Ireland and the 3 leagues.

I wouldn't have suggested championship and premier league coaches / assistants, as I think if they wanted management it would be league 2, 1 and championship.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

jade-trfc
jade-trfc
11 September, 2016 22:29
[uk.linkedin.com]

my pick



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2016 22:30 by jade-trfc.

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon
11 September, 2016 23:11
Quote:
Matt34
Regarding the comment about Brabin at Luton, he failed to get promotion because hie team lost to Torquay on penalties in a playoff final.
As for league managers, I don't see that as a barrier, as non-league shouldn't need to be different, the only difference between a team in NLN and League 2 both playing 4-4-2 or 4-3-3, is the levels of skill and therefore some minor differences are whether you go long ball or not and press high or not, but there is not such thing as 4-4-2 non-league version.

Quote:
hespo
Mickey Mellon if he would leave Shrewsbury. Atkins, Jewell Jones anyone really don't care. Everyone with half a brain knows Brabin isn't the man for us.

I completely disagree. Right now he is the man or he wouldn't be here and most people weren't complaining when it was 5 from 5, but suddenly a patch of indifferent form and not wishing disrespect to anyone, people scuttle out to stick the knife in and then just start suggesting managers with championship and past or potentially premier league pedigree, who could probably get higher level, better paying jobs and Mellon wouldn't be likely to come just because he is ex-Tranmere.

Although I'm okay with Brabin as it stands, a more pertinent suggestion could be Carl Darlington, who is 34 and currently has won all 6 of his games in the WPL, holds a pro license, allegedly likes 4-4-2 and had a brief spell managing Wrexham as their interim coach getting well over 1.5 points a game average.

Another could be Andy Morrison who is currently second in the same division with a 2 point average and has plenty of league playing experience, including Man City and Huddersfield, so his contacts book would be pretty interesting.

Simon Weaver of Harrogate. 3rd in the NLN with 21 points from 10 games, as many as Salford City and a little bit of league playing experience mixed in with a lot of non-league playing experience, so he knows non-league well.

Another could be Ben Futcher. Development coach at Bury, who is 35, plenty of league playing experience and some non-league experience, who might be looking for his first management job.

Ian Baraclough of Oldham. Assistant manager, with experience managing Scunthorpe, Motherwell and Sligo Rovers, winning the league title with Sligo. No non-league experience, unless you count Sligo, but was at QPR and Leicester, so his contacts book from playing and managing could include Scotland, Ireland and the 3 leagues.

I wouldn't have suggested championship and premier league coaches / assistants, as I think if they wanted management it would be league 2, 1 and championship.
a lot of the negative posts aren't just based on the last two games Matt. I think the main problem is that our inability to score more than one goal or two if we're lucky cost us big time last season. We've got away with it more often than not so far this season but the general consensus is it will catch up with us and cost us again. You yourself have said in the past that you wouldn't settle for what happened last season this time around and although admittedly it's to early to see if it will all the signs are there at the moment.

MESSAGES->author
Paz
12 September, 2016 08:51
Anyone who doesn't use the handbrake.

I noted last season about the difference in Jay Harris. First 2 or 3 games he was bombing forwards and having a go from just outside the area. On Saturday EVERYONE looked to pass rather than have a go

LET THEM PLAY!

RicciTRFC
RicciTRFC
12 September, 2016 10:13
Would have loved Cowley. Whether Adkins would take it is debatable, but think for the conference that would be a good appointment.

DCTRFC
DCTRFC
12 September, 2016 13:39
I really hope MP reads this forum.
Cowley was the golden boy, took part timers to the verge of the league, had them organised and they seemed to impress everyone. He has drive, organisation and passion. We have a fat numpty. We missed the boat on that one and it will probably haunt us. Now he has more tools at his disposal and Lincoln top the league. Gary Breadbin has no idea, we have only just beaten poor teams, which we should as this division is the haves vs the have nots. He has simply got to go. The team will fade once we start playing the FGRs etc of the division. If we keep up the misfiring from last season crowds WILL continue to dwindle.

prentonpete1
prentonpete1
12 September, 2016 16:43
Anybody thought about a player manager.
I,ve no one particular in mind,suggestions please on a A4 sheet.

the kav
the kav
12 September, 2016 17:15
A realistic shout would be chris kinnear

Jack of all Trades
Jack of all Trades
12 September, 2016 17:56
Chris Kinnear might be a good call, he like the chairman his spoken out about the apathy of the Dover public last season.

Hasn't improved this season by the look of it, 785 against Forest Green.

MoanerLesser
AccountLogicallyDeleted
12 September, 2016 19:09
Can't be Aldridge, Mathias , Sheedy, Barnes, little, Rogers, Adams, Edwards, Parry or Moore....

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
12 September, 2016 20:38
Quote:
2 the moon
a lot of the negative posts aren't just based on the last two games Matt. I think the main problem is that our inability to score more than one goal or two if we're lucky cost us big time last season. We've got away with it more often than not so far this season but the general consensus is it will catch up with us and cost us again. You yourself have said in the past that you wouldn't settle for what happened last season this time around and although admittedly it's to early to see if it will all the signs are there at the moment.

It's true, that I did expect more this time around, but was satisfied with Brabin last season. So far I am satisfied by and large, although his need to buy a player like Stephenson and not give him a run out is irking me a little bit, because Tranmere need to justify cash purchases being a club that don't spend too often on signings and yes I am also concerned that despite Cook and Jennings coming in and adding a bit more goal scoring quality, none of the wins are big like rivals can achieve and now it seems this inability to find an extra goal her and there is costing the team.

However it has been proven on here that when it goes well some people are barely on the radar, but 2 or 3 suspect results and then there's a spike in posting activity, by some who seemingly find criticism 100% more easy to post than any positives.

Someone came on here a few years ago and started caning Parry for that cup loss to Chetenham, but no praise for winning the first two league games, or for any of the signings, or being top 6 with one of the 3-4 best defensive records in all 4 divisions? Then after that loss, when Tranmere's form started to slip more caning petty much weekly for several weeks.

Someone only bothering to post negative, after negative and seemingly no positives at all ever.

Peoples concerns about goals have extended back before the last two I grant you and that for me started to be a minor concern after the first 4-5 games, but if Brabin can find a way to address this then form can return, as they have not dropped off the pace too much and a win next time around could secure top again.

After all Eddie Howe lost 4 in a row and slipped out of the playoffs, in the final half of the season when they won L1, so this patch of indifferent form doesn't have to mean the end of an automatic push, but if such form continues over the next 3-4 games, Tranmere will potentially slip irreparably off the pace and that will not inspire confidence in some of the players or most followers of the team.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
12 September, 2016 20:43
Mark Robbins, Nicky Barmby

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
12 September, 2016 20:43
Mark Robbins, Nicky Barmby

Higgy and Yozzer
Higgy and Yozzer
12 September, 2016 20:43
Satisfied with Brabin.......you must be easily pleased in life!!!

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
12 September, 2016 20:50
No I'm just not so bullish as a few so as to want change as soon as others, nor am I a little too impatient which some could be on here.

I did after all say as I was satisfied at the moment, but I didn't say I was doing cartwheels about things right now, because I'm not.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

the kav
the kav
12 September, 2016 21:00
Robins turned us down as a player and twice when we approached him over the managers position

coltran
coltran
13 September, 2016 17:16
Who is Mark Robins and has he won promotion?

cobas
cobas
13 September, 2016 20:16
BRABIN OUT NOW, clueless, i think we have a decent squad of players, but Brabin is negative, no plan A B OR C, HE is so negative.Playing the ball to death at the back, allowing the opposition to get back and defend.not suprisingly he was a coach at Everton under martinez. by the time we go forward we have to get through 11 players, and we dont know how to break teams down.
BRABIN OUT BRABIN OUT BRABIN OUT. Get rid now, and GIVE US A CHANCE

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
13 September, 2016 20:34
Down to 4th as it stands an Macclesfield have a game in hand with the mighty barrow just two points behind us



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/09/2016 20:36 by Higgosboots.

MoanerLesser
AccountLogicallyDeleted
13 September, 2016 23:03
On the other hand, 10 games in and still in top 5.

DCTRFC
DCTRFC
14 September, 2016 01:43
The squad and foundations set in place by Mark and Nicolas pretty much dictate that even Mickey Mouse should have us in the top 5 though so that's not really a string in Brabins bow is it

RicciTRFC
RicciTRFC
14 September, 2016 10:20
I don't think people should be happy to simply be in the top 5, that should be a given really with this squad.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
14 September, 2016 22:36
Quote:
853OKG
On the other hand, 10 games in and still in top 5.

And??? Lets look at the facts: Last year we were sixth so that means of all the loosers we weren't even the best at that we were 5th loose, as it stands this year we are 3rd of all the losers. We are a full time club possibly the biggest club to have played at this level, more successful ones yes but were hardly unsuccessful in recent times. We are full time ALL of our players come to work everyday, do fitness, tactics, get nutrional advice, they run about with GPS, we have a full time well equipped training facility. Wecemploy two full time first team coaches, a full time goalkeeper coach, a full time manager, a full time physio with state of the art gyms, players have access to Bupa, we have a full time club Dr and a part time one to cover. We have money in the bank, a 16000 capacity ground, a state of the art training ground underway we own both. A big swanky club shop, corporate facilities. Over half the league are part time, their players hold down full time 40 hour jobs, they train on Wednesday evenings at the local soccer dome, they keep fit themselves, have little to nobaccess to medical, no GPS, no training grounds. For every evening of maybe 2/3 hours they train together we train for 5 days. We have a youth team that are more full time than most teams in the division. To say we are top 5 is a joke shop, 5th is actually bottom of the league because of 24 teams only 3 have realistic chances of winning the division and we are allegedly one of those. An not only all that we have an all stars team. Its an absolute joke we are witnessing what we do each week and that players on 1ks a week can't hit a barn door with a tractor never mind a beachball or can't stop a load of PE teaching security guards scoring a goal. The team is a complete farce, we should be better organised, fitter, smarter, quicker, more determined, better prepared more skillfull than 20 or so of the 24 teams in the league. Teams parking the bus have 3 hours to work on their plan to face us, we have 4 or 5 days to work out how to get through and plan, but there in lies the problem there is no plan. As the old addage goes fail to prepare prepare to fail.We all want to see the team succeed and its about time we stop listening to rot from week to week when we don't win, this is not about the last 5 games or even the last 10 its last season too.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/09/2016 22:44 by Higgosboots.

DCTRFC
DCTRFC
14 September, 2016 23:08
+1 Brabin must go he has had enough time and has demonstrated he is a solid mid table manager but that simply isn't good enough

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon
15 September, 2016 07:25
It does seem like we are clutching at straws at the moment. Granted the draw at York was decent considering the circumstances but again the inability to score goals cost us. Losing to Lincoln was ok because they're a decent side and we just had a bad day at the office, Losing to Aldershot was ok because we played better than the previous two games, ok we did beat Guiseley but so has pretty much everyone else and Southport managed to score which so that was a nailed on draw because again we can't score goals and of course all these results were ok collectively because we won the first five. Then there's "we created chances", I seen someone say they were more concerned about the chances we created rather than the goals we score which I find a tad perplexing, another one said we had goals coming from all over the place this season, errrm, no we don't. I'm not for one minute banging the Brabin out drum and sacking a manager when in third is probably not an option. Question is this just a blip or has the manager taken us as far as he can.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
15 September, 2016 09:19
If it's a blip it's a one an a quarter season dip

MESSAGES->author
Matt34
15 September, 2016 19:41
Quote:
Higgosboots
Lets look at the facts: Last year we were sixth so that means of all the loosers we weren't even the best at that we were 5th loose, as it stands this year we are 3rd of all the losers. We are a full time club possibly the biggest club to have played at this level, more successful ones yes but were hardly unsuccessful in recent times. We are full time ALL of our players come to work everyday, do fitness, tactics, get nutrional advice, they run about with GPS, we have a full time well equipped training facility. Wecemploy two full time first team coaches, a full time goalkeeper coach, a full time manager, a full time physio with state of the art gyms, players have access to Bupa, we have a full time club Dr and a part time one to cover. We have money in the bank, a 16000 capacity ground, a state of the art training ground underway we own both. A big swanky club shop, corporate facilities. Over half the league are part time, their players hold down full time 40 hour jobs, they train on Wednesday evenings at the local soccer dome, they keep fit themselves, have little to nobaccess to medical, no GPS, no training grounds. For every evening of maybe 2/3 hours they train together we train for 5 days. We have a youth team that are more full time than most teams in the division. To say we are top 5 is a joke shop, 5th is actually bottom of the league because of 24 teams only 3 have realistic chances of winning the division and we are allegedly one of those. An not only all that we have an all stars team. Its an absolute joke we are witnessing what we do each week and that players on 1ks a week can't hit a barn door with a tractor never mind a beachball or can't stop a load of PE teaching security guards scoring a goal. The team is a complete farce, we should be better organised, fitter, smarter, quicker, more determined, better prepared more skillfull than 20 or so of the 24 teams in the league. Teams parking the bus have 3 hours to work on their plan to face us, we have 4 or 5 days to work out how to get through and plan, but there in lies the problem there is no plan. As the old addage goes fail to prepare prepare to fail.We all want to see the team succeed and its about time we stop listening to rot from week to week when we don't win, this is not about the last 5 games or even the last 10 its last season too.

Whilst some of these things are true, some of this is a little exaggerated and probably quite a few players in NL this league will work part-time, because it's £250 a week or more for some of them, so no need for 40 hours of minimum wage or better.

I'm not sure if any players earn £1,000+ a week, but it's possible and the facilities are indeed some of the best in this league, but expectation, whilst high and understandable, can not automatically be linked to success, even though success can follow expectation, but what is logical is that Tranmere have no divine right to be better than most based on certain things and that is typical of many leagues, otherwise Sheffield United would have been promoted from league 1 in their first season and they are still there now.

Also many teams succeeded in the past without all the fancy GPS and sports science and monitoring, because those options weren't there and they help, but it could well be that some managers may become a little too reliant on such things and therefore may focus a little less on raw managerial talent, than their predecessors did as recently as 20 years ago.

Also as for 3 teams winning the title I would say it was more than that in August, as you could say Tranmere, Lincoln, Eastleigh, Dagenham, York and Forest Green where the most likely, so if you call them the big six then six into five doesn't go, so one of those would at least have to fail to make the playoffs and therefore to be where Tranmere are now after a few games, is not a hideous scenario, given the difference between the points total and the current top of the table points total.

Currently that ability to find an extra goal here and there is a bit concerning, but I don't see a massive issue just yet, but many of the things you highlighted are legitimate reasons why Tranmere should be able to succeed and are good advantages.



Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

jade-trfc
jade-trfc
16 September, 2016 06:40
everyone has different views on this, for me on tuesday we were down to ten men we had 11 shots off target and 4 on target, 0 goals, york had 11 off target 0 on target so we were not challenged we created 15 goal opportunities on tuesday night and didnt score, so either the opportunities were creating arent good enough therefore the tactics arent working or the players arent good enough, i think its safe to 99% of us think the squad is good enough.

there is still a long way to go but if us as fans have identified several issues surly the coaching team must be seeing them, they say chances win you games how many do we need to win the games is the question.

fans are saying were 5th etc yes its not to bad, but hand on heart can you honestly say the performances and tactics we have seen have been good enough to get us out of this league?

MESSAGES->author
2 the moon
16 September, 2016 10:19
Quote:
jade-trfc
everyone has different views on this, for me on tuesday we were down to ten men we had 11 shots off target and 4 on target, 0 goals, york had 11 off target 0 on target so we were not challenged we created 15 goal opportunities on tuesday night and didnt score, so either the opportunities were creating arent good enough therefore the tactics arent working or the players arent good enough, i think its safe to 99% of us think the squad is good enough.
there is still a long way to go but if us as fans have identified several issues surly the coaching team must be seeing them, they say chances win you games how many do we need to win the games is the question.

fans are saying were 5th etc yes its not to bad, but hand on heart can you honestly say the performances and tactics we have seen have been good enough to get us out of this league?
I wouldn't. And I spoke up for the manager right through last season pretty much up to the welling/wrexham home games. Chances don't win games goals do and we don't score anywhere near enough in my opinion, 1-1, 0-1, 0-0 they are all scorelines that to me represent dropped points brought on by our inhability to score goals. It cost us last season and imo will cost us again. Players, manager, tactics it's a hard one to call but for sure something isn't working.

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
17 September, 2016 15:32
After today at Sutton my cat would be a better option .not a purrfect choice but could not do worse 😸

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
17 September, 2016 16:03
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
After today at Sutton my cat would be a better option .not a purrfect choice but could not do worse 😸

It feels good to say things like this and vent frustration, but it's sadly just not true. He probably isn't the man to get us out of this league but he has an excellent track of producing competitive teams in this division. He's better suited at getting plucky minnows into the top half than sides promoted though and I don't think he can be successful with us now because our fans want him gone. The manager always takes the blame, rightly, but the players themselves have largely been terrible in the last month. Could anyone really have done that much better over the last month? No excuses, its just the way things have fallen. His job is to find a way to get things done and he hasn't. Not sure what else he could have tried though, most of the squad has been given a shot and not delivered.

Here's a left field suggestion for a replacement - McNulty as player manager with Ray Mathias or similar as assistant. I also wouldn't object to seeing us play 3 at the back at some point with the full backs pushing into midfield.

MESSAGES->author
The Silent Knight
17 September, 2016 16:33
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
After today at Sutton my cat would be a better option .not a purrfect choice but could not do worse 😸

Here's a left field suggestion for a replacement - McNulty as player manager with Ray Mathias or similar as assistant. I also wouldn't object to seeing us play 3 at the back at some point with the full backs pushing into midfield.

I'm not against that managerial suggestion. Or if the manager / assistant roles were reversed. Not the playing aspect though, Ray might be a bit too old. Especially on these 3G pitches.

I was thinking about 3 at the back earlier; Sutton, Ihiekwe and McNulty could work well as a trio. Although, we'd have no real cover should one of them get injured. Maynard maybe. The current squad seems geared for a flat back four.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2016 16:33 by The Silent Knight.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
17 September, 2016 16:41
Quote:
The Silent Knight
Quote:
Doogie'sGhost
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
After today at Sutton my cat would be a better option .not a purrfect choice but could not do worse 😸

Here's a left field suggestion for a replacement - McNulty as player manager with Ray Mathias or similar as assistant. I also wouldn't object to seeing us play 3 at the back at some point with the full backs pushing into midfield.

I'm not against that managerial suggestion. Or if the manager / assistant roles were reversed. Not the playing aspect though, Ray might be a bit too old. Especially on these 3G pitches.

I was thinking about 3 at the back earlier; Sutton, Ihiekwe and McNulty could work well as a trio. Although, we'd have no real cover should one of them get injured. Maynard maybe. The current squad seems geared for a flat back four.

They would actually remind me a lot of the Vickers, Hughes, Higgy partnership that worked so well. With McNulty in the Yozzer sweeper role, which would suit him down to the ground imo.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
17 September, 2016 16:58
We literally could not do any worse if there was no Manager in charge, in fact we would probably do better

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
17 September, 2016 17:33
It's not just the tactics the players don't seem to be up for a fight they hardly ever win a 50/50 ball as for our much talked about strike force as much use as a chocolate fire guard even a new manager won't do much with this team Iam now a fifty five years a rover and this bunch are the worst side I have ever seen and that is saying something

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
17 September, 2016 17:37
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
It's not just the tactics the players don't seem to be up for a fight they hardly ever win a 50/50 ball as for our much talked about strike force as much use as a chocolate fire guard even a new manager won't do much with this team Iam now a fifty five years a rover and this bunch are the worst side I have ever seen and that is saying something

I disagree, don't forget it's just the players job, and like anybody who's unhappy in the work place they perform badly, wither flipping burgers in Maccies or playing for Chelsea, they think like everyone else, Well f&&k you then, I'm doing the least possible. An with football it's even worse because Ultimatley if enough players disapprove of the manager they play sh!!e on purpose because they know what the end result will be.

And don't forget we are no longer bottom of the football league pyramid we are top of the Non league tree, are players are the Agueros and Luiz of non league and need there Egos treating as such.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/09/2016 17:44 by Higgosboots.

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
17 September, 2016 18:18
Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
It's not just the tactics the players don't seem to be up for a fight they hardly ever win a 50/50 ball as for our much talked about strike force as much use as a chocolate fire guard even a new manager won't do much with this team Iam now a fifty five years a rover and this bunch are the worst side I have ever seen and that is saying something

Complacency. Simple as that I think. If Brabin is saying we only have a dozen players capable of mounting a promotion challenge publicly then the players know that's what he thinks. Hardly an incentive for those in the team to roll up their sleeves or those on the fringes to put in a shift either. It helps explain why our form has dropped off so suddenly as well - everything is fine when you win, but little cracks become gaping chasms when you lose. There's lots of reasons we're struggling. It's not all Brabin but he's the only one who is in a position to put things right and I don't think he is going to be able to do that.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
17 September, 2016 19:09
The main point doggie is that he signed ALL ofvourvplayers every last one. If only 11 are good enough that is down to him an whatvhes saying is the chairmen has trusted me wirhbhisbmoney and I've wasted it. Personally I think that one sentence has just server as his resignation.

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
17 September, 2016 19:14
GTF???

MESSAGES->author
Doogie'sGhost
17 September, 2016 19:31
Quote:
Higgosboots
The main point doggie is that he signed ALL ofvourvplayers every last one. If only 11 are good enough that is down to him an whatvhes saying is the chairmen has trusted me wirhbhisbmoney and I've wasted it. Personally I think that one sentence has just server as his resignation.

Probably, he's already admitted there were a couple of players who went that he'd like to have kept. Yes, he signed them, but what we don't know is how much he really wanted the players who signed and how much he would have really liked someone else. Our coffers aren't endless. My gut feeling is that MP had quite a bit of say in who we signed in the way a director of football would. Just my gut feeling.

DevonExile
DevonExile
17 September, 2016 19:36
For me who could do a better job is irrelevant. We have more than a year now to see the evidence of what Brabin brings.The question is should we settle for more of the same.
Any new appointment is a gamble whatever their past record.But I feel that we have reached the point where it is a risk worth taking if the priority is promotion this year

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
17 September, 2016 19:48
Quote:
DevonExile
For me who could do a better job is irrelevant. We have more than a year now to see the evidence of what Brabin brings.The question is should we settle for more of the same.
Any new appointment is a gamble whatever their past record.But I feel that we have reached the point where it is a risk worth taking if the priority is promotion this year

Loosing faith in the owners to do it though, we saw it with Adams and last year, I thought in their line of work they'd be ruthless, hope they move and do it soon. Rumour is on other forum we've signed yet another forward so looks like he's going no where.

PeteTRFC
PeteTRFC
17 September, 2016 20:10
Quote:
Higgosboots

Loosing faith in the owners to do it though, we saw it with Adams and last year, I thought in their line of work they'd be ruthless, hope they move and do it soon. Rumour is on other forum we've signed yet another forward so looks like he's going no where.

ANOTHER forward??!!!

Higgosboots
Higgosboots
17 September, 2016 20:17
Quote:
PeteTRFC
Quote:
Higgosboots

Loosing faith in the owners to do it though, we saw it with Adams and last year, I thought in their line of work they'd be ruthless, hope they move and do it soon. Rumour is on other forum we've signed yet another forward so looks like he's going no where.

ANOTHER forward??!!!

According to those over on that other forum, probably someone who scored 530 million goals last season but won't be able to hit the right wing with the sprinklers at PP

PeteTRFC
PeteTRFC
17 September, 2016 20:20
I see. Our new LB then

Fiftyyearsarover
Fiftyyearsarover
18 September, 2016 17:44
the only thing that explaines the loss of form and players attitude is that Brabin had lost the dressing room they did not want to play for him and I watched our 2tv games and the camera lingers on players and the Tranmere lads looked a unhappy bunch ,did not think to much of it at the time but with hindsight you could see something was not right more to it that we know about


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net