Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

5subs helped us right out shame it’s gone
Discussion started by Lewis_198four , 06 August, 2020 14:34
5subs helped us right out shame it’s gone
Lewis_198four 06 August, 2020 14:34
And wolves will win the Europa

AFC
RULE!

Re: 5subs helped us right out shame it’s gone
Boston Gooner 06 August, 2020 14:37
Yes back to 3 subs this season.
Lower clubs out voted the bigger clubs.

Now to get rid of the drinks breaks.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Boston Gooner 06 August, 2020 14:41
The clubs have also approved the implementation of the video assistant referee (VAR) for the upcoming season, with officials set to be encouraged to use pitch-side monitors more regularly than they did in the technology's debut campaign.

goonerred 06 August, 2020 15:23
Five subs was unfair on the smaller clubs. You look at the bench of the likes of City compared with Bournemouth and the like. Or Pool and Chelsea. It could swing a match.

The drinks break needs to go it was just a time for coaches to coach. The players are fit, they don't need it. I get why they did it, the games were coming thick and fast and it was 30 degrees at times, it's not needed on a filthy November night.

The ref should have to make the final decision. I don't get the reasoning that the ref could get @#$%& from the fans if they make a decision after looking at the monitor, the get it anyway.

Merlion96 06 August, 2020 16:04
Nay, drink breaks are great for TV to promote advertisements which equates to more revenues for clubs.

It is actually equivalent to USA professional sports using 4 quarters per game to provide more time for TV advertisements.

“The transition from defence to build-up must be executed very quickly. The team tactical manpower in the centre of the field(central defenders, midfielders and striker) is of great importance.”
Renus Michels: “Team Building - The Road to Success”

Boston Gooner 06 August, 2020 16:58
Quote:
Merlion96
Nay, drink breaks are great for TV to promote advertisements which equates to more revenues for clubs.
It is actually equivalent to USA professional sports using 4 quarters per game to provide more time for TV advertisements.

And USA sport on tv is c rap.

goonerred 06 August, 2020 17:07
Quote:
Merlion96

We don't need ads in the middle of each half.

Flava 06 August, 2020 17:31
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
Merlion96

Apart from American Football which is ace

Boston Gooner 06 August, 2020 17:49
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
Merlion96

Flava you get worse 😂😂

Lewis_198four 07 August, 2020 10:28
Lol at all of this

AFC
RULE!

Shane 07 August, 2020 18:51
Flava is a big fan of any activity that stops and starts every 15 seconds for 60 minutes.

Flava 07 August, 2020 20:48
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
Merlion96

Flava you get worse 😂😂

We can’t be friends anymore and I’ve never liked Shane either 😀

weedz 07 August, 2020 22:39
(Sm22)

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Boston Gooner 07 August, 2020 23:01
(Sm22)

Boston Gooner 07 August, 2020 23:05
Quote:
Merlion96

The C/L league game between City and Real never had drinks breaks and it was one of the hottest days.
The games stop and start to much without having them.
Totally no need for them.

Shane 08 August, 2020 01:28
Quote:
Flava
We can’t be friends anymore and I’ve never liked Shane either 😀

He says this in here but he slides into my PMs a few times a year and offers me extortionate amounts of money that he doesn't have for my bathwater. One time he requested that there be no black stuff in it, followed by a winky face that he thinks is cheeky or something, and I'm like I'm not an octopus Flava, but he meant Guinness so not only is he a complete pervert, but a racist to boot.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net