Latest news:
This is the board where Arsenal fans can discuss all things Arsenal, and any other football issues that they feel are of interest to Gunners. Opposition fans are welcome, but remember this board is from an Arsenal point of view. Off Topic Discussion should take place on the Off Topic Forum. Off Topic discussion will be removed. Any topic that is football related, within reason, is not off topic.


Weekend matches 1/2 February
Discussion started by goonerred , 01 February, 2020 14:06
Weekend matches 1/2 February
goonerred 01 February, 2020 14:06
Dare I even want Chelsea, Tottenham and United to drop points in the hope that we can come good and start catching them? Burnley can be tricky opponents.
Leicester 2 - 2 Chelsea.

Re: Weekend matches 1/2 February
goonerred 01 February, 2020 17:12
Down in 12th, we have to win tomorrow, if Burnley win we'll be in 13th.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/02/2020 18:01 by goonerred.

Re: Weekend matches 1/2 February
goonerred 01 February, 2020 17:33
If my Maths is correct, the league has gone. If we win all of our matches and Pool lose all of theirs, we'd still be a point behind them.(Sm58)

Re: Weekend matches 1/2 February
djarse 01 February, 2020 18:32
Key game tomorrow - in terms of points and the psychology before the winter break.

Win and we are up to 9th just a point behind Spurs, probably two behind Man U & Wolves, 3 behind Sheffield Utd, and only 8 behind Chelsea. 5th or 6th a real possibility if we win tomorrow and our confidence keeps growing for the last third of the season.

Re: Weekend matches 1/2 February
plonky 02 February, 2020 09:06
Quote:
goonerred
If my Maths is correct, the league has gone. If we win all of our matches and Pool lose all of theirs, we'd still be a point behind them.(Sm58)

Correct. We are 43 points behind Lpool with a maximum 42 points available to win.
At least we made it to February.

Re: Weekend matches 1/2 February
goonerred 02 February, 2020 10:07
Quote:
djarse
Key game tomorrow - in terms of points and the psychology before the winter break.
Win and we are up to 9th just a point behind Spurs, probably two behind Man U & Wolves, 3 behind Sheffield Utd, and only 8 behind Chelsea. 5th or 6th a real possibility if we win tomorrow and our confidence keeps growing for the last third of the season.
If we can win, I doubt Spirs will take more than a point of City, we will have gained two points on Chavs, United and Spurs. That could kick start us with the winter break for Arteta to get his point across. C'mon boys, let's just win!!!

Re: Weekend matches 1/2 February
goonerred 02 February, 2020 16:24
Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
djarse
Key game tomorrow - in terms of points and the psychology before the winter break.
Win and we are up to 9th just a point behind Spurs, probably two behind Man U & Wolves, 3 behind Sheffield Utd, and only 8 behind Chelsea. 5th or 6th a real possibility if we win tomorrow and our confidence keeps growing for the last third of the season.
If we can win, I doubt Spurs will take more than a point of City, we will have gained two points on Chavs, United and Spurs. That could kick start us with the winter break for Arteta to get his point across. C'mon boys, let's just win!!!

I'll just shut up from now on. We are a mid-table team. We can't make gains when others drop points, I don't care whether Spurs win or not, this season has gone. We won't be in a relegation battle, that's the positive for this season.

We are staying up, say we are staying up. Feels like a trophy.

Re: Weekend matches 1/2 February
Boston Gooner 02 February, 2020 16:30
Embarrassing if we make Europe.
We are bloody poor.



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Weekend matches 1/2 February
goonerred 02 February, 2020 18:01
I really do not care that City are down to ten men and that Spurs are 2 nil up now. I don't!!!!

Re: Weekend matches 1/2 February
Padre Pio 02 February, 2020 19:20
Fecking City cant depend on them



- until Wenger moves on, they'll always be the also-rans in the major competitions. A club in elite purgatory. Always good enough to make it to the big race, never fast or smart enough to push over the finish line in first place. That's all about the manager. Until he changes, Arsenal fans will continue to celebrate glorious failure.

Re: Weekend matches 1/2 February
Shane 02 February, 2020 21:09
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Embarrassing if we make Europe.
We are bloody poor.

I hope we don't. Imagine the indignity of having to endure Europa League qualifiers that start at the beginning of June or something stupid, away to Hearts or Neath or Baku Colts.

I'd happily forfeit Europa League football next season. There's virtually no prestigious or monetary advantages to being in it. We'd have a much better season without it I think.

Re: Weekend matches 1/2 February
Boston Gooner 02 February, 2020 21:16
Quote:
Shane
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Embarrassing if we make Europe.
We are bloody poor.

I hope we don't. Imagine the indignity of having to endure Europa League qualifiers that start at the beginning of June or something stupid, away to Hearts or Neath or Baku Colts.

I'd happily forfeit Europa League football next season. There's virtually no prestigious or monetary advantages to being in it. We'd have a much better season without it I think.



https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif


Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net