Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Cesc Fàbregas and Arseblog
Discussion started by Flava , 24 March, 2020 20:06
Cesc Fàbregas and Arseblog
Flava 24 March, 2020 20:06
There’s a podcast from the brilliant Arseblog, he interviews Cesc Fàbregas. It’s a really fantastic interview and I urge you all to listen to it.

I’m slightly biased as Cesc is one of my favourite ever Arsenal players

Re: Cesc Fàbregas and Arseblog
Jonny Bravo 25 March, 2020 21:46
Just listened to it. Cesc spoke well and candidly about his time with us and his reasons for leaving.
On the face of it he seemed to share some of the frustrations we as fans had with the lack of investment and direction of the club.
From Andrew's preamble before the interview, the issue of Cesc and Arsenal still seems to polarize opinion from people who regard his as a F1 testing watching snake, to those who regard him as an Arsenal legend.

Personally I think its possible to be of the opinion that while he gave his all whilst on the pitch for us, especially being surrounded by inferior players, he also didn't cover himself in glory in the way he forced the move to Barcelona.

Without spoiling the interview, he has always come across as a very clever guy, who was able to put his career goals ahead of any emotional attachments to his current or previous clubs.

I suppose if there is one flip side to his move to Barcelona, its that it facilitated Arteta's move to us in 2011, and to ultimately become our manager.

younghansolo 26 March, 2020 10:17
I love Cesc always will, but, some of this is stretching the truth a little to his perspective. He conveniently ignores the fact that he wanted to return to Spain for years and repeatedly threatened to leave, that Barcelona was where he wanted to be and that as Arsenal Captain he decided to rush off to the Formala 1 rather than finish the season with his teammates. Or how in the champions league he was laughing and joking with his Barca mates while we were desperately trying to win a match we were capable of winning.

Nothing is ever simple but Cesc decided he wanted to leave not just because we were rubbish and underinvesting, but because he wanted to leave. We could have been winning the league every year and he still would have left us.

The issues around Arsenal at the time may have eased his conscience, but they were hardly the only reasons why he left.

goonerred 26 March, 2020 10:25
Quote:
younghansolo
I love Cesc always will, but, some of this is stretching the truth a little to his perspective. He conveniently ignores the fact that he wanted to return to Spain for years and repeatedly threatened to leave, that Barcelona was where he wanted to be and that as Arsenal Captain he decided to rush off to the Formala 1 rather than finish the season with his teammates. Or how in the champions league he was laughing and joking with his Barca mates while we were desperately trying to win a match we were capable of winning.
Nothing is ever simple but Cesc decided he wanted to leave not just because we were rubbish and underinvesting, but because he wanted to leave. We could have been winning the league every year and he still would have left us.

The issues around Arsenal at the time may have eased his conscience, but they were hardly the only reasons why he left.
I agree, he had his head turned after the World Cu.

BootyDaddy 26 March, 2020 14:27
Not resigning Fabregas when we had first option was one of Wenger's biggest mistakes.

Albert Einstein once said: "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Shane 26 March, 2020 16:13
In computing there is such a thing called a link Flava. This is him in a nutshell. He tells you about something interesting but you have to go looking for it yourself. It's a bit like pulling somebody close to you, cupping your mouth so that nobody else can hear and whispering into their ear, 'There's a hidden treasure chest full of gold bullion and emeralds in Wales' and then just f*cking off.

Flava 26 March, 2020 20:39
Where in Wales mate?

Shane 26 March, 2020 21:38
Just pretend it's full of dildos and you'll find it quick enough.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net