Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Arteta wants Arsenal’s transfer business done before Euro 2020 reports.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 06 February, 2020 08:32
Arteta wants Arsenal’s transfer business done before Euro 2020 reports.
Boston Gooner 06 February, 2020 08:32
Mikel Arteta will aim to complete three transfer deals before Euro 2020 starts, reports say. The Arsenal boss oversaw a quiet January window, but expects to be backed in the summer. The Daily Mail claim Arteta wants to bring in three big signings, with two midfielders and a centre-back on the wishlist. Arteta is targeting a box-to-box midfielder and creative midfielder, but Arsenal are concerned about what effect this summer’s European Championships could have on asking prices. The competition has a habit of driving up transfer fees and Arsenal are worried they will be priced out of moves if their priority targets perform well in the tournament.

It would be nice to get deals done early as they are on about closing the window the end of August again.
Meaning we usually start season without a new signing added.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Arteta wants Arsenal’s transfer business done before Euro 2020 reports.
CazOnARola 06 February, 2020 08:45
We may get disappointed. The players as well as their clubs know that prices go higher after the competition, so one has to pay over the odds even beforehand for players who are traveling with the national team.

They may want to wait to listen to offers as well. Saliba is obviously already part of the team. I think this is just a completely made up story. Would Arteta like to have players before hand? Absolutely. He would have taken it even in January if we had the money.
But this talk about him insisting on this and that are just made up stories so that the same outlets can drive arsenal fans wild with more articles about how "the plan" didn't materialized.

Re: Arteta wants Arsenal’s transfer business done before Euro 2020 reports.
CazOnARola 06 February, 2020 08:47
There are even rumors about us having greased the palms of a certain agent so as to get first dibs on our next Brazilian. But I'm not going to get my hopes up of signing Coutinho smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net