Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

National League clubs agree to VOID season.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 25 March, 2020 14:22
National League clubs agree to VOID season.
Boston Gooner 25 March, 2020 14:22
THE ENTIRE non-league season is set to be declared finished as a result of the coronavirus.

National League chief executive Michael Tattersal has written to the 68 clubs under his command to confirm his intention of shutting down the competition.

“The FA have been asked to assist us with making the decisions to officially postpone all remaining National League fixtures and to end the season as soon as possible for the purposes of player contracts.”

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: National League clubs agree to VOID season.
weedz 25 March, 2020 20:13
This could be seen as a precedent.
You would be feeling sick if you're a Lpool fan

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Padre Pio 25 March, 2020 22:59
This is a minor league, but I should think the lesson is not lost, I should think it will depend on how quickly its all brought under control. They seem to be saying they could play up to end of June or evn beyond. It will cost a lot to cancel.

"When we had to suffer the team is a lion because they suffer together." 4 July 2020 at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arteta on his team's first away victory at a club above them in the Premiership since September 2015 at Leicester.

younghansolo 26 March, 2020 10:19
Literally the only silver lining for me in all of this horror is Liverpool will either: A. not win the league or B. Be remembered for winning it in the season that doesn't really count.

AJ The Gunner 26 March, 2020 14:37
Whatever the decision the epl takes, if this pandemic is not contained soonest, I wonder what will be our faith considering where we are at the table.

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

goonerred 26 March, 2020 15:03
If the season is declared null and void, would they return to last season;s league placings for the Uefa competitions. If so, we finished 5th, given that City might be banned, well, se could get in the CL. Argh, we will need lots more players!

Boston Gooner 26 March, 2020 17:30
Quote:
goonerred
If the season is declared null and void, would they return to last season;s league placings for the Uefa competitions. If so, we finished 5th, given that City might be banned, well, se could get in the CL. Argh, we will need lots more players!

We need a lot of quality players wherever we finnish. lol

goonerred 26 March, 2020 17:32
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
goonerred

We need a lot of quality players wherever we finnish. lol
Of course, but we'll be really shown up if we go into the CL league with the lot we have now.

Boston Gooner 26 March, 2020 17:35
All football in England below the three divisions that make up the National League will end immediately and all results will be expunged.

It means there will be no promotion or relegation in these leagues.

The same will happen in the women's game below the Women's Super League and Championship level.

However, the National League, National League North and South, WSL and Women's Championship will continue towards a conclusion "as quickly as possible".

Boston Gooner 26 March, 2020 17:44
The chairman of South Shields said the club may take legal action after results for the 2019-20 season for the third tier of non-league football and below were expunged.

The Football Association announced the move on Thursday as sport continues to wrestle with the question of how to cope with the coronavirus-enforced shutdown.

South Shields were 12 points clear at the top of the Northern Premier Division and all but mathematically certain of clinching promotion to National League North.

Sorry mate but there are more important thing going on than Football.

goonerred 26 March, 2020 18:19
Quote:
Boston Gooner
The chairman of South Shields said the club may take legal action after results for the 2019-20 season for the third tier of non-league football and below were expunged.
The Football Association announced the move on Thursday as sport continues to wrestle with the question of how to cope with the coronavirus-enforced shutdown.

South Shields were 12 points clear at the top of the Northern Premier Division and all but mathematically certain of clinching promotion to National League North.

Sorry mate but there are more important thing going on than Football.
This. The worst is yet to come!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net