Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Will Luiz stay or should he?
Discussion started by Padre Pio , 28 May, 2020 13:44
Will Luiz stay or should he?
Padre Pio 28 May, 2020 13:44
Apparently his contract is up for renewal on a one year opton basis, also he is on a very high wage

"When we had to suffer the team is a lion because they suffer together." 4 July 2020 at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arteta on his team's first away victory at a club above them in the Premiership since September 2015 at Leicester.

Re: Will Luiz stay or should he?
goonerred 28 May, 2020 14:13
What is his salary?

Jonny Bravo 28 May, 2020 14:33
In a normal state of affairs Id say get rid. There was a whiff of an all too convenient Kia Joorabchian signing about his arrival, and his numerous gaffs this season haven't gone any way towards improving his reputation.

However, if we haven't a pot to piß this summer in terms of transfer fees, I don't see how we can get in a quality replacement for him.

We'll just have to plow on with what we have and hope Mari and Saliba bring something to the table.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 28/05/2020 15:12 by Jonny Bravo.

Boston Gooner 28 May, 2020 15:33
Get rid.
We will need to shift 2 or 3 C/Backs.
Nobody would take them before as they are on to good a thing here.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Padre Pio 28 May, 2020 20:12
his salary is not made available but Guardian claim it is high

"When we had to suffer the team is a lion because they suffer together." 4 July 2020 at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arteta on his team's first away victory at a club above them in the Premiership since September 2015 at Leicester.

goonerred 28 May, 2020 20:54
Quote:
Padre Pio
his salary is not made available but Guardian claim it is high
As Boston said, get rid.

weedz 28 May, 2020 22:00
Luiz has been talking in the press about how he wants finish his career at his breakthrough club, Benfica, recently.
Both Luiz and Papa could be gone, I reckon.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Padre Pio 28 May, 2020 22:12
Papa? Pepe has a lot left on contract

weedz 28 May, 2020 22:24
(Sm100)

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Boston Gooner 28 May, 2020 22:31
Quote:
weedz
Luiz has been talking in the press about how he wants finish his career at his breakthrough club, Benfica, recently.

Benfica won't be able to pay him what we do.

Padre Pio 29 May, 2020 00:01
We might not care to carry on paying it.

weedz 29 May, 2020 01:22
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
weedz

Benfica won't be able to pay him what we do.

Agreed, but if Luiz wants to finish there, he will play for them on their terms.

Lewis_198four 29 May, 2020 10:15
Let him go

AFC
RULE!

Boston Gooner 31 May, 2020 09:06
According to The Telegraph, Arsenal may attempt to keep defender David Luiz – but on reduced terms as the club attempt to save money.

If they can get his wages down low enough then keep him for another season.
Will be ok for back up.

Boston Gooner 31 May, 2020 10:10
According to reports Luiz has cost us 24 million for 1 season. (Sm105)
Ferking people must love doing deals with us.

The total sum breaks down as £8m on the initial transfer fee, £6m to agents and £10m on Luiz’s annual salary.

goonerred 31 May, 2020 11:42
Quote:
Boston Gooner
According to reports Luiz has cost us 24 million for 1 season. (Sm105) Ferking people must love doing deals with us.

The total sum breaks down as £8m on the initial transfer fee, £6m to agents and £10m on Luiz’s annual salary.
We have more money than sense at our club. He has never deserved that salary and agents just take the @#$%&.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 31/05/2020 20:59 by goonerred.

Padre Pio 31 May, 2020 20:56
Sign Mari and wish him goodbye

Boston Gooner 01 June, 2020 22:08
Quote:
Padre Pio
Sign Mari and wish him goodbye

We seem to be mentioned with a lot of C/Backs.
If we get another one wouldn't be surprised if we let Mari go.
Thing is I doubt a new C/Back will be much if any better than him.

Padre Pio 01 June, 2020 23:06
As long as they are not worse and it cuts the wage bill, anyway we should have Saliba soon

Boston Gooner 02 June, 2020 15:52
Christ one report saying he's got a 2 year contract.
Hope we have dropped his wages.

Padre Pio 02 June, 2020 17:15
Well his wages should be less because the signing on fee will be gone.
Sol Campbell became our highest paid player when you add in his signing on fee. What a bargain he was

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net