Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

AMN reportedly up for sale
Discussion started by Flava , 06 August, 2020 20:58
AMN reportedly up for sale
Flava 06 August, 2020 20:58
Head of Football Kia Joirabchin has put AMN up for sale, keeping the inferior and older Cedric Soares

Pffft

Re: AMN reportedly up for sale
Bergmars 06 August, 2020 21:05
And Kolapsinac

Under new managment

Flava 06 August, 2020 21:11
Indeed mate

Bergmars 06 August, 2020 21:32
I'm surprised by this

Under new managment

Boston Gooner 06 August, 2020 21:36
Reports are that Arteta isn't happy about it.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

CazOnARola 07 August, 2020 02:57
This is nuts

Boston Gooner 07 August, 2020 07:17
Apparently Everton interested.

We have so much dross to get rid of first and we just can't shift them.

goonerred 07 August, 2020 07:45
AMN is incosistent. He was excellent in the cup final, Chelsea couldn't handle him in the first half, but I've seen him make wrong decisions and not play so well. I don't think I would sell him though, there are worse than him to get rid of.

Boston Gooner 07 August, 2020 08:31
Jeez just read Spurs interest.

weedz 07 August, 2020 09:14
Soarse is just a squady and only just arrived (injured)
Who is going to buy Kolasinic? I've read that he also plans to see out his contract, along side with his buddy in arms.

I agree with Red over ANM
Of that quartet of Saka, Willock, Nelson and him I'd say he is the weaker, as to skill set and athleticism.
He's big, but not quick and has some way to go as to positioning.
Although part of that problem is he is used as untility player, which is his strong suit.
Jack of all trades.......

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

CazOnARola 07 August, 2020 09:20
Weedz. AMN is one the quickest players. He is quicker than Tierney without the ball.

He is the john oshea. You need a players line these to win titles.

Id sell willock and Nelson before i sell AMN because he is going home grown and can play a variety of positions. You can't have 22 great players. He is probably the most versatile player in the squad. May even be able to play emergency CB in 3-4 years time once he gains experience.

Again I'm not comparing abilities of willock and Nelson on the ball but what they bring.

AMN is a proper utility man. The other one is chambers but he is too slow.

Boston Gooner 07 August, 2020 09:50
He is versatile and quick (Weedz)
As Caz said other youngsters should go before him.

SuperRob 07 August, 2020 09:53
Hope this isn't true. Why are we selling 22 year old when there are plenty of underperforming 30 year old in the squad?

AJ The Gunner 07 August, 2020 11:16
Not sure this is a good idea especially if Arteta is not happy about it.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

weedz 07 August, 2020 22:36
I'll stick with what I said above.
IMO he's not that quick.
I can remember just 1 run down the left wing against Cheisea, where he showed some pace, the whole season.
I would defiantly prefer Nelson and Willock over him, if one was determined to be excess to requirements.
And we won't get £30m for him either. £20m tops.
Sell him and Torreina to raise the £45m for Partey.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Boston Gooner 07 August, 2020 23:07
Think with him being able to play different positions it would be a bigger loss to the squad.

CazOnARola 08 August, 2020 11:10
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Think with him being able to play different positions it would be a bigger loss to the squad.
Exactly. Saka, Aubameyang, pepe and Martinelli can all and will probably play on the wings in most games.

Nelson is probably the most dispensible amount the youngsters among with balogun. Willock is still worth keeping as we don't really have quality midfielders and he can do a job there.

But AMN can do a job in all the positions discussed. You can't have more than 2 RBs, LB, LW, RWs in the squad.

So whenever a situation like this season arises with multiple players like Bellerin,Chambers, Soares, Kolasinac, Tierney, Pepe, Auba, Martinelli, you have a one man replacement to plug the holes.

AMN is the best utility player that i can think of for us in recent times.

Merlion96 08 August, 2020 12:20
AMN contract has 2 more years to run.
Was he offered a new contract or he had indicate h will leave to play regular 1st team football?

“The transition from defence to build-up must be executed very quickly. The team tactical manpower in the centre of the field(central defenders, midfielders and striker) is of great importance.”
Renus Michels: “Team Building - The Road to Success”

Lewis_198four 10 August, 2020 03:53
That’s a shame he’s good
Sometimes

AFC
RULE!

Boston Gooner 10 August, 2020 15:11
Apparently 3 clubs going to be bidding for him.
2 premiership and 1 German clubs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net