Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Falogun
Discussion started by djarse , 29 June, 2020 12:38
Falogun
djarse 29 June, 2020 12:38
Looks like he is likely to leave - seems a shame:

[dailycannon.com]

Re: Falogun
goonerred 29 June, 2020 13:16
Folarin Balogun looks like he might be injury prone, I haven't seen him play so I can't comment on him other than what was in the article.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 29/06/2020 15:39 by goonerred.

Merlion96 29 June, 2020 15:12
Barring Gnarby and some foreign youngsters, how many of those overhyped English youngsters with "vast potential" made it in Europe?

What happened to those English lads left Arsenal to play for Barcelona and in Portugal - Joe Willock's brother?

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

Lewis_198four 29 June, 2020 16:19
Man Utd youth player Gomes is leaving and we are after him apparently
He captained the England youth team under 17 that won the World Cup

AFC
RULE!

MattySadler 29 June, 2020 17:57
Been a bit down about this all day, but I can see both sides...

It is pretty rare to have four really talented prospect who play the same position coming through your youth team in a relatively short time, but we've had Mavididi, Nketiah, John-Jules and Balogun all coming through recently. The reality is that the vast majority of youth players don't end up being good enough to make it at their parent clubs, but even for the ones who are, there isn't always the opportunity they need.

Of those four forwards I named, Balogun is the one I've seen the least of, which as it turns out is the cause of this issue, but he was the one who I really thought had that "wow factor".

You'd think he might look at Nketiah, see a player who has worked hard, been given his chance and taken it, and think he could do the same, particularly as Aubameyang will be off sooner rather than later, but when you throw in Lacazette and Martinelli ahead of him as well, it seems he isn't prepared to wait for his chance, which is understandable when you think he could go abroad or to a lower club and start playing sooner.

Will be a shame to lose him but better to get a better fee and maybe even include some kind of sell-on/ buy-back clauses, rather than lose him for nothing/ a nominal fee next year.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net