Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Ozil
Discussion started by djarse , 06 February, 2020 14:40
Ozil
djarse 06 February, 2020 14:40
Got to have some sympathy with the guy over his focus and performance recently with all this hanging over him:

[www.skysports.com]

Re: Ozil
Boston Gooner 06 February, 2020 16:16
Agree.
Not nice.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Boston Gooner 06 February, 2020 22:55
Arsenal star Mesut Ozil reportedly spent £516,000 (4m Turkish Lira) on an armor plated Mercedes G63 Mansory car for his wife Amine Gulse according to the Sabah newspaper.

brought his wife a new car with added security features following the attempted robbery in London over the summer.

mapleleafgooner 07 February, 2020 14:04
He can solve his safety issues by moving to Turkey where his buddy Erdogen can ask the Turkish military to protect him.

CazOnARola 07 February, 2020 15:18
Ozil will move on the summer. We just didn't have the time and probably arteta thought he didn't need another transition after taking over in dec.
I agree with Arteta. None of the other midfielders can that balls in the final third at all as was seen after willock came on.

He will leave in the summer and we will need a new CAM in the summer. Hope we are atleast sniffing for Grealish.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2020 15:43 by CazOnARola.

Boston Gooner 07 February, 2020 15:24
No way Grealish.
Would be a terrible purchase.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/02/2020 15:31 by Boston Gooner.

CazOnARola 07 February, 2020 15:45
Quote:
Boston Gooner
No way Grealish.
Id rather Grealish than matteo/willock /xhaka/Torreira /smith rowe.

We need a more physical DM and Goal scoring B2B as well. I'm worried we won't have enough money for Top class CAM as well.

Boston Gooner 07 February, 2020 16:01
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
Boston Gooner
No way Grealish.

We need a more physical DM and Goal scoring B2B as well. I'm worried we won't have enough money for Top class CAM as well.

Grealish would be a troublemaker.
No discipline.
And would be suspended a lot.
We can do better than him.

CazOnARola 07 February, 2020 17:08
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
Boston Gooner
No way Grealish.

Grealish would be a troublemaker.
No discipline.
And would be suspended a lot.
We can do better than him.
Any other CAMs that you think we can get for 45mn or less?

AJ The Gunner 07 February, 2020 19:41
He will be gone in the summer

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

younghansolo 07 February, 2020 19:44
I'd love Graelish

mapleleafgooner 09 February, 2020 13:12
How about trading Ozil to Juventus to bring back Ramsey? Will @#$%& off GS1 for sure.

[www.justarsenal.com]

CazOnARola 09 February, 2020 13:19
Ramsey is too injury prone, and while he would have helped this season cause we have been bad, i dont think he will ever be signed back.

goonerred 09 February, 2020 13:39
We wouldn't be able to pay his wages.

Boston Gooner 09 February, 2020 15:59
Ramsey has managed only 12 league appearances.

Best move we have done getting rid of him.

CazOnARola 09 February, 2020 16:18
We are rebuilding. We need decent players all over the park, not stars. We need to spend money on transfer fees but those players need to be under 150k/w because of where we stand as a club in terms of our finances.

We need to bring the average age down and hope we come good in 2/3 years time when liverpool and other teams would be in the transition.

City might be having into a transition as well next year.

We need to move on auba/ozil /Lacazette and replace goals with a team that wins 1-0 on the cost attacks like the leicester team that won the title, and try to finish in the europa League at least next season.
Unless leicester players get poached next year, the top 5 teams will stay as is.

There will be fight for 6th between us, United, everton and wolves, we would have done well just to win that battle.

Willy 10 February, 2020 15:54
There’s a good piece on Ozil on Arseblog News. Plenty of evidence that he no longer adds much value.

CazOnARola 10 February, 2020 16:55
Quote:
Willy
There’s a good piece on Ozil on Arseblog News. Plenty of evidence that he no longer adds much value.
Arseblog didn't really conclude that. It was just showing that he is down on the percentages compared to before but both him and lacazette are having collect the ball a lot deeper which means they do not get to spend much time in the final third.

While i agree he is not as good as he used to be, he is playing better than 90% of the ppl in this team including Aubameyang who is absolutely @#$%& at bringing other team mates into play. He is no where near playing as badly as ppl are making out to be.

I can't believe nobody has noticed how poor the off the ball runs are of Lacazette and Aubameyang and how many times they miss the return pass to the midfielder when the back is played into both of them.

Just watch the first 20 min of the Burnley game and check the amount of times the attack breaks /slows down because the weight/direction of the past from Lacazette and Aubameyang is @#$%& poor.

Ozil is 30+, no where near his best levels for us, but the build up play of the midfield is so poor and couple that with the awful passing abilities of the front 2, you get what are our current paying stats. Emery is a big reason for this decline as well because of the style of play or lack of it imposed by him over the past year.

Willy 10 February, 2020 21:23
We will have to agree to disagree on the interpretation of that article then! I do take the point about his team mates but can’t see him as outperforming 90% of the team. Is he outperforming Leno, Luiz, Xhaka, Torreira, Guendouzi, Martinelli, Aubameyang, Saka or even Pepe? Everyone has been poor one way or another bar some of the youth so I’m not even sure the comparisons matter. Ozil played well with the current team in that home match v Leicester last year, why can’t he do that more often? Doesn’t that show it’s not just about team mates not being on his level?

CazOnARola 11 February, 2020 01:33
Quote:
Willy
We will have to agree to disagree on the interpretation of that article then! I do take the point about his team mates but can’t see him as outperforming 90% of the team. Is he outperforming Leno, Luiz, Xhaka, Torreira, Guendouzi, Martinelli, Aubameyang, Saka or even Pepe? Everyone has been poor one way or another bar some of the youth so I’m not even sure the comparisons matter. Ozil played well with the current team in that home match v Leicester last year, why can’t he do that more often? Doesn’t that show it’s not just about team mates not being on his level?
He is out performing all of those except luiz and Torreira.

Do you know why Martinelli couldn't make an impact in the last game?

Its because he was played on the right wing which is rarely overloaded, only used to stretch play.
Whenever pepe and ozil play on the right they have at least 3 players marking them.
Pepe/Reiss hug the touch line even though pepe is actually left footed and his game is more conducive to cutting inside.

This leaves Martinelli one v one on so many occasions with his FB and many times with 2 v 1 advantage due to Saka on the overlap.
Same applies to Aubameyang when he plays there. They don't make it count and most of the time Martinelli s crosses are snuffed out.

Same applies to saka, he scored yes in the cup, but in other games he has played, he hasn't been as productive with his final ball compared to the amount of space he is afforded.

You always judge performance based on that. How much space /openings are afforded to the player and what were their choices vs what did they actually do and all the players you mentioned Fall quite short.

Pepe who is getting a lot of slick has been cutting outside onto his wrong foot (right) to actually help stretch the opponents for the sake of his team. It's because Aubameyang cannot do this and he has been given the license to cut inside. If pepe does the same, we will have congestion in the middle and end up with both fullbacks high up the pitch.

Whenever ozil is in the half space (the main area for a 10) the only players that find him quickly before he gets closed down are luiz/Torreira, all the others take centuries to release the ball.

Add to this, whenever he /other midfielders are free just inside the box in a position to take a shot /play the final ball, Aubameyang /Lacazette ignore them and instead play to each other, no matter how improbable the pass completion is.

As an example, what do you think will happen if pepe gets a run in the side and is consistently left one v one with the opposing full back like Martinelli?

I did not even bother commenting on guendouzi because he is one of the worst players in the first 11 behind Lacazette. The amount of times he holds onto the ball or is caught positionally is very very high. He doesn't even get into good receiving positions to help his partner, which is why Torreira struggles to play with him.

Don't forget nos 10 is the hardest position to play in football. That's why you have the most intelligent players playing there.

If you want to compare, just compare guendouzi, willock, xhaka, torreira, Ceballos over the past 12-15 months when they have played 10 and how absolutely ineffective they were. It is not simply because it's not their natural position. It's because they lack the mobility, technique or the intelligence to play that position. The only other player capable of finding spaces there and string passes is Torreira.

Why do you think emery had to bring ozil back after ostracizing him? It was not fan pressure, it's because we have some dog @#$%& footballers at the club who lack a basic football brain.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 14:12 by CazOnARola.

CazOnARola 11 February, 2020 01:43
I want ozil to leave, but only because it would free up wages which would help us replace our CMs, Strikers, CBs.
Not because he is the first person that needs to go. The areas that need immediate upgrades are our CMs, (both of them), one CB along side luiz for one more season, and a 9 like Jimenez who can score and link up well.
Aubameyang does little else apart from scoring and lacazette just doesn't do anything right these days.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 14:07 by CazOnARola.

Merlion96 11 February, 2020 13:54
We are stuck with him.
His agent is smart enough to see out the contract and then see what they do in 2021; either January 2021 if MLS is interested; or leave for Turkey in summer 2021.

Of course, he will put in MOTM performances in 2021 to attract buyers and he still has an option to stay in London with a new contract.

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

goonerred 11 February, 2020 14:09
Quote:
Merlion96
We are stuck with him.
His agent is smart enough to see out the contract and then see what they do in 2021; either January 2021 if MLS is interested; or leave for Turkey in summer 2021.

Of course, he will put in MOTM performances in 2021 to attract buyers and he still has an option to stay in London with a new contract.
Of course we're stuck with him, why would he leave? He has nothing to prove, he's doesn't play for the nataional team, so there's nothing there to spur him on. He might play for a good contract, but that will suit us as well. I doubt we will give him another conract, we're not that stupid - are we?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 14:30 by goonerred.

CazOnARola 11 February, 2020 14:19
An acl or anything will ruin his last pay day. He is 30+ his life is constantly under threat as is his family.

Reportedly he agreed to a move in Jan to Qatar. Ppl have moved for less like mkhi. Ozil will most likely move on.

I doubt he enjoys the game much anyway, 90% of the time when he runs for the return ball, it never comes or takes him out of position because the quality of the pass is horrendous.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net