Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Martinez has been strong the last few games
Discussion started by Lewis_198four , 02 July, 2020 00:16
Martinez has been strong the last few games
Lewis_198four 02 July, 2020 00:16
Cock up incoming
Joking
Come on you gunners!

AFC
RULE!

Re: Martinez has been strong the last few games
Lewis_198four 02 July, 2020 00:21
After years of fabianski almunia lehmann szczesney cech I’m not too optimistic
But come on Emilio
Gunners!
At least it’s not Vince Bartram

AFC
RULE!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2020 00:23 by Lewis_198four.

djarse 02 July, 2020 11:37
I agree

Martinez has been very good indeed - great to think we might have two decent keepers

CazOnARola 02 July, 2020 12:33
Martinez stays way inside the box was directly responsible for the first goal given away against sheffield. We havent had anyone that will come for crosses except cech an schesney in the past decade. Inspite of cech being way past his best and completely inept at penalties, he has been the best keeper at the club after Lehman left. Of course he can't play out from the back at all and would have struggled to get game time even in his prime in the current format of the game where teams play out from the back (nor always successfully of course)

Boston Gooner 04 July, 2020 20:56
Dominant in the air once again.

Martinez has played in 16 games across all competitions this campaign and kept eight clean sheets

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

goonerred 04 July, 2020 22:23
He's confident and that transmis confidence in the defence and attack.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/07/2020 07:21 by goonerred.

Lewis_198four 05 July, 2020 00:24
Let’s hope he keeps it up ⚽️
He will the team will too
Come on Arsenal!

AFC
RULE!

CazOnARola 05 July, 2020 06:49
This was his best performance in an arsenal shirt.

MattySadler 05 July, 2020 07:33
Without doubt. He is looking very assured in everything he does. People were understanding worried about Leno's injury but I'm so happy for Emi.

Minor comment really but I mentioned on here years ago about how Wolves developed Carl Ikeme. He first appeared on the bench for them in 2003 or something as a 17 year old, didn't make his senior debut for them until a cup game in about 2005 and didn't make his league debut until coming on as a sub in about 2006. I don't think his first league start was until 2008. All the while he was third choice goalkeeper, going out and getting game time on loan. By the time Wolves needed him he'd played over 50 games elsewhere. We've done something similar with Emi and I think it's worked really well.

Unless we're forced to throw a young goalkeeper in at the deep end at some point similarly to Szczesny that's how I'd like to see us develop a young keeper. Arthur Okonkwo has apparently had some stuff going on this past year, but he's still 18 and very highly rated.

Padre Pio 05 July, 2020 10:02
I am surprised at the all round game of Martinez, I knew he was a good shot stopper, but didnt rate his distribution. This time round his distribution has got better and better, he is playing out from the back really well, at least two goals have come from astute moves started by him.

"When we had to suffer the team is a lion because they suffer together." 4 July 2020 at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arteta on his team's first away victory at a club above them in the Premiership since September 2015 at Leicester.

Boston Gooner 06 July, 2020 08:54
Has done very well.
Needs consistency now.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Gunnersingh1 06 July, 2020 14:31
He's already a better Arsenal GK than Cech was for us!

Lewis_198four 06 July, 2020 23:33
The Players seem to like him
Martinelli especially

AFC
RULE!

Lewis_198four 07 July, 2020 00:23
https://i.postimg.cc/vc395181/EB6-DD70-D-E42-D-44-D6-AB8-D-E99-E2-CCE3753.png

AFC
RULE!

litmus 07 July, 2020 02:40
Yes, definitely. Has been assured dealing with high balls, and has made very good saves without spilling them. I think we can safely say he has taken his chances very well and has assured all Arsenal fans after Leno's injury.

Thinking about Arteta who is a fair person and does not make decisions based on reputations (Ozil, Lacazette), Leno will have a challenge taking back the number one spot when he returns.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net