Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Arteta on Thomas and Tierney for City game.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 15 October, 2020 11:09
Arteta on Thomas and Tierney for City game.
Boston Gooner 15 October, 2020 11:09
Arteta says a decision will be made on Partey's fitness after he comes through training sessions on Thursday and Friday.

"Today he will have his first training session. He will need to go quickly. He wants to play. We will see [on Saturday]. You see players adapting really quickly and others taking a long time," Arteta said on Thursday morning.

Arsenal have not ruled Tierney out of Saturday's game and hope to learn if they can earn special dispensation regarding the defender's availability to play.

"This is getting very complicated when we send players abroad and lose control. Some authorities have different regulations to the ones in the Premier League," Arteta added.

"We are still having some discussions and hopefully we will have more news this afternoon."

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Arteta on Thomas and Tierney for City game.
Flava 15 October, 2020 13:36
Fingers crossed for Tierney. We may see Partey on the bench

CazOnARola 15 October, 2020 16:05
Partey will definitely be on the bench. May come in late in the game.

He is probably the most complete player in the squad in terms of the position they play. Aubameyang and Gabriel are close second

Flava 15 October, 2020 17:06
He'll be starting the next league game.

TheReMarkable 15 October, 2020 21:29
I would start Partey if he’s got enough. He’s the exact type of player we need in a game like this.

Boston Gooner 15 October, 2020 21:43
Quote:
TheReMarkable
I would start Partey if he’s got enough. He’s the exact type of player we need in a game like this.

We are probably not going to win this one anyway.
It will do him good.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 15/10/2020 21:46 by Boston Gooner.

CazOnARola 16 October, 2020 05:32
Quote:
CazOnARola
Partey will definitely be on the bench. May come in late in the game.
He is probably the most complete player in the squad in terms of the position they play. Aubameyang and Gabriel are close second
i meant he will definitely be in the squad and will get on at some time.
Arteta may start him. He did start Gabriel inspite of limited competition due to French league ending early.

He may starrt Thomas cause he definitely looks like someone who can be quick out of the blocks. His natural game itself involves releasing the ball early, so he may well start along side Ceballos.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2020 07:42 by CazOnARola.

TheReMarkable 16 October, 2020 07:18
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
TheReMarkable

It will do him good.

Fair. I just don’t want to get turned over easily and lose 3 nil as per. I’d love to compete a little at least!

Boston Gooner 16 October, 2020 08:10
Quote:
TheReMarkable
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
TheReMarkable

It will do him good.

Fair. I just don’t want to get turned over easily and lose 3 nil as per. I’d love to compete a little at least!

I should really have said not expected to win this one.

Boston Gooner 16 October, 2020 13:10
No news about Tierney so guessing he isn't available.
And he wouldn't have trained.

Saw some stats the other day that without him playing we don't do nowhere as well.

SuperRob 16 October, 2020 13:56
According to some reports, Tierney will play tomorrow. We need him for our hybrid 3-4-3 / 4-3-3 to work, so I expect arsenal to risk being fined or whatever the punishment might be.

I don't expect Partey to start, but you never know. He's fit, experienced in big games and judging by his interviews he seems an intelligent person / player so I don't think he'll struggle to adapt.

For me, Ceballos is the most important midfielder, who has to play every game, maybe his importance will reduce with Partey in there as the season goes on. As long as we don't start with Elneny and Xhaka, I'll be happy. Any other partnership will be ok. Partey + Ceballos will be awesome going forward.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/10/2020 13:59 by SuperRob.

CazOnARola 16 October, 2020 21:16
Quote:
Boston Gooner
No news about Tierney so guessing he isn't available.
And he wouldn't have trained.

Saw some stats the other day that without him playing we don't do nowhere as well.
We would have similar stats with monreal. He haa been extremely important to our build up play.

However with Kolasinac out of the side and Gabriel and Partey coming in, dependence on Tierney and Luiz to bring the ball out from the back will reduce.

Boston Gooner 16 October, 2020 22:20
I doubt it will stop Tierney.
It's is most dangerous asset going forward.

weedz 17 October, 2020 08:12
If Thomas is able to quickly adapt to our systems, there no real reason not to start him and I reckon he and Tierney will start.
I also believe the game has a ‘low score’ and ‘draw’ look to it.
City have major injury issues, but they’ve beaten us up in recent seasons, apart from the last FA semi.
So I don’t see either team having a big advantage.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Boston Gooner 17 October, 2020 08:30
Reports all over that Tierney is available.

But haven't seen anything official announced.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net