Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Pepe
Discussion started by CazOnARola , 15 February, 2020 04:33
Pepe
CazOnARola 15 February, 2020 04:33
Arsenal's last 5 wins in all competitions:
Vitoria (H): 3-2 – Pepe brace
West Ham (A): 1-3 – Pepe goal and assist
Manchester United (H): 2-0 – Pepe goal
Leeds (H): 1-0 – Pepe beats 2/3 players to make the opening for the goal
Bournemouth (A): 2-1

Pepe started all those games. He does make a difference as the opposition has to put two men on him which creates space for others at least.

He has to start more games.

Re: Pepe
goonerred 15 February, 2020 08:47
I agree. Play him and let's see what he can do. He needs to work a bit harder off the ball, but he will take on players and looks exciting when he does.

Gooner Sod 15 February, 2020 10:55
Agreed, we have too many other passengers like Laca & Ozil starting every game. At least with Pepe, there's always that chance he'll make something happen.

''No one saw me coming - No problem. I always believed.
Kept working, found my killer instinct. Relentless? Yes. Patient? Always. Quick? You'll see.
I am Nico and I am here''

N. Pepe, Arsenal FC.

CazOnARola 16 February, 2020 19:02
7th win - 2assists, 1 goal.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 16/02/2020 19:03 by CazOnARola.

Padre Pio 16 February, 2020 19:21
Star post

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Flava 16 February, 2020 19:29
Pepe is a baller, no doubt about it. He’s often got to do it on his own as Bellerin isn’t overlapping, probably on instruction as he fills in on the right half space. We push the LB miles up the pitch and Xhaka fills in on the left. Aubameyang can then cut in.

Pepe can be frustrating but he makes things happen. If we can get him playing closer to the goal and not stuck on the touch line he’ll get 15 goals a season. Superior defenders and a mobile DM would mean Bellerin could push on and Pepe could come inside a bit more.

goonerred 16 February, 2020 20:02
Pepe, my boy, scored and assisted. I have faith, give him time.

Flava 16 February, 2020 20:57
I like him mate. There, I’ve said it now. What’s he got now, 6 goals and 7ish assists? He could end the season with 10 of each which would be alright

Gooner Sod 16 February, 2020 22:23
Quote:
Flava
I like him mate. There, I’ve said it now. What’s he got now, 6 goals and 7ish assists? He could end the season with 10 of each which would be alright

5league goals & 2 in Cup. Not sure how many assists but at least 6 now.

Its not bad for a first season especially in a team as terrible as us this season. He's deffo coming into his own finally now.

''No one saw me coming - No problem. I always believed.
Kept working, found my killer instinct. Relentless? Yes. Patient? Always. Quick? You'll see.
I am Nico and I am here''

N. Pepe, Arsenal FC.

Gunnersingh1 16 February, 2020 23:21
But Mick told us he offers no balance to the side and is awful in training!

I've always stuck by Pepe and i know he's going to be a top player for us in the years ahead.

Flava 17 February, 2020 10:07
Quote:
Gunnersingh1
I've always stuck by Pepe and i know he's going to be a top player for us in the years ahead.

There must’ve been a reason why Emery and Lungberg weren’t picking him, we’ll never know why. He’d be in my team ever y time.

It must’ve been difficult for him coming over here and playing in adysfunctional team. He’s definitely getting there.

Fair play to Arteta, he’s got Pepe and Özil closing down and winning the ball back.

MickTheMan 17 February, 2020 23:45
Quote:
Flava
Quote:
Gunnersingh1

There must’ve been a reason why Emery and Lungberg weren’t picking him, we’ll never know why. He’d be in my team ever y time.

It must’ve been difficult for him coming over here and playing in adysfunctional team. He’s definitely getting there.

Fair play to Arteta, he’s got Pepe and Özil closing down and winning the ball back.

Exactly what i was saying. Arteta did gave a hint of it as well. Maybe Gs1 is just not inteligent enough to comprehend that. When you have Joe Willock being subbed ahead of you than surely there must be something going on behind the scenes (not that i was agreeing with that bcos we were drawing).

We can all be sure that there are significant upgrade in Pepes work ethic since Mikel arrival and even if he'll have some quiet game now it wont affect his place in the first eleven.

Singh if you think that there was a lot of balance in either sides yesterday then you really are more clueless than i thought you were. We were playing poor Newcastle team that were better than us for almost an hour. Saint-Maximin almost ripped Bellerin a new one and we can only imagine what would someone like Mane have done having so much time and space.

I could argue that there was more balance when Laca came on or that he scored and assisted being only 10 minutes on the pitch but i know you won't acknowledge that as you don't want him in the team.

Anyway im happy when Pepe scores and i'll be happy if he becomes one of the best signings in our history. Right now he isn't. I want him to start games and i want him to improve bcos everyone knows the talent is there. Thing is that I dont see the point to pretend he doesn't do anything wrong or that hard work can't improve his capabilities all over the pitch just to suit my agenda or to post some "ive been proven right" childish s.hit in the middle of next season.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net