Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Mari starts for Arsenal Under-23s.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 17 February, 2020 22:26
Mari starts for Arsenal Under-23s.
Boston Gooner 17 February, 2020 22:26
Pablo Mari and Rob Holding both had 45 minutes for Arsenal’s under-23s as they lost 2-1 to Chelsea at Meadow Park.

Folarin Balogun put Steve Bould’s side ahead on 16 minutes but the visitors, who lead the Premier League 2 table, bounced back quickly courtesy of goals from Armando Broja and Billy Gilmour.

Pablo, signed on loan from Flamengo for the rest of the season, hadn’t kicked a ball in anger since the Club World Cup final against Liverpool in late December and has been working hard to regain full fitness since joining in January.

Given his appearance this evening, it seems unlikely he’ll feature in Greece on Thursday night. The same probably goes for Holding who has endured a stop-start season so far.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 17/02/2020 22:28 by Boston Gooner.

Re: Mari starts for Arsenal Under-23s.
goonerred 18 February, 2020 08:08
How does Rob holding get to play in the under 23s when he's 24?

Boston Gooner 18 February, 2020 08:41
Quote:
goonerred
How does Rob holding get to play in the under 23s when he's 24?

I think you are allowed 2 or 3 older players.

goonerred 18 February, 2020 09:58
Must be, Mari is slightly older.

Boston Gooner 18 February, 2020 14:27
We did concede the 2 goals when Pablo Mari and Rob Holding where the C/backs.

Reports are that Mari isn't fit enough yet and Holding showed a lot of rustiness.

goonerred 18 February, 2020 14:42
Quote:
Boston Gooner
We did concede the 2 goals when Pablo Mari and Rob Holding where the C/backs.
Reports are that Mari isn't fit enough yet and Holding showed a lot of rustiness.
That's great to know for the future.

Gunnersingh1 18 February, 2020 18:31
Holding needs to be moved on.

We've got too many 3/4th chioce defenders.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net