Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.

Summer Sale.
Discussion started by Boston Gooner , 03 February, 2020 09:54
Summer Sale.
Boston Gooner 03 February, 2020 09:54
This summer will soon be here after another pretty poor premier league season.
Time for clear out any of these players.

Sokratis Papastathopoulos
Rob Holding
Shkodran Mustafi
Calum Chambers
David Luiz
Sead Kolasinac
Cédric Soares
Pablo Mari Villar
Daniel Ceballos
Mesut Özil
Matteo Guendouzi
Granit Xhaka
Alexandre Lacazette
Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang
Nicolas Pepe ? If he doesn't improve drastically.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2020 22:00 by Boston Gooner.

Re: Summer Sale.
goonerred 03 February, 2020 10:01
Don't tease me. I love summer and it's not coming any time soon.

CazOnARola 03 February, 2020 12:32
Quote:
Boston Gooner

Rob Holding
Shkodran Mustafi
Calum Chambers
David Luiz
Sead Kolasinac
Cédric Soares
Pablo Mari Villar
Daniel Ceballos
Mesut Özil
Matteo Guendouzi
Granit Xhaka
Bukayo Saka
Alexandre Lacazette
Is chambers in the final year of his contract?
Expect all of the above to go except saka, pepe, guendouzi, luiz and maybe Kolasinac if soares is not good and we decide against him as competition for Tierney.

Lacazette may end up staying just because we may not want to sell both him and Aubameyang in the range window.

Boston Gooner 03 February, 2020 12:43
Caz just seen this,

Calum Chambers signed a 4 year / £10,400,000 contract with the Arsenal F.C., including an annual average salary of £2,600,000. In 2019, Chambers will earn a base salary of £2,600,000, while carrying a cap hit of £2,600,000.

CONTRACT:4 yr(s) / £10,400,000
FREE AGENT:2022 / UFA

goonerred 03 February, 2020 12:56
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Caz just seen this,
Calum Chambers signed a 4 year / £10,400,000 contract with the Arsenal F.C., including an annual average salary of £2,600,000. In 2019, Chambers will earn a base salary of £2,600,000, while carrying a cap hit of £2,600,000.

God, these players get oodles of money for very little!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/02/2020 13:43 by goonerred.

CazOnARola 03 February, 2020 13:13
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Caz just seen this,

sad smiley

SandyB 03 February, 2020 15:43
Rob Holding
Shkodran Mustafi
Sead Kolasinac
Daniel Ceballos
Mesut Ozil
Granit Xhaka
Lucas Torreira
Alexandre Lacazette

All useless for starting 11 and squad

goonerred 03 February, 2020 17:24
Quote:
SandyB
Rob Holding
Shkodran Mustafi
Sead Kolasinac
Daniel Ceballos
Mesut Ozil
Granit Xhaka
Lucas Torreira
Alexandre Lacazette

Does that mean that you rate Chambers?

SandyB 03 February, 2020 17:38
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
SandyB
Rob Holding
Shkodran Mustafi
Sead Kolasinac
Daniel Ceballos
Mesut Ozil
Granit Xhaka
Lucas Torreira
Alexandre Lacazette

Does that mean that you rate Chambers?

I think he already has long contract n good enough for squad.

mapleleafgooner 03 February, 2020 19:46
Cant' just wipe out the majority of the first team. Will need to account for those who counts towards home grown status. Not so easy to bring in new players that will turn out right.

SuperRob 03 February, 2020 20:17
Replacements for Ozil, Xhaka and Luiz. And sell mustafi. That's all we need to do.

Boston Gooner 03 February, 2020 22:02
Quote:
CazOnARola
Quote:
Boston Gooner

Rob Holding
Shkodran Mustafi
Calum Chambers
David Luiz
Sead Kolasinac
Cédric Soares
Pablo Mari Villar
Daniel Ceballos
Mesut Özil
Matteo Guendouzi
Granit Xhaka
Bukayo Saka
Alexandre Lacazette
Is chambers in the final year of his contract?
Expect all of the above to go except saka, pepe, guendouzi, luiz and maybe Kolasinac if soares is not good and we decide against him as competition for Tierney.

Lacazette may end up staying just because we may not want to sell both him and Aubameyang in the range window.

Taken Saka out of list.
Mistakenly put him in it.

Ares 03 February, 2020 22:53
Why did you mistakenly put him in it?

Boston Gooner 03 February, 2020 23:26
Quote:
Ares
Why did you mistakenly put him in it?

Because I listed all the players and then removed the ones to keep.
Obviously didn't realise I had kept Saka on the clear out list.

weedz 04 February, 2020 04:29
Ceballos shouldn't be on the list, cause hes not ours to keep
Mari and Soures are the same.
Gwen, Holding and Chambers are still young with enough potential not to be on that list.
I do think Auba and Laca will both go. It's doubtful we will make Europe by seasons end and they won't put up with that. Xhaka could go down the same track.
The hope is we make EL final again. That may save us.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Ares 04 February, 2020 05:22
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Because I listed all the players and then removed the ones to keep.

Smart

CazOnARola 07 February, 2020 09:52
Elneny £7 million
Miki £12
Kolas £12
Sok £8
Ozil £0 – at least we’re not having to pay him to leave.
Xhaka £23
Mustafi £12
Laca – £30
Auba £50

That’s £154 million with at least 4 first choices in ozil xhaka laca auba.

What do you guys think?

djarse 07 February, 2020 11:53
Good call CazOnARola

Slight risk in getting rid of 3 defenders unless we definitely get another quality centre back and in getting rid of both Auba and Laca (who make up more than half the sales income) unless we are certain that Nketiah/Martinelli can fill the gap

But it would give us the money for the central defender, creative number 10 and box to box midfielder that Arteta is allegedly seeking....

Boston Gooner 07 February, 2020 11:59
Agree.
Whether we would get that much for some of the I don't know.

But they have to be moved on so Arteta can get his team in place.

CazOnARola 07 February, 2020 12:59
I'm hoping we get a cavani kind of signing on a 1-2 year deal and use Martinelli intelligently as a CF/LW depending on if the new CF is playing. Also if soares and mari are any good, then Saliba/luiz/mari/holding/chambers later in the year might be good enough to get us back to top 6/7.

Kolasinac has EPL experience, so he might just get us 20-25mn from serie A/Bundesliga.

That way we can conc in spending all the money on a B2B, CAM and CF.

But arteta might just ask to keep laca for a season in which case we can spend it on a DLP/CAM/B2B, a completely revamped midfield.

We should also listen to offers for Guen. He's homegrown in the French league so any offer above 45mn, we should cash in and reinvest.

I believe the above estimates are conservative, i think we would end up getting 5-10mn more depending on how the above players perform full the end of the season.

goonerred 07 February, 2020 14:36
Quote:
CazOnARola
Elneny £7 million
Miki £12
Kolas £12
Sok £8
Xhaka £23
Mustafi £12
Laca – £30
Auba £50

What do you guys think?
I'm not keeping up, I thought we'd sold Elneny!

Boston Gooner 07 February, 2020 15:27
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
CazOnARola
Elneny £7 million
Miki £12
Kolas £12
Sok £8
Xhaka £23
Mustafi £12
Laca – £30
Auba £50

What do you guys think?

On loan.

Merlion96 07 February, 2020 16:27
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
CazOnARola
Elneny £7 million
Miki £12
Kolas £12
Sok £8
Xhaka £23
Mustafi £12
Laca – £30
Auba £50

What do you guys think?

Forget it.

They will all do a "Gallas", refusing to leave, be professional on the pitch, see out their contract and leave on a Bosman.

I can only see a proud man like Xhaka who can hardly wait to leave in the summer.

Negotiation for sales of Auba and Laca will break down due to buyers wanting to screw us with a low bid. The way Arsenal negotiated with serious buyers demanding a high price, most buyers preferred to walk away from the deal.

Ozil? Mustafi? Luiz? Sokratis? Kolasinac? Mkhitaryan?
Why will they want to leave?

CazOnARola 07 February, 2020 17:27
Ozil reportedly was ok moving to Qatar. Kolasinac will move as well. Mkhi and elneny would most likely as will Aubameyang. Mustafi, Sokratis and lacazette are the doubts.

Willy 10 February, 2020 21:33
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
CazOnARola
Elneny £7 million
Miki £12
Kolas £12
Sok £8
Xhaka £23
Mustafi £12
Laca – £30
Auba £50

What do you guys think?

On loan.

I can’t really see the Arsenal transfer machine handling all this business in one window including four decent purchases. It would be an impressive summer on their part. I’d take the prices though and agree with good performances we might get a bit more

litmus 11 February, 2020 04:01
Quote:
Boston Gooner

Rob Holding
Shkodran Mustafi
Calum Chambers
David Luiz
Sead Kolasinac
Cédric Soares
Pablo Mari Villar
Daniel Ceballos
Mesut Özil
Matteo Guendouzi
Granit Xhaka
Alexandre Lacazette

Hang on, Mari and Soares haven't even played one game for us and you seem pretty sure you want to get rid of them come summer?

Boston Gooner 11 February, 2020 05:55
Quote:
litmus
Quote:
Boston Gooner

Rob Holding
Shkodran Mustafi
Calum Chambers
David Luiz
Sead Kolasinac
Cédric Soares
Pablo Mari Villar
Daniel Ceballos
Mesut Özil
Matteo Guendouzi
Granit Xhaka
Alexandre Lacazette

Hang on, Mari and Soares haven't even played one game for us and you seem pretty sure you want to get rid of them come summer?

We need money.
Some of them players are going to be the ones that get us it.
Obviously we can't get rid of all.

But I think Mari and Soares are nothing more than stop gaps until the end of the season.

CazOnARola 11 February, 2020 06:04
We could do with david luiz for another season imho. Id rather we kept luiz than sok. If we let both of them go, we end up with zero PL experience at the back which won't help saliba and whoever comes in.
Also considering how arteta likes to play, mustafi is a better fit than sok. His passing from the back in the first half vs Burnley was quite good. Sokratis can't play out from the back at all and allows opposition to just shut off luiz.
We absolutely have to get rid of mkhi, elneny, Aubameyang (because he is one dimensional and only player that will fetch any good money), ozil (wages), Kolasinac, xhaka.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2020 06:18 by CazOnARola.

djarse 12 February, 2020 13:13
Someone read CazOnaRola's post: [www.teamtalk.com]

CazOnARola 12 February, 2020 16:09
Journos regularly stole Shane 's post in the past.
Read my post or not, that is really lazy writing.

"Gunners Head of Football Raul Sanllehi has ‘previously warned that players will not be allowed to leave the club for free,’ in the manner of Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain and Aaron Ramsey."

We got 35mn pounds for Ox. Journos these days are absolutely @#$%&.

Jonny Bravo 12 February, 2020 18:58
Getting rid of the players we have on loan at the minute has to be the first priority.
After that I wouldn't be adverse to selling anybody on that list apart from Pepe and PEA.

We have a lot of our current and future investment tied up in Pepe, so he at least needs two seasons to see if he can live up to that price tag.
As for Auba, leaving aside his possible desire to join Barca et. al, if we cant get more than 35/40m for him we should keep him until the end of his contract.
This has to be the weakest Arsenal team in terms of goalscorers in my time supporting it, and selling the only regular goalscorer for a low ball figure just because he can go for free the next summer is madness.
He will be 32 come the end of that contract, so its not like we're loosing somebody at their absolute peak on a free, he would probably have had to be replaced that summer anyway if there was a marked decline in his form etc.
With the right purchases and sales elsewhere, having him the extra year could catapult us back into the CL spots and mitigate the loss of any mediocre transfer fee we might miss out on this summer.

CazOnARola 13 February, 2020 01:24
Johnny except that it won't. If we keep Aubameyang he will receive 15mn more in loyalty bonuses to him apart from his wages. So we would effectively lose 50mn not 35. We got 35 mn for Ox in his last year 3 years ago. We can sell auba to other clubs for more. We don't need to capitulate under barca s low ball offer. If barcs offers 35,plenty of clubs will take auba for more once they know he is available. We need a bidding war to sign him. I don't mind him being sold to city, liverpool, etc. They are not exactly our rivals.

We are not making CL next season. We would be lucky to come in 6th ahead of leicester, utd, Chelsea and wolves next season.

Jonny Bravo 13 February, 2020 18:00
I acknowledge the financial implications of keeping him, in terms of loosing a transfer fee and the payment of loyalty bonuses, however even if we recoup/save 50m in terms of the above where do we get a striker on that level and that goal scoring ability for anything approximating that price?

Regardless of possibly not making the CL next season, we still need somebody to stick the ball in the net and none of the other cast at the club, apart from Martinelli (a kid) are producing the goods on a regular basis.

CazOnARola 14 February, 2020 02:37
Quote:
Jonny Bravo
I acknowledge the financial implications of keeping him, in terms of loosing a transfer fee and the payment of loyalty bonuses, however even if we recoup/save 50m in terms of the above where do we get a striker on that level and that goal scoring ability for anything approximating that price?
Regardless of possibly not making the CL next season, we still need somebody to stick the ball in the net and none of the other cast at the club, apart from Martinelli (a kid) are producing the goods on a regular basis.
We made CL when we replaced RVP with giroud / podolski.

"striker for that level ". Not sure mate, he is a goal scorer. That's it. He doesn't do much else. He doesn't create anything for himself or others. Infact watch the first 10 min against Burnley. He will be the reason most of the attacks breakdown or slow down.

The reason we have struggled is we don't have a midfield to create changlces on a plate for him. His movement is worse than giroud (not the speed, the intelligence).

He always makes the far post run and hides behind the defender. It's the easier finish for him but a more difficult pass for whoever is trying to make that. Lacazette is even worse in selection of runs, but at least he used to link up play well, now he doesn't do that well either.

We are top heavy and have no option but to invest in the midfield and hope Martinelli /Saka/Pepe/New CAM get the goals. We should also sign a temporary solution for 2 years like david luiz at CB. Like a Cavani/higuain, whatever I'm jay making stuff up. Someone who won't cost 50mn.

Of course no matter what we do, we are not making it to CL next year. Other squads far too ahead for that. And we will have another season of transition because we will lose 4 first 11 players at least from ozil, xhaka, Kolasinac, Aubameyang, Lacazette.

Arteta would have done very well to get 6th ahead of leicester /United /Chelsea /wolves.

Spurs will finish top 4 this season as well as next.

litmus 14 February, 2020 08:04
[quote CazOnARola][quote Jonny Bravo]

"striker for that level ". Not sure mate, he is a goal scorer. That's it. He doesn't do much else. He doesn't create anything for himself or others. Infact watch the first 10 min against Burnley. He will be the reason most of the attacks breakdown or slow down.

[/quote]

Micheal Owen also was a goal scorer who didn't do much else.

CazOnARola 14 February, 2020 08:41
[quote litmus][quote CazOnARola][quote Jonny Bravo]

[/quote]

Micheal Owen also was a goal scorer who didn't do much else.[/quote]
Nope his passing was still better than Auba.

But that is of course irrelevant. Forget poachers like owen, Raul even Dennis bergkamp would struggle in this era of football.

You need strikers who can also defend and play on their own, there is also no pure nos 10 role, CBs need to be able to pass long well, keepers need to be good with their feet and play as a sweeper.

The game has come a long way. Drogba playing as a lone center forward set the bench mark for what a striker is supposed to do on his own and changed the game.

The game has come a long way. Ozil struggles because of the same reason, as does james Rodriquez and the now extinct kaka.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 14/02/2020 08:47 by CazOnARola.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net