Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Mkhitaryan.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 11 February, 2020 17:08
Mkhitaryan.
Boston Gooner 11 February, 2020 17:08
He will end up back here.
Nobody in there right mind is going to pay the reported £20 million for him.

We want to drop the price & cut our losses.
Don't need him hanging around as well.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Mkhitaryan.
BootyDaddy 11 February, 2020 17:32
Agreed.

We just need this (expensive) deadwood off the books.

If we get any fee for him it should just be considered a bonus.

Albert Einstein: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

Gooner Sod 11 February, 2020 17:34
Could have used him this season actually. He made far more contributions than some players currently in squad getting regular minutes.

You can always count on him to contribute with some goals. Which is more than i can say for Ozil, Nelson & Willock.

It's actually ridiculous the amount of decent players we let go at end of season. Monreal, Koseilny, Ramsey, Mhyki & Iwobi. All these players got significant game time last season where we finished 1pt behind 4th after a disastrous last 6games.

It's no coincidence that we are now a midtable team looking behind our shoulders rather than ahead.

''No one saw me coming - No problem. I always believed.
Kept working, found my killer instinct. Relentless? Yes. Patient? Always. Quick? You'll see.
I am Nico and I am here''

N. Pepe, Arsenal FC.

mapleleafgooner 11 February, 2020 20:15
Maybe Arteta might get the best out of him. When on form, he can be a an offensive threat.

BootyDaddy 11 February, 2020 21:06
Get rid and move on.

We need to move forward, not keep trying to flog a dead horse.

Albert Einstein: "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

CazOnARola 11 February, 2020 21:50
He needs moving on. Although if emerys plan was to ostracize ozil at the start of the season, mkhi should have stayed and we could have just not landed Ceballos.

Kalela 12 February, 2020 06:09
I liked him more than Ozil when he was here.

BootyDaddy 12 February, 2020 11:20
^Why? He was gash.

Unbelievably he was probably the only grossly overpaid player to be more inconsistent than Ozil as well?

Boston Gooner 12 February, 2020 11:59
Terrible mistake in getting Mkhitaryan in the first place.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

goonerred 12 February, 2020 12:02
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Everything that happened that January transfer window was a huge mistake.

weedz 12 February, 2020 20:01
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
Boston Gooner
j
Getting rid of Sanchez wasnt

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

sinpa01 12 February, 2020 23:41
We are dead wood FC !! Banter FC !! SMH

goonerred 13 February, 2020 09:18
Quote:
weedz
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
Boston Gooner
j
Getting rid of Sanchez wasnt
I don't disagree, except we got Mhiki in return and paid Ozil a salary that he was never worthy of at any stage of his career at Arsenal ,we l just kept him because it would have looked bad to let our two 'star players' to leave at the same time.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net