Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Our players lost to injury
Discussion started by goonerred , 23 March, 2020 11:38
Our players lost to injury
goonerred 23 March, 2020 11:38
It was a shame we lost Santi too soon from a bad injury. We lost at least two more good players in the same way, Rosicky who was class and Eduardo who had so much potential. Any more?

Re: Our players lost to injury
Padre Pio 23 March, 2020 12:47
Forgotten Diaby ?

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

goonerred 23 March, 2020 13:17
Quote:
Padre Pio
Forgotten Diaby ?
I knew there was at least one other lingering in my brain cells.

Jonny Bravo 23 March, 2020 17:43
Wilshere.

Different circumstances and trajectory to say Santi or even Rosicky, both of whom had good careers to varying extents. Wilshere's never got going, due to his style of play and opponents propensity to scythe him down at the ankles.

CazOnARola 23 March, 2020 19:21
Ramsey should be part of this list. Apart from his leg break, he kept missing games once he got the injury towards the end of that wonder season.
Post that, he just kept getting injured every 10-15 games.

Denilson broke his back post 2008 when he had tackles /passing stats like Carrick. Just faded away post that.

We got Van persie for only one and half season as well.

goonerred 23 March, 2020 19:48
All good calls.

Jonny Bravo 23 March, 2020 19:57

That was the most sickening element of this move to United. I wouldnt have minded so much if he had given us a few good years of solid service, only to realise he wasn't going to win the league with us and go when age was against him.
However soon as he managed to stay fit for a season plus, he jumped ship with no acknowledgement of this loyalty we should him during his injury blighted career with us.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/03/2020 22:31 by Jonny Bravo.

goonerred 23 March, 2020 20:45
Quote:
Jonny Bravo
That was the most sickening element of this move to United. I wouldnt have minded so much if he had given us a years of solid service, only to realise he wasn't going to win the league with us and go when age was against him.
However soon as he managed to stay fit for a season plus, he jumped ship with no acknowledgement of this loyalty we should him during his injury blighted career with us.

I never forgave him for that.

Padre Pio 24 March, 2020 00:21
Why be down on RvP, I never thought about him after he left, but didnt blame him, Arsenal had no ambition he wanted to win the league

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

goonerred 24 March, 2020 10:07
Quote:
Padre Pio
Why be down on RvP, I never thought about him after he left, but didnt blame him, Arsenal had no ambition he wanted to win the league
I take your point to a certain extent, but we stood by him through all of his injuries, had he been fit, we might have won more at that time. It irked me that he had one good season then ran off to United who wouldn't have touched him with a barge pole, obviously, when we stood by him month after month as he lay on the treatment bed.

Jonny Bravo 24 March, 2020 15:38
Quote:
Padre Pio

"You guys....."

weedz 24 March, 2020 21:07
Eduardo is the one I remember the most when we talk about great players who had their career shortened by injury.
We'll never know how far he could have gone, but I remember almost crying when I watched it happen. It was so bad on so many levels.
Our youth players like Cesc and Hleb standing around seeing and watching close up. Willie G was our Captain and should have taken the rest of the team away from the incident, but no none took charge and the looks on the young players faces showed me that that one incident phucked our season.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

goonerred 25 March, 2020 08:39
Quote:
weedz
Eduardo is the one I remember the most when we talk about great players who had their career shortened by injury.
We'll never know how far he could have gone, but I remember almost crying when I watched it happen. It was so bad on so many levels.
Our youth players like Cesc and Hleb standing around seeing and watching close up. Willie G was our Captain and should have taken the rest of the team away from the incident, but no none took charge and the looks on the young players faces showed me that that one incident phucked our season.
That was terrible, both the injury and a career, not exactly cut short as he played again, but in terms of the lost potential.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net