Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Too many players
Discussion started by Padre Pio , 15 September, 2020 20:49
Too many players
Padre Pio 15 September, 2020 20:49
I believe we now have too many overseas players over 21.

"When we had to suffer the team is a lion because they suffer together." 4 July 2020 at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arteta on his team's first away victory at a club above them in the Premiership since September 2015 at Leicester.

Re: Too many players
Merlion96 16 September, 2020 00:28
Our squad:

#1 - Leno
#2 - Macey (homegrown 1)
#3 - new goalie

#4 - Gabriel
#5 - Saliba
#6 - Luiz
#7 - Bellerin (homegrown 2)
#8 - Tierney
#9 - Soares
#10- Mari
#11- Mustafi
#12- Kolasinac
#13- Sokratis
#14- Holding (homegrown 3)
#15- Chambers (homegrown 4)

#16- Saka (homegrown 5)
#16- AMN (homegrown 6)
#17- Willock (homegrown 7)
#18- Smith-Rowe (homegrown 8)
#19- Ozil
#20- Guendouzi
#21- Ceballos
#22- Elneny
#23- Xhaka
#24- Torreira

#25- Nelson (homegrown 9)
#26- Nketiah (homegrown 10)
#27- Auba
#28- Laca
#29- Pepe
#30- Martinelli

No wonder Arteta and Edu needed to trim this bloated squad with too many underwhelmed foreign players.

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

Boston Gooner 16 September, 2020 08:24
We have to many players we can't shift.
And are suddenly getting 2nd chances.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

TheReMarkable 16 September, 2020 08:55
If I had a choice:
Sell/get rid of

- Sokratis for 5 mill - ideally but maybe it’ll need to be a free like Micki. It will help with squad numbers and free up significant wages.

- Kolasinac for 8 mill. We got him for free so 5 mill on the fee would prob be fine too. Would be great to get rid of his salary but I imagine that’s what is putting off potential suitors.

- Ozil. Same reasons re salary. Will have to be done on a free or else give him to someone on loan for the year and have them pay the majority of his salary.

- Mustafi - no idea how much we’d get for him if anything. Prob very little to be honest.

Guendouzi - not sure how I feel about him anymore. I liked him early on for his application and attitude but it seems Arteta doesn’t fancy him so that’s enough for me to say get rid. I would want at least 20 mill.

Assuming Torriera & Martinez are both gone then I think the above business (unlikely we are able to sell all) with the addition of Partey would the best we could hope for this window, and something I’d be very happy with.

Willy 16 September, 2020 09:19
No chance Ozil misses out on any remaining weeks of his contract, but yes agreed that those players are the ones that we need to move on ideally.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net