Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Our rapid decline started with the appointment of Raul Sanllehi
Discussion started by Merlion96 , 08 February, 2020 15:10
Our rapid decline started with the appointment of Raul Sanllehi
Merlion96 08 February, 2020 15:10
Yes, Arsene Wenger is responsible for our decline after 2007/08 near-miss.
Yet he kept us in Top-4 for 8 of the last 10 years and he committed that fatal hubris by appealing to Silent Stan to give him another 2 years to turnaround the squad whereas the Board decided not to renew his contract.

Raul Sanllehi as Director of Operations?
He is a walking disaster with all his connections with super agents, snapping up Dortsmund leftovers, keep on supporting Emery even with the facts staring in his face that he had lost the dressing room, the fans.

And even Emery alleged that the Board was considering giving him a contract extension after his first season performance where he bottled it and can't even snapped 2 more points from his last 5 league games to be Top-4.

Don't look at Arsene Wenger, don't look at Unai Emery, just look at that Director of Football Operations that landed Arsenal FC in such a sad state of an also-run team nearer to relegation zone than to Top-4, as our rights of being a big club.

As Harry Truman said: "The buck stopped here".

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

Re: Our rapid decline started with the appointment of Raul Sanllehi
Boston Gooner 08 February, 2020 15:48
You've got Wenger blood running through you. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

CazOnARola 08 February, 2020 15:56
We need to stop talking about wenger. He made a transfer profit for 90% of his tenure. This profit was then never reinvested and we had to play eboue at RW for one season and bendtner at RW at another point in time.

Like i said on anther thread, if we sell some players, we will earn transfer funds to the tune of 150mn give or take. That money does not need to be used to pay off any loans. If can be reinvested in the squad and the buck stops with ppl now in charge.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/02/2020 15:57 by CazOnARola.

Merlion96 08 February, 2020 23:12
Quote:
Boston Gooner

He is coming back! ….. to help Arteta!(Sm22)

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

Boston Gooner 08 February, 2020 23:33
Quote:
Merlion96
Quote:
Boston Gooner

He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the club.

goonerred 09 February, 2020 13:39
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
Merlion96
Quote:
Boston Gooner

He shouldn't be allowed anywhere near the club.

mapleleafgooner 09 February, 2020 13:53
If Wenger comes back, we will see a resurgence of the AKBs on this forum.

Shane 09 February, 2020 19:39
I think a lot of AKBs can feel pretty vindicated around now. Managing Arsenal is a lot harder than Wenger made it look. I don't know about the wider world but on here there was definitely a sense that anybody could do a better job than him.

Boston Gooner 09 February, 2020 22:27
And someone will.

goonerred 10 February, 2020 07:24
I don't think anyone can say Wenger would have done better or worse over the last two years. We were defienitely in decline before he left. It's probably like a tanker turning, it will take time before someone turns our fortunes around. One thing is for sure, Wenger had to go, we needed to freshen things up. We are now in transition and we have to be patient. I now hope for the best, but expect the worst in every match we play in.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/02/2020 07:25 by goonerred.

Padre Pio 10 February, 2020 09:21
Well before he went Wenger got us down to 6th, and the trajectory was still downward.
Obviously we needed a quality manager, and to get that Wenger would have to have gone earlier to make way for one. He wasnt prepared to do that, and the management are not prepared to pay for a big time appointment.
Arteta is a gamble, sometimes that works, and very often it doesnt.
Being a fan is not all ice creams and barn dances

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

goonerred 10 February, 2020 09:43
Quote:
Padre Pio
Well before he went Wenger got us down to 6th, and the trajectory was still downward.
Obviously we needed a quality manager, and to get that Wenger would have to have gone earlier to make way for one. He wasnt prepared to do that, and the management are not prepared to pay for a big time appointment.
Arteta is a gamble, sometimes that works, and very often it doesnt.
Being a fan is not all ice creams and barn dances
Rightly or wrongly, I expected Pep to be a natural replacement for Wenger, then I thought Klopp might come in. We missed them both because Wenger was still in situ.

CazOnARola 10 February, 2020 10:38
Pep was never an option. He had a lot of offers from clubs with millions of dollars to spend in epl and serie A once he decided to leave bayern. But yes klopp was an option. He would have definitely come after what happened at dortmund at the end.

Shane 10 February, 2020 13:44
I personally didn't want Klopp. Dortmund were literally rock bottom of the Bundesliga in February of his last season, with Aubameyang up front, and I thought it was very alarming how the team collapsed after losing their biggest players.

And obviously Arsenal, who have been known to haemorrage big players, sometimes several in the same window at that time, need a manager who can re-structure and re-build the team when richer clubs decimate our first XI and I didn't trust Klopp's ability to do that.

They went from Champions League runners-up to relegation candidates after losing Lewandowski and Gotze a year apart. Arsenal lost Van Persie, Nasri, Song, Clichy and Song - all of which beat Barcelona that night in 2011 - in the space of one year and Wenger contrived to make us better without them.

You'd obviously have taken Klopp had we known what he'd achieve at Liverpool, but at the time there was a genuine argument that Wenger was the better manager for Arsenal and to criticise him for not resigning just because Klopp was available is crazy I think.

Boston Gooner 10 February, 2020 13:52
Whoopie Doo Wenger.

CazOnARola 10 February, 2020 14:48
Quote:
Shane
I personally didn't want Klopp. Dortmund were literally rock bottom of the Bundesliga in February of his last season, with Aubameyang up front, and I thought it was very alarming how the team collapsed after losing their biggest players.
And obviously Arsenal, who have been known to haemorrage big players, sometimes several in the same window at that time, need a manager who can re-structure and re-build the team when richer clubs decimate our first XI and I didn't trust Klopp's ability to do that.

They went from Champions League runners-up to relegation candidates after losing Lewandowski and Gotze a year apart. Arsenal lost Van Persie, Nasri, Song, Clichy and Song - all of which beat Barcelona that night in 2011 - in the space of one year and Wenger contrived to make us better without them.

You'd obviously have taken Klopp had we known what he'd achieve at Liverpool, but at the time there was a genuine argument that Wenger was the better manager for Arsenal and to criticise him for not resigning just because Klopp was available is crazy I think.
Agree. Klopp also needed ultra fit players a and gundogan and co. got a lot of soft tissue injuries and i didn't think our lot would be able to handle it. In fact i felt klopps trio of salah, firminho and mane would breakdown last season similar to gotze and co and expected liverpool to stutter last season. But klopps backroom team has found the solution. I read an interview somewhere that klopp has attributed the success of the team to quick physically recovery and a special diet that allows them to sustain their performance inspite of the schedule and recover quicker post games. So he has found the solution to his roadblock at dortmund in his back room team.
There's also the article on the amount of money FSG has invested in the turf at Liverpool to allow the fast paced style of play, so klopp has been backed to the hilt by the Liverpool higher management one he took over.

Padre Pio 10 February, 2020 14:49
Re: Klopp officially named Liverpool manager
Flava 09 October, 2015 13:49

There is nothing to suggest he won't be a success. He did well at Mainz, he led them to their first ever season in the Bundesliga. He did well at Dortmund, 2 Bundesliga titles, a champions league final and a champions league semi final. Dortmund's budget is 1/3 of Arsenals.

Klopp might not get it right at Liverpool, no one has managed to yet since 1990, Benitez one a few cups and of course the CL so not all bad.

I think it's a great appointment and I believe he'll do well. I hope you are all right though, I hope he bombs.

- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

SandyB 10 February, 2020 14:54
Chill AKBs chill. Wenger has taken up his career as woodpecker now, no where near managing a football team again in his life!! Move on!

Boston Gooner 10 February, 2020 15:14
Quote:
SandyB
Chill AKBs chill. Wenger has taken up his career as woodpecker now, no where near managing a football team again in his life!! Move on!

Shane 10 February, 2020 20:43
Quote:
Padre Pio
Re: Klopp officially named Liverpool manager Flava 09 October, 2015 13:49
There is nothing to suggest he won't be a success. He did well at Mainz, he led them to their first ever season in the Bundesliga. He did well at Dortmund, 2 Bundesliga titles, a champions league final and a champions league semi final. Dortmund's budget is 1/3 of Arsenals.

Klopp might not get it right at Liverpool, no one has managed to yet since 1990, Benitez one a few cups and of course the CL so not all bad.

I think it's a great appointment and I believe he'll do well. I hope you are all right though, I hope he bombs.

Flava edited that in June.

Padre Pio 10 February, 2020 21:09
Quote:
Shane
Quote:
Padre Pio
Re: Klopp officially named Liverpool manager Flava 09 October, 2015 13:49

Flava edited that in June.

Nice try, but there is no evidence at all of an edit.

Shane 10 February, 2020 21:35
It was a joke mate. What's the nice try bit about though? Apart from being a good prediction what does it prove in this context?

Padre Pio 10 February, 2020 22:02
I just think it proves that considering Klopp in 2015 would not be an unreasonable idea. Flava was not unique a lot of Arsenal fans did suggest it in 2015.

Willy 10 February, 2020 22:33
Is there anyone who thinks Raul has been good for the club? Just the Emery stuff alone is terrible never mind transfer and contract dealings. I don’t see this as an AKB issue

Shane 10 February, 2020 23:51
I could be wrong here, but I think a lot of Arsenal fans - myself included - are just spoiled, over-privileged brats who simply never adjusted their expectation after the Emirates move. It isn't our fault though. We were manipulated into believing that Arsenal, despite huge handicaps, should be winning things early on after leaving Highbury. Everywhere we turned we were told by Sky Sports and by newspapers that Arsenal hadn't won a trophy since 2005.

How many times have one of us said that we wouldn't believe a transfer rumour until Sky Sports report it? I'm not saying they're unreliable. I'm saying they have an extraordinary amount of power on what fans believe and don't believe, and if their pundits push an agenda then you're going to absorb it and adopt the same view. This was before Twitter or Facebook, before the average football fan could stumble across a bit of context flips their opinion upside down, a bit of context that the media had freedom to omit back in the day because it spoils the narrative, so our perception and expectations were manipulated. The Sun even had a widget on their website counting the days, hours and seconds since we last won something. I'm talking 2009. Ridiculous.

And if pundits and journalists are talking about it, what happens? We start talking about it, and all of a sudden it becomes a thing, a trophy drought. Context and rationality fly out the window. All that matters is when Arsenal are going to win the Premier League again and Wenger is judged on whether or not he achieves it, so we start judging him on this. Should he have been judged on this? Absolutely-f*cking-not because with the benefit of hindsight we know that you cannot spend Β£16 million on three or four players every year and win a competition where your rivals are spending twice that amount on single players -literally.

The disparity was absolutely staggering and so too was the fact we actually could've won it a few times. We didn't nearly win the Premier League in 2008 because it was realistic that previous August; we nearly won it because our manager was unbelievably astute once upon a time and knew how to build an exceptional team at a very, very low cost.

We had no right to even be in the frame that year, finishing four points behind a United team that won the Champions League and lost to Barcelona in the final a year later. They had Ronaldo, Tevez and Rooney in attack, and if not for that day at Birmingham they might've finished runners-up to a team whose most expensive player was Alex Hleb at Β£8 million or Β£9 million. I mention this not to celebrate failure, but to point out that that season was the start. That was when some fans started gravitating toward an anti-Wenger stance and over the years the disdain only grew. But it all stems from holding Wenger to an impossibly high standard in the first place during the early Emirates years, and then judging him for not reaching it. The fact he was probably one centre-back away from doing it nonetheless should be enough to tell you that although he was often a frustrating figure, he was also probably the most astute manager that will ever manage the club. And I'd bet a million pounds that a lot of Wenger Out fans right now would be nowhere near as damning in their assessment of him had Sky Sports covered our team with a little more balance and context early on in the Emirates era. They didn't.

The sub-plot to every season was whether this is the year Arsenal end their trophy drought. I swear there was more pressure on Arsenal to win things than there was Manchester City when they were literally spending Β£100 million every summer. I think that's honestly true you know. I'm not suggesting some widespread conspiracy against the Arsenal here, just that for a lot of fans who patently dislike Wenger, their perception very possibly stems from the trophyless years which were made to look like far bigger failures than they actually were.

Padre Pio 11 February, 2020 00:10
I'm tempted by the arguments Shane, but then I remember the years we could have won the league and blew it eg the year Leicester won it, the year Eduardo had his ankle broken, yet we could have cruised to the title if we could have recovered.
Not winning the league those two years was not about cash, it was about the lack of backbone in the club.
Ive lived through very long periods of not winning a trophy, it never bothered me as long as I knew the teams were honest. And when they wern't I campaigned for new managers.
The two managers that turned things around after longer doldrums by creating back bone in the team were Mee and Graham.
Lets hope that Arteta can create the missing ingredient (backbone), we have never gone longer than 18 years without winning the league, usually with a variety of managers achieving that failure. Wenger has used up 14 of those years already. We will have to accept that its a very long period of sterility indeed this time around.
And we have always had a stingy board, win the league and they fail to invest, so its business as usual. Nothing new there.

Shane 11 February, 2020 00:33
The Leicester season is irrelevant. Your mind was made up about Wenger well before then. Your views, I think, were probably set during the early Emirates years when Wenger was judged by very, very unrealistic and unfair expectations that were moulded by the media and not grounded in reality. If they were grounded in reality then we wouldn't beat him over the head with the 2007-08 season, or the following season when we lost the Champions League semi-final, because common sense suggests we did phenomenally well to come as close as we did, considering our resources and the fact he had two or three huge players to replace every single summer. By the time their replacements had adapted, there was another two or three who needed to be replaced. Impossible.

This is context that wasn't provided at the time. You say we should've won it in 2008 and you're right, but that illustrates how stupidly-good at the job he was, not how bad he was.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 00:35 by Shane.

CazOnARola 11 February, 2020 01:55
Quote:
Shane
The Leicester season is irrelevant. Your mind was made up about Wenger well before then. Your views, I think, were probably set during the early Emirates years when Wenger was judged by very, very unrealistic and unfair expectations that were moulded by the media and not grounded in reality. If they were grounded in reality then we wouldn't beat him over the head with the 2007-08 season, or the following season when we lost the Champions League semi-final, because common sense suggests we did phenomenally well to come as close as we did, considering our resources and the fact he had two or three huge players to replace every single summer. By the time their replacements had adapted, there was another two or three who needed to be replaced. Impossible.
This is context that wasn't provided at the time. You say we should've won it in 2008 and you're right, but that illustrates how stupidly-good at the job he was, not how bad he was.
I agree with most of it. Padre, you are right about the leicester season and but that was the first few years where wenger was given money to sign players. He himself said that the champions League final and the leicester season are his biggest regrets.

The leicester season is when i realized that he is too old and too outdated to take us ahead to win the league. Not just him, his backroom staff, scouts, everyone.

But he is not single handedly responsible for taking the club down like some say. There is definitely an agenda in the British media. "a big club like arsenal hasnt won the league for a decade now" when liverpool were closer to 20 lol.

The owners should have started putting a structure in place post 2013-2014 without wenger when we started spending some money. But they were always happy with top 4 and they knew wenger could deliver it consistently. They didn't really care about much else or the fact that he was declining. Ppl can't expect a man obsessed with football to retire on his own. If he didn't go, the club hierarchy should have decided it for him.

Pre 2013, he outperformed his transfer spend and was on par with his wage spend every single year or better.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 13:38 by CazOnARola.

CazOnARola 11 February, 2020 02:25
And padre to your point about us being always stingy, we didn't have ppl pouring in billions of pounds or so all over the world to compete with us.

Arsenal was always one of the elite and English /foreign players were always very eager to join us due to our reputation.

It is different now with teams like Chelsea /City having at times 30+ players out on loan. We can't even compete for the best young players anymore.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 12:27 by CazOnARola.

Padre Pio 11 February, 2020 12:13
I agree with most of your points Caz, but I need to correct myself, Arsenal wernt always stingy, before WWII they were known as the Bank of England Club, it was only after WWII that the Directors became stingy, something Graham and Wenger both suffered from.

Shane 11 February, 2020 19:39
He deserves criticism for 2013-14 and 2015-16, when we did have money and when we weren't losing big players every summer.

As soon as Arsenal were secure enough to buy big players and keep big players, what happened? We won three FA Cups in four years. I realise it isn't the same as winning three Champions Leagues in four years, but it does go to show how important continuity is for success, the sort of continuity which was impossible to achieve in the first six years at the Emirates, when it was open season on our players every summer.

If anyone were to ever write a book about Wenger or make a film about him, they're the years to focus on. They're so much more interesting and fascinating than 1998-2005. Everybody knows he did an unbelievable job then and he got the credit for it, but fewer people know that he also did unbelievable work from 2006 until 2012 and gets no credit for it. In fact, it's the opposite - he gets criticised, because they're the trophyless years, but again, only because we were told we should be winning trophies.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 19:40 by Shane.

plonky 12 February, 2020 13:23
Somewhere out there some ManU fans are blaming SAF for their clubs decline.

mapleleafgooner 14 February, 2020 00:34
Quote:
plonky
Somewhere out there some ManU fans are blaming SAF for their clubs decline.

The difference is most ManUre fans will want Fergie back to manage their team but the same cannot be said for the majority of Arsenal fans wanting Wenger back short of a few hard core Wenger supporters.

Bergmars 14 February, 2020 16:52
Wengers early years were a surprise to everyone us included but others soon followed his lead and when the financial climate changed against us we were always on the back foot.

Under new managment

Shane 15 February, 2020 12:50
Quite right Bergmars. Sky Sports have a huge amount of power and influence on their viewership and if they decide that Arsenal should've been winning major trophies between 2006 and 2012 then what happens when we don't win anything? We question Wenger, when really we should've questioned the logic of why there was so much pressure on us to win trophies in an era when Wenger had to make a winning team, while our rivals bought a winning team.

Listen, I get that we follow a huge club and there's always expectation, but we should've tailored our expectation to fit the reality, which was that our spending was reduced and our rivals' investment was enhanced massively. I genuinely, hand-on-heart don't think we'd have done better with any other manager during that period. I don't think any other manager could lose players of Nasri and Fabregas's influence in one summer and actually improve the team immediately. The 2011-12 side won more games, scored more goals and finished with more points than the 2010-11 team, which beat Barcelona.

We lost Clichy, Cesc and Nasri, replaced them with Santos, Arteta and Benayoun/Gervinho and actually got better somehow. Critics said we were a one-man team, and we were, but it was by design. Van Persie didn't score 38 goals by coincidence. Wenger changed the way we play and changed the way Van Persie played. And people say he never adapted. Aye he did, every single year. We even got better when we lost Van Persie. You can't replace him so what do you do? You re-structure the team. Walcott got 20 goals. Giroud got 17 I think. Cazorla got 12. Podolski got 16. And then the year after that we ended the drought. If Tottenham sell Harry Kane this summer and actually get better without him, and win more trophies without him, I'll eat a steel-toe boot.

Wenger was a million times more astute than some fans will remember him for. And anyone who says it was Wenger's decision to sell all these players should think back to when he said Arsenal couldn't pretend to be a big club if they sold Fabregas and Nasri. He looked like the fool when both were eventually sold but with hindsight I think it's glaringly obvious that the order came down from above. What does he gain from selling his best players? It only makes his job so much harder but the fact none of those losses hit us as hard as they should've is, again, testament to him.

goonerred 15 February, 2020 13:17
I don't think sky just decided that arsenal should be winning trophies, we'd just recently won the league unbeaten. We should have kicked on from that, I don't think we bought anyone that summer. Wenger had raised the bar high and failed to emulate his own success. I think some managers could have won more.
Wenger was knocked off track by Chelsea's money, he wouldn't pay big for players, I heard him say that they weren't worth 'that kind of money'. They weren't but that's what you had to pay to get the best players. Now you have to pay high for a player's potential.

CazOnARola 15 February, 2020 13:30
Quote:
goonerred
I don't think sky just decided that arsenal should be winning trophies, we'd just recently won the league unbeaten. We should have kicked on from that, I don't think we bought anyone that summer. Wenger had raised the bar high and failed to emulate his own success. I think some managers could have won more.
Wenger was knocked off track by Chelsea's money, he wouldn't pay big for players, I heard him say that they weren't worth 'that kind of money'. They weren't but that's what you had to pay to get the best players. Now you have to pay high for a player's potential.

Lol that was to not openly admit that we cannot compete with others. And you don't want your players to have sent inferiority complex. So you'd obviously say this like worth /not worth etc. The bottom line was he didn't have any money.

It was evident with the Sanchez signing when the club finally admitted that there was no money to spend. They just bid behind the manager.

We had money in the bank which we saved so that in case we didn't make the champions league /got knocked out early, we could just that to pay 50/55mn without damaging the squad further, but wenger kept making the knock out stages which was ur most bang for the buck scenario.

Henry was on 180k /w, sol Campbell on similar wages as well. Wenger gave ozil 350k/w for which he receives flak even today. So is not like he was against paying players, he just didn't have the funds available period.

So why did the club not openly admit that we don't have money? Cause that would be a signal to the world and fans that we are no longer competing with the best. Which company does that? Its totally against running a business well. The club absolutely has to keep appearances.

Its like when your hr department lays off 2000 ppl for "performance" issues but then buys a 1000 pound big screen television for the employee breakout area /cafeteria to prove that "there are no cost cutting measures and that everything is all right with the company cash flows".

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2020 17:08 by CazOnARola.

CazOnARola 15 February, 2020 13:35
By the way, we paid some of the highest wages to attract young players so that they wouldn't go to other clubs. Ramsey, theo, ox etc etc. Not to mention tapping up players like cesc, bellerin.

That is cause 50k/w is what we could afford, so instead of buying a@#$%&senior pro, we bought potential.

And later as soon as that potential materilized, we sold that player to the highest bidder.

That's how we kept making profit in the transfer market and kept paying off the 5 year highbury redevelopment loan.

If your primary objective is to just be competitive and earn as much money as you can, it looks like a fantastic business model.

Something we need to emulate btw, if we want to build a squad like Liverpool. Buy low and sell at peak value. Then use that money to fund different areas of the squad.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2020 13:37 by CazOnARola.

Shane 15 February, 2020 13:55
Quote:
goonerred
I don't think sky just decided that arsenal should be winning trophies, we'd just recently won the league unbeaten. We should have kicked on from that, I don't think we bought anyone that summer. Wenger had raised the bar high and failed to emulate his own success. I think some managers could have won more. Wenger was knocked off track by Chelsea's money, he wouldn't pay big for players, I heard him say that they weren't worth 'that kind of money'. They weren't but that's what you had to pay to get the best players. Now you have to pay high for a player's potential.

Who could've won the league for Arsenal spending an average of Β£16 million a summer - half of Robinho and Berbatov's transfer fee - and losing at least two big players every year?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 15/02/2020 13:56 by Shane.

Boston Gooner 15 February, 2020 14:10
So it was all Sky's fault. πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Shane 15 February, 2020 15:20
It's not Sky's fault we didn't win anything from 2006 until 2012. It's Sky's fault we judged Wenger on whether or not he did.

Boston Gooner 15 February, 2020 15:50
Quote:
Shane
It's not Sky's fault we didn't win anything from 2006 until 2012. It's Sky's fault we judged Wenger on whether or not he did.

It's a joke Shane.
Chill out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net