Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Still need Fullback and CM
Discussion started by karteta16 , 23 September, 2020 22:12
Still need Fullback and CM
karteta16 23 September, 2020 22:12
Either replacing Kolasinac or Bellerin. Modern day full backs can defend and attack, Bellerin goes forward once a game. Kolasinac can't defend and his attacking is mediocre. Who sanctioned Cedric?

We need a top quality passer or dribbler in the middle who can defend also.

A team loaning Ozil right now and taking on his wages is 4mil, 6mil for Ozil is a steal.

Re: Still need Fullback and CM
Boston Gooner 23 September, 2020 22:18
Bellerin is playing as well now as he has in ages.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Ares 23 September, 2020 22:44
You will not win the league with part time defending

from part time defenders.

Boston Gooner 23 September, 2020 22:48
Quote:
Ares
You will not win the league with part time defending
from part time defenders.

Where not going win the league for a very very long time .

karteta16 23 September, 2020 23:12
Quote:
Boston Gooner

It great that he's playing well but he's never been near Trent Alexander-Arnold's level. He's still a Wenger one-trick Pony.

karteta16 23 September, 2020 23:29
Quote:
karteta16
Either replacing Kolasinac or Bellerin. Modern day full backs can defend and attack, Bellerin goes forward once a game. Kolasinac can't defend and his attacking is mediocre. Who sanctioned Cedric?
We need a top quality passer or dribbler in the middle who can defend also.

A team loaning Ozil right now and taking on his wages is 4mil, 6mil for Ozil is a steal.

My Ozil calculation is all wrong he's costing us 18mil a season. (Sm2) imagine having that money for the last 4 seasons instead of him. No one will pay that much for him

Boston Gooner 24 September, 2020 00:13
Quote:
karteta16
Quote:
Boston Gooner

It great that he's playing well but he's never been near Trent Alexander-Arnold's level. He's still a Wenger one-trick Pony.

There aren't many who are.
Plus they cost.

TheReMarkable 24 September, 2020 02:44
I highly doubt Ozick is costing us 350k a week. I would be certain that’s the figure has lots of clauses as is commonplace for footballers. The media will always give you the maximum possible.

I’m sure it’s 350k in the scenario he is in a match day squad, he plays 90 mins, he scores/assists, we play champions league etc.

I’d say it’s another big reason we don’t have him in match day squads. Who knows what it actually is but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s picking up 200k or so. Not saying that isn’t huge money by the way!!

CazOnARola 24 September, 2020 05:34
Quote:
TheReMarkable
I highly doubt Ozick is costing us 350k a week. I would be certain that’s the figure has lots of clauses as is commonplace for footballers. The media will always give you the maximum possible.
I’m sure it’s 350k in the scenario he is in a match day squad, he plays 90 mins, he scores/assists, we play champions league etc.

I’d say it’s another big reason we don’t have him in match day squads. Who knows what it actually is but I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s picking up 200k or so. Not saying that isn’t huge money by the way!!
I've said the same thing here many times and i have read that it is closer to 200k/w. Ozil would have agreed to that contract as in 2017 it looked possible that we would make top 4 with the Aubameyang signifing and Emery narrowly missed out by a point the next season.

The league just got ridiculous in terms of overall competition in the last 1.5 years. Anyway now we have willian and saka who will create 3/4 clear cut chances per game so we don't need ozil as badly as we did last season under emery. Doesn't look like he is going anywhere and will probably sign a pre contract in 3 months time during Jan.

@Karteta16 are you Karsene by any chance. If yes, long time no see mate.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/09/2020 07:10 by CazOnARola.

TheReMarkable 24 September, 2020 07:59
I have been one of Bellerins biggest critics but I think he has really turned a corner lately. No issue with him as our starting RB.

I liked Kolasinac and thought he added a lot going forward during Emery’s reign so I was prepared to disregard his lack of defensive capabilities somewhat but he looks really poor these days. He hurries his passes too much, gives the ball away in silly positions and has no idea how to defend 1v1 and/or when someone runs at him. If he starts v Liverpool we have no chance of getting something from the game.

CM is by far and away our biggest need. We are crying out for new signings in there.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/09/2020 08:00 by TheReMarkable.

CazOnARola 24 September, 2020 08:23
Quote:
TheReMarkable
I have been one of Bellerins biggest critics but I think he has really turned a corner lately. No issue with him as our starting RB.
I liked Kolasinac and thought he added a lot going forward during Emery’s reign so I was prepared to disregard his lack of defensive capabilities somewhat but he looks really poor these days. He hurries his passes too much, gives the ball away in silly positions and has no idea how to defend 1v1 and/or when someone runs at him. If he starts v Liverpool we have no chance of getting something from the game.

CM is by far and away our biggest need. We are crying out for new signings in there.

Yes but if Tierney isn't fit is between him and holding.

I would go with holding because it allows luiz to play in the center and Gabriel on the left. He had a good game against mane in the shield but i have a feeling holding all cost us with Thiago coming in for Liverpool. But it is still a better option than playing Kolasinac.

We need a lot of luck either ways.

Bellerin doesn't have the same recovery piece, but it isn't really a big problem in a back 5.

His biggest weakness is aerial crosses, but Arteta has him making under lapping runs through the center rather than on the overlap and that makes him doubly dangerous. He is also not as quick as he used to be, so that too hampers him if he tries to go along the outside.

Arteta definitely looks like a top class tactician.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net