Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

We're linked with every player to move here
Discussion started by goonerred , 27 May, 2020 14:37
We're linked with every player to move here
goonerred 27 May, 2020 14:37
and lots of players to leave. One out one in then!

[www.skysports.com]

Re: We're linked with every player to move here
Boston Gooner 27 May, 2020 15:23
Manuel Akanji.
We don't want him. He's slow.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Boston Gooner 27 May, 2020 15:29
Spanish outlet Mundo Deportivo report that Arsenal will let Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang go
to Barcelona in a swap deal for Ousmane Dembele.

Boston Gooner 27 May, 2020 15:31
All this talk of getting Coutinho.
Big mistake that would be.

djarse 27 May, 2020 17:46
Yes agreed about Coutinho - but he won't come unless Ozil goes (his wage demands are similar to Ozil !) and that isn't going to happen till next summer when his contract ends.

We need another centre back unless Arteta is certain Saliba and Mari are up to being first choices. I would be keen on Partey though in midfield from Atletico, Laca might go the other way to pay for him. Plenty of people to shift if we can: Sokratis, Mustafi, Elneny, Mikhtaryan, Ceballos, Maitland-Niles - might raise enough to buy Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard as a replacement for Laca.

mapleleafgooner 27 May, 2020 18:10
Likely Luiz will not get an extension. His current contract expires in June. I am not a fan of his. Too mistake proned. Gives away penalties too easily. His leadership and experience are often touted. I call him a fraud - he was the captain of the Brazilian team that lost 7-1 to Germany at home in Brazil. Worst Brazilian home defeat ever. That is poor leadership and bad experience. I rather get rid of him first before Sokratis or Mustafi.

weedz 27 May, 2020 22:12
One of the positives of the stoppage is that we've lost a bit of emotion in scrutinising our players value to our club.
Before the virus I would have been keen to keep the likes of Luiz, Kolasinac and Mustaffi because the good things they did outshone the poor things they contributed.
Now I couldn't care less if they all went to pastures greener.
The negative side of this, is that I have lost some of the emotion of my love for our club.
It just doesn't feel as important to me anymore.
Hopefully when we start playing again, I'll get my mojo back.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Boston Gooner 27 May, 2020 22:23
Quote:
weedz
One of the positives of the stoppage is that we've lost a bit of emotion in scrutinising our players value to our club.
Before the virus I would have been keen to keep the likes of Luiz, Kolasinac and Mustaffi because the good things they did outshone the poor things they contributed.
The negative side of this, is that I have lost some of the emotion of my love for our club.

Not without crowds I won't.

Padre Pio 28 May, 2020 00:00
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
weedz

Not without crowds I won't.

Football really does seem insignificant when you cant see the end to this pandemic

"When we had to suffer the team is a lion because they suffer together." 4 July 2020 at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arteta on his team's first away victory at a club above them in the Premiership since September 2015 at Leicester.

Boston Gooner 28 May, 2020 08:47
Arsenal are back in training ahead of the prospective return to action next month, and Bukayo Saka was not training with the defenders.

Kieran Tierney and Sead Kolasinac both look fighting fit in training yesterday, which looks to have allowed Saka a return upfield.

We could be making the wrong assumptions of course, but Mikel Arteta has praised young Tierney since his arrival, and if fully-fit there would be no reason not to utilise his ability, and I’m pretty certain that Saka sees himself as a winger.

Get his bloody contract sorted.

goonerred 28 May, 2020 09:15
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Arsenal are back in training ahead of the prospective return to action next month, and Bukayo Saka was not training with the defenders.
Kieran Tierney and Sead Kolasinac both look fighting fit in training yesterday, which looks to have allowed Saka a return upfield.

We could be making the wrong assumptions of course, but Mikel Arteta has praised young Tierney since his arrival, and if fully-fit there would be no reason not to utilise his ability, and I’m pretty certain that Saka sees himself as a winger.

Get his bloody contract sorted.
If he stays fit! He seems to be one of those injury-prone players that we always seeem to have on our books.

Gunnersingh1 28 May, 2020 09:48
Football is not important but it will be good to have something to watch and moan about, lol.

goonerred 28 May, 2020 12:45
Quote:
weedz
I can't believe you typed that out loud!

Boston Gooner 04 June, 2020 21:30
A lot of talk about us selling Tierney.
Something stupid we would do.
Take care of his injuries and get him fit for someone else. lol

weedz 04 June, 2020 23:46
Ok. Here's how I'd like to think our upcoming Transfer window might look like, knowing we 're not looking to spend.
I don't think we'll alter our keepers
We buy Mari, ( 6m - 8m ) which means we have 6 CBs plus Chambers.
We have to trim, but can't really get rid of Luiz, Papa and Mustafi in one go because we are then very thin on experience at the back. So let's trim 2 of those CBs.
I'd keep Mustafi, simply on a his age (26) and let the other two leave.
With Chambers coming back we're OK at RB (3)and the same with Teirney returning to LB (2) plus Saka.
We do the Partey - Lacazette swap, which strengthens our CMF considerably.
Xhaka, Torreira, Willock Gwen and Partey. Cabellos gcoes home.
We bring back Santi as player / coach to give us a 6 player CMF. ANM goes.
This seems a backward step but gives us a stronger presence in the centre of the pitch.
Now the forward line.
A big assumption, but Auba stays.
No one is willing to take him, for the money we're asking, because of his age and the present economic climate.
Do we have enough goals in us with Auba and our young group of forwards?
"Martinelli, Pepe, Akpom, Smith-Rowe, Saka and Nelson" Akpom is our only 'target'forward.
And of course the elephant in the room, Ozil. If we somehow managed to farm out Ozil, then a loan move for Coutinho might eventuate.
Realistic pipe-dreams? I don't know, but I'd be happy if we could achieve this.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Padre Pio 05 June, 2020 00:46
We have Saliba to come at start of next season?

"When we had to suffer the team is a lion because they suffer together." 4 July 2020 at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arteta on his team's first away victory at a club above them in the Premiership since September 2015 at Leicester.

weedz 05 June, 2020 08:18
Yes, I didn't forget him. It's just I can't see him getting a starting spot mate.
He's got a grand reputation for a young player, but it will be tough moving from League1 to the EPL.
Mari coming in gives us a bit of needed height at 6' 4"
And we've also got that Greek groin-strain, whose name I can't remember. Mourvanpic or something.
He's been playing recently, but has not been bringing down the house in the 2nd div in Germany.
If you count both of them we'd still have too many
The young Greek, Saliba, Mari, Holding, Chambers and 1 of Mustafi, Luiz and Sokratis.
And then there is Medley as well.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/06/2020 08:26 by weedz.

Boston Gooner 05 June, 2020 08:40
Greek groin-strain is injured again.

SuperRob 05 June, 2020 09:27
Our squad is so far behind and our management is in such a mess that I can't really get hopeful by the coming transfer window. Our only hope is that Arteta is a next level genius who can get the most out of the rubbish / past it / big reputation but underperforming signings that we will inevitably make this summer and scrape a top four finish next season when we don't have Europa league to worry about.

Boston Gooner 14 June, 2020 09:07
Tottenham have been offered Aaron Ramsey and could seal a loan deal for the £400k-a-week Juventus midfielder.
Arsenal are hoping to sell Ainsley Maitland-Niles for £20m to fund a new contract for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.

Flava 14 June, 2020 10:56
I don’t think Ramsey would go to Spurs but you never know

Boston Gooner 14 June, 2020 11:33
Quote:
Flava
I don’t think Ramsey would go to Spurs but you never know

Plus I'm not sure Spurs would want him.
He isn't going to get £400k-a-week in the Prem for an injury prone player.

goonerred 14 June, 2020 11:42
Plus, he's 30 at the end of the year, nobody wants to pay that kind of money to an older player especially and injury-prone player which will get worse.

Boston Gooner 14 June, 2020 16:13
Rumours.
talks with Roma to sign young forward Justin Kluivert as part of a deal that would see Henrikh Mkhitaryan move permanently to the Serie A team, according to reports in Italy.

Boston Gooner 15 June, 2020 17:54
Arsenal have offered Tanguy Kouassi a deal at the Emirates as the Paris Saint-Germain starlet closes in on a move away from the Ligue 1 champions, according to Le10 Sport.

Boston Gooner 21 June, 2020 17:16
Jesus christ Joe Hart on a free transfer..

No No No.

goonerred 21 June, 2020 17:24
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Jesus christ Joe Hart on a free transfer..
No No No.
You know it makes sense.

Boston Gooner 27 June, 2020 09:56
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta seems to have understood that and has now found an alternative if the Gunners cannot bring in Partey this summer.

ESPN have claimed today that Arsenal are interested in signing Porto’s Danilo Pereira in this summer’s transfer window. The 28-year old is hugely experienced for both club and country, and he would be a very interesting signing.

MattySadler 27 June, 2020 11:08
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta seems to have understood that and has now found an alternative if the Gunners cannot bring in Partey this summer.
ESPN have claimed today that Arsenal are interested in signing Porto’s Danilo Pereira in this summer’s transfer window. The 28-year old is hugely experienced for both club and country, and he would be a very interesting signing.

Pretty sure we were linked with him a few years ago. Not as exciting Partey (which I've been skeptical about all along), don't know loads about him but he would add much-needed power and athleticism to our midfield at the very least. Be interested to see what he'd cost.

Boston Gooner 27 June, 2020 12:13
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
Boston Gooner

Pretty sure we were linked with him a few years ago. Not as exciting Partey (which I've been skeptical about all along), don't know loads about him but he would add much-needed power and athleticism to our midfield at the very least. Be interested to see what he'd cost.

Apparently cheaper than his value.
Porto need the money & need to balance books.

MattySadler 27 June, 2020 18:28
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
MattySadler
Quote:
Boston Gooner

Apparently cheaper than his value.
Porto need the money & need to balance books.

Now that is interesting. I've seen fees ranging from £18 - 50 million being bandied about on Twitter.

If it was a case of :

A) signing Partey but selling Guendouzi

or

cool smiley not signing Partey, signing Danilo and not selling Guendouzi

I think I'd be more inclined to go for B...

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net